Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Economy and Currency

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-08-2008, 02:47 PM   #1
matronmedusa
Avalon Senior Member

Default my personal situation

I have no bank account. I have no credit cards. I work only in cash. I don't live week to week like most people who collect a paycheck; rather I live from day to day. I do not own a home, I have no assets, and my truck won't be paid off until next year some time. Health insurance?? That's a joke. Social security? Yeah right. I guess you could say I have "nothing," not even a future.

What I DO have are two children and a loving man who support me and are proud of me. I support them by doing what I know to do, and doing it the best that I can.

I am a tattoo artist. For many years I have gone from tattoo shop to tattoo shop, trying to find the place I "fit in." It always ended on a sour note. Either from a shop owner's inability to manage a business and a drug addiction at the same time, or another artist's inability to swallow their pride and their ego when customers request me by name.

Finally, I refused to play the drama game anymore. Because these "businesses" were little more than a breeding ground for ego and adversity, I refused to step foot into another shop until it was my own. After building a reputation that speaks for itself, I did the "unthinkable" and started working from home. So far, it has worked to our advantage.

No, I do not file income taxes. I figure that money is better spent feeding my kids than funding some secret organization, or better yet, spent killing people I don't know in a country I know little to nothing about. As it is, I have no choice but to pay sales tax, and I still help the oil companies profit each time I fill my tank. Besides, because I don't claim, I don't get back, either. There's plenty of time for all that legal nonsense once I open my own shop.

How did I purchase a truck with no proof of income or tax returns? Easy. I tattooed the sales manager!

Fortunately, I have made very strong connections in this industry. Now, it's not like I have $10,000 to jump right in there and open a business, nor do I have good credit or a bank account to rely on for a loan to help me out. I have heard from a few people that they would be willing to invest, but no one's ever been serious; until now.

Hands shook and a contract has been signed, and just when I think my "American Dream" is about to come true, the nation's economy falls apart. Everything is at a standstill.

Do I:
1. Open the business and hope it survives? If my customers are broke, I'm broke.
2. Wait to see how the economic situation pans out?
3. Wish for Armageddon just so I don't have to worry about paying an electric bill?

Okay, the last one is a joke, sort of.

How is this crisis going to effect me in the long run, and what, really, do I have to lose from it, if I already have "nothing?"

This shop has meant more to me than just a way to secure my kids' futures. I have viewed it as a catalyst for spreading truth, planting seeds, and opening minds (which, I do on a local level). Wanting so hard to make a difference, I, being a nobody, have been depending on this moment to open doors for me and everyone around me.

Any advice?
matronmedusa is offline   Reply With Quote