Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Health / Alternative Medicine

Notices

Old 11-06-2008, 07:17 AM   #1
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

Default Huna - Ancient Hawaiian Magical Shamanism & Healing

Huna - Ancient Hawaiian Magical Shamanism & Healing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cAbHGZ6F8M

Huna - The Specialized Healer

Hawaii is the homeland of Huna. Huna in its Hawaiian accent means “secret” or hidden. Polynesian languages talk highly of Huna, the hidden power, the power of the soul, the spiritual nature of human beings and their role within the Universe. Polynesian territories consist of American Samoa, Cook Islands, French Polynesia, Niare, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, Wallis & Futura and Western Samoa. In Max Freedom Long’s exploration of Huna in early 20th century, he had colorfully described Huna as a “psycho-spiritual system”.

“Kupua” is another Hawaiian word, which means a specialized healer. “Shaman” the Siberian Tungusic word is a synonym to “Kupua”.

Huna is just not a healing method or a magic system. It is much, much more than that. In fact it is a way of life! It is more than most of the holistic systems. It weaves into your physical body, mental body, spiritual body, and, above all, universal body!

One of its principle assumptions that “the world is what you think it is” has psychological connotations as well. Napoleon Hill wrote, “Whatever the mind of a man can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve”. What is Reality? Reality is what you think it is – it need not correspond with actual reality. Everything stems from thinking. Change your thinking and you can change your attitude, your behavior, in short, your destiny! So, there is a congruence of ideas in the basic Huna assumption described and human psychology.

Dr. Deepak Chopra, in his wonderful and path breaking book “Ageless Body and Timeless Mind” states “…Although each person seems separate and independent, all of us are connected to patterns of intelligence that govern the whole Cosmos. Our bodies are part of an Universal body, our minds an aspect of an Universal mind…”

This is exactly what Huna is trying to teach us. Again he states, “…Each of us inhabits a reality lying beyond all change. Deep inside us, unknown to the five senses is an innermost core of being, a field of non-change that creates personality, ego, and, body. This being is our essential state - it is who we really are…” Again this is exactly the philosophy of Huna, which is in existence over centuries.

Huna principles were traditions kept as a secret, but today, it is no more a secret. Any one can practice Huna principles for total upliftment.

THE SEVEN PRINCIPLES OF HUNA

Huna was initially known as “Ho’omana”. The word “Mana” is nothing but life force energy. Synonyms: In Japanese “Ki”, In Chinese “Chi” and in that very old and colorful language Sanskrit “Prana”. Mana = Life Force Energy. “Ho’omana”, therefore, is empowerment through life force energy.

Seven Principles of Huna

The world is what you think it is: This is exactly what psychologists – the mind experts say. Change your thought, you can change your attitude, behavior and thereby destiny!

There are no limits: The three-dimensional body supported by the five senses is not real. If we go deep in to the matter and energy, it is possible for you to come to the genesis of Universe. In the space – time universe we live, there is a common source outside what we assume as reality. In effect there are not limits.

Energy flows where attention goes: Our body is composed of energy and intelligence. This vibrating energy and intelligence can be converted in to any other energy field according to your thought process.

Now is the moment of Power: Your deeds of yesterday are history; your dreams of tomorrow are not real – you do not know what it holds, but this very moment is very real and in front of you for you to use it most positively, wholesomely for your betterment.
To love is to be happy with: Love is happiness. Unhappiness springs from doubt, fear, anger etc – the base instincts. If these are obliterated from your mind, Love becomes deeper and stronger.

All power comes form within: You are the powerhouse. You have the capability to create and this creation manifests through your belief system, mores and codes, desires, expectations as well as fears. Your thinking channeled positively will have positive power.
Effectiveness is a measure of truth: What is effectiveness? When the thinking and the resultant attitude and behavior are appropriate to a given situation, it is considered effective; if it is not appropriate it is ineffective.

HUNA – ASSUMPTIONS

Huna, besides the basic assumptions of the seven principles, has also got different distinct sets of assumptions.

Four Selves:

Huna assumes that human thinking, attitudes, behavior and experience can be analyzed and verbalized – even transformed – through skilful interactions of the four selves. What are the four selves?

Kane, Aumakua: The Higher Self – This is the self that inspires you into action. Soul.

Lono: The Conscious Self – The Middle Self. This is the rational and reasoning self. Totally conscious, it has imagination and will and activates the conscious.

Ku: The Unconscious Self – The Lower Self. This is the self where the “Mana” the power that is used to create, is. It is activated by the 5 senses.

Kanola: The Core Self – This is the center of the Universe within oneself. Total confidence, total serenity and total peace is what Kanola is.

According to Kupua tradition there are 4 distinct platforms of experience of belief systems.

Objectivity: Everything is objective. This is a Scientific truth.

Subjectivity: Everything is subjective. This is a Psychic truth.

Symbolism: Everything is symbolic. This is a ‘Shamanic’ truth.

Holism: Everything is holistic. This is a Mystical truth.

The “Kupua” (Hawaiian Shaman) gets experience in moving in and out of these truths in order to establish a more effective experience.

Also a “Kupua” is trained in the awareness of all the 4 selves and harmonize our “Kane”, “Lono”, “Ku”, with “Kanola” so as to achieve, by this blending of the selves, an abundant flow of vitalized and vibrating energy into our day-to-day routine!

HUNA – HOW TO USE FOR YOUR BENEFIT

Cleansing:

Before proceeding further first and foremost forgive everyone who had harmed you before. Forgive yourself. Assert that you will not hurt anyone in the future.

Step 1:

Decide what you want to achieve. Stick to a single request.

Make a mental picture of the results you want to achieve.

Be positive. Don’t use words or sentences that have a negative connotation.

Your request should not hurt anyone’s sensibilities.

Fix the picture in your mind and encapsulate with a protective casing so that it will not be damaged or changed.

Step 2:

This is the meditation phase. Meditate for 5 to 15 minutes. Retire to a quiet and lonely place.

Sit comfortably.

Take a deep breath. After inhalation hold the breath for a few seconds and then exhale. Mentally say, “I am relaxing my entire body, mind and soul. When I relax this way, I go deeper faster.” Then mentally assert, “With every breath my energy levels increase copiously. My body is totally relaxed. I am focusing on deep breathing and increasing energy levels.”

Mentally feel the increasing energy levels.

Say to yourself, “I visualize very clearly what I want as previously sealed.”

“I am, asking my inner consciousness to send this picture to the higher consciousness.”

Mentally, “I thank you for fulfilling my desired want at the Higher Conscious Level and expect it will realize itself on the physical plane.”

Say mentally, “My prayer has been conveyed to the higher self. Let abundant energy from higher self inundate me. Let me wait for guidance from above.”

Step 3:

You have presented your mental picture to your higher self and await response.

Every day energize the sealed desire.

Step 4:

Go to your quiet place. Sit comfortably. Take a deep breath, hold it for some time and exhale very slowly. Say, “My entire body, mind and soul is totally relaxed. I am fully alert.”

Take another deep breath and let it out as before. Say to yourself, “ With these deep breaths, my energy levels are increasing and I am totally relaxed in my mind, body and soul.”

Take a few more deep breaths and feel your breathing become regular, smooth and controlled. Mentally focus on the increasing levels of energy.

Now whisper aloud very clearly, “I now transfer to the Higher Self a bountiful gift of energy so as to use it for bringing my request into reality on the tangible plane. I am one with the infinite riches of my inner self. It is my right to be rich, happy and successful. Money flows to me copiously, freely and endlessly. I am forever conscious of my true worth. I give my talents freely and I am wonderfully blessed financially. It is wonderful.”

THE “ALOHA” SPIRIT – THE ATTITUDE OF FRIENDLY ACCEPTANCE

In the language of Hawaii, “Oha” means “The Joyful” and “Alo” means “Sharing”. Also there is another meaning, viz., “ha” means “of life energy” and “alo” menas “in the present”. This sharing of energy is at the root of your becoming tuned in to the frequency of the “divine power”, called “mana” in Hawaii. Spontaneous sharing of this incredible power is the secret of achieving success, health, wealth, prosperity and happiness!

Bless everyone and everything that is related to what you want! That is all! Very simple but extremely effective.

When you bless, you are moving your own energy outward consciously allowing more power to pass through you. By blessing others, you are moving outside the circle of your own selfish motives. In effect, by blessing others you are helping yourself.

You may bless for appreciation, for admiration, for affirmation, for anticipation, or, for spiritual upliftment, for inner peace, for health, wealth, happiness, prosperity and success, or, for love, for friendship, or, for confidence.

In Hawaii, “Shamans” use a technique, which enriches your power to bless by enhancing your own personal energy. This simple technique is used for meditation and healing. The Hawaiians call this technique “Pikopiko”. Piko means both the crown of your head and the navel.

The Technique:

Concentrate on your breathing. Become aware of its natural rhythm.

Locate the crown of your head and your navel through mental awareness or through actual touch.

While inhaling, concentrate on the crown of your head and when exhaling concentrate on your navel. Do this kind of breathing exercise for as long as you endure, or time permits.

When you feel fully relaxed or totally energized start visualizing that you are surrounded by an electro magnetic field. Also feel that your breathing started increasing the energy of this electro magnetic field manifold.

Bless. When you bless visualize that the object of your blessing is also encapsulated by some of the energy that surrounds you.

By regularly practicing this, you are creating health, wealth, happiness, prosperity and success not only for others but also for your own self!

http://www.hunainfo.com/

>>>>>>
Ho'oponopono means to make right. Essentially, it means to make it right with the ancestors, or to make right with the people with whom you have relationships. We believe that the original purpose of Ho'oponopono was to correct the wrongs that had occurred in someone's life including Hala (to miss the thing aimed for, or to err, to disobey) and Hewa (to go overboard or to do something to excess) which were illusions, and even 'Ino (to do harm, implying to do harm to someone with hate in mind), even if accidental.

This description is by no means a complete training in how to do Ho'oponopono. While appropriate to do for yourself, for yours and others safety, it should not be done with someone else without training.

For example, let's say your five-year-old grandson punched another five-year-old intentionally with hate in mind. If asked, then the one who was punched would forgive the other immediately, because it is inappropriate for anyone to carry guilt any longer than they had to, if it were not necessary.

We call this the Hawaiian Code of Forgiveness, and it's an important thought, because when we forgive others, who are we forgiving? Ourselves, of course.

If you are familiar with Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP), there is a saying, "People are only doing the best they can with the resources they have available." If you've heard that before, it has to do with forgiveness. Think about it. As you do consider that you are included in "people."

In the Eastern traditions, too, there is a real tradition of being aligned with and cleaning up relations with the ancestors. In Japan, China, as well as the Hawaiian tradition, it is thought to be important to align and clean up any past problems that you've had in relationships, especially with relatives.

At the same time, perhaps there are family patterns you do not want. Certainly you have heard the saying, "We just don't do that in our family," or "That's the way it is in our family." What happens then, is that certain generational themes get passed along in families, like sadness or any number of different traits. Ho'oponopono will allow you to clean this up.

THEORY: We carry inside us as parts of the Unconscious Mind, all the significant people in our lives. (These parts of us often look very much like Carl Jung's archetypes.) Ho'oponopono makes it "all right" with them. The process of Ho'oponopono is to align with and clean up our genealogy as well as to clean up our relationships with other people in our lives.

The Process of Ho'oponopono:

Bring to mind anyone with whom you do not feel total alignment or support, etc.
In your mind's eye, construct a small stage below you

Imagine an infinite source of love and healing flowing from a source above the top of your head (from your Higher Self), and open up the top of your head, and let the source of love and healing flow down inside your body, fill up the body, and overflow out your heart to heal up the person on the stage. Be sure it is all right for you to heal the person and that they accept the healing.

When the healing is complete, have a discussion with the person and forgive them, and have them forgive you.

Next, let go of the person, and see them floating away. As they do, cut the aka cord that connects the two of you (if appropriate). If you are healing in a current primary relationship, then assimilate the person inside you.

Do this with every person in your life with whom you are incomplete, or not aligned.
The final test is, can you see the person or think of them without feeling any negative emotions. If you do feel negative emotions when you do, then do the process again.

http://www.huna.com/training_seminars_sample.aspx
http://www.google.com/search?client=...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
http://1800sunstar.com/zhawaiian-words-language.html

Last edited by Carol; 11-06-2008 at 07:35 AM.
Carol is offline   Reply With Quote