Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > News And Updates

Notices

Old 10-08-2008, 12:38 PM   #1
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

Default Why are Russia conducting a massive air exercise at the same time we are in wales?

I didn't mean 'WE' as in the pacifists in the heading,i meant the west.Aplogies as i cannot change the title!!

http://axisoflogic.com/artman/publis...le_28434.shtml
By News Bulletin. RIA Novosti
Oct 6, 2008, 21:57

MOSCOW, October 2 (RIA Novosti) - Russian strategic bombers will conduct training flights with full combat payloads and live fire all cruise missiles on board for the first time in over two decades, an Air Force spokesman said.

The live firing exercises in Russia's northern latitudes on October 6-12 are part of the Stability-2008 strategic maneuvers in various regions of Russia and Belarus with the goal of practicing strategic deployment of the Armed Forces, including the nuclear triad, to counter potential threats near the Russian border.

"During these exercises, for the first time in many years, the crews of Tu-160 Blackjack and Tu-95MS Bear-H strategic bombers will fly missions carrying the maximum combat payload and fire all the cruise missiles on board," Lt. Col. Vladimir Drik said.

Tu-95MS and Tu-160 aircraft can carry six and 12 Kh-55 (AS-15 Kent) long-range cruise missiles respectively.

Drik said that the scope of the exercises would be unprecedented and involve, apart from the Tu-160s and Tu-95s, the Tu-22M3 Backfire strategic bombers, air superiority fighters, interceptors and aerial tankers.

"The number and variety of aircraft involved in the drills shows the wide range of tasks that will be accomplished during the week-long exercise," the spokesman said.

Former Air Force commander, General of the Army Pyotr Deynekin, said Russian Tu-95 bombers had conducted live firing of all their cruise missiles only once before, in 1984.

"Tu-160 bombers have never done this because it is very expensive," the general said.

According to various sources, in addition to 16 Tu-160 bombers the Russian Air Force currently has 40 Tu-95MS bombers and 141 Tu-22M3 bombers in service.

http://en.rian.ru/russia/20081002/117389135.html

Last edited by Antaletriangle; 10-08-2008 at 12:40 PM.
Antaletriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 03:45 PM   #2
Steve_G

Default Re: Why are Russia conducting a massive air exercise at the same time we are in wales

They want to test their own weapons systems and show what strength they have, and the best time to do this is when NATO is doing the same. That way if either side makes an aggressive move the other has forces in the air already. The wording of the announcement also suggests that they are demonstrating how strong they are financially- we can afford this, it's no big deal.

It's a dick swinging contest on one level, on another I think they believe they're going to have a war sooner or later (pre-planned of course) so they might as well get a good look at each other first.
Old 10-15-2008, 02:00 AM   #3
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Why are Russia conducting a massive air exercise at the same time we are in wales

Or could this all be part of the preparations for a project bluebeam strategy? As Ronnie Reagan put it.
"... when you stop to think that we're all God's children, wherever we may live in the world, I couldn't help but say to him, just think how easy his task and mine might be in these meetings that we held if suddenly there was a threat to this world from some other species from another planet outside in the universe. We'd forget all the little local differences that we have between our countries and we would find out once and for all that we really are all human beings here on this earth together"

"In our obsession with antagonisms of the moment, we often forget how much unites all the members of humanity. Perhaps we need some outside, universal threat to make us recognize this common bond. I occasionally think how quickly our differences worldwide would vanish if we were facing an alien threat from outside this world"
Antaletriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 07:57 AM   #4
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Maybe they want to accidentally on purpose fire a few missiles into each other and start a war
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 09:03 AM   #5
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Putin: Hey NATO, my dick is bigger than yours!
NATO: Oh yeah?
Putin: Yeah. Women line up for days to be with me!

The funny thing is, I think Putin is the type who would say/do something like this. He seems to be positioning himself as a real-life James Bond figure with his Judo skills as well.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 02:44 PM   #6
nigel2285
Avalon Senior Member

i would not talk about putin like that he mite come over and kick your ass judo your ass!!!!!
nigel2285 is offline   Reply With Quote