Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > News And Updates

Notices

Old 07-17-2009, 12:25 PM   #1
NorthernSanctuary
Avalon Senior Member

Default Police Raid Private Barbecue birthday party

Riot police stormed a 30th birthday party for just 15 people and shut it down, thinking it was a rave because it was advertised on Facebook.

Four police cars, a riot van and a helicopter were involved in the swoop on Andrew Poole's gathering for his family and friends.

Police are scanning the internet. The NWO is a police state world wide.
http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article....&in_page_id=34

"
Facebook police raided my family barbecue
Thursday, July 16, 2009

Andrew Poole said it was for a family barbecue
Riot police stormed a 30th birthday party for just 15 people and shut it down, thinking it was a rave because it was advertised on Facebook.

Four police cars, a riot van and a helicopter were involved in the swoop on Andrew Poole's gathering for his family and friends.

He was just about to light the barbecue and had not even turned on the music when the gazebo suddenly started flapping wildly and the sound of chopper blades filled the air.

Related Articles
Latest news bulletin
Today's top news headlines
Tags
trousers
rave
poole
noise
helicopter
Eight officers wearing camouflage trousers and body armour jumped out and demanded that the 'rave' to be shut down.

Mr Poole said: 'We were nowhere near anyone. We weren't even playing any music. What effectively the police did was come in and stop 15 people eating burgers.'

Grilling within tent: The gazebo police said was intended to host a wild rave
The party was organised using the create an event facility on Facebook.

Mr Poole, a coach driver, said he invited 17 family and friends and two had not even arrived by the time the helicopter was whirring overhead.

Mr Poole said: 'All of a sudden there was this noise in the sky. The thing then hovered over us for about 25 minutes, watching 15 people eat. They told us to take down the sound system and said everybody's got to leave.

'It was 4pm and we hadn't even plugged the music in yet. We tried to reason with them but they were having none of it.'

Mr Poole said he spent £800 on food and a generator.

Yesterday, police insisted they were right to end the party. 'We were extremely concerned how the event had been advertised on the internet as an all-night party,' a spokesman said.
"
NorthernSanctuary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 12:54 PM   #2
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Default Re: Police Raid Private Barbecue birthday party

Hi NorthernSantuary,

I think this case is a good example of extreme gate crashing (there must be a reality show in there somewhere!)

I've gate crashed a few parties in my time as well!

Best regards,

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernSantuary View Post

Police are scanning the internet. The NWO is a police state world wide.
http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article....&in_page_id=34

"
Facebook police raided my family barbecue
Thursday, July 16, 2009

Andrew Poole said it was for a family barbecue

He was just about to light the barbecue and had not even turned on the music when the gazebo suddenly started flapping wildly and the sound of chopper blades filled the air.

Related Articles
Latest news bulletin
Today's top news headlines
Tags
trousers
rave
poole
noise
helicopter
Eight officers wearing camouflage trousers and body armour jumped out and demanded that the 'rave' to be shut down.

Mr Poole said: 'We were nowhere near anyone. We weren't even playing any music. What effectively the police did was come in and stop 15 people eating burgers.'

Grilling within tent: The gazebo police said was intended to host a wild rave
The party was organised using the create an event facility on Facebook.

Mr Poole, a coach driver, said he invited 17 family and friends and two had not even arrived by the time the helicopter was whirring overhead.

Mr Poole said: 'All of a sudden there was this noise in the sky. The thing then hovered over us for about 25 minutes, watching 15 people eat. They told us to take down the sound system and said everybody's got to leave.

'It was 4pm and we hadn't even plugged the music in yet. We tried to reason with them but they were having none of it.'

Mr Poole said he spent £800 on food and a generator.

Yesterday, police insisted they were right to end the party. 'We were extremely concerned how the event had been advertised on the internet as an all-night party,' a spokesman said.
"
Steve_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:54 PM   #3
TruthWillSetUFree
Avalon Senior Member

A similar thing happened to my 18 year old daughter.

She and her best friends boyfriend 'kidnapped' her for her 18th birthday.
She had a blindfold on and they put a shirt in her mouth. They were in the car clearly having fun as she was pulling it off and joking, then 6 police cars surrounded them and pulled them over.

Thank God none of them were tazed but after my daughter apologized and explained what they were doing she jokingly said well I guess you can handcuff me to make it more real to which the officer replied yes we should. my daughter just glared at him for such a stupid needless remark and he walked away.

The woman police was more understanding but she said yeah we can't do this kind of thing anymore she said it borders on disorderly conduct.

WTF is happening to this place?
TruthWillSetUFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 04:55 AM   #4
energymyfoot
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthWillSetUFree View Post
A similar thing happened to my 18 year old daughter.

She and her best friends boyfriend 'kidnapped' her for her 18th birthday.
She had a blindfold on and they put a shirt in her mouth. They were in the car clearly having fun as she was pulling it off and joking, then 6 police cars surrounded them and pulled them over.

Thank God none of them were tazed but after my daughter apologized and explained what they were doing she jokingly said well I guess you can handcuff me to make it more real to which the officer replied yes we should. my daughter just glared at him for such a stupid needless remark and he walked away.

The woman police was more understanding but she said yeah we can't do this kind of thing anymore she said it borders on disorderly conduct.

WTF is happening to this place?
you know I think the cops did the right thing...It was for the sake of your daughter...what IF she was really kidnapped? Cops are out there to save the innocent from *******s...Don't forget we are living in the year 2009 not the same as the good old days where everyone in the neighborhood knew everyone..

energymyfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 10:45 AM   #5
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Great to see the police doing something useful rather than catching criminals
Tossers
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 04:13 PM   #6
Tango
Avalon Senior Member

Isn't this Trooly Sad... Police, are trying sooo hard to show they are
working hard [to show their worth] that they've stooped sooo low
they are busting into family birthday parties.... Talk about feeling
like sfit... Worthless... Remember a time when one could get directions
from the police... They're now wasting money doing sfit WORK...

This is what happens when there are tooo many, officers....
What, they don't hang around 'donut shops' in full 'riot' gear ?

Sick society we have here, cattle prods, Bullies, murdering people
in a cell, at airports, cuffed. Now, its all about Revenue...

They got to "feel" REAL proud...

Tango

Last edited by Tango; 07-20-2009 at 12:15 AM.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 12:38 AM   #7
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Hmm. Perhaps Facebook should be avoided in the future for planning events.

Sigh.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote