Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > News And Updates

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2010, 05:08 AM   #1
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Turtle Island
Posts: 2,776
Post Strong quake hits eastern Turkey ~ 6.0

Strong quake hits eastern Turkey

36 mins ago

ANKARA (AFP) – A strong earthquake measuring 6.0 on the Richter scale shook eastern Turkey early Monday, media reports and officials said.

The quake struck at 04:32 am (0232 GMT) with an epicentre near the Karakocan town in Elazig province, the Istanbul-based Kandilli observatory said on its web site.

The Anatolia news agency quoted the governor of Elazig, Muammer Erol, as saying that they had so far received reports of a house damaged in a village.

Deadly earthquakes are frequent in Turkey, which is crossed by several active fault-lines. Two powerful tremors in the heavily populated northwest claimed about 20,000 lives in August and November 1999.

Source: http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/turkeyquake
peaceandlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:53 AM   #2
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Northeastern Brazil
Posts: 1,259
Default Re: Strong quake hits eastern Turkey ~ 6.0

Hi peaceandlove,

The latest about the quake may be seen at the following link: http://www.turkishweekly.net/news/99...rn-turkey.html

So far 41 people have been killed and more than 50 were wounded. These numbers should rise as the story folds out.

Best regards,

Steve



Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceandlove View Post
Strong quake hits eastern Turkey

36 mins ago

ANKARA (AFP) – A strong earthquake measuring 6.0 on the Richter scale shook eastern Turkey early Monday, media reports and officials said.

The quake struck at 04:32 am (0232 GMT) with an epicentre near the Karakocan town in Elazig province, the Istanbul-based Kandilli observatory said on its web site.

The Anatolia news agency quoted the governor of Elazig, Muammer Erol, as saying that they had so far received reports of a house damaged in a village.

Deadly earthquakes are frequent in Turkey, which is crossed by several active fault-lines. Two powerful tremors in the heavily populated northwest claimed about 20,000 lives in August and November 1999.

Source: http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/turkeyquake
Steve_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:11 AM   #3
Oliver
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Gaia
Posts: 893
Default Re: Strong quake hits eastern Turkey ~ 6.0

So suspicious...!

Just few days ago, Turkey has withdraw it`s ambassador in USA, because of Congress` claims against Turkey`s genocide against Armenians in 19 century.
This was a point where possibility for Turkey become a radical Islamic society is bigger than ever...And now - an earthquake! Hmmmmmm.....!

Greetings.
Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:46 AM   #4
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother
 
mudra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: belgium
Posts: 4,919
Default Re: Strong quake hits eastern Turkey ~ 6.0

According to EMSC the first earthquake was followed by others of lesser magnitude:

Earthquakes are frequent in Turkey, much of which lies on top of the North Anatolian fault

1) A magnitude 6.4 earthquake has occurred VANUATU at:
13.61S 167.20E Depth 200km 04/03/2010 at 14:02:30 (Universal Time)

Earthquake location with respect to nearby cities:
1301 km W Suva (pop 199455, local time 02:02 2010-03-05)
211 km N Luganville (pop 13397, local time 01:02 2010-03-05)
48 km NW Sola (pop 1171, local time 01:02 2010-03-05)


2) A magnitude 5.6 earthquake has occurred EASTERN TURKEY at:
38.82N 40.22E Depth 10km 08/03/2010 at 07:47:42 (Universal Time)

Earthquake location with respect to nearby cities:
87 km E Elazig (pop 298004, local time 09:47 2010-03-08)
22 km SE Karakoçan (pop 29735, local time 09:47 2010-03-08

3) A magnitude 4.8 earthquake has occurred EASTERN TURKEY at:
38.74N 40.13E Depth 15km 08/03/2010 at 09:00:50 (Universal Time)

Earthquake location with respect to nearby cities:
78 km E Elazig (pop 298004, local time 11:00 2010-03-08)
18 km E Palu (pop 11271, local time 11:00 2010-03-08)

Love Always
mudra

Last edited by mudra; 03-08-2010 at 10:49 AM.
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 11:34 AM   #5
AscendingStarseed
Avalon Senior Member
 
AscendingStarseed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Los Angeles, Ca
Posts: 355
Default Re: Strong quake hits eastern Turkey ~ 6.0

There was also a 6.0 quake in the Mariana Islands in the Pacific and a 5.9 in the East Pacific Rise today, along with several sizable aftershocks in Chile.
What's notable is the swarm of 6.0+ quakes over the last few weeks, is anyone keeping a log of quakes? Maybe we need to start a sticky on quakes now...

I've been observing earthquake magnitudes and taking mental notes for a couple of years now with an Earthquake gadget I set up on my homepage. In that time I've noticed a steady increase in frequency and intensity globally, especially around the Pacific ring of fire. Quakes are also happening in unusual places like Oklahoma and Chicago, it's like the earth appears to be gearing up for something.

Now humans may be generating some of these quakes, but IMO there's too much activity going on to attribute it to technological manipulation.
AscendingStarseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 11:50 AM   #6
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Northeastern Brazil
Posts: 1,259
Default Re: Strong quake hits eastern Turkey ~ 6.0

Hi AscendingStarseed,

I was talking to some people about this over the weekend. I have, as do some other people and indeed an earthquake dedicated website, come to the conclusion that the Earth is fragile because of the non stop drilling and removal of oil. It came to me very simply when I was explaining my theory as I was having a fizzy canned drink at the time. I explained it like this:

When the can is full and unopened, all the gas and liquid are trapped inside making the side of the can difficult to dent. Once the can is open and the gas fizzes out, the can is easy to dent, however there is still liquid in the can to, up to a certain point, resist against the can being dented, going back to its' original shape when lightly pressed. Once the gas and the liquid are removed from the can, one can press with ease and dent the can.

It's more or less, as I see it, that the Earth is behaving. In the good old days when people struck oil it came out of the ground with such force, under pressure. The drillers aren't replenishing or putting anything back into the Earth to keep balance. Basically they are creating to a certain extent a hollow Earth. The more they take out, as with the drinks can, the more fragile becomes the outside crust due to reduced pressure from the inside createdby the oil and natural pressure that sent the oil shooting up in the air in the first place.

Best regards,

Steve




Quote:
Originally Posted by AscendingStarseed View Post
Quakes are also happening in unusual places like Oklahoma and Chicago, it's like the earth appears to be gearing up for something.

Now humans may be generating some of these quakes, but IMO there's too much activity going on to attribute it to technological manipulation.
Steve_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 12:15 PM   #7
gita
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Plymouth, UK
Posts: 516
Default Re: Strong quake hits eastern Turkey ~ 6.0

Hi Steve A

I’m also guessing that all these years of bombing the Middle East may have also contributed in some ways. It seems that things are picking up momentum now.
gita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 12:21 PM   #8
gibonos
Avalon Senior Member
 
gibonos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 192
Default Re: Strong quake hits eastern Turkey ~ 6.0

there is a thread earth updates 2010
the premis is to put quakes that are =>6, this in turkey was 5,9 according to usgs.

The analogy with the can makes perfect sense to me, in fact couple a weeks ago I said similar thing to a guy at gym, I said what if oil is to the crust same as grease to the chain,
no lubricant things break down.

gibonos
gibonos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 12:37 PM   #9
gscraig
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 335
Default Re: Strong quake hits eastern Turkey ~ 6.0

Hello AscendingStarseed,

In response to your question...
Quote:
is anyone keeping a log of quakes? Maybe we need to start a sticky on quakes now...
Below is a link to the thread that is being utilized to record earthquakes that are either 6.0 or above in intensity or occurring in areas not known for earthquake activity. Along with other abnormal activity.
http://projectavalon.net/forum/showt...008#post245008

In regards to the sticky, someone on the thread requested it, but it has not happened. I guess they rather sticky something like a Thuban thread opposed to something based on facts, real time impact, and actually relates to Bill Ryan's Anglo-Saxon mission video of a possible geophysical event. (hint, hint)

I think Steve A's theory represents solidly some of the activity experienced over the years, but it does not account or add up in my opinion for major activity in areas (some in remote corners of the planet) where there is no drilling, no historically known oil in that area. Now, Geologist to this day truly don't know what oil is in relation to the Earth, so for all we know, it could a form of blood that we continue to suck from the planet.

gscraig
gscraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 01:41 PM   #10
AscendingStarseed
Avalon Senior Member
 
AscendingStarseed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Los Angeles, Ca
Posts: 355
Default Re: Strong quake hits eastern Turkey ~ 6.0

Steve your theory makes a lot of sense and may certainly have some effect. MHO I suspect it's of a galactic nature and wouldn't be surprised if the quakes are being caused by a planetary object like Nibiru/Planet X with it's gravitational pull on the earth. A couple of years ago I did quite a bit of research into the subject and wasn't able to debunk it.
AscendingStarseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 01:51 PM   #11
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Poland
Posts: 3,442
Default Re: Strong quake hits eastern Turkey ~ 6.0

Several weeks ago I read in a Polish newspaper about a large possibility of an earthquake in Turkey soon.....
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 01:55 PM   #12
pyrangello
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Northern Michigan
Posts: 412
Default Re: Strong quake hits eastern Turkey ~ 6.0

Steve, i remember on a channel message from St. Katherine last year(monthly newsletter) that she said we need to stop drilling for the very same reason you are bringing up here, nothing replacing it.

On the urbansurvival.com last week they showed 3 charts , one showing the COUNT of earthquakes 3.0 mag and greater world wide by month going down but the average richter mag of earthquakes greater than 3.0 worldwide are actually going up and the trend is showing an upswing in earthquakes. I would suspect that because of all of the aftershocks it is bringing the average down but this now looks like a weekly event for the next 2-3 years with the shift happening and many more higher mags creating hundreds of little aftershocks.

Tsunami's , coastlines, heavy drilling areas, mother earth is correcting and cleaning and it appears it's going to be a heck of a ride for the next 2-3 years. Just do some preps, stay positive and help when you can , we just need to pull our resources of thought and giving together for anything that comes our way whether it be a neighboring continent or your neighbor next door.
pyrangello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 02:21 PM   #13
777 The Great Work
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: At the doors of perception
Posts: 2,135
Default Re: Strong quake hits eastern Turkey ~ 6.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgundia View Post
Several weeks ago I read in a Polish newspaper about a large possibility of an earthquake in Turkey soon.....
Tur- Key is the Black Key ,or Phallus of Osiris,Lord Black Wood.
777 The Great Work is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 03:02 PM   #14
hollylindin
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 102
Default Re: Strong quake hits eastern Turkey ~ 6.0

http://www.bluestarprophecy.com/blog

About the fourth blog entry down, Miriam Delicado talks about a 7.5 happening in Costa Rica on the sixth. Has anyone else heard anything about this? I haven't seen/read any news coverage on this.

And the one in Taiwan just a few days ago? Yahoo! News covered it, but I didn't really see it anywhere else. Did you guys hear about this one as well?

<3
hollylindin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 03:54 PM   #15
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Northeastern Brazil
Posts: 1,259
Default Re: Strong quake hits eastern Turkey ~ 6.0

Hi hollylindin,

An hysterical Miriam Delicado needs to get her facts right before she spouts. There was indeed an earthquake in Costa Rica on 6th of March past of a magnitude of 4.3 : http://balita.ph/2010/03/07/minor-ea...al-costa-rica/

Check the links at the foot of the article for other earthquakes that have recently happened.

I'm suprised that Delicado didn't call this one before it happened as her site is one of "Prophecy".

The Taiwan earthquake happened 2 days before (once again she missed this one completely, but then I suppose she could be just a normal human being, just like you and me) on the 4th : http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...010.html?cat=9

I think it important to note that these earthquakes are common and the fact that they don't appear on News at Ten doesn't mean to say they don't happen, after all it would become a pretty boring news channel if it just covered earthquakes, even if they are the fashion of the news industry lately. The information about these quakes is out there in the 'alternative' news publications, it just needs to be found.

Best regards,

Steve




Quote:
Originally Posted by hollylindin View Post
http://www.bluestarprophecy.com/blog

About the fourth blog entry down, Miriam Delicado talks about a 7.5 happening in Costa Rica on the sixth. Has anyone else heard anything about this? I haven't seen/read any news coverage on this.

And the one in Taiwan just a few days ago? Yahoo! News covered it, but I didn't really see it anywhere else. Did you guys hear about this one as well?

<3
Steve_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 04:04 PM   #16
iainl140285
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Scotland
Posts: 974
Default Re: Strong quake hits eastern Turkey ~ 6.0

Sounds like you trust her 'abilities' as much as me

Remember - having a CLAIM to be prophetic makes you no more phycic than standing in a garage makes you a car

OR - wearing your pants over your trousers doesn't mean you can fly
iainl140285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 04:18 PM   #17
Harper
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Paris
Posts: 467
Default Re: Strong quake hits eastern Turkey ~ 6.0

I got a funky feeling from M.mmm Deli, the fist time I saw her but it was the photos of her car crash that was the clincher....who in the blazes gets their camera out, or some else for that matter, when someone is being cut out of a car...........with their legs in danger, of ever working again. Nice photo op. Rather like the one of mr. Deagle 'being followed', whilst having his photo taken by someone else.

Do they genuinely take us for drooling idiots?

Turkey is a tiger country -- as in year of...

Howdy steve, long time no whatever this is? PS notre dame is still there, carrefour has not moving in yet
Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 04:36 PM   #18
lawlessline
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 39
Default Re: Strong quake hits eastern Turkey ~ 6.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_A View Post
Hi AscendingStarseed,

I was talking to some people about this over the weekend. I have, as do some other people and indeed an earthquake dedicated website, come to the conclusion that the Earth is fragile because of the non stop drilling and removal of oil. It came to me very simply when I was explaining my theory as I was having a fizzy canned drink at the time. I explained it like this:

When the can is full and unopened, all the gas and liquid are trapped inside making the side of the can difficult to dent. Once the can is open and the gas fizzes out, the can is easy to dent, however there is still liquid in the can to, up to a certain point, resist against the can being dented, going back to its' original shape when lightly pressed. Once the gas and the liquid are removed from the can, one can press with ease and dent the can.

It's more or less, as I see it, that the Earth is behaving. In the good old days when people struck oil it came out of the ground with such force, under pressure. The drillers aren't replenishing or putting anything back into the Earth to keep balance. Basically they are creating to a certain extent a hollow Earth. The more they take out, as with the drinks can, the more fragile becomes the outside crust due to reduced pressure from the inside createdby the oil and natural pressure that sent the oil shooting up in the air in the first place.

Best regards,

Steve
Steve,

Like the idea just needs to be tweaked a bit. It is not the holes directly, although they have a lot to play in it. The main thing is the fact that before there was oil, now they have replaced it with water. They frce water into the wells to get the rest of the olil to float to the surface of the water and then they can clean the thing out. Ofcourse, the water will evapourate and it also means that for every liter of petrol you burn you are using 9 litres of water aswell.

When you have cracks on your hands, you apply oil or hand creme. If you were to put you hands in water the cracks would get worse. We have taken the lubricant out of the system and now the gears are starting to grind. So hand creme is the order of the day for all those holes.

best of luck with that one, not enough nivia to go around.

t
lawlessline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 04:45 PM   #19
hollylindin
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 102
Default Re: Strong quake hits eastern Turkey ~ 6.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_A View Post
I'm suprised that Delicado didn't call this one before it happened as her site is one of "Prophecy".
Actually, she kinda did. If you look two entries below the one about Costa Rica, she talks about feeling dizzy and outta whack and stuff. She predicts an earthquake will happen in Japan or northern California, but she still felt one was coming. (Of course, that's a pretty wide estimate. I could easily say I feel a tornado is coming, and as soon as it shows up somewhere, I could say I predicted it, right? :P)

I don't entirely believe everything she says. I believe in her MESSAGE; from what I've seen, she tends to be very positive and tries to inspire others, which I think is really important. But, yeah, I agree that the car accident photo thing was a little contrived - although perhaps if one is in that position (a whistleblower, so to speak, who has been called a liar or con artist or whatever.), one would try to prove everything whenever it happened to justify their stories, right?

That's something I've always loved about Project Camelot (and am sad to see it go so downhill lately with all the bickering and whatnot.) - that they never tried to PROVE anything. They just got the story out and let people discern for themselves (thereby letting people be independent-minded! ) what was the truth and what was disinfo. I think that's a fabulous way to conduct things!

Thanks, Steve, for putting up this information. Still, it's really crazy that, in the last month or so, we've been seeing so much earthquake activity, isn't it? Kerry mentioned a whistleblower a few months ago (she was either interviewing Rebecca Jernigan or was on Rebecca's show as a guest.) whose name I can't remember who said to her that he was quite sure NONE of our weather was "natural" anymore - just going to show how much manipulation and control has been put on Mother Nature. If that's so, whoever is causing these earthquakes (HAARP, etc.) surely has something out for so many of us. If not, maybe Mother Earth is really annoyed and wants us off her rock!

<3
hollylindin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Project Avalon