Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 02-11-2010, 05:41 PM   #1
hippihillbobbi
Avalon Senior Member

Default "New Scientist" article on the Holographic Universe

Have any of ya'll seen this yet?!? maybe it's actually old news,,but i didn't really think this idea so far had gained much credence in the "mainstream" scientific community. but hey ..... i admit, i don't exactly keep up with the scientific journals LOL though -- judging by the number of articles i read this morning from the "New Scientist," -- i guess i SHOULD BE!! N

http://www.newscientist.com/article/...-hologram.html

hippihillbobbi
hippihillbobbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 06:06 PM   #2
Mercuriel
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: "New Scientist" article on the Holographic Universe

Even Science is grasping at the Esoteric now. Alas - It is only natural as there is nowhere for Science left to go but the Nature of Reality and Matter...

That said - It is good to see that Science is finally coming around to where it should be.

That is - Asking questions no matter where It takes Them...

Last edited by Mercuriel; 02-11-2010 at 06:10 PM.
Mercuriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 06:07 PM   #3
truthseekerdan
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks! Good find...
truthseekerdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 05:20 PM   #4
lucrum
Avalon Senior Member

Science have been grasping in this direction for years as far as I know, but this field have been too hard to follow for most people and conventional science have been mocking this field a long time now.

I can remember several science magazines years back mentioning incredible stuff down the same road as this one, but those magazines is where the show stops. Almost like the tabloids of science, so to speak.
Unless you read those magazines with an open mind, it just ends up in the shelf or in the bin and forgotten about.

Totally worth watching out for though!
lucrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 06:31 PM   #5
hippihillbobbi
Avalon Senior Member

Lucrum --

are you somewhat pessimistic in so far as "mainstream science" since this is a popular magazine instead of a "professional" journal with juried articles? cause i can see what you mean. but, the more exposure these ideas get the better, don't you think? even if it's just exposure to us "dummies!!"

hippihill
Old 02-12-2010, 09:50 PM   #6
Fredkc
Project Avalon Member

Me takes this opportunity to include an article from 1991:

The Universe as a Hologram

In 1982 a remarkable event took place. At the University of Paris a research team led by physicist Alain Aspect performed what may turn out to be one of the most important experiments of the 20th century. You did not hear about it on the evening news. In fact, unless you are in the habit of reading scientific journals you probably have never even heard Aspect's name, though there are some who believe his discovery may change the face of science.

Aspect and his team discovered that under certain circumstances subatomic particles such as electrons are able to instantaneously communicate with each other regardless of the distance separating them. It doesn't matter whether they are 10 feet or 10 billion miles apart.

Somehow each particle always seems to know what the other is doing. The problem with this feat is that it violates Einstein's long-held tenet that no communication can travel faster than the speed of light. Since traveling faster than the speed of light is tantamount to breaking the time barrier, this daunting prospect has caused some physicists to try to come up with elaborate ways to explain away Aspect's findings. But it has inspired others to offer even more radical explanations.

University of London physicist David Bohm, for example, believes Aspect's findings imply that objective reality does not exist, that despite its apparent solidity the universe is at heart a phantasm, a gigantic and splendidly detailed hologram.

To understand why Bohm makes this startling assertion, one must first understand a little about holograms. A hologram is a three- dimensional photograph made with the aid of a laser.

The rest at:
http://fredsitelive.com/reference/hologram.htm

Fred

Evil cannot be killed. Only redeemed.

Chat us up at: Avalon Chat

Last edited by Fredkc; 02-12-2010 at 10:14 PM.
Fredkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:08 PM   #7
Gareth
Project Avalon Administrator

This goes along with what the ET's have been saying in their channelling's for many decades now...that 3rd Density is an illusion, albeit carefully constructed, by 6th Density entities and maintained by 4th and 5th Density entities.

There are many references to this illusion and all say very much the same thing.

It just could be that man has now found the "barrier" using physics that was always there, but could never find.

G
Gareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:20 PM   #8
Fredkc
Project Avalon Member

Good point, G.

And note that this is not the usual idea of "solipsism" which goes along the lines that none of "this" exists, except as a projection of "our" self, or that only our self exists; but more along the lines that yes, this is an illusion, but more like a "collective agreement" of all the inhabitants.

Evil cannot be killed. Only redeemed.

Chat us up at: Avalon Chat
Fredkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 11:21 AM   #9
lucrum
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippihillbobbi View Post
Lucrum --

are you somewhat pessimistic in so far as "mainstream science" since this is a popular magazine instead of a "professional" journal with juried articles? cause i can see what you mean. but, the more exposure these ideas get the better, don't you think? even if it's just exposure to us "dummies!!"

hippihill
You might be right about the growing pessimism, as I'm starting to get somewhat fed up with all the idiots posing as researchers, scientists and so-called experts.

Not a single day goes by without someone claiming their research have shown that I must do this or that...or else I will get sick, poor, fat, skinny...you name it.

But by all means, exposure is good as long as it reaches those that aren't already outside the box. We need those still restricted by the box to also know that there are something outside of it too!
lucrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 01:23 PM   #10
Majorion
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredkc View Post
but more like a "collective agreement" of all the inhabitants.
Also known as "consensus reality"
Majorion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 02:54 PM   #11
hippihillbobbi
Avalon Senior Member

"University of London physicist David Bohm, for example, believes Aspect's findings imply that objective reality does not exist, that despite its apparent solidity the universe is at heart a phantasm, a gigantic and splendidly detailed hologram."

"This goes along with what the ET's have been saying in their channelling's for many decades now...that 3rd Density is an illusion, albeit carefully constructed, by 6th Density entities and maintained by 4th and 5th Density entities.

"There are many references to this illusion and all say very much the same thing."

Fred and Gareth -- all this also mirrors what the Buddha taught. "All is Illusion."

doncha LOVE IT when things come together like this?!?!

hippihill
Old 02-14-2010, 04:28 PM   #12
hippihillbobbi
Avalon Senior Member

Cool Re: "New Scientist" article on the Holographic Universe

"But the most mind-boggling aspect of Pribram's holographic model of the brain is what happens when it is put together with Bohm's theory. For if the concreteness of the world is but a secondary reality and what is "there" is actually a holographic blur of frequencies, and if the brain is also a hologram and only selects some of the frequencies out of this blur and mathematically transforms them into sensory perceptions, what becomes of objective reality?

"Put quite simply, it ceases to exist. As the religions of the East have long upheld, the material world is Maya, an illusion, and although we may think we are physical beings moving through a physical world, this too is an illusion.

"We are really "receivers" floating through a kaleidoscopic sea of frequency, and what we extract from this sea and transmogrify into physical reality is but one channel from many extracted out of the superhologram.

"This striking new picture of reality, the synthesis of Bohm and Pribram's views, has come to be called the holographic paradigm, and although many scientists have greeted it with skepticism, it has galvanized others. A small but growing group of researchers believe it may be the most accurate model of reality science has arrived at thus far. More than that, some believe it may solve some mysteries that have never before been explainable by science and even establish the paranormal as a part of nature.

"Numerous researchers, including Bohm and Pribram, have noted that many para-psychological phenomena become much more understandable in terms of the holographic paradigm.

"In a universe in which individual brains are actually indivisible portions of the greater hologram and everything is infinitely interconnected, telepathy may merely be the accessing of the holographic level."
[I][/I

More cool parts from the article Fred quoted originally ...... sounds like consensus is at least starting to grow around this idea! YEA!!!

hippihill
Old 02-14-2010, 04:40 PM   #13
Mercuriel
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredkc View Post
Yes, this is an illusion, but more like a "collective agreement" of all the inhabitants.
It is termed by other more advanced Species than Ours (Such as Hyperversals and Transversals) as an LOM.

An LOM (Level of Manifestation) is a Collective Reality - Agreed upon by It's Inhabitants...

You're All doing so well. Keep up the Good Work...

Mercuriel is offline   Reply With Quote