Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 02:38 PM   #1
Sunshine
Banned

Default question

been reading the forum...a lot.

i have a question. please don't be offended...but i don't understand.

why is it that 'jennyg' (who is - AT BEST - suicidal because she isn't getting what SHE WANTS for herSELF in terms of care for the mystery disease that affects herSELF......and - AT WORST - a fraud) getting love poems and songs (64 at the time of this question)...

but...

the haitians (who are literally piling up the dead bodies of their friends and families at this hour) getting no love but only a talk-talk about haarp, conspiracy theories and predictions that came true?

delete this..ban me...flame me...i don't care...only compelled to ask because i can't reconcile the attitudes.

i will leave peacefully now....

Last edited by Sunshine; 01-13-2010 at 02:43 PM.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:00 PM   #2
feardia
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: question

The people at avalon are all so nice that anyone with a story will get a sympathetic hearing, and plenty of love and light. I'm sure jennyG is getting exactly what she wants, otherwise she wouldn't be here.

If she was on GLP they'd be telling her to jump, and make a video of it.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:26 PM   #3
Shairia
Avalon Senior Member

Sunshine,

It might be better for you to start a topic on the tragedy and ask for assistance from forum members than to let yourself get caught up in blaming them for not giving their attention to the plight of those who are dealing with the devestation. I know I have been following all the news stories I can find.

Isn't there enough blame and negativity floating around these days?

S.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:32 PM   #4
illuminate
Avalon Senior Member

I LOVE YOU, the Haitians, JennyG and everything that breathes.
there is PLENTY of Love to go around.

Heart-filled Blessings and Love to all in Haiti

~ one love ~
Old 01-13-2010, 03:44 PM   #5
futureyes
Avalon Senior Member

service to others ... in any capacity ... raises the vibration within this world ... it is hard to imagine ... but it is true ... it is how energy works ... love amplifies ...

healing energy to jennyg ... is healing energy to this world as well ... it ripples and flows to exactly where it needs to go ...

love and healing to the haitians at this time ...

Old 01-13-2010, 03:44 PM   #6
Jnana
Avalon Senior Member

Doctors Without Borders is worthy of your support.

Quote:
The first reports are now emerging from MSF teams who were already working on medical projects Haiti and have treated hundreds of people injured in the quake. "The situation is chaotic," said one senior staff. "I visited five medical centers, including a major hospital, and most of them were not functioning."
(MSF is Médecins Sans Frontières = Doctors Without Borders)

The International Red Cross is also responding:

http://www.lloyds.com/dj/DowJonesArticle.aspx?id=447458

Some other ideas on how to help here:

Help (and hear) Haiti - Mother Jones
Old 01-13-2010, 03:54 PM   #7
Sunshine
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shairia View Post
Sunshine,

It might be better for you to start a topic on the tragedy and ask for assistance from forum members than to let yourself get caught up in blaming them for not giving their attention to the plight of those who are dealing with the devestation. I know I have been following all the news stories I can find.

Isn't there enough blame and negativity floating around these days?

S.
not blaming anyone...everyone's free to do and say what they want...focus their attentions wherever they like. nor is it negative - it is merely observation.

it was just a question because i don't understand...

sad story here that seems selfish....mass amounts of LOVE.

catastrophic tragedy there, innocent people dead, living people grieving...no LOVE.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:26 PM   #8
illuminate
Avalon Senior Member

I do see your point and just as a fyi...
Samarkis did post this:

http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...postcount=3166

~ one love ~
Old 01-13-2010, 04:30 PM   #9
Sunshine
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by illuminate View Post
I do see your point and just as a fyi...
Samarkis did post this:

http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...postcount=3166

~ one love ~
yeah...there were a couple loving posts for the haitians after i started this thread...they're nice.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:48 PM   #10
feardia
Avalon Senior Member

I think this video offers an explanation for jennyg's problem and the haitian earthquake, I hope things work out well for all concerned...
Old 01-13-2010, 04:53 PM   #11
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Sunshine thank you for asking .
Heart can't help but Love and be wherever it is needed .
I sadly heard of the Haiti quake while reading your post.
I then noticed someone in Avalon opened a thread about it.
Be assured we all care.
There is not one moment our Heart should'nt be open.

Love from me
mudra
Old 01-13-2010, 04:59 PM   #12
lightblue
Avalon Senior Member

a cry for help is a positive piece of attention seeking..hardly ever indicative of a true suicidal intent. suicides don't oparate that way...hope she feels better for getting this much attention, though this is also a good example to think about one's ego..this is how i understood sunshine's remark..best of luck to jennyG
Old 01-13-2010, 06:15 PM   #13
Malletzky
Avalon Senior Member

Sunshine, if you would only knew...but obviously, you don't know...

This is all I can tell you...nothing more.
Old 01-13-2010, 06:49 PM   #14
cantaloupe
Avalon Senior Member

Try to live up to your name.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:01 PM   #15
lightblue
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

with due respect, you didn't say anything that anyone can understand..

best wishes
Old 01-13-2010, 07:07 PM   #16
Malletzky
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightblue View Post

best wishes
sorry if anyone don't understand...no need to...the only one who should understand is...ME. And I understand. That's enough.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:11 PM   #17
Malletzky
Avalon Senior Member

...so please, we shouldn't waste our energy here on this thread...it's useles...those people in Haiti, they need us now with our full power...
Old 01-13-2010, 07:25 PM   #18
Frank Samuel
Project Avalon Moderator

My step sister marry a Haitian lawyer , who for a while was the secretary of agriculture in Haiti. They have 3 lovely children which came out the color of cafe con leche. Haiti can be describe as the forgotten land, I often wonder why. Is it because of the strong voodoo influences within Haitian culture. I do not think that the earthquake is a natural occurrence. Haiti is perhaps the poorest country in this hemisphere, is hard to imagine what this country is going through at this time.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:57 PM   #19
Shaynard
Avalon Senior Member

I personally just missed the thread here, but I have been sending all of my heart to the people who are hurting all over the world for whatever reason, as well as another forums thread about this tragedy.

Not disagreeing or disputing anything regarding the OP, just "letting you know" it was not an oversight caused by anything besides missing the forum to send them light in a post through.

So I will say it now.. My heart burns ever bright for the haitians who's lives have been brought to pain by this unfortunate event.

In light, of love
Shaynard
Old 01-14-2010, 01:10 AM   #20
Shairia
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
not blaming anyone...everyone's free to do and say what they want...focus their attentions wherever they like. nor is it negative - it is merely observation.

it was just a question because i don't understand...

catastrophic tragedy there, innocent people dead, living people grieving...no LOVE.
I reread my post and I did not like the way my words came out. I never meant to imply you were blaming anyone. I think the past few weeks on the forum have affected me and it came out all wrong.
Old 01-14-2010, 03:20 AM   #21
PilotSimone
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

Finger-wagging on your first post to the forum? That's never a bad sign!
Old 01-14-2010, 04:24 AM   #22
Northern Boy
Avalon Senior Member

so what do we do about the Haitians then sunshine yes it is terrible what has happened to them . It is not our fault it happened what should happen now is that the people need to get out of the hardest hit areas . Where do they go ? We send several ships to go out and destroy countries and cities but only one ship to help out in tragedities like this . They should get everyone on board a ship and out of the way so that rescue efforts can begin there should be several military hospital ships sent to the area to look after the injured . What will they do ? Erect tent cities and let the suffering continue doleing out medical treatment and food as neccessary with no running water and washrooms being the wilderness disease will have its chance to fester.

No one here is jumping for joy that this has happened some here are going thru there own problems trying to get lives back on track . If I had the money I`d go help but I don`t and there for I can`t that doesn`t meen I or anyone else here doesn`t care or wish we could help . All I can say is that this won`t be the last time this happens and am sure with all the recent sesmic activity we can expect more of this
Old 01-14-2010, 04:30 AM   #23
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

best wishes
Are you sure about that? You dont speak for me, sorry.

A..
Old 01-14-2010, 04:37 AM   #24
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Sunshine aka The Brightest Light and others has been banned.

A..
Old 01-14-2010, 05:11 AM   #25
raulduke
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
a cry for help is a positive piece of attention seeking..hardly ever indicative of a true suicidal intent. suicides don't oparate that way...hope she feels better for getting this much attention, though this is also a good example to think about one's ego..this is how i understood sunshine's remark..best of luck to jennyG
Hmmm, I read Sunshine's post differently. It seems to me more of a comment on the Avalon members as a whole, rather than just JennyG.

Quote:
been reading the forum...a lot.
If that's true and you are an adept observer, I can only assume that you are simply here to stir something smelly.

Quote:
delete this..ban me...flame me..
I choose.... wild card......school you:

These are two completely different situations, and to equate their importance to the membership of Avalon via post #s is utterly ridiculous.

Even using that flawed logic, you conveniently overlook several factors that would counter your point. First, JennyG's original post has been here for going on six days now, the earthquake occured about 36 hours ago. Second, a member's intent is what it is, regardless of their posting some verbal form. I can't do much, I feel absolutley awful watching the video coming out of Haiti, I'm not wealthy by any means but i donated 10$ to Wyclef Jean's website today, and this is the only place I've mentioned anything at pa about that situation. In JennyG's case, she is in direct contact with people here and as such our words here potentially have an exponentially greater affect, if strangely somehow there were survivors here just asking for comforting words, I'm 1000% sure there would be plenty of pages to satisfy even you Sunshine. It's just a matter of logistics really, let's not delude ourselves into thinking just saying stuff, especially without the real intent behind it, will have much if any affect.

Sunshine, to simplify I think the criteria you use to judge us is very superficial. I suppose I could have done better to simplify all this rambling but Malletzky had the simple approach well covered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malletzky View Post

Edit: Aww banned while I wrote my post, bummer, was hoping to have a bit of debate. i'm always interested in dissecting foreign logic.

Last edited by raulduke; 01-14-2010 at 05:17 AM.
Closed Thread