Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 12-12-2009, 08:09 AM   #1
Kosams
Avalon Senior Member

Default Paid Subscription Expiry Notice

I just received a reminder so I expect someone has forgotten to turn off the "reminder button".

Cheers
Jim
Kosams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 08:39 AM   #2
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

Default Re: Paid Subscription Expiry Notice

I've passed your message on to the administrator Gareth.
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 07:14 PM   #3
Gareth
Project Avalon Administrator

Exclamation Re: Paid Subscription Expiry Notice

I have disabled the recurring subscription in the forum.

Hopefully this will stop any future recurring payments being charged by PayPal against your respective credit cards.

However, I must stress that this process, although initiated by your subscription through this forum, is a transaction between you and PayPal that we have no control over. Usually those transactions will occur until the end of your subscription period, whatever that may be.

If you are in any doubt regarding the subscription I strongly suggest you contact PayPal to ensure that future payments no longer occur if that is your desire.

Regards
G

Last edited by Gareth; 12-13-2009 at 07:18 PM.
Gareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 11:20 PM   #4
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

bump
Old 12-14-2009, 12:17 PM   #5
Kosams
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth View Post
I have disabled the recurring subscription in the forum.

Hopefully this will stop any future recurring payments being charged by PayPal against your respective credit cards.

However, I must stress that this process, although initiated by your subscription through this forum, is a transaction between you and PayPal that we have no control over. Usually those transactions will occur until the end of your subscription period, whatever that may be.

If you are in any doubt regarding the subscription I strongly suggest you contact PayPal to ensure that future payments no longer occur if that is your desire.

Regards
G
Thank you. Just got the Pay Pal notice...just hope the missus doesn't read this thread.
Kosams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 12:13 AM   #6
Ara
Avalon Senior Member

PAYPAL says that payments can be refused by the recipient, is that what happens when you disabled recurring subscriptions?
I canceled my subscription after I received a notice saying my payment had gone through today, however if the receiving end is disabled the payment should bounce back, Yes?

Regards, Ara
Ara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 12:20 AM   #7
Gareth
Project Avalon Administrator

Post Re: Paid Subscription Expiry Notice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ara View Post
PAYPAL says that payments can be refused by the recipient, is that what happens when you disabled recurring subscriptions?
I canceled my subscription after I received a notice saying my payment had gone through today, however if the receiving end is disabled the payment should bounce back, Yes?

Regards, Ara
No!

You must cancel with PayPal.

Disabling, as I have already done, only stops new payments, not old ones recurring.

G
Gareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 03:17 AM   #8
Ara
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth View Post
No!

You must cancel with PayPal.

Disabling, as I have already done, only stops new payments, not old ones recurring.

G
Hi Gareth, ok.. Timing was impeccable as I planned on canceling it this morning when I came online, only to receive an email informing a payment had been made. I couldn't believe the timing. So Paypal paid my subscription before I was able to stop payment, what now?

Thanks for your help.

Regards, Ara
Old 12-17-2009, 03:27 AM   #9
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
What now?
Bill and Kerry send you a thankyou letter for your donation.

PAYPAL does not make this easy! The subscription management is buried in paypal.

You need to go to the paypal entry when you last paid and follow the links back to the subscription and cancel it there.

Gareth posted an announcement to everyone about this.

Everyone who made donations by subscription need to fix the paypal subscriptions themselves. Everyone who wants to stop donating to Project Avalon because the forum is now free MUST do this or Paypal will still keep sending the donation.

A..
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 03:47 AM   #10
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

Quote:
Hi Gareth, ok.. Timing was impeccable as I planned on canceling it this morning when I came online, only to receive an email informing a payment had been made. I couldn't believe the timing. So Paypal paid my subscription before I was able to stop payment, what now?

Thanks for your help.

Regards, Ara

Well, do you really mind donating one more time?
If you want a refund you'll have to go to Kerry.
See the Contact info at http://projectcamelot.org

Put REFUND in the subject line
Write again if you don't get a reply
she is usually swamped with email

OK, I'll look it up Kerry and Bill

Last edited by Karen; 12-17-2009 at 03:56 AM.
Old 12-17-2009, 02:02 PM   #11
tone3jaguar
Avalon Senior Member

My paypal just sent the subscription money in today. I contacted paypal to get them to cancel the transaction and they told me that only the recipient can do this. Therefore, I contacted Kerry through the support@projectavalon.org email adress that is tied to the subscription through paypal. I asked her to cancel the payment which is still pending until the 22nd of December, where as now it is the 17th of December.

Now that I have investigated further I have discovered that if you had a paid subscription to avalon through paypal then your paypal account will only stop sending the payment if you go in and cancel the subscription yourself manually.

To do this I had to go to the History tab in paypal, then over on the top right of the history spread sheet there is a tab labled "More filters". There you will find a drop down menu that has subscriptions as one of the options. From there you just choose the subscription you wish to view and then you cancel it.
tone3jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:07 PM   #12
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tone3jaguar View Post
My paypal just sent the subscription money in today. I contacted paypal to get them to cancel the transaction and they told me that only the recipient can do this. Therefore, I contacted Kerry through the support@projectavalon.org email adress that is tied to the subscription through paypal. I asked her to cancel the payment which is still pending until the 22nd of December, where as now it is the 17th of December.

Now that I have investigated further I have discovered that if you had a paid subscription to avalon through paypal then your paypal account will only stop sending the payment if you go in and cancel the subscription yourself manually.

To do this I had to go to the History tab in paypal, then over on the top right of the history spread sheet there is a tab labled "More filters". There you will find a drop down menu that has subscriptions as one of the options. From there you just choose the subscription you wish to view and then you cancel it.
Wow, Tone, what a team player you are for patiently typing "how to"!!

Thank you.
Seashore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 10:12 PM   #13
Ara
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen View Post
Well, do you really mind donating one more time?
If you want a refund you'll have to go to Kerry.
See the Contact info at http://projectcamelot.org

Put REFUND in the subject line
Write again if you don't get a reply
she is usually swamped with email

OK, I'll look it up Kerry and Bill
No Linda I don't mind donating one more time

Anchor, thank you, I did cancel the payment, albeit after the payment went through. If I'd canceled the payment an hour earlier the payment wouldn't have been processed, timing! Such is Life! LOL

tone3jaguar Thank you.

regards, Ara

Last edited by Ara; 12-17-2009 at 10:18 PM.