Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 03-13-2010, 10:33 PM   #301
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Questions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOK View Post
[COLOR=plum]LOR]

[B][I][COLOR=#dda0dd]
I wonder...susan...would you like to have your emails posted on the board for all to see..or at the very least, one that should not have access to such information?

You don't even allow messages on your profile page..so I'm sure you would not post all of your pm's to be read by others. And that is the point...not some silly suggestion that "iF everyone dealt in truth...
they would NOT need to worry,
or, even be concerned,"

please spare us
http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/member.php?u=8
is quite postable - there is NOTHING that prevents a member
from posting to my profile ?

also, we have NEVER written anyone anything
-that we would have any reason,
to be embarrassed/or, feel any shame for writing it
should it be discovered, and, posted publically

wouldn't it be great if everyone,
lived like that

instead of living shallow !!!

if we have something to say to another - we just say it

or, keep silent ~ silence is the greatest weapon of all

besides, is there anything that really is private in this world ???

VERY likely

NOT ?
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 10:48 PM   #302
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE eXchanger View Post
http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/member.php?u=8
is quite postable - there is NOTHING that prevents a member
from posting to my profile ?

also, we have NEVER written anyone anything
-that we would have any reason,
to be embarrassed/or, feel any shame for writing it
should it be discovered, and, posted publically

wouldn't it be great if everyone,
lived like that

instead of living shallow !!!

if we have something to say to another - we just say it

or, keep silent ~ silence is the greatest weapon of all

besides, is there anything that really is private in this world ???

VERY likely

NOT ?
I'm sure, somewhere there is something you would like to keep private, that you have written...if not, then I think one of, or perhaps several of your aspects should be put up for Sainthood

However...this means nothing when it comes to the "rights" of "privacy"...which is in question...so take the harp, and give it a break...take your aspects out for lunch or something..they deserve it for all the "open truth" they seem to be sharing...and not one secret unrevealed...hmmm That deserves a gold medal as well

Last edited by BROOK; 03-13-2010 at 11:13 PM.
BROOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 12:57 AM   #303
Nebula9D
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Shorz View Post
I have been stuck in the vortex for years every time I try to run from the path laid before me I "mist"eriously end back up on the one I tried to leave.

People I have walked away from several times keep reappearing down the road...

There has been something drawing us all together and I'm almost positive running away will end up bringing everyone back to the center through destiny...

Very true indeed. I say embrace your path, whichever way it takes you; good or bad. All lessons learned, wisdom gained, greater understanding gained, still your destiny awaits.
Nebula9D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 02:45 AM   #304
SteveX
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
I can't speak for Lionhawk...but if it was my account that were hacked, and my PM's had any sensitive information in them....then suppose telling that person not to use PM's any more, and only use a "new" email address...one set up spicifically for the purpose of communication.

That is only one scenario...I can imagine many others here....go ahead and give it a try..see what you can imagine...and then think about "compromise"....

I'm sorry Brook but I just don't get what you are trying to say. It's all quite vague with regard my questions.

who has compromised what…. and for what reason.
SteveX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 05:16 AM   #305
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveX View Post
I'm sorry Brook but I just don't get what you are trying to say. It's all quite vague with regard my questions.

who has compromised what…. and for what reason.
As I stated, I cannot speak for Lionhawk. But compromise can come in many shapes and sizes....all one needs to do is use their imagination.
Vague...yes...I agree..but certainly compromised.
Old 03-14-2010, 05:26 AM   #306
ellie
Avalon Senior Member

A negative last minute dash to procure some poor innocent souls are being made here hoping to led them to slaughter.

I have made a little list I think of the members that will be invited to the yards....................

Let's see if I am right mmmmmh.
ellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 12:29 PM   #307
SteveX
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
As I stated, I cannot speak for Lionhawk. But compromise can come in many shapes and sizes....all one needs to do is use their imagination.
Vague...yes...I agree..but certainly compromised.
I understand your not speaking for Lionheart. If he doesn’t want to contribute then that’s his prerogative. As to there being a compromise …yer! well maybe. As for using the imagination on a forum with conspiracy theorists…. that’s just asking for trouble lol.
The Kerry & Bill split I see as being a difference of opinion and the Thuban crisis the catalyst for their separation. The way the Thuban crisis was handled is, to some degree, the cause in the split of the moderators and the reasons behind Abrax being banned compounded this. Neither did it help the members of this forum in search of honesty and clarity. Most of the people in the Mist are related to the Thuban group in one form or another. Mods accusing mods that intern Mist mods. It’s a bit too jumpy or dictatorial.

The compromise, if any, seems to come from within. Guilt by association seems to be the order of the day in what appears to be the unfolding of a scapegoat in the Bill & Kerry split.
SteveX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 02:12 PM   #308
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveX View Post
I understand your not speaking for Lionheart. If he doesn’t want to contribute then that’s his prerogative. As to there being a compromise …yer! well maybe. As for using the imagination on a forum with conspiracy theorists…. that’s just asking for trouble lol.
The Kerry & Bill split I see as being a difference of opinion and the Thuban crisis the catalyst for their separation. The way the Thuban crisis was handled is, to some degree, the cause in the split of the moderators and the reasons behind Abrax being banned compounded this. Neither did it help the members of this forum in search of honesty and clarity. Most of the people in the Mist are related to the Thuban group in one form or another. Mods accusing mods that intern Mist mods. It’s a bit too jumpy or dictatorial.

The compromise, if any, seems to come from within. Guilt by association seems to be the order of the day in what appears to be the unfolding of a scapegoat in the Bill & Kerry split.
That's what I do around her...seems to be the thing I do best...get into trouble

Stevex....I am nothing more than a truth seeker.....and if that takes ruffling a few feathers...then so be it. Maybe after the dust settles we will see the turn of events an they have unfolded, and discover some truth in the process.

but never let it be said I did not voice my opinion..as we all must
Old 03-14-2010, 08:11 PM   #309
Gareth
Project Avalon Administrator

Post Re: Questions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by no caste View Post
Are PM's (private messages) between members read by any moderators and/or passed along to mods/administrators' friends,
in a kind of (either) gossip and/or internal research chain?
PM's are not read and in fact cannot be read except by the person sending them and the person receiving them.

Privacy is respected at all times.

In the case of members being deleted, all PM's that belong to them are removed along with the account automatically.

G
Gareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 08:20 PM   #310
mntruthseeker
Avalon Senior Member

I have to say that , Any person setting up a forum can read others PMs, I have seen it happened. My sister is a programmer and I know Anchor is one also, She says its possible, my old boss proved it was so.

Gareth, maybe you do not have the authority but thats not to say its not possible.

One thing that I am hearing is that LionHawk says that was done but I dont think that was the message..............I think he said the information was put out there / shared with others

That to me is pathetic and why would he lie ? He is way above that
mntruthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 08:26 PM   #311
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mntruthseeker View Post
I have to say that , Any person setting up a forum can read others PMs, I have seen it happened. My sister is a programmer and I know Anchor is one also, She says its possible, my old boss proved it was so.

Gareth, maybe you do not have the authority but thats not to say its not possible.

One thing that I am hearing is that LionHawk says that was done but I dont think that was the message..............I think he said the information was put out there / shared with others

That to me is pathetic and why would he lie ? He is way above that
I stand accussed ?

I can tell you that during my time as administrator there was no additional software installed on this site that would permit anyone to read private mails. Yes it is possible. It is not easy - it requires extra software to be installed (a vBulletin addin). Only administrators with actual host server access can do it.

If it was done that way no one would have known about it because it would not leave any logs nor evidence of anyone logging in. The thing that Brook observed may well have been someone trying to log in as Lionhawk and getting the error message. I dont know. The forum security is good. If everyone has a good password, thier accounts and private mails are safe.

AJ..
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 08:30 PM   #312
Rocky_Shorz
Avalon Senior Member

hey Anchor,

I was standing on the edge of the mist looking around for you with a flashlight, glad to see you found your way out again...
Rocky_Shorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 08:42 PM   #313
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Shorz View Post
hey Anchor,

I was standing on the edge of the mist looking around for you with a flashlight, glad to see you found your way out again...
Thanks - I could hear the shouting, but everytime I opened my mouth, no words would come out.

You have no idea how annoying it is to see people putting nice comments on your visitor page, but not being able to respond.

The only thing I could do (I tested everything ) was to send out friend requests

AJ..
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 08:45 PM   #314
lightblue
Avalon Senior Member

i didnt get it...

m
lightblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 08:51 PM   #315
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchor View Post
Thanks - I could hear the shouting, but everytime I opened my mouth, no words would come out.

You have no idea how annoying it is to see people putting nice comments on your visitor page, but not being able to respond.

The only thing I could do (I tested everything ) was to send out friend requests

AJ..
Do you at least know who put you in the mists?
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 08:54 PM   #316
777 The Great Work
Avalon Senior Member

Do you guys notice that phrases are being coined, and repeated into the ether?
777 The Great Work is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 09:02 PM   #317
Rocky_Shorz
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

AJ..
Well, I understand I was in the middle of a heated topic and someone hacked my computer and set internet explorer so I couldn't log back in...

Out with the old and in with the new...

I hopped back in through Firefox...

I knew you'd be back, that's why I was searching so hard...

I couldn't imagine Avalon without our Anchor...
Old 03-14-2010, 09:03 PM   #318
Rocky_Shorz
Avalon Senior Member

LMAO... wow right when I thought my system was clear it hung and double posted, well at least we know we are important enough to have them take the time to be annoying.

but we can overcome and will...

Last edited by Rocky_Shorz; 03-14-2010 at 09:27 PM.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:04 PM   #319
Harper
Avalon Senior Member

Hahahha, the jig is now up Anchor, as we would say in Ireland.....

So were you misty eyed in the mists? I know from experience that the frustration passes after about 6 months

But its a great experience all the same and a wonderful experiment in knowing how to relinquish control. Tis only yourself in the end of it all.

During the pay time everything stopped me from literally buying into the forum. If you can believe this, my bank card was recalled, lets put it that way and although I had money I now had to go into the bank and get it out, I could write cheques but no one takes them anymore. 2 emails to the forum asking how I could send a bank draft etc...and I had offered to pay for a year for someone else who couldnt afford it...went unanswered....hehehehehe

So those sorts of signals should be listened to, madness really and I thank the trix dept for stopping me, it was the best thing that could have happened hehehe

Just writing it all out still astonishes me but money is energy I guess and I wasnt supposed to give money here...

Probably total tomfoolery hypocrasy as now I cant stop, I have learned most days to hold my typing longer before I react. So theres a mad evolution in a short time--- take it easy everyone, hope you are smiling wherever you are.
Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 09:08 PM   #320
Harper
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 The Great Work View Post
Do you guys notice that phrases are being coined, and repeated into the ether?
What meaning 7?
Old 03-14-2010, 09:31 PM   #321
777 The Great Work
Avalon Senior Member

Everything is perfect
]

Last edited by 777 The Great Work; 03-14-2010 at 09:37 PM.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:45 PM   #322
Harper
Avalon Senior Member

what ever you do stay AWAY from the mist !!!

O M G hehehehehe
Old 03-14-2010, 09:54 PM   #323
777 The Great Work
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harper View Post
what ever you do stay AWAY from the mist !!!

O M G hehehehehe

Stay out of the misty blue----Mat 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the (midst) of them.

Last edited by 777 The Great Work; 03-14-2010 at 10:02 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:52 AM   #324
mntruthseeker
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
I stand accussed ?

I can tell you that during my time as administrator there was no additional software installed on this site that would permit anyone to read private mails. Yes it is possible. It is not easy - it requires extra software to be installed (a vBulletin addin). Only administrators with actual host server access can do it.

If it was done that way no one would have known about it because it would not leave any logs nor evidence of anyone logging in. The thing that Brook observed may well have been someone trying to log in as Lionhawk and getting the error message. I dont know. The forum security is good. If everyone has a good password, thier accounts and private mails are safe.

AJ..
OMG absolutely not, I said you were a programer so you would know.

I do not mix my words Anchor, you should know that by now, If I have something to say, I say it.

All of this goes back to Exchanger writing in this thread, something that was done over the phone regarding LionHawk. She mocked him and I heard him say on another post she put out information recieved in a PM.

All of which I think is pathetic. No matter how you feel about another person, somethings are worth NOT mentioning.

As Brook keeps saying, quit pointing the finger at what you are only speculating on. Tango, Celine, GaiaLove and LionHawk. When will it end ?

No sir, absolutely not, I say what I mean and not behind someones back.

I know for a fact that administrators are able to get into information. Was it done ? Not so far as I know. It was not even said to have been done, It was said, it was put out there for others to read.

Yes, Exchanger did that for all of to see.
mntruthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 01:19 AM   #325
Lionhawk
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

AJ..

Do you have any idea what it is like to be discussed on other forums, since I am not a member of the ones I am speaking of, without being able to say anything to defend one's self? It's like being in the mists. Accusations and misguided comments from a peanut gallery where the participants don't have the balls to take the red pill and yet want to peddle their own carts of what they call ego and dish that out where they go. Did I lose you there? Well why not just go and discuss that with Gabriel. So much for building a trust. Please............
Lionhawk is offline   Reply With Quote