Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 12-05-2009, 08:05 PM   #51
GaiaLove
Avalon Administrator

Default Re: The Sun Now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminari View Post
Glad its the far side

Are we going to feel any of it Richard or is it all facing away from the Earth?
I don't believe so, however the SOHO B spacecraft is showing a new region that looks fairly active, this area is rotating towards us and should provide some interesting views next week.

On another note, earlier this year there was a rather incredible occurrence.
A solar tsunami, quite literally a 100,000 km high wall of fire and magnetism expanding outwards from a central point at 900 kph.
technically called a magneto -hydrodynamical wave it can pack as much power as 2400 megatons of tnt.

check this out..

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASA
A solar tsunami can be seen as a dark wave spreading across the surface of the Sun (small sphere on left). The greyed-out band has been enhanced for contrast. The green shows the solar flare or CME that has caused the tsunami.

Click here to chat LIVE with other members of Avalon
GaiaLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 03:56 AM   #52
LucidJia
Avalon Senior Member

Can anyone explain this to me? If what I am seeing is real this thing must be HUGE!

LucidJia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 05:55 AM   #53
Shairia
Avalon Senior Member

It looks to me like it goes right through the sun. Maybe our sun is just gas after all?
Shairia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 06:03 AM   #54
Ross H
Project Avalon Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shairia View Post
It looks to me like it goes right through the sun. Maybe our sun is just gas after all?

Source: Universe today:

If you could take the Sun apart, and stack up its various elements, you would find that the Sun is made of hydrogen (74%) and helium (about 24%). Astronomers consider anything heavier than helium to be a metal. The remaining amount of the Sun is made of iron, nickel, oxygen, silicon, sulfur, magnesium, carbon, neon, calcium and chromium. In fact, the Sun is 1% oxygen; and everything else comes out of that last 1%.

Looks to me to be an astroid/meteor

Last edited by Ross H; 12-17-2009 at 06:59 AM.
Ross H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 06:11 AM   #55
LucidJia
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross H View Post
Source: Universe today:

If you could take the Sun apart, and stack up its various elements, you would find that the Sun is made of hydrogen (74%) and helium (about 24%). Astronomers consider anything heavier than helium to be a metal. The remaining amount of the Sun is made of iron, nickel, oxygen, silicon, sulfur, magnesium, carbon, neon, calcium and chromium. In fact, the Sun is 1% oxygen; and everything else comes out of that last 1%.

Look to me to be an astroid/meteor
An astroid the size of the earth?
Old 12-17-2009, 06:22 AM   #56
LucidJia
Avalon Senior Member

Ok check this one out!

"Most telescopes that observe the sun are owned by the VATICAN. There was a video released showing an object at least as big as the earth hitting the sun. The video was called, “Sun gazing comet hits the sun.” Astrophysicists emailed NASA and asked them about this so-called comet because it didn’t have a tail. They wanted to know what it was. NASA pulled the video from the net and later put the video back up, editing in a tail on the “comet”. When analyzed, the stars in the video are going from left to right because of the path the probe is orbiting. Some small white “dots” hit the camera lens but there is clearly one object going toward the sun against the other movements in the video. Then this object takes a 90 degree turn into the sun. “The only comet I know of (that does a 90 degree turn) has little windows in them and little guys waving.” The “comet” entered the sun at 19.47 degrees latitude showing a plasma ejection coming out of the entry spot. A spaceship the size of the earth needs to go into a black hole bigger than their ship size, hence the sun. Smaller ships can come and go through sun spots in the earth such as volcanoes."
Old 12-17-2009, 06:40 AM   #57
Ross H
Project Avalon Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucidJia View Post
An astroid the size of the earth?

Would'nt surprise me...Something the size of a large house goes between the Earth and Moon on a monthly basis, In this vid, It appears to be streaking across the upper surface much like a meteor, fragment of an Asteroid.

Peace