Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 05-23-2009, 06:38 PM   #1
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

Default MEMORIAL DAY ~ Tribute to our Heroes ~ "All Gave Some, Some Gave All"

peaceandlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 06:56 PM   #2
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

Default Last American WWI Survivor

Last American WWI Survivor

Today on Yahoo Video (2:30): http://video.yahoo.com/watch/5138565/13610008

Frank Buckles, 107, old-school survivor (NOW 108 in 2009)

Insights into war and life from the last U.S. veteran of World War I

By Emily Brown, Stars and Stripes
Pacific edition, Sunday, May 18, 2008

"I realize now I was very young."

Frank Buckles was 16 and lied about his age to the Army so he could enlist and go to Europe. It was 1917 and the country was facing the "war to end all wars."

Now, at 107, he is America’s last living World War I veteran. At his farmhouse in West Virginia, he looks back at it all — driving ambulances in WWI, working on ships all over the world and surviving WWII in a prison camp — and he laughs.

A serious situation

Well read from a young age, Buckles was very aware of the brooding war. He wanted to go.

"A 15-year-old boy is not scared of anything," he said matter-of-factly.

Article continues with photos and timeline: http://www.stripes.com/article.asp?s...3&archive=true

Last edited by peaceandlove; 05-23-2009 at 07:17 PM.
Old 05-23-2009, 07:05 PM   #3
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: MEMORIAL DAY ~ Tribute to our Heroes ~ "All Gave Some, Some Gave All"

Let's not forget the thousands (Dr. Ann Blake Tracy mentioned 11,000) of military who have taken their own lives!

This show aired last night on Coast to Coast AM

Medicated Military

In the first hour, Dr. Ann Blake Tracy discussed the widespread use of antidepressants among US combat troops. According to Tracy, as many as 90% of returning vets are taking some kind of SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) to deal with the trauma of war. She also reported on a Japanese Health Ministry study that found a causal connection between antidepressants and violence.

Tracy was joined by Stan White, who lost one son in combat and another to a lethal combination of drugs prescribed to help him cope with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. White is currently searching nationwide for other military personnel who have spontaneously died from the toxic effects of mixing antidepressants, antipsychotics, and pain medication. He can be contacted by email at hswhite2346@yahoo.com.

Source: http://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2009/05/22

I imagine the show will be available on youtube some time today. Will post link when I see it.

Thanks xiknoweverythingx for posting this show on your channel.

Coast to Coast AM - May 22 2009 - Medicated Military with Dr. Ann Blake Tracy

Ian Punnett Host

Video Part 1 of 4 (10:00): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZUS_...eature=channel

Last edited by peaceandlove; 05-28-2009 at 04:42 AM.
Old 05-23-2009, 07:24 PM   #4
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: MEMORIAL DAY ~ Tribute to our Heroes ~ "All Gave Some, Some Gave All"

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceandlove View Post

Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 07:32 PM   #5
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

This photo brought immediate tears to my eyes!!!

Old 05-23-2009, 08:04 PM   #6
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

I sometimes wonder that those who some often consider heroes are aggressors and murderers to others....
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 09:13 PM   #7
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgundia View Post
I sometimes wonder that those who some often consider heroes are aggressors and murderers to others....
Blessings Burgundia,

I understand what you are saying. If you listened to the shortened video or read the full text, "War is a Racket" by Major General Smedley Butler (ret.) it helps to explain how men and women were lured to fight and murder for the racketeers.

Those that served and are serving are simply part of the manipulation of power game, unfortunately...too many have died and too many have been permanently traumatized.

This is all the more reason why all soldiers, past and present deserve our respect and our compassion.

Peace to You,

PaL

See This Thread: "War is a Racket" http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14004

Excerpts:

Quote:
WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives.

A racket is best described, I believe, as something that is not what it seems to the majority of the people. Only a small "inside" group knows what it is about. It is conducted for the benefit of the very few, at the expense of the very many. Out of war a few people make huge fortunes.

In the World War I a mere handful garnered the profits of the conflict. At least 21,000 new millionaires and billionaires were made in the United States during the World War. That many admitted their huge blood gains in their income tax returns. How many other war millionaires falsified their tax returns no one knows.
Quote:
Up to and including the Spanish-American War, we had a prize system, and soldiers and sailors fought for money. During the Civil War they were paid bonuses, in many instances, before they went into service. The government, or states, paid as high as $1,200 for an enlistment. In the Spanish-American War they gave prize money. When we captured any vessels, the soldiers all got their share – at least, they were supposed to. Then it was found that we could reduce the cost of wars by taking all the prize money and keeping it, but conscripting [drafting] the soldier anyway. Then soldiers couldn't bargain for their labor, Everyone else could bargain, but the soldier couldn't.

Napoleon once said,

"All men are enamored of decorations...they positively hunger for them."

So by developing the Napoleonic system – the medal business – the government learned it could get soldiers for less money, because the boys liked to be decorated. Until the Civil War there were no medals. Then the Congressional Medal of Honor was handed out. It made enlistments easier. After the Civil War no new medals were issued until the Spanish-American War.

In the World War, we used propaganda to make the boys accept conscription. They were made to feel ashamed if they didn't join the army.

So vicious was this war propaganda that even God was brought into it. With few exceptions our clergymen joined in the clamor to kill, kill, kill. To kill the Germans. God is on our side...it is His will that the Germans be killed.

And in Germany, the good pastors called upon the Germans to kill the allies...to please the same God. That was a part of the general propaganda, built up to make people war conscious and murder conscious.

Beautiful ideals were painted for our boys who were sent out to die. This was the "war to end all wars." This was the "war to make the world safe for democracy." No one mentioned to them, as they marched away, that their going and their dying would mean huge war profits. No one told these American soldiers that they might be shot down by bullets made by their own brothers here. No one told them that the ships on which they were going to cross might be torpedoed by submarines built with United States patents. They were just told it was to be a "glorious adventure."

Thus, having stuffed patriotism down their throats, it was decided to make them help pay for the war, too. So, we gave them the large salary of $30 a month.

All they had to do for this munificent sum was to leave their dear ones behind, give up their jobs, lie in swampy trenches, eat canned willy (when they could get it) and kill and kill and kill...and be killed.

But wait!

Half of that wage (just a little more than a riveter in a shipyard or a laborer in a munitions factory safe at home made in a day) was promptly taken from him to support his dependents, so that they would not become a charge upon his community. Then we made him pay what amounted to accident insurance – something the employer pays for in an enlightened state – and that cost him $6 a month. He had less than $9 a month left.

Then, the most crowning insolence of all – he was virtually blackjacked into paying for his own ammunition, clothing, and food by being made to buy Liberty Bonds. Most soldiers got no money at all on pay days.

We made them buy Liberty Bonds at $100 and then we bought them back – when they came back from the war and couldn't find work – at $84 and $86. And the soldiers bought about $2,000,000,000 worth of these bonds!

Yes, the soldier pays the greater part of the bill. His family pays too. They pay it in the same heart-break that he does. As he suffers, they suffer. At nights, as he lay in the trenches and watched shrapnel burst about him, they lay home in their beds and tossed sleeplessly – his father, his mother, his wife, his sisters, his brothers, his sons, and his daughters.

When he returned home minus an eye, or minus a leg or with his mind broken, they suffered too – as much as and even sometimes more than he. Yes, and they, too, contributed their dollars to the profits of the munitions makers and bankers and shipbuilders and the manufacturers and the speculators made. They, too, bought Liberty Bonds and contributed to the profit of the bankers after the Armistice in the hocus-pocus of manipulated Liberty Bond prices.

And even now the families of the wounded men and of the mentally broken and those who never were able to readjust themselves are still suffering and still paying.
"We can all make more money out of peace than we can out of war." - Major General Smedley Butler

Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Recipient
Major General Smedley D. Butler - USMC Retired

Last edited by peaceandlove; 05-25-2009 at 09:49 PM.
Old 05-23-2009, 09:39 PM   #8
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Every one of these brave men and women fought for OUR freedom....they are not part of the PTB...and their twisted ideals and agendas.
I proudly support the men and women that serve our country...I salute them
BROOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 05:13 AM   #9
Moxie
Avalon Senior Member

It's very sad, those that said yes and went into war.
Moxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 06:32 AM   #10
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOK View Post
Every one of these brave men and women fought for OUR freedom....they are not part of the PTB...and their twisted ideals and agendas.
I proudly support the men and women that serve our country...I salute them
Those that fought in Vietnam, Korea, now Iraq and Afghanistan have fought for your freedom? i didn't know that those countries had invaded the USA?
Old 05-24-2009, 06:47 AM   #11
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

[QUOTE=peaceandlove;139649][/B] it helps to explain how men were lured to fight and murder for the racketeers.

Those that served and are serving are simply part of the manipulation of power game, unfortunately...too many have died and too many have been permanently traumatized.

This is all the more reason why all soldiers, past and present deserve our respect and our compassion.

[IMG]http://

i hope they wake up soon......
Old 05-24-2009, 06:50 AM   #12
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

I think what BROOK was saying was that she supports those that fought - even though they were tragically misled.

They thought they were doing the right thing in service to thier country and they had the courage to back it up - this is worthy of any persons salute.

On the other hand the larger truth is that their efforts were part of a larger game of decipt, slavery and profit - bought about by our collective ignorance of the true hidden hands that have manipulated our creation to this current sorry state

Time to change that.

Focus on what you want, not what you dont want.

Personally I choose not to focus on war memorials in any form, because I see them as orchestrated by those that would keep us focussed on an overly concrete experience of time by the mourning reflection on the past.

A..
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 06:57 AM   #13
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchor View Post
I think what BROOK was saying was that she supports those that fought - even though they were tragically misled.

They thought they were doing the right thing in service to thier country and they had the courage to back it up - this is worthy of any persons salute.

On the other hand the larger truth is that their efforts were part of a larger game of decipt, slavery and profit - bought about by our collective ignorance of the true hidden hands that have manipulated our creation to this current sorry state

Time to change that.

Personally I choose not to focus on war memorials in any form, because I see them as orchestrated by those that would keep us focussed on an overly concrete experience of time by the mourning reflection on the past.

A..
Did you see the word OUR spelled in capital letters? i do not want to instigate anything here, I just want people to look at certain things from a different perspective and to realize that sometimes they may become victims of propaganda.
I really agree with your last statement. I think such celebrations might also part of the manipulation, a very clever one in its nature....
Old 05-24-2009, 07:20 AM   #14
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Did you see the word OUR spelled in capital letters?
Actually I didn't. Sorry about that, and I can see what you mean.

Still it made me think, and I wrote stuff that doesn't need to change, I hope you don't mind if we leave it at that.

Quote:
i do not want to instigate anything here, I just want people to look at certain things from a different perspective and to realize that sometimes they may become victims of propaganda.
Excellent - me too!

A..
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 06:28 PM   #15
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchor View Post

Time to change that.

A..
That is exactly what I was saying...no one could be more against war then me...I even had a thread going with Zeddo...about BEING THE CHANGE...or have we forgotten that one...It seems that reading between the line is forbidden here....just to let you know My father was a flight surgeon in the war against Germany and suffered great tramatic stress syndrome from working on half dead young men....young men that "fought to keep their freedom" and died in the process..that is what memorial day is about...nothing more...and I support the men that gave their lives...weather it was a just war ( and I don't believe there is such a thing)...I HATE war...or not.

Bless the men who have died...is all I say

Last edited by BROOK; 05-24-2009 at 06:52 PM.
Old 05-24-2009, 06:58 PM   #16
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Those that fought in Vietnam, Korea, now Iraq and Afghanistan have fought for your freedom? i didn't know that those countries had invaded the USA?
I protested against the Vietman war....in many states...I was very active in the campaign against the whole thing...we even had the FBI at our house telling me that I could not send threatening telegrams to President Johnson....so don't presume that I'm an advocate of WAR...quite the opposite .....I just honor the men who died....and I always will...sorry....that is the way of it.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:32 PM   #17
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
I protested against the Vietman war....in many states...I was very active in the campaign against the whole thing...we even had the FBI at our house telling me that I could not send threatening telegrams to President Johnson....so don't presume that I'm an advocate of WAR...quite the opposite .....I just honor the men who died....and I always will...sorry....that is the way of it.
Who would ever presume that you are an advocate of war? it is absolutely right to honor the men and women who died but......the word "hero" , which is often used by many, isn't always the best choice.
Brook you said that they were fighting for your freedom! perhaps I do not know certain facts so please tell me when and where was the freedom of Americans threatened, that they had to attack Vietnam and drop napalm bombs on Vietnamese. What did the Iraqis do? how did they threaten your freedom? The biggest threat to your freedom is inside your own country...Who did 9/11...?
PS WWII is a different matter.....
Old 05-24-2009, 07:49 PM   #18
no caste

In tribute to the half-dead, wounded, their struggles & triumphs ...

Depleted uranium issues - **FU to DU**
http://www.gulfwarvets.com/du.htm

Post-traumatic stress disorder & services
http://pn.psychiatryonline.org/cgi/c...full/40/9/25-a

Disabled American veterans
http://www.dav.org/
Old 05-24-2009, 08:02 PM   #19
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Who would ever presume that you are an advocate of war? it is absolutely right to honor the men and women who died but......the word "hero" , which is often used by many, isn't always the best choice.
Brook you said that they were fighting for your freedom! perhaps I do not know certain facts so please tell me when and where was the freedom of Americans threatened, that they had to attack Vietnam and drop napalm bombs on Vietnamese. What did the Iraqis do? how did they threaten your freedom? The biggest threat to your freedom is inside your own country...Who did 9/11...?
PS WWII is a different matter.....
You are not serious? The whole premise of going to war is for freedom...in Vietman...it was freedon from Communisim....9/11 from the TERRORISTS...and oh yeah..let us not forget the WMD'S...it is their only premise for war....that does not make it so....but that is the premise....I have disagreed with every war since Vietman and before...but that is the reason we do it anyway....can you not see how manipulated the whole thing is? Of course our freedom was not threatened by Vietman...but they made the whole country think so...except those who saw through the LIES...Just like 9/11.....but again I say...they go to war for FREEDOM
Old 05-24-2009, 08:08 PM   #20
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
You are not serious? The whole premise of going to war is for freedom...in Vietman...it was freedon from Communisim....9/11 from the TERRORISTS...and oh yeah..let us not forget the WMD'S...it is their only premise for war....that does not make it so....but that is the premise....I have disagreed with every war since Vietman and before...but that is the reason we do it anyway....can you not see how manipulated the whole thing is? Of course our freedom was not threatened by Vietman...but they made the whole country think so...except those who saw through the LIES...Just like 9/11.....but again I say...they go to war for FREEDOM
Yes, it is all manipulation. i am glad you see that because from your previous post I thought you hadn't. Now everything is clear.
Old 05-24-2009, 08:14 PM   #21
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Here is the story my Dad told.....he was a surgeon ....dropped in war zones to get injured boys....he found one that was dying...he could not help him..he was a mile from the drop....the boy before he died begged to not be left there...he "wanted to go home".....My father carried the dead boy for a mile to get him to the plane.
Think about that one..and remember to bless them..they are only human...and we are all one.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:29 PM   #22
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Here is the story my Dad told.....he was a surgeon ....dropped in war zones to get injured boys....he found one that was dying...he could not help him..he was a mile from the drop....the boy before he died begged to not be left there...he "wanted to go home".....My father carried the dead boy for a mile to get him to the plane.
Think about that one..and remember to bless them..they are only human...and we are all one.

Bless you Brook and your father,

My father was a medic in WWII, sent to the front lines, where he never should have been.

For his entire life since the War he was plagued with memories of dead soldiers and kept it hidden from his children.

He watched, as they were being captured, a soldier who was warned not to run gunned down.

He was not a POW for a long time (the war ended), although at the same time, he had no idea how long he would remain captured.

It was very difficult to watch him in his later years as some of this trauma was bubbling to the surface.

The last Memorial Day of his life I sat with him as tears flowed and he could no longer hold back.

He was a Patriot and he remained in service for life, even denying his POW benefits of thousands of dollars, because he said others deserved it more than he.

His ensuing demise was a direct result of his participation in the war.

IN LOVING MEMORY OF MY FATHER AND HIS COMRADES, HEROES ONE AND ALL

PaL

WAR what is it good for...absolutely NOTHING!!!

Last edited by peaceandlove; 05-25-2009 at 09:22 PM.
Old 05-26-2009, 12:54 AM   #23
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

In my search for a 21 Gun Salute and Taps Video I ran into this very interesting video explaining the Taps.

Taps The Bugler's Cry

The Origin of Sounding Taps

The Bugler's Cry-The Origin of Sounding Taps. Jari Villanueva explains the origins of America's most famous bugle call.

Video (6:50): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nhtr5...eature=related
Old 05-26-2009, 01:11 AM   #24
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceandlove View Post
Bless you Brook and your father,

My father was a medic in WWII, sent to the front lines, where he never should have been.

For his entire life since the War he was plagued with memories of dead soldiers and kept it hidden from his children.

He watched, as they were being captured, a soldier who was warned not to run gunned down.

He was not a POW for a long time (the war ended), although at the same time, he had no idea how long he would remain captured.

It was very difficult to watch him in his later years as some of this trauma was bubbling to the surface.

The last Memorial Day of his life I sat with him as tears flowed and he could no longer hold back.

He was a Patriot and he remained in service for life, even denying his POW benefits of thousands of dollars, because he said others deserved it more than he.

His ensuing demise was a direct result of his participation in the war.

IN LOVING MEMORY OF MY FATHER AND HIS COMRADES, HEROES ONE AND ALL

PaL

WAR what is it good for...absolutely NOTHING!!!
Peaceandlove,

Bless you and your father as well...today is the day to do it....bless them all for their service....true Patriots..with a love for country

btw...My brother was a Marine...he has passed away as well, and was buried with full honors...and a 21 gun salute
Old 05-26-2009, 01:20 AM   #25
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by no caste View Post
In tribute to the half-dead, wounded, their struggles & triumphs ...

Depleted uranium issues - **FU to DU**
http://www.gulfwarvets.com/du.htm
Blessings No Caste,

There is a video I saw some time ago about depleted uranium babies. Soooooo sad.

I found this page in the link you provided on Depleted Uranium Issues.

Avalonians, do not look at this page unless you think you can handle it.

http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...h+Images&gbv=2

Bless these suffering and struggling children too..as you said.

PaL