Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 10-24-2008, 08:25 AM   #1
Elephant Man
Avalon Senior Member

Default Disinformation & Forum Wrecking.

I have not been a member here very long, but I quickly learned to pick my words carefully. Avalon is very good at spotting bs and things that are not thought through.
There is also a kind of paranoia about disinformation and negative threads, which is to an extent o.k. What I feel, is that if we as members post info and observations with positive, spiritual intent, then any kind of forum wrecking or disinformation will stand out a mile. It doesn't mean that we should ignore the possibility of negative occurences, but if we ignore negative comments and silly postulations, they will stop. Some of the threads I have read in here are nothing but internal bickering. In sport you know you're on the winning side, when the opposition starts hacking at each other and lets face it, some of the threads in here achieve just that, we bicker and growl at each other over unimportant issues. I have made off the cuff remarks in here and been "told off", thats ok it has made me think twice before hitting the enter button. Some of you in here are very good at explaining yourselves in writing, thank you for your patience with those of us that are not. I think I have explained myself clearly on this, if I havn't I'm sure someone will let me know.

Love & Light
Elephant Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 08:58 AM   #2
alternative-answer
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Disinformation & Forum Wrecking.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones..
alternative-answer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 09:10 AM   #3
IRKCOD
Avalon Senior Member

Elephant Man,

Fair Comment; we are here to help each other and are all entitled to our own opinions.

No One is required or obliged to agree with them, they are there for others to evaluate and internalize if they so wish.

My understanding is that Avalon is not meant to be a 'slagging' forum but one mutual assistance and growth
IRKCOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 01:52 PM   #4
tone3jaguar
Avalon Senior Member

The only forums that this does not happen on are the ones that are very stricktly moderated. That in itself is a double edged sword. Yes you get a more pure experience, but at the same time the information moves at a signifigantly slower pace. I guess we can't have our cake and eat it to.
tone3jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 01:55 PM   #5
Xhaosis
Avalon Senior Member

filter,filter, filter... Take nothing personal.. Remember lotsa wise and smart people in forums.. Good chance to learn.. I take peoples philosophies and beliefs and make my own. Just lose the ego on a message board and you'll be ok...
Xhaosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 04:16 PM   #6
aiwass322
Project Avalon Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xhaosis View Post
filter,filter, filter... Take nothing personal.. Remember lotsa wise and smart people in forums.. Good chance to learn.. I take peoples philosophies and beliefs and make my own. Just lose the ego on a message board and you'll be ok...
My point exactly.
We are a tribe of many different philosophies that must blend and find a new form. The best one can do is listen and disregard if something sounds to outrageous (I can learn a lesson there myself )

Love is the law...
aiwass322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 02:08 PM   #7
GoingToFast
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tone3jaguar View Post
The only forums that this does not happen on are the ones that are very stricktly moderated. That in itself is a double edged sword. Yes you get a more pure experience, but at the same time the information moves at a signifigantly slower pace. I guess we can't have our cake and eat it to.

This I agree on totally, the bickering is a sign of free-speech and that is only positive. I also believe that the culture on this forum will get better as time goes by, people learn how to behave eventually, I my-self was an A**hole when I first started to post comments here, later I understood that that is only counterproductive.
GoingToFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 02:42 PM   #8
giovonni
Avalon Senior Member

Thumbs up Re: Disinformation & Forum Wrecking.

Greeting's to all,
This is all refreshing. For me, being able to learn and share with individuals, from all over the world, is the greatest benefit of this Forum. Every opinion, is important here. Lets continue to move forward, conversing with each other; Always remembering to treat all participants, as we would like to be treated. giovonni

"It is not in the stars to hold our destiny, but in ourselves."
William Shakespeare
giovonni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 03:45 PM   #9
Oneworld719
Avalon Senior Member

As I taught my children...Agree to Disagree but remain in Love and respect for the spirit in all.
My dad used to say "remember for the one finger you point out, there are three pointing back at you" !
Namasta
Oneworld719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 04:02 PM   #10
karmakah
Avalon Senior Member

Observe. Absorb. Abstain.
-Peace
karmakah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 04:56 PM   #11
Ashatav
Avalon Senior Member

I feel that everybody must research this kind of topics by theyselves, filter it without this page and expand/inform what they know later in this page.

Cheers!
Ashatav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 06:27 PM   #12
sammytray
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashatav View Post
I feel that everybody must research this kind of topics by theyselves, filter it without this page and expand/inform what they know later in this page.

Cheers!
It seems many and myself have at one time WANTED to be involved in some way , looking for answers/knowledge etc... Some comments are likely made to jump start there own awareness... get into the "zone" so to speak. Shortly after they or I realize we are ALL a piece of the "puzzle". The "info"/knowledge is in everyone of us. Our comments are energy/thoughts which can only help the process of bringing to the surface anyone's questions. Just some thoughts

I am honored to be around you ALL
sammytray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 07:39 PM   #13
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

Jump starting awareness begins here --->
Old 10-26-2008, 07:02 AM   #14
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Most of the threads about Obama are disinformation and I don't understand why they are allowed to remain open, especially since the content in them is similar and it's possible that one person is posting all of them under different names (it's more common than you think on the internet).
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote