Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Health / Alternative Medicine

Notices

Old 10-15-2009, 07:16 PM   #1
14 Chakras
Avalon Senior Member

Default Avoid Swine Flu with Onions!

Forwarded from a friend...

In 1919, when the flu killed 40 million people, there was this doctor that visited many farmers to see if he could help them combat the flu. Many of the farmers and their family had contracted it, and many died.

The doctor came upon this one farmer, and to his surprise, everyone was very healthy. When the doctor asked what the farmer was doing that was different, the wife replied that she had placed an unpeeled onion in a dish in the rooms of the home (probably only two rooms back then). The doctor couldn't believe it, and asked if he could have one of the onions to place it under a microscope. She gave him one, and when he did, he found the flu virus in the onion. It obviously absorbed the bacteria; therefore, keeping the family healthy.

Now, I heard this story from my hairdresser in AZ. She said that, several years ago, many of her employees were coming down with the flu and so did many of her customers. The next year, she placed several bowls with onions around her shop. To her surprise, none of her staff got sick. It must work (and no, she is not in the onion business).

The upshot of the story is, buy some onions and place them in bowls around your home. If you work at a desk, place one or two in your office or under your desk, or even on top of your desk. Try it and see what happens. We did it last year and we never got the flu.

If this helps you and your loved ones from getting sick, all the better. If you do get the flu, it just might be a mild case.

Whatever, what have you to lose? Just a few bucks on onions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now there is a P. S. to this for I sent it to a friend in Oregon who regularly contributes material to me on health issues. She replied with this most interesting experience about onions:

Weldon, thanks for the reminder. I don't know about the farmer's story, but I do know that I contracted pneumonia and, needless to say, I was very ill. I came across an article that said to cut both ends off an onion, put one end on a fork and then place the forked end into an empty jar, placing the jar next to the sick patient at night. It said the onion would be black in the morning from the germs. Sure enough! It happened just like that! The onion was a mess, and I began to feel better.

Another thing I read in the article was that onions and garlic placed around the room saved many from the black plague years ago. They have powerful antibacterial, antiseptic properties.

Thanks for this article. It brought back memories of when my oldest son used to get colds all the time when he was little. This lady told me to cut an onion and rub it on his chest. The onion turned very black and my son soon felt better.

Also, there was a young woman where I grew up who used to cut garlic and onion, put it in a sock and pin it to her little girl's undershirt. At the time, I thought it was a terrible thing to do to a child, having her walk around smelling like onions and garlic. But I guess she just wanted to keep her little girl healthy.
14 Chakras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 07:23 PM   #2
Ammit
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Avoid Swine Flu with Onions!

Wow, thats fantastic.I will certainly be using up some of the onions i grew this year. One question, was there a partcular type of onion or would any do?
Ammit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 07:45 PM   #3
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

Ammit: any regular onion will do......I remember the elders doing this when I was a child.
waitinginthewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 07:47 PM   #4
no caste
Avalon Senior Member

And its avian flu components with kimchi!! (sauerkraut)

Is sauerkraut a new weapon against bird flu?
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...flucure07.html

Ingesting garlic may not hurt either. It often goes together with onions. It'll ward off the vampire intent of H1N1 and is altogether good for the heart.

Last edited by no caste; 10-15-2009 at 07:50 PM.
no caste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 10:54 PM   #5
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by no caste View Post
And its avian flu components with kimchi!! (sauerkraut)

Is sauerkraut a new weapon against bird flu?
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...flucure07.html

Ingesting garlic may not hurt either. It often goes together with onions. It'll ward off the vampire intent of H1N1 and is altogether good for the heart.
no caste: yes garlic is excellent also, but better to buy "organic garlic". There is a world of difference in the strength, than in the regular stuff.
waitinginthewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 11:08 PM   #6
Ammit
Avalon Senior Member

Its better to grow your own garlic, buy a bulb of organic from anywhere, seperate the cloves, soak in water over night and plant in a good soil, I have been growing mine for years and it tastes so much better then shop bought and is full of juice which i suppose is better then dried stuff.
Ammit is offline   Reply With Quote