Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 01-19-2010, 01:33 AM   #1
Gevaudan
Avalon Senior Member

Default Recommended Reading

Hello everyone. Just wanted to share this link:

http://books.google.com/books?id=Ss4...page&q=&f=true

May you find resonance with this as I have.

Peace

G
Gevaudan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:47 AM   #2
Berob24
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Recommended Reading

Thank you for posting this link- So far I am loving this read!
Berob24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 12:56 PM   #3
Gevaudan
Avalon Senior Member

You're welcome!

Of all the material I have read over the years (and trust me--it's substantial) this book has been the one to which I keep returning. I hope other Avalonians see the inherent value contained within this text. I think most of us here have had the awakening, but are now in the 'slump.' I certainly have been, which is why I began reading this book again and decided to share it here with those who have the potential to grasp its scope.
Old 01-19-2010, 01:00 PM   #4
mpea
Avalon Senior Member

Thank you for this; at work at present so haven't got time for more than a cursory look but what I've seen seems very interesting and I am looking forward to a real good read.
pea x
mpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:45 PM   #5
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Gevaudan...

Thanks for this.. it looks like a good read and does certainly resonate with feelings I've had for many years...that I'm 'here to help'.

In fact, I've had little other direction in my life, for career or even relationship other than a sense of being here to help others. Yet I've no idea what that means.

Since some years I've felt there might be a cataclysm of some kind, and that maybe my 'helpfulness' will become necessary after that event , in whatever else takes place.

It seems my skill set is not particularly well matched for the standard life as is currently on planet earth. Building wealth, following the material plane of existence. Love, peace and harmony, a sense of one with all creation. That is my calling. I'm not saying I'm great at it , but it's what I feel to be right. Prospering at another's failure is not where I'm at

However, that all said, I have to be careful not to feed my ego reading texts like this, that suggest I might be part of some select, alternative reality. It's all too easy to believe that any dissonance is caused by the 'incorrect world' outside, and not because of failings that I personally have. I am careful of any treatise that flatters my special place, and rewrites reality to put me at the centre of something wonderful, involving aliens or other planes, of which there is no real proof.

But, that said.. it does resonate.. and I look forward to reading the whole thing before making any other comment. It is noble to hope that people will associate with serving humanity, rather than trying to 'profit' from it, as so many seem to do these days.

Thanks for the ebook, we need more great information like this at Avalon to read and to discern.

Peace n Love

K
Kulapops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 03:51 PM   #6
Gevaudan
Avalon Senior Member

Kulapops,

I certainly understand what you're saying to my core. One of the biggest pitfalls that face many who awaken is the development of a 'messiah complex,' where the individual begins to develop the belief that they are 'the one' that is here to save humanity. It takes a good deal of reason to traverse this bridge, and is quite understandable that many fall prey to this particular mindset. The fact that you keep this in mind is a great achievment in itself.

I too have had the feeling that I'm here to help after 'it' happens. What 'it' is, I have no idea, but I have had some strong visions in the past couple of years of keeping people calm after some calamity.

Gotta get back to work. More to follow...

In the bonds of Friendship, Love, and Truth...

G
Old 01-19-2010, 05:15 PM   #7
lindabaker
Avalon Senior Member

Thank you!
lindabaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 06:16 PM   #8
Gevaudan
Avalon Senior Member

As a note of interest, I just found this info while searching the title of the aforementioned book:

http://www.religionnewsblog.com/2103...-divine-plan-2

Seems the supposed author is missing? Hummm....

Well, I can say from experience that one should take everything with a grain of salt. This link seems to try to link this info with a 'doomsday cult,' but aren't all religions doomsday cults in essence?

If there is one thing I have learned over the years it is that 'truthbearers' are often demonized and labeled with words that carry a certain stigma to distract a would-be audience from deciding for themselves the truth of the matter. In my world the message, not the messenger, is what counts.

The discernment continues...

G

Last edited by Gevaudan; 01-19-2010 at 06:36 PM.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:35 PM   #9
Berob24
Avalon Senior Member

Hmmm, the article about the author is interesting. I am still enjoying the book, although I was wondering who the author was. Even the website "thenewcall" doesn't mention any person.

This is what really gets my head spinning sometimes. So much information out there: that makes sense to me..but so and so says he/she is disinfo; that sound completely crazy, but maybe it's true; I like what that person is saying..and then I read that some say he is fanatical or of "cult" mentality. Arghhh.

One thing that I wanted to comment on regarding the book, that has been not resonating with me, is the many referrals to Jesus and Judgment Day and Christ Consciousness. Some of it had that "Left Behind" feeling. Not that there is anything wrong with referring to Jesus, just that Christianity isn't my cup of tea.

Anyway...I'm about halfway done and looking forward to finishing the rest of the book tomorrow. I'd love to hear others thoughts and comments regarding the book.

Thanks again!
Berob24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:04 AM   #10
TheRebel
Avalon Senior Member

I find the link where you can download the soft copy of the book..may be better way to read..

http://search.4shared.com/network/se...he+divine+plan
TheRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:18 PM   #11
Gevaudan
Avalon Senior Member

Kulapops,

You're correct in applying an increased amount of skepticism to something that sounds too logical to be the whole truth. I just thought of the movie Beetlejuice where the couple is trying to figure out how to make it in the afterlife. While trying to read the handbook for the recently deceased they keep saying, "This book reads like stereo instructions." LOL

Berob24,

I understand the aversion you have toward literature with a 'Christian' flavor. Many bad things are associated with that word, and it is understandable that many have mixed feelings about it. I just try to cut through the labels and get to the heart of the matter. Truth is truth, and you'll know it when you hear it. We all will. I hope someday we will finally gain access to something that isn't tainted with the fallacies associated with lower human natue.

The search continues...

G
Old 01-20-2010, 12:29 PM   #12
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member

Great Gevaudan...!

And when we get to the heart of the matter, what resonates inside, resonates because it is our truth, and not the book's...(or whatever we are reading) it's easy to get the two confused, so we think we are reading the truth, when actually we are feeling our own.

this is surely the key to discernment - knowing that we go... 'ahhh !' because we go ' ahhh ! ' and not because what we are reading is the truth.

A lot of soothsayers get us to a place of going 'ahhh...' and then just add their own waffle (sometimes so much so, that you stop going 'ahhh!' )

I'm not having a go at your book here (I still haven't read it all), but I think it's a general principle. I am just gullible. That's a good thing... that requires an open heart. But no one else can give me a truth... I have to work out my own... Will it involve Gringons from the Planet Xarg ? Possibly not for me... I'm quite happy that they may exist for others maybe. Maybe a 12 million year old dynasty on Venus resonates with others, My skeptical mind says, 'why 12? Why not 11??' lol

Love,

K
Old 01-29-2010, 08:17 PM   #13
john-d
Avalon Senior Member

Excellent !! What a great book , havent been quite so gripped to a book since i stumbled across the Ra Material .
Thanks Gevaudan , you got me buzzing again
john-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 01:38 AM   #14
Phtha
Avalon Senior Member

Question Re: Recommended Reading

Can someone link a direct PDF file for this book, so that I can save as from this thread? I can't load the page.
Phtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 02:10 AM   #15
mntruthseeker
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phtha View Post
Can someone link a direct PDF file for this book, so that I can save as from this thread? I can't load the page.

Go here and you can download this book and the other one called The New Call

http://www.thenewcall.org/book_download.

Thank you for the wonderful link Beautiful books
mntruthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 02:45 AM   #16
Phtha
Avalon Senior Member

tankya mnt!

And here is the same link but with the missing 'htm' found.
http://www.thenewcall.org/book_download.htm
Phtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 11:57 PM   #17
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gevaudan View Post
As a note of interest, I just found this info while searching the title of the aforementioned book:

http://www.religionnewsblog.com/2103...-divine-plan-2

Seems the supposed author is missing? Hummm....

Well, I can say from experience that one should take everything with a grain of salt. This link seems to try to link this info with a 'doomsday cult,' but aren't all religions doomsday cults in essence?

If there is one thing I have learned over the years it is that 'truthbearers' are often demonized and labeled with words that carry a certain stigma to distract a would-be audience from deciding for themselves the truth of the matter. In my world the message, not the messenger, is what counts.

The discernment continues...

G
Wow, Gevaudan ! very interesting

Thanks for your openness at posting this. One can only speculate as to the truth behind this article. Anything could have happened to this guy. I would have thought that 4000 copies worldwide might be considered a 'flop' rather than a cult ! (probably more than that downloaded via googlebooks for sure!)

However it bears out my (personal) feeling, that anyone who cites reasoned or intuitive facts as such is not always being terribly truthful.

Let's say I imagine there are fifty levels of angels... and I have an idea why this is so.. I can write this... but it doesn't make it right.

In so many testimonies, there is a grain of truth that resonates with the reader... it leads you in... and sometimes, our imagination fills in the other blanks.

I feel like I'm someone special, so it could be that I agreed to be here to help. But I have to remember that someone saying this doesn't make it so, even if I'd like to believe it

But no worry, it does feel as if we're all going to be discovering one 'truth' after another in the next couple of years.

that's just how I feel , but I'm not going to write a book on it (I might just stick to posting )

Thanks again for the thread, I'm still going to read the book !

K