Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2010, 12:10 AM   #26
eleni
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 865
Default Re: Cliff High on Veritas: Jan 5/2010

Mel provides a beautiful format and charges very little for it.

I am grateful he does this
eleni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:14 AM   #27
ISIS
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto/Markham....Ontario.. CANADA.
Posts: 49
Default Re: Cliff High on Veritas: Jan 5/2010

I have read through all the posting here and it saddens me to hear so many people attacking Mel....and his show...

I need to place my opinion here, for it is only my opinion for what its worth, and I don't expect anyone to come down on me for it...

I am grateful for Mels work and his show "Veritas", after long contemplating, I decided to join a membership, - and yes, I'm enjoying his archived materials...
I like his style, his guests, and I get more information from his guests than anyone else....
I'm not saying that I don't listen to other hosts from other shows..because I do, and I also pay for others as well....this is my choosing!

We are living in a time where just about everything has a $ charge...think twice if you think there are many things for free. Because where I come from, even if you think your getting it for free, your AREN"T!
eg: I don't use a library, - but its free where I live, and people use it....GUESS WHAT, - I pay the library from my house taxes...SO IT'S NOT FREE....I pay for a service /product, but never use it....wouldn't you then say I was being robbed, or should have my taxes reduced to compansate me for it? hm? I would think?
But that doesn't happen, not here...

I have taken many courses, seminars, lectures, and worshops - and guess what? I have payed for them all...no one twisted my arms to take them, but I did to up grade my education in whatever I chose....

I include: As a REIKI MASTER it is suggested that all forms of service must have a form of exhange whether it be monetary or equivelant in order for exchange to be complete....
FREBBIESSSS do exist, I have given freeebbbieeesss also to students, clients and friends from time to time when the occasion rose....
Mel is also doing his part as he sees fit....

I ask you this , When was the last time YOU gave your Service for FREE, or a product for free, and how often before it made a dent in your pocket?

I'm not holding anyone accountable here, just putting my two cent worth...
Mel keep up the good work,

God Bless
ISIS

ISIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:16 AM   #28
Myplanet2
In The Mists
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,133
Default Re: Cliff High on Veritas: Jan 5/2010

Yes, Mel gets everything right, except for the part where he thinks it's ok to manipulate people into buying product they didn't ask for, in order to hear the rest of what they've already been given for free. Nice site, good interviews, lets people talk without unnecessary interruption, intelligent questions, etc.

Would be the best in the business except for the business model.
Myplanet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 01:13 AM   #29
Dood
Avalon Golden Oldie
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 36
Default Re: Cliff High on Veritas: Jan 5/2010

Wow...Talk about Bustin Mel's Bal...err..Chops.

Manipulation? With his Pre-views? I call it Marketing!
He is Marketing a Service! What is wrong with that? NOTHING!
The Pre-Views are very well done. Right down to the sound effects and music.
As also is his show.

Mel has been up front from the beginning. He is covering his costs and his TIME!
Time is valuable. He has to balance his time for this and his family.
Mel has told me on more then one occasion that he does not want to break up his family and hurt the people he holds dear.
He has seen that in the 'Radio Business'. He doesn't want his wife and children to become casualties and victims.

All these 'Ideas' that are being thrown at Mel on HOW to run 'his business'...Well, I'd say: "Do It Yourselves" if you think it is so easy.
Go out and start up a website and acquire the people to interview and just do it yourselves if you believe you have a better way of doing it.
Put up or Shut up!
There is no NEED to rip on Mel because you do not like how he runs 'his business'.
It is after all HIS BUSINESS.
You got a better way...then DO IT!

I pay for my Comcast Cable every month. To get what I truly want out of Comcast I then have to buy a 'package'.
Getting the High Definition Channels then I have to purchase the more expensive 'Packages'.
Also by having Comcast as my TV provider it makes my Internet less expensive.
There are many channels I do not watch but, in order to get what I want I have to pay for all of it.
There is no ala cart!
PLUS, there are other people in our household and they have their wants/needs that they want to see on TV.
I have to consider them.

I just paid for Mel's SERVICE at the beginning of November after my 3 month was up which was my own 'trial period' to see if I saw any VALUE in it.
I paid $79.50 for one year. I can live with that and I am out of work right now too.
(Hell, if I was him I would not even allow the 1st part to be downloadable to people that do not subscribe.
If they want to listen then they have to listen at the time it is 'playing' or maybe allow people to Stream It at anytime but, no downloading until you are a subscriber.
However, Mel doesn't do that)


That is all it is. THAT is the Kicker...VALUE! If someone sees VALUE in what Mel is producing then there is a MARKET for that.
He is doing a lot of work to get this information out for people in a format that I enjoy and once again see VALUE to it.
Others may not...Freedom of Choice. Go somewhere else and find your information.
No one is forcing this show on anyone.
Mel happens to package it up in a wonderful format. It is well produced.
It is easy to operate/use and the best thing is I can download the programs for listening when I want too.
Also for the last month I have not listened to any shows....yet!
I have not had the time. But, I can DOWNLOAD it and listen later and I will.
This is the beauty of his format for me...It can work around my schedule.
I do not have to follow anyone else's schedule...just my own.

Mel doesn't hog the mic. He ALLOWS his guests to speak without derailing their thoughts.
If he ever does have to take a break or whatever then the guests have always been giving the opportunity to speak THEIR minds.
He doesn't have his own agenda to push like I have seen with other people that host shows.
He doesn't STEP all over his guests with any agenda what so ever.
That is VALUABLE to me.

He also asks people like us what questions WE would ask.
I LIKE that. In other words...Mel has ALWAYS been approachable.
I have never seen him on a high horse or aloof with anyone.
To be able to let him know what questions that WE would like being asked is a good thing.
Once again...Valuable!

I have gotten to know Mel a bit and he has always been generous with his time and always has been professional and polite.
I can see having questions to ask him. I never seen Mel try to hide anything...
However, this accusing Mel of manipulation and deception is a cheap shot...A REAL Cheap Shot and disingenuous!
Dood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 01:34 AM   #30
Myplanet2
In The Mists
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,133
Default Re: Cliff High on Veritas: Jan 5/2010

Yes, I know he walks on water and yada yada, but pay attention here Dood....What Mel does is deceptive marketing. He does NOT tell people in advance that when they listen to the free part, that the second part has to be paid for along with three months of other stuff they may have no interest in. He lets them listen and then springs the "and if you enjoyed this and want the other half, go subscribe real quick because we'll be right back".

Don't tell me somebody can't make a decent living without resorting to that kind of stuff.
Myplanet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 01:45 AM   #31
Lightpotential
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: England
Posts: 64
Default Re: Cliff High on Veritas: Jan 5/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myplanet2 View Post
He lets them listen and then springs the "and if you enjoyed this and want the other half, go subscribe real quick because we'll be right back".

Don't tell me somebody can't make a decent living without resorting to that kind of stuff.
Dear MyPlanet...this is marketing. I see nothing sinister or immoral as such in this. Very shortly, I am to be publishing my own book, and intend to try to sell it through my website. I can only hope to God that I am able to write good copy

LP
Lightpotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 01:57 AM   #32
Myplanet2
In The Mists
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,133
Default Re: Cliff High on Veritas: Jan 5/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightpotential View Post
Dear MyPlanet...this is marketing. I see nothing sinister or immoral as such in this. Very shortly, I am to be publishing my own book, and intend to try to sell it through my website. I can only hope to God that I am able to write good copy

LP
I'm not against marketing. Just deceptive marketing. Would you ever think to pretend your book is free, let people read half of it, and then spring on them "and if you want to read the rest, you've got to pay, and not only for the rest of the book, but for the next 11 books as well.".

I'm sure your book is brilliant. What's it about?
Myplanet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 02:23 AM   #33
Northern Boy
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: On this Rock
Posts: 1,390
Default Re: Cliff High on Veritas: Jan 5/2010

Great post Dood
If Mel had a show that no one showed interest in this thread surely wouldn`t exist the fact that he produces an outstanding product that is in demand is a testament to his skills and abilities . Sure we all wish it could be free and maybe some day it will be but he is only doing it to try and break even . I am quite sure he is not rolling in a cesspool of money the fact you get the first hour free is a bonus he doesn`t have to include it only leaves you wanting more . If you think about it its worth it or would you rather spend that money on cigarettes
Northern Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 02:24 AM   #34
Dood
Avalon Golden Oldie
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 36
Default Re: Cliff High on Veritas: Jan 5/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myplanet2 View Post
Yes, I know he walks on water and yada yada, but pay attention here Dood....What Mel does is deceptive marketing. He does NOT tell people in advance that when they listen to the free part, that the second part has to be paid for along with three months of other stuff they may have no interest in. He lets them listen and then springs the "and if you enjoyed this and want the other half, go subscribe real quick because we'll be right back".

Don't tell me somebody can't make a decent living without resorting to that kind of stuff.
BS! Here is the Veritas Main Page as of a few minutes ago...


Seems up front to me... Click HERE: The Veritas Show's Main Link

MyPlanet if you are having such sour grapes about this then START your OWN Site and do it yourself.
Put up or shut up! Show all of us on how it should be done by YOUR standards!

What Mel allows for the 1st half of his show for FREE and happens to be the GENEROUS part.
He doesn't have to do that.
He announces with in each show at the beginning that there are 2 parts and the 2nd part you need a subscription to listen to it.
You make it sound as if people get to the end of the 1st part and then he says that....
Not the case...

And who said Mel walks on water? You did! EDIT: And another 'Cheap Shot'!
Do not put words into my mouth or insinuate that is what I believe.
Talk about DECEPTION and MANIPULATION....

Last edited by Dood; 01-07-2010 at 02:39 AM.
Dood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 02:46 AM   #35
singularitylight
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Posts: 10
Default Re: Cliff High on Veritas: Jan 5/2010

Mel, you are doing a great job and in my opinion are presenting possibly the highest quality and intelligent info on the web and without any unnecessary song and dance. Don't waste any more of your time responding this nonsense here, which you bother to do out of your own sense of integrity. You might seriously consider charging that small fee for the ENTIRE interview. Only those who never grew up feel entitled to "free" . Some people need to understand we live in 3D and food and rent and electricity are required.

I always considered it a favour, a gift to the public that the first part of the interview was free and allowed the individual to determine if he or she wanted more of the product. No worries, Mel, if you just gave it all away and you and your family just lived on light, water, and air under an over pass, there would still be some one finding fault with you. The pittance you charge keeps you honest and keeps you from being influenced by the money of hidden interests. Keep going - the only thing I would scold you for perhaps is wasting your time and your "brain cells" here.
singularitylight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 03:14 AM   #36
Myplanet2
In The Mists
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,133
Default Re: Cliff High on Veritas: Jan 5/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dood View Post
BS! Here is the Veritas Main Page as of a few minutes ago...

Seems up front to me... Click HERE: The Veritas Show's Main Link

MyPlanet if you are having such sour grapes about this then START your OWN Site and do it yourself.
Put up or shut up! Show all of us on how it should be done by YOUR standards!

What Mel allows for the 1st half of his show for FREE and happens to be the GENEROUS part.
He doesn't have to do that.
He announces with in each show at the beginning that there are 2 parts and the 2nd part you need a subscription to listen to it.
You make it sound as if people get to the end of the 1st part and then he says that....
Not the case...

And who said Mel walks on water? You did! EDIT: And another 'Cheap Shot'!
Do not put words into my mouth or insinuate that is what I believe.
Talk about DECEPTION and MANIPULATION....
Not quite sure what you're talking about dood. I just went back and listened to the last one of these shows I caught from the beginning, and there was not one word about getting to hear the first half free and being shut out of the second half until you pay. Not until the END of the 1st half. So when you say "He announces with in each show at the beginning that there are 2 parts and the 2nd part you need a subscription to listen to it.
You make it sound as if people get to the end of the 1st part and then he says that....
Not the case..." you are just out and out lying, or you didn't bother to check.

I have no interest in doing one of these shows. Whistleblowers are all blown out. I spend hundreds of hours of my time being of service to people and dime one has yet to change hands. And I don't go chasing people with lawyers.

Finally, dood, telling people to shut up is pretty rude, don't you think?
Myplanet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 03:25 AM   #37
Thunderbird
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 309
Default Re: Cliff High on Veritas: Jan 5/2010



I want to make something clear here....

I have been proposing a workable concept that would grow Mel's business, Camelot's business and pretty much any body's business whose on the web with an audience. Not to mention build a stronger community and link it with others. I spent a lot of time learning how to do it.

And yes i have used it myself to generate tens of thousands of dollars.

I dont give a flyin goat fart whether or not people charge for their intellectual "service" or market it. Good on em. I dont care if you dont think i "get it." You would be surprised at just how much i do get.

I like getting my ticket free. I like getting paid to show up somewhere. I like not waiting in line at venues. Thats ME. successful me. Its the nature of my character and my medicine. I get it on principle. I help people and they appreciate me. Unless they are arrogant and/or fearful with something to hide. then i take note and say alla mahkuun. maktub.

the chips fall where creator has them fall no matter how powerful they think they are. All the nations bow before truth. That goes for men and sky nations. its been written.

What i really want is for these "cutting edge" information sites is to
1. reach AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE
2. be AS EFFECTIVE AS POSSIBLE
3. be SELF SUSTAINING

Im a bit of an a$$ unless you know me. I like bein that way. creator is just fine with it and helps me weed out the badguys. But i am here to help.

i dont care whether or not im listened to. I dont care whether mel uses the idea and can transition to full time veritasian.

ok actually i do care about that. it would be awesome for him and i know it to be the case because i can hear the good in his heart when he speaks. but ***** it would be awesome for Camelot to do it too and be self sustaining.

but we are all really just monkeys tryin to figure out the game still huh? judging things before we even understand them.

throwin poo at people we dont deem worthy of our refined tastes instead of listening without judgement.

even to a$$holes doing their best at breaking the chains of ignorance.

takes some poop throwin to get attention sometimes i guess....

heyok

let me give you some dog meat.

-Your Friendly (albeit flippant) Neighborhood Thunderbird
Thunderbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 03:27 AM   #38
Thunderbird
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 309
Default Re: Cliff High on Veritas: Jan 5/2010

"even to a$$holes doing their best at breaking the chains of ignorance."

I meant me incase anybody took that personally.

im the douchbag. i was referencing myself.
Thunderbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 03:44 AM   #39
Enlightenme
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 36
Default Re: Cliff High on Veritas: Jan 5/2010

Mel, I recently subscribed to your service and am enjoying it. A lot of the interviews Cliff does on other shows are with some pretty flakey hosts. You do a great job!
Enlightenme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 03:50 AM   #40
Myplanet2
In The Mists
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,133
Default Re: Cliff High on Veritas: Jan 5/2010

Have you written your ideas up here before? I saw that you touched on it earlier in this thread, and that suggestion looks like it would depend on quite a few people participating. Is that correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbird View Post


I want to make something clear here....

I have been proposing a workable concept that would grow Mel's business, Camelot's business and pretty much any body's business whose on the web with an audience. Not to mention build a stronger community and link it with others. I spent a lot of time learning how to do it.

And yes i have used it myself to generate tens of thousands of dollars.

I dont give a flyin goat fart whether or not people charge for their intellectual "service" or market it. Good on em. I dont care if you dont think i "get it." You would be surprised at just how much i do get.

I like getting my ticket free. I like getting paid to show up somewhere. I like not waiting in line at venues. Thats ME. successful me. Its the nature of my character and my medicine. I get it on principle. I help people and they appreciate me. Unless they are arrogant and/or fearful with something to hide. then i take note and say alla mahkuun. maktub.

the chips fall where creator has them fall no matter how powerful they think they are. All the nations bow before truth. That goes for men and sky nations. its been written.

What i really want is for these "cutting edge" information sites is to
1. reach AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE
2. be AS EFFECTIVE AS POSSIBLE
3. be SELF SUSTAINING

Im a bit of an a$$ unless you know me. I like bein that way. creator is just fine with it and helps me weed out the badguys. But i am here to help.

i dont care whether or not im listened to. I dont care whether mel uses the idea and can transition to full time veritasian.

ok actually i do care about that. it would be awesome for him and i know it to be the case because i can hear the good in his heart when he speaks. but ***** it would be awesome for Camelot to do it too and be self sustaining.

but we are all really just monkeys tryin to figure out the game still huh? judging things before we even understand them.

throwin poo at people we dont deem worthy of our refined tastes instead of listening without judgement.

even to a$$holes doing their best at breaking the chains of ignorance.

takes some poop throwin to get attention sometimes i guess....

heyok

let me give you some dog meat.

-Your Friendly (albeit flippant) Neighborhood Thunderbird
Myplanet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 03:53 AM   #41
Dood
Avalon Golden Oldie
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 36
Default Re: Cliff High on Veritas: Jan 5/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myplanet2 View Post
Finally, dood, telling people to shut up is pretty rude, don't you think?
No I do not....why? Because I am not the one that is ignorant of the Figure of Speech!
READ THIS!

I am not the one that has been rude. You have been by making ignorant remarks and accusations that do not hold water.

You went out of your way to tell Mel how to run his business when you yourself have not even tried to do it.
Do you even understand HOW to run a business?

That is what 'Put Up Or Shut Up' means!
Stop complaining and make the change yourself.
Dood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 04:14 AM   #42
Myplanet2
In The Mists
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,133
Default Re: Cliff High on Veritas: Jan 5/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dood View Post
No I do not....why? Because I am not the one that is ignorant of the Figure of Speech!
READ THIS!

I am not the one that has been rude. You have been by making ignorant remarks and accusations that do not hold water.

You went out of your way to tell Mel how to run his business when you yourself have not even tried to do it.
Do you even understand HOW to run a business?

That is what 'Put Up Or Shut Up' means!
Stop complaining and make the change yourself.
Well, I said what needed saying, and anyone who read this thread will now be able to make an informed decision. deception and manipulation free. I'm done with the topic, except to here more about thunderbirds idea if he wants to share. Or until the next time I see Mell waving his lawyer around. sheesh.
Myplanet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 11:14 AM   #43
swordsmith
Unsubscribed
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: south east uk
Posts: 379
Default Re: Cliff High on Veritas: Jan 5/2010

I've got nothing personal against mel or his business model, though I much prefer the sound of Thunderbird's bm .

All I can say is I listened to the first half of the Judy Wood interview and even though it obviously peeled mel's eyeballs open, none of it was information I did not already know, and all of that information ( and more) was available for free elsewhere. Selling other people's FREE information just seems to have a slight whiff of parasitism to me, but I'm funny that way.

I don't know about Judy, but Andrew Johnson ( a British colleague of Dr. Wood) , has contributed enormous amounts of time and energy to the furthering of hard truth and he does not get a dime. He may get recompense ( travelling expenses?) when he actually does a lecture and people physically attend, but jeeeeze.... and he sells CDs with HOURS and HOURS of material at only the cost of the CD.
Mel would not have a show without the people who do this work for nothing but they do it precisely because it is the right thing to do.
I do not know if I would have learned anything from the second half of mel's Wood interview, though I was promised it. I will just go back to Wood's site and buy her book when it is available, and be very glad to.

Also, here on Avalon, we have seen what happened trying to make money from subscriptions.
I just get an unpleasant feeling seeing mel come here vociferously defending his copyright and threats etc for what is basically other people's material. mel, methinks you doth protest too much, let it go man .
swordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:40 PM   #44
gibonos
Avalon Senior Member
 
gibonos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 192
Default Re: Cliff High on Veritas: Jan 5/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myplanet2 View Post
Yes, he's free to choose how he operates, and if he's using manipulative business practices, anyone so inclined to do so, is free to point them out, so people can make informed decisions

I don't see it as manipulation, just proper editing to attract as many people as he can.

He doesn good interviews, although it is distracting when a guest starts talking about something, and Mel interrupts to say he wants to save that tidbit for the second (paid for) hour. And I wouldn't really call asking a guest a question in the free half, and answering it in the paid half good interviewing either.

He can do whatever he want's. Name a better interviewer than mel.



double what?? Mel can support his family any way he likes. Nobody objects to someone earning a living. It's using manipulative business practices and chasing people around with lawyers that smells. If the content stood on it's own, it could just be offered for sale. Packaging fluff interviews with desirable ones and charging for content one doesn't want in order to get content one does, is manipulative. And saying if you don't approve, don't listen and don't complain, is pretty
Would you accuse newspapers/magazines too? Why they don't sell single articles at discount prise
or a movie with your favourite actress, you just want the naked sceen,
but you pay for whole movie.

gibonos

ps. if you don't appreciate his work, write clif an email with your own questions
gibonos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:56 PM   #45
gibonos
Avalon Senior Member
 
gibonos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 192
Default Re: Cliff High on Veritas: Jan 5/2010

swordsmith

Quote:
go for it my planet, thunderbird ,the only site I choose to subscribe to is redice, no teasers, ( hate that) no moaning and they give TONS away for free, I also think it's nice of them not to mind that mel has pretty much ripped off their site graphics /layout etc, wow ! or is it just uncanny how similar they look?
http://www.redicecreations.com/radio/nonsubscriber.php
Mel, you must spend a lot of time on policing this copyright bs, you DON'T own the information, your guests do, and is it really worth your va£uable time ? You seem like a dog with a bone, I've never seen anyone so here there and everywhere on this nonsense. I notice you do not pay the people you interview, so right there that counts me out.
Henrik does a good job, but compare his interview with clif to mels, its like league one to premiership.

I also think someone has to take care of projectavalon forum, it looks like they riped the format from others, even the emoticons. :-)

If the guest owns the content than host owns the questions, without questions there is no interview. Make your own show, your own format and do whatever you want, you can even charge by a second, but only those parts that are worth it.

Wonder why Camelot radio wasn't so passinately debated, poor sound quality and lots of commercials?

Let Mel make his own choices and leave him alone, if he wanted a new business model I'm sure he would ask us all for advice, let him exercise his free will.

I thought most of us were "highly evolved, spiritual beings" ;-)

gibonos
gibonos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 02:04 PM   #46
Myplanet2
In The Mists
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,133
Default Re: Cliff High on Veritas: Jan 5/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibonos View Post
Would you accuse newspapers/magazines too? Why they don't sell single articles at discount prise
or a movie with your favourite actress, you just want the naked sceen,
but you pay for whole movie.

gibonos

ps. if you don't appreciate his work, write clif an email with your own questions
Those aren't fair comparisons. News papers and magazines now DO charge by the article in their online versions where that's feasible. But they sell individual articles at a premium price.

The movie analogy also doesn't work. You'd have to let people think they were getting in to a movie for free, then stop it half way through and say they had to pay for the rest, PLUS pay for the next 11 movies too, whether they wanted them or not.

You see the difference?
Myplanet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 02:07 PM   #47
Myplanet2
In The Mists
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,133
Default Re: Cliff High on Veritas: Jan 5/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibonos

Henrik does a good job, but compare his interview with clif to mels, its like league one to premiership.


gibonos
The most challenging and mind stretching interview with Clif was done by Michael St Clairs group in Germany last year. They got Clif where HE lives. But Mel's interview was good.
Myplanet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:32 PM   #48
gibonos
Avalon Senior Member
 
gibonos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 192
Default Re: Cliff High on Veritas: Jan 5/2010

Quote:
Those aren't fair comparisons. News papers and magazines now DO charge by the article in their online versions where that's feasible. But they sell individual articles at a premium price.
we are both guys so I can put Playboy as an example,
most people are most interested in those three segments, where you have those naked pics, majority of men having the option of paying less, but no text would go for it.
so they pay premium even though they are not interested in articles and end up reading some of this nlp stuff and buy onother one next month

Quote:
The movie analogy also doesn't work. You'd have to let people think they were getting in to a movie for free, then stop it half way through and say they had to pay for the rest, PLUS pay for the next 11 movies too, whether they wanted them or not.
if it doesn't work for you, lets try Friends, you only want one episode, but still have to buy the dvd or whole season for that matter

Quote:
The most challenging and mind stretching interview with Clif was done by Michael St Clairs group in Germany last year. They got Clif where HE lives. But Mel's interview was good.
it was good, but it's more new age, post 2012 than fact like mel does

gibonos
gibonos is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Project Avalon