Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > News And Updates

Notices

Old 09-25-2009, 07:10 PM   #1
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

Thumbs up Ron Paul & Michelle Bachmann Student Town Hall ~ Minneaplis - 9/25 WATCH LIVE

Next Up: Ron Paul & Michelle Bachmann Student Town Hall ~ U Minn - Tonight: 7pm CT, 8pm ET - Streaming Link Here

Posted September 25th, 2009 by Michael Nystrom

Update: Live Stream Links: Jeff Frazee of Young Americans for Liberty sent this info along, including these links to watch & listen to the event over a live stream:

Video: mms://wmv.uvs.umn.edu/paul-bachman/video

Audio: mms://wmv.uvs.umn.edu/paul-bachman/audio

The links appear only to work with Windows media player. If you don't have it installed, especially if you're using a Mac, try this open source player which should support the format:

VLC media player SEE LINKS ->

CONTINUES and LINKS: http://www.dailypaul.com/node/106518
peaceandlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 07:50 PM   #2
mntruthseeker
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Ron Paul & Michelle Bachmann Student Town Hall ~ Minneaplis - 9/25 WATCH LIVE

Watched this and it quickly got me angry. I am going to pass on this and just focus on change with intent
mntruthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 12:36 AM   #3
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Ron Paul & Michelle Bachmann Student Town Hall ~ Minneaplis - 9/25 WATCH LIVE

Blessings MN,

I'm confused how you could have watched Ron and Michelle since it only started 35 minutes ago.

Unfortunately my Mac is not managing the VLC download. I'll have to watch it when it gets to youtube, dang.

PaL
Old 09-26-2009, 12:38 AM   #4
mntruthseeker
Avalon Senior Member

no when I went there, it was others talking and they were talking about how many milliions of dollars it cost to do any amendments to the bill. Such tactics anger me.

I do want to hear what they have to say, I should of been more clearer, sorry
Old 09-26-2009, 01:20 AM   #5
Northern Boy
Avalon Senior Member

Just watched Ron`s speech for a republican he doesn`t sound like one If i was an American i could see myself voting for this man if he kept his word once elected
Northern Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 01:33 AM   #6
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

I don't understand why people take Bachman seriously, especially after she's made some pretty inflammatory statements in the past.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 01:41 AM   #7
mntruthseeker
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Boy View Post
Just watched Ron`s speech for a republican he doesn`t sound like one If i was an American i could see myself voting for this man if he kept his word once elected
NB,

I did vote for him and he is brilliant. Ron is not the type to go back on his word. They never even let him appear in the debates. He has quite the followers now.

HJ
As far as Mischele goes.......Oh I better it.

Last edited by mntruthseeker; 09-26-2009 at 01:43 AM.
Old 09-26-2009, 01:42 AM   #8
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Boy View Post
Blessings Northern Boy,

Ron Paul is not a Republican in today's definition of the word, but he is definitely a roots Republican, small government....

(He did run in the Presidential race as a Republican so he could get some air time..you probably noticed there was no mainstream airtime for the Green Party, The Constitution Party or The Libertarian Party.)

He has not gone back on his word yet. He is known as "Dr. NO" in Congress because he will never vote for anything un-constitutional. He's been at it 30 years...what endurance!!!

He doesn't need teleprompters because his words are real, not some sick gobbledygook dictated for him to read!

PaL

My NEW Favorite Word!!!

Gobbledygook

Gobbledygook or gobbledegook (sometimes gobbledegoo, gobbledeegook or other forms ) is an English term used to describe nonsensical language.

Gobbledygook was coined by former U. S. Representative Maury Maverick, then working for the Smaller War Plants Corporation, in a 30 March 1944 memo banning "gobbledygook language". It was a reaction to his frustration with the "convoluted language of bureaucrats." He made up the word as an onomatopoeic imitation of a turkey's gobble.

Examples:

Nixon's Oval Office tape from June 14 shows H. R. Haldeman describing the situation to Nixon.
"To the ordinary guy, all this is a bunch of gobbledygook. But out of the gobbledygook comes a very clear thing: you can't trust the government; you can't believe what they say; and you can't rely on their judgment. And the implicit infallibility of presidents, which has been an accepted thing in America, is badly hurt by this, because it shows that people do things the President wants to do even though it's wrong, and the President can be wrong."
Continues: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gobbledygook

Last edited by peaceandlove; 09-26-2009 at 01:47 AM.
Old 09-26-2009, 01:46 AM   #9
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mntruthseeker View Post
no when I went there, it was others talking and they were talking about how many milliions of dollars it cost to do any amendments to the bill. Such tactics anger me.

I do want to hear what they have to say, I should of been more clearer, sorry
No need to be sorry....not allowed.

A friend from Minneapolis is there now listening to it all, looking forward to getting an update shortly.
Old 09-26-2009, 01:55 AM   #10
mntruthseeker
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceandlove View Post
No need to be sorry....not allowed.

A friend from Minneapolis is there now listening to it all, looking forward to getting an update shortly.
I am kicking myself in the butt now because I can't get the video. I am sure it will get on you tube.

No this is the man that I think we can focus on to be the one that would do us proud as our President but of course TPTB would not have allowed that. They couldn't even stand the thought he has a huge attendence here in St Paul during the RNC.....he had his own spot. They ridiculed him on the few times he did get up there. Same as Dennis Kuchinvic......It was rather pathetic but they didn't buckle down under.
Old 09-28-2009, 06:16 AM   #11
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

Blessings MN,

My friend who attended the Student Town Hall meeting, barely, he even arrived early and nearly didn't make it in.(about 2000 in attendance according to an article I read, although my friend thought it was more like 4000)

He stated that not many people were cheering or applauding Michelle Bachmann, especially when she talked about supporting war, even some boos.

When Ron Paul was announced the crowd roared and standing ovations throughout the speech as you will hear here.

It appears she is trying to ride on Ron Paul's coattails...I understand what you have been saying about her lately, although she does support "Audit of The Fed" and that's good.

PaL

This is a great speech by Dr. Paul and he even comments on the G20 meetings happening the same day along with the Fed Hearing.

Ron Paul's Speech, with Michele Bachmann

VIDEO (37:01): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YleZcGvr5UQ

Slipping this in after the fact:

Rep Bachmann's Intro To Ron Paul

VIDEO (15:30): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJyYi...eature=related

Last edited by peaceandlove; 09-29-2009 at 06:25 AM.
Old 09-28-2009, 03:32 PM   #12
mntruthseeker
Avalon Senior Member

Yes, Ron Paul had a very good write up in our paper and its bias as hell.

They also reported 2000 which is par for the course......they always see half of the picture.

I know that we love Dr Paul here !
Old 09-28-2009, 05:12 PM   #13
Samarkis
Avalon Senior Member

I would just like to say that Ron Paul is an amazing Human Being that is a Lionheart! May his light gain more might & successes come easily! He has been unfairly thwarted from the gitgo & people are realizing it more & more........

The only issue that really needs to be addressed in his stance, is how to do massive changes for the better........We don't have 30 years to do important changes...........and we do need to stand up to some of the strongest lobbyists......energy to free energy sources,from health care to Preventative Health(pennies on the dollar nutrition that has worked for animal husbandry for years-otherwise our hamburgers would have cost $200 per pound!),One bill passing at a time instead of slipping groups in under the wire!!,Transparency of the fed Res. & budgets!! We , as people will have to step up..........we will have to refuse ANYTHING that is not in decency...........And demand the progress that is past due!!

Strength and light to all that work for Humanity's higher good!!
Samarkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 06:23 AM   #14
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samarkis View Post
The only issue that really needs to be addressed in his stance, is how to do massive changes for the better........We don't have 30 years to do important changes...........and we do need to stand up to some of the strongest lobbyists......energy to free energy sources,from health care to Preventative Health(pennies on the dollar nutrition that has worked for animal husbandry for years-otherwise our hamburgers would have cost $200 per pound!),One bill passing at a time instead of slipping groups in under the wire!!,Transparency of the fed Res. & budgets!! We , as people will have to step up..........we will have to refuse ANYTHING that is not in decency...........And demand the progress that is past due!!

Strength and light to all that work for Humanity's higher good!!
Thank you Samarkis,

The key seems to be to vote them out at the local level. Change the government first where you live. Only problem is people are so brainwashed it's challenging to get through to them. TURN OFF THE TV!!!

I missed this part about Questions and Answers.

Ron Paul and Michelle Bachmann Q & A

Posted September 29th, 2009 by radiofriendly

The Q & A after the student town hall featuring Representatives Michele Bachmann of Minnesota and Ron Paul.

VIDEO (10:01): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKN_J..._embedded#t=35

SOURCE: http://www.dailypaul.com/
Old 09-29-2009, 04:49 PM   #15
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Why are people ignoring my question?

Why are you placing Michelle Bachmann on a pedestal?

http://thinkprogress.org/2009/03/23/...and-dangerous/
http://features.csmonitor.com/politi...bama-statement

And don't give me that **** about her being a "media victim." We need to stop putting negative people on pedestals.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 05:42 PM   #16
mntruthseeker
Avalon Senior Member

I am not ignoring your question HJ, I actually have not placed anyone up on a petastal.

I am seeing the good of what Mischelle has done. It was her invitation that prompted Dr Ron Paul on the stage here in Minnesota. That was very gracious and generous of her and not something she had to do. I think it's an important big step in the right direction for us. I have much admiration for her and it also shows the good in her.

There is good in everyone. You are one of them in this forum that keeps pointing that out to the rest of us with Obama. Wihich is a good thing.