Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 03-16-2010, 10:30 PM   #1
dddanieljjjamesss
Avalon Senior Member

Default requesting info about archetypes

I'm basically just starting this thread seeking info, rather than presenting any.
I'm sorry if there is a thread that goes into greater detail already, if you could link me via pm or respond here, then the mods can delete this.

Otherwise maybe this would be a good place to center a new discussion. I have seen the word used a lot,
and I have just recently been introduced the idea of higher aspects of self and archetypes -
I have my own idea but it is hard to communicate to most people using a particular metaphor,
which comes to me through comic books, oddly enough.. that may sound kind of weird but that "medium"
and a few particular writers have just been able to show me things and get my mind working on certain concepts.
Its definitely not something I can describe accurately with words.

What do you know? How do you define the terms, and how do they appear to you on a personal level?
Lots of people on the forum present this information and to me I feel like I need a decoder ring.
And that isn't meant as offence against anyone, some things are just hard to wrap my head around - especially when we're using language.
dddanieljjjamesss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:41 PM   #2
tone3jaguar
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: requesting info about archetypes

You want to look into Tarot
tone3jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 11:10 PM   #3
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

[See http://www.a-w-i-p.com/index.php/201...gy-the-importa for part one.]

http://www.a-w-i-p.com/index.php/201...gy-lemgthe-imp

The Ancient Art of Arkhelogy: The Importance of the Core Self and Core Writing03/14/10
Jennifer van Bergen
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 12:33 AM   #4
dddanieljjjamesss
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks both of you for the swift response

and eXchanger - that link is really relevent to me because i've had a severe writers block forever (and my writing has been one of my saving graces.)

thanks a bunch, again

i am still curious of how this filters down the line into a personal experience, I imagine people have plenty of useful memes in helping describe it
dddanieljjjamesss is offline   Reply With Quote