Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 03-04-2010, 05:43 PM   #1
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Default Livingin Lak'esch

Living In Lak'ech'
Becoming One With All Life

Aluna Joy Yaxkin
August 1997

When I was a child I was taught "Do unto others as you would have done unto you." Of course this was taught to keep me from doing bad things to my friends. I learned that doing harmful things to others meant they most likely would return the energy. Because of this teaching, I was kind to my brothers and sisters many times out of fear, instead of love. The Inca laws of harmony are similar ... Amu Llulla, Amu Quella and Amu Sua meaning Do not Lie, Do not steal, Do not be lazy. These laws of harmony are posted at many border crossings as you enter Peru, reminding us to be honorable to one another. Many times in travels within Peru you'll be greeted with Amu Llulla, Amu Quella and Amu Sua.

In Mayan tradition there is a greeting that many people working with Mayan wisdom know of. It is In Lak'ech. We understand In Lak'ech to mean I am another yourself (A modern day interpretation) and also means I am you, and You are me (A traditional Mayan interpretation) We have come to understand that this Mayan greeting is an honoring for each other and a statement of unity. In Lak'ech mirrors the same sediment of other beautiful greetings such as Namaste for East India and Wiracocha for the Inca. The Maya greeting, In Lak'ech goes beyond these unity statements and what I learned as a child. What few understand is that In Lak'ech is more that an honorable Maya greeting. It is a moral code. It is a way to live, not only with human beings, but with ALL forms of life in our cosmos!

When one lives the Mayan code of In Lak'ech, we understand that everything we do in this dimension effects all life and spirit in the cosmos, either in a positive or negative way, depending on our actions and motivations. As Mayan Elder, Hunbatz Men teaches, we can say In Lak'ech to each other, In Lak'ech to the trees, In Lak'ech to the sky, In Lak'ech to the birds, In Lak'ech to the stars and so on. This action of In Lak'ech is honoring and acknowledging our intimate connection and unity with all life. When we live the code of In Lak'ech we send essential energy filled with love and respect to other life forms. Solely focusing on the avoidance of causing harm is a neutral action. One is not harmed, but none benefits from the connection either. When we practice In Lak'ech, we are producing and sending positive and vital energy to all other forms of life. When we practice In Lak'ech we quit being neutral and take action in a positive way by adding to the positive experience of being connected with all life. When we practice In Lak'ech with a tree, the tree benefits from the interaction. Remember when you give your energy to any other life form you are also giving to yourself! You do not give your energy away to something separate from yourself. You are giving to another part of yourself!

Living the wisdom of In Lak'ech can also be applied to the unseen worlds. The realm of spirit benefits by our positive interactions with it. Applying In Lak'ech with the unseen worlds is a very important and vital action. Mayan Elder, Hunbatz Men's teacher and uncle, Don Beto said "Modern civilization is losing respect for all that comes from the Great Spirit. Many of the different animals that I used to see around this jungle are physically gone, the big trees are gone too. Everything is disappearing physically and my spirit grieves for this reason. I always implore the sacred Hunab K'u that we are not left without the essence-spirit of all that is gone and that, some day, He sends again the physical beauty we no longer see." Here Don Beto was sharing with us how to practice In Lak'ech with the unseen world so life will continue to manifest in our beautiful 3D reality. A subtle action of living In Lak'ech is honoring all life by giving back to that which gives to us. Instead of solely taking from the spirit world by asking for insight and direction, give back your heart, love, and appreciation to the unseen worlds and the Great Spirit. The world of the Great Spirit is where we came from, and without it we would not be here at all. Remember you are that unseen world and that world is YOU! When you give to that unseen world you are giving to yourself.

In a bigger picture you can also practice In Lak'ech with other dimensions. We can practice In Lak'ech with the lower dimensions from which we evolved. We can practice In Lak'ech with the higher dimensions and prepare a place to where we can evolve. In our limiting and linear 3D reality, it is easy for us to forget about honoring other worlds that are an intimate part of our existence.

In our spiritual path and our sacred service to humanity, we can practice In Lak'ech tirelessly because when and what we give to others is giving energy to ourselves. When we give, we receive. The more one practices In Lak'ech, the more we receive. What goes around comes around. The more humanity begins to live In Lak'ech, the less we will think in terms of our separateness. There can be no competition, jealousy or envy between us, because we are pieces of each other. We can share and help each other with our connections, ideas, resources without fear that there will be not be enough to go around. When we live the concept of unity, abundance and wholeness there is unity, abundance and wholeness!

Copyright © 1997 - Permission is granted to copy and redistribute this article on the condition that the content remains complete, full credit is given to the author(s), and that it is distributed freely.

In Lak'esch all souls from Avalon .
From my heart to yours One endless Love stream.

mudra
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 05:50 PM   #2
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Default Re: Livingin Lak'esch

Love Always
mudra
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 06:35 PM   #3
pureheart7
Retired Avalon Member

Default Re: Livingin Lak'esch

?

Last edited by pureheart7; 03-04-2010 at 09:14 PM. Reason: ?
pureheart7 is offline   Reply With Quote