Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 12-24-2009, 06:33 PM   #1
TRANCOSO
Avalon Senior Member

Default Invited by Aliens: Would You Join Them To Their Homeworld?

Imagine: you witness the landing of a UFO. A door opens & you see the occupants of the craft. They've spotted you too & start to communicate. They tell you that they originate from an Earth-like planet, many lightyears away & Earth is their last stop before they return to their homeworld.
"Perhaps you would care to join us to see with your own eyes what our planet looks like?" they ask, upon leaving.

The EBE's seem to be friendly & benevolent & promiss they'll return you at your doorstep, if you choose so.
So there you are. In an instant you have to decide whether you hop aboard an alien spacecraft & leave the whole world behind, or miss the opportunity of a lifetime by saying: "No, thank you, but not today."

What would you do?
TRANCOSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 06:36 PM   #2
Peace of mind
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Invited by Aliens: Would You Join Them To Their Homeworld?

Depends on the energy I'm picking up from them. If the vibe is right, I just might take the trip...

Peace
Peace of mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 07:13 PM   #3
TRANCOSO
Avalon Senior Member

The vibe is definitly right, nothing wrong with that.
Also, their intention to return you home - whenever you want - is sincere.

Basically it's like meeting someone new who invites you to his/hers house. Happens all the time. You go clubbing, end up at a 24/7 rave in 'Wasteland' & before you know it's 2010.
But the place you call home is still yours, & you're not on a missing persons list, because your friends /family got worried when you didn't return calls & textmessages etc.

Going to another planet is slightly different. Also, space is a dangerous place where anything can happen. I mean, it seems a great opportunity to grab, but what's the catch?
Old 12-24-2009, 07:26 PM   #4
Leunamros
Project Avalon Member

That´s too much to ask me for a first contact. If they become my friends, with enough time and trust, maybe.
Leunamros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 07:31 PM   #5
Spregovori

So the assumption is: benevolent?

YES
Old 12-24-2009, 07:34 PM   #6
Scarab
Banned

Don't accept rides from strangers. Human or otherwise.
Scarab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 07:38 PM   #7
ExhaLatioN
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANCOSO View Post
Imagine: you witness the landing of a UFO. A door opens & you see the occupants of the craft. They've spotted you too & start to communicate. They tell you that they originate from an Earth-like planet, many lightyears away & Earth is their last stop before they return to their homeworld.
"Perhaps you would care to join us to see with your own eyes what our planet looks like?" they ask, upon leaving.

What would you do?
depends on how they look, if they were all girls then hell ya. Dont know if I could hang out with some reptilians or greys though
ExhaLatioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 07:41 PM   #8
mntruthseeker
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

Going to another planet is slightly different. Also, space is a dangerous place where anything can happen. I mean, it seems a great opportunity to grab, but what's the catch?
Exactly..............whats the catch ?

seriously, I ask you, do they even ever ask ? seems to me they just take whom ever.
mntruthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 07:50 PM   #9
Spregovori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab View Post
If ET is/are benevolent..than why not take a ride?

If ET, that lands in front of me, is not benevolent....they probably wold not emm even bother asking for my opinion...and - I would get a ride (to the wonder land)
Old 12-24-2009, 07:53 PM   #10
Scarab
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spregovori View Post
If ET is/are benevolent..than why not take a ride?

If ET, that lands in front of me, is not benevolent....they probably wold not emm even bother asking for my opinion...and - I would get a ride (to the wonder land)
Ignoring the obvious and accepting the premise of this thread at face value.

How do you determine benevolence?
Old 12-24-2009, 08:08 PM   #11
Spregovori

Quote:

How do you determine benevolence?
Tough question... not sure how to answer you.

I can take a pi*s through the space craft door key hole (if it has one) and than ask them how far it went.

If they happen to eat me afterwords they are not benevolent. If they accept me as a "developing life form in the eyes of creator" than they might just leave or...take me along, equipping me with some super-tech dippers.

It is a long shot but it just might prove to be the - ultimate test.

I feel "funny" after writing this...
Old 12-24-2009, 08:08 PM   #12
TRANCOSO
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Scarab, for many years I've been travelling by thumb - all over Europe - & the worse that ever happen to me was the occasional 'older' gay driver, trying to seduce me. On the other end there was this German fashionmodel who picked me up at the German/Swiss border & offered me a ride to Rosas (Spain), in her Porche. After a 3-day interlude in a 5-star hotel in Lyon (France) she dropped me of in front of the appartment where I was gonna spend my holiday.

Personally I wouldn't hesitate & fly into the unknown aboard an alien craft. That is, if I'm allowed to smoke.
Old 12-24-2009, 08:12 PM   #13
Scarab
Banned

This is an interesting conversation to me.

The reason is it begins to touch on the whole "They don't kill me or injure me, so they must be friendly." mindset.

Then, there's the "They're so advanced they must be peaceful and loving and honest." mindset too.

Both are logical fallacies. (IMO)
Old 12-24-2009, 08:13 PM   #14
Kamikaze
Avalon Senior Member

Well just depends at where your life stands at the point of contact. Would it be detrimental or productive to go along them and risk whatever "catch" they might have for a new not everyday experience.

I would not probably go whit anyone extraterrestrial but try to glean out and look inside myself should I go or not. For certain ask a few questions to try and see if what they answer holds sincerity and the like. To go along you would need to be able to be confiedent to try and figure out if they are honest or not.
If they want you along they should be able to answer anything you ask to great extents. If they are really secret and non responsive why should you then trust them? If they are ready to take you to their home they possibly can't honestly try and keep things not revealed to you.

And they should be able to take time to "convince" you to tag along as well. If they are rushy you really should be looking deep why then they would you want along in such a rush for such a long time "intimate" commitment.

The terms simply has to be on your side completely, though you might want to stay away from ridiculous things to a extent. Though you could make some absurd request you will see hard to achieve but possible. If they are sincere they will probably agree no matter what or else they will go after "easier" prey.
Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 08:17 PM   #15
Spregovori

Quote:

The reason is it begins to touch on the whole "They don't kill me or injure me, so they must be friendly." mindset.

Then, there's the "They're so advanced they must be peaceful and loving and honest." mindset too.

You have a point there. I agree with the 2nd one. (tech != good)

(but doing the above to someones key hole and still standing afterwards = benevolent)

Perhaps it can satisfy you if I tell you than in case of an ET landing.... I would be willing to take a risk . And yes...it might kill me...but than again...so might some drunk driver next time I walk home...

the endless possibilities - true wonders of life?
Old 12-24-2009, 08:27 PM   #16
Scarab
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spregovori View Post
(but doing the above to someones key hole and still standing afterwards = benevolent)
This is what I mean.

I don't actually believe THIS scenario to be true, but I'm going to put it forth to make a point. A metaphor if you will.

What if their race values human urine as a drink. What if human urine gives them super powers that will allow them to conquer the universe? So, they taste yours, find it acceptible, offer you a ride, take you to their home. Keep you in a cage, make you drink 10 gallons of water a day and milk your pee. Then, after some number of years the pee drinkers use their super powers to take control of the universe and enslave all the races that urinate?

Now, you played a role in the enslavement of entire races throughout the universe. All because you wanted a ride.

This is just a silly example. But the point is, we tend to think that as long as they don't hurt us, they're friendly.

What if we don't know what they really want? What if what they want is something diabolical but requires us to be alive and healthy - at least for now?
Old 12-24-2009, 08:32 PM   #17
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Quote:
As long as they will drop me off back in 1992 so I can give a message to my younger me then I'm up for the ride
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 08:40 PM   #18
Spregovori

Can you take a joke scarab? If not...go to your neighbor, ring the bell and pi*s through hiss key hole...than ask him how far it went....

his response might help you to clear the things up

I do give you +"points" for trying...you do try that...so often I see
Old 12-24-2009, 09:02 PM   #19
TRANCOSO
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
It also has to do with 'Trust'.
How far should 'trust' go & how much trust do you put in yourself.
I mentioned my hitchhiking years. At 17 I did my black belt karate exam, so I knew I could defend myself quite sufficiently when necessary.

Spregovori made a logical remark.
Quote:
Life in general is about trust in yourself & trust in others. Sometimes you're disappointed, but more interesting are the moments your trust is rewarded.
We live in a 'fear-fed' society, with terrorists behind every tree & homeless, illegal aliens roaming the streets, ready to rob you of your possesions. Violence sells, so the papers are full of it. Murder is a moneymaker for the entertainement industry, so murder is where it's about on tv.

Interaction between humans is primerally based on mutual trust. If you don't trust yourself, how can you trust someone else.

Life is about asking questions, challenges, adventure... & good food.
I'm getting hungry and around the corner is a place where I find everything to my taste. So ciao4now
Old 12-24-2009, 09:18 PM   #20
Peace of mind
Avalon Senior Member

ahemm...i'll repeat.

Depends on the energy I'm picking up from them. If the vibe is right, I just might take the trip...

But ponder on the idea for while, do you want to end up like another Alex Collier?

Peace
Peace of mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 10:05 PM   #21
DAYDREAMER
Avalon Senior Member

If they are humanoid then yes, reptilial or grey no. I am actually hoping this kind of scenario could happen to me, it would be amazing. If they were all females on board, then even more reason to come with them...

I need to learn to meditate and stuff to try and communicate with some et's and get them to visit me, kind of like Steven Greer's CSETI, but with real one on one contact, not just watching UFOs flying around.

I have read and am currently reading books about people who have either had an experience of meeting ET races and having their planet and way of life explained to them or even gone to the alien planet, all of which I find very plausable and there are similarities to their way of life in all these books.
DAYDREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 10:13 PM   #22
Spregovori

Quote:

Life is about asking questions, challenges, adventure... & good food.

My basic point was not the fear factor but that....there are choices and that it is not so very unlikely that...I would get to ride on the wonder train...if they are or if they are not benevolent...

Life is about life.
Old 12-24-2009, 10:21 PM   #23
futureyes
Avalon Senior Member

hmm ... i would have to discern in that moment ... whether to go or not ...
i already experience much interaction with ... with others ... that i have come to know it is all about discernment ... it has to be ...
like peace of mind writes ... their energy in that moment conveys everything to me ... i've come to know we as humans have enormous intuition and if truly trusted ... our abilities will always serve us well ... appropriate and correct always ...

i wouldn't have a concern about leaving this planet as no matter where you go ... there you are ... one can never get lost ... trusting of my self and i will always be ok ...

trusting of the 'others' ... is about feeling what is true and what is not ...
what has agendas and what is of pure intention ...

so i feel i would know immediately if scotty should beam me up or if i tell them i'll pass and take a rain check ...

futureyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 10:46 PM   #24
TRANCOSO
Avalon Senior Member

Anybody interested in buying a 'Universal Abduction Insurance'?
Very cheap price.
Only for you.
Because you're my friend.
Anybody?
Old 12-25-2009, 12:38 AM   #25
housemouse2
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

The EBE's seem to be friendly & benevolent & promiss they'll return you at your doorstep, if you choose so.
So there you are. In an instant you have to decide whether you hop aboard an alien spacecraft & leave the whole world behind, or miss the opportunity of a lifetime by saying: "No, thank you, but not today."

What would you do?
I would have to ask myself: "why would beings from another planet make a "pit stop" on earth and choose me out of 7 billion people to invite to thier home world?"

would bringing me home be my bones in a body bag after they consumed me for a midnight snack?

Every action is caused by a motive. No one does anything "just because." Not even animals do things "just because."

Nope, the set up dictates there is motive that I am not privy too. So, I would have to decline for self preservation factors.
housemouse2 is offline   Reply With Quote