Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > News And Updates

Notices

Old 11-12-2009, 04:33 PM   #1
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Default Asteroid nobody told you about...

Hi Everybody,

In the wake of NASA debunking the Nibiru, 2012 story http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/2012.html the other day to coincide with the release of the film 2012 on 11th of November, http://www.whowillsurvive2012.com/ we had a wee visitor which came by that nobody told us about until after it went away http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...s-warning.html .

NASAs' argument is that if Nibiru did exist we would be able to see it by now with the naked eye. Are they telling us the truth?

After all the asteroid passed below the altitude of most satelites, and neither NASA nor defense forces saw it coming? Or did they see it and keep mum?

There was another asteroid aparently which burned up in the atmosphere around a week or so ago which also nobody saw coming. So with the most powerful telescopes in the world including the Vaticans' VATT telescope these things are coming in 'under the radar'. Poppycock. I think it's just a case of que será, será. Hold on to your hats. We could be in for a rough ride with no warning!

Best regards,

Steve
Steve_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 05:30 PM   #2
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Asteroid nobody told you about...

Thank you for posting it...I wanted to do it yesterday but didn't have the link in English...
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 06:13 PM   #3
GaiaLove
Avalon Administrator

Heya Steve
Not the first or last time I'm sure. Apparently it was only discovered about 15 hours before it's closest appoach. So that would mean if they detected it was going to hit, It would of taken several hours for the info to make it through the bureaucracy before a descision to tell the public was made. That would probably gives 6 hours or so to prepare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Yeomans, Paul Chodas, Steve Chesley
NASA/JPL Near-Earth Object Program Office
November 9, 2009
A newly discovered asteroid designated 2009 VA, which is only about 7 meters in size, passed about 2 Earth radii (14,000 km) from the Earth's surface Nov. 6 at around 16:30 EST. This is the third-closest known (non-impacting) Earth approach on record for a cataloged asteroid. The two closer approaches include the 1-meter sized asteroid 2008 TS26, which passed within 6,150 km of the Earth's surface on October 9, 2008, and the 7-meter sized asteroid 2004 FU162 that passed within 6,535 km on March 31, 2004. On average, objects the size of 2009 VA pass this close about twice per year and impact Earth about once every 5 years.

Asteroid 2009 VA was discovered by the Catalina Sky Survey about 15 hours before the close approach, and was quickly identified by the Minor Planet Center in Cambridge MA as an object that would soon pass very close to the Earth. JPL's Near-Earth Object Program Office also computed an orbit solution for this object, and determined that it was not headed for an impact. Only thirteen months ago, the somewhat smaller object 2008 TC3 was discovered under similar circumstances, but that one was found to be on a trajectory headed for the Earth, with impact only about 11 hours away.

For a complete list of KNOWN asteroids on approach to Earth: http://neo.jpl.nasa.gov/ca/

Click here to chat LIVE with other members of Avalon

Last edited by GaiaLove; 11-12-2009 at 06:16 PM. Reason: added link
GaiaLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 08:09 PM   #4
bellsisland
Avalon Senior Member

That is so cool!

I would like to buy a telescope. The last one I had I purchased from Sharper Image. Unfortunately, I lost it. Any suggestions as to a beginner telescope? After all it's the amateur's that will probably find something first. The big guys seem to be to busy.
bellsisland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 09:45 PM   #5
morguana
Project Avalon Moderator

Thumbs up Re: Asteroid nobody told you about...

Great post Steve, really does make one think doesn't it?
Bou x

the way is not in the sky, the way is in the heart

forum guidlines

Avalon Chat
morguana is offline   Reply With Quote