Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Economy and Currency

Notices

Old 10-08-2008, 11:38 AM   #51
SpeedAdict
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Buy Silver & Gold Right NOW!

The New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) is selling gold and silver as the future and safe way to trade!!

http://www.nyse.com/futuresoptions/n...72008nyseliffe

http://www.nyse.com/press/1220869428835.html

Hope that this was usefull for the people who is looking to buy gold and silver

Peace-Love and Light to all!

Last edited by SpeedAdict; 10-08-2008 at 11:45 AM.
SpeedAdict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 11:41 AM   #52
Kate
Avalon Senior Member

Location: currently UK, searching for a safe relocation in next year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolution22 View Post
I tried buying gold bars and silver coins in Seattle area. Everyone is telling me IF I buy today I won't see them till at LEAST feb 2009. I said to myself It
will be too late, so I think I'm buying an assault rifle...
Just for the record, this forum DOES NOT advocate or encourage the purchase/use of any weapons. OK?
Old 10-08-2008, 11:44 AM   #53
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Hi SpeedAdict,

It's clear that the NYSE will tell you that the safe way to trade is in future gold markets. What tey don't tell you is that there isn't any gold available today. Basically they will issue an IOU to be re-paid in six months time. But seriously, will the NYSE be around as we know it in six months time? We have always been told, even as children, to save our money in the bank as it was secure. Are the banks today secure?

Personally I would only buy gold on the spot, receiving the product at the time of payment (actually I prefer to buy silver) as these current times are not as secure as the NYSE would have you think they are.

Best regards,

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedAdict View Post
The New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) is selling gold and silver as the future and safe way to trade!!

http://www.nyse.com/futuresoptions/n...72008nyseliffe

Hope that this was usefull for the people who is looking to buy gold and silver

Peace-Love and Light to all!
Steve_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 11:51 AM   #54
SpeedAdict
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Steve..

Well in that case i agree with you 100%, if i want gold and pay for it, give it to me right now... Like you say the Federal Reserve may not be for 6 month from now...

heck, maybe will not be here by december...!!

Thanks for the post
SpeedAdict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 05:03 PM   #55
TAXMASTER
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAXMASTER View Post
I have been monitoring the gold and silver futures market daily for the majority of the year. it is so obvious that the price is manipulated. friday they tried to keep the price under $840. monday it was $860. today it is $880. the price will edge up minute by minute as normal supply and demand are in play. then the price violently and agressively moves down and wipes out the gain over the last 7-8 minutes. then the same thing happens. as i said $880 seem to be the target today. tomorrow it will probable bounce around $900.

Namaste'
Well, I wasn't too far off. Gold jumped up to $925 but the PTB keep forcing it to $910. It is amayzing, the market eeecks up over a few minutes then wham, in one big swoop the price slams back to $910.

Namaste'
TAXMASTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 05:37 PM   #56
Evolution22
Avalon Senior Member

Its like this, If I buy gold I wont see it till 2009. (too late). When the dollar falls there will be Martial law, and when that happens I won't be near Seattle. Im fleeing to the mountains/wilderness,so I need a gun for survival. I will also be stocking up on more food and supples for survival in the wild. Seattle is the last place you want to be.

ALSO what are you going to buy with gold and silver if there isnt any food? And I don't hav e much anyway so I need to be in survial mode with the little I have...
Evolution22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 05:41 PM   #57
Rocky_Shorz
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAXMASTER View Post
Well, I wasn't too far off. Gold jumped up to $925 but the PTB keep forcing it to $910. It is amayzing, the market eeecks up over a few minutes then wham, in one big swoop the price slams back to $910.

Namaste'
Large chunks of paper being dropped...
Rocky_Shorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:47 PM   #58
TAXMASTER
Avalon Senior Member

the PTB dump the market with paper gold which causes the price to go down. then the market starts to correct itself and then wham they do it again. if you knew exactly when and what the price will be you could buy and sell all day long and make mountains of money. thats exactly why the rich get richer and then theres the rest of us.

Namaste'
Old 10-08-2008, 08:01 PM   #59
Brinty
Avalon Senior Member

I wonder if someone can answer this question. There are two people, we'll call them "A" and "B". "A" has $5,000 in the bank, but "B" has got a credit card debt of that same amount. Which of the two is in a better situation if the world's financial system goes belly up?
Brinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 08:21 PM   #60
Lance
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate View Post
Just for the record, this forum DOES NOT advocate or encourage the purchase/use of any weapons. OK?
Why is it non- North Americans whom dislike guns. Maybe those of you in the UK whose only wild foe is a meandering fox or something should try hiking up the mountain behind my house! When your skin starts to crawl from being stalked by one of several resident cougars, you might rethink gun ownership.

Evolution22 lives in Seattle, for a little 'useless' information, look at the PNW on a map, look how small Vancouver Island looks, it is BIGGER than Britain (and Madagascar for that matter), and has 1.4 million people on it. Probably about the same number of hungry wild critters. We, whom live in a vast wilderness, have more to take stock of than a were-rabbit or two. You are not even safe from critters on a boat..

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-col...t-renfrew.html

SNIP

"A bear mauling a man on a boat in Port Renfrew, B.C., wouldn't let go of its victim despite being struck with a gaff, beaten with a hammer and stabbed with sharp objects, one of the rescuers said Wednesday.

"It didn't let go until it died right in his boat," said Bruce Miller, who was the first to try to stop the attack.

Two men were fishing around 5 p.m. Tuesday when a black bear swam towards their boat and jumped aboard, RCMP Sgt. Roger Plamondon said Wednesday.

One of the men threw fish overboard, hoping to distract the bear, but he was still attacked, Plamondon said."

END SNIP

Buying a gun over metals right now is a wise decision. A bear ate ALL my pinot noir grapes the other night. Hmm, maybe throwing silver coins at him would have convinced him to leave. Or better yet, wishing him away! What if this were more of a survival situation and in confronting the bear with my good wishes and sling shot full of silver Maple Leafs, he charged and ripped me. Bear injuries are horrific, and go septic really, really, fast. They are not clean critters.

Projecting UK ideals on West Coast reality is pretty puerile. I could set out tomorrow, walk for 6 MONTHS and only run across the odd, decomissioned, logging road. Eventually, I would cross the 'highway' to Bella Coola. I've been in that area, in the alpine, and believe you me, anyone with a functional synapse would prefer to be armed. Once you leave the urban areas in the PNW, there isn't a whole lot of anything except bush.
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 08:51 PM   #61
TAXMASTER
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinty View Post
I wonder if someone can answer this question. There are two people, we'll call them "A" and "B". "A" has $5,000 in the bank, but "B" has got a credit card debt of that same amount. Which of the two is in a better situation if the world's financial system goes belly up?
definately the one who has $5k on the credit card unless the PTB want it back and you cannot pay so they stick you in a fema camp for debtors. LOL

i still have not figured out how the whole debt thing will work out if the dollar tanks and they bring in the amero. theoretically if you owe $5000 dollars then will you owe 5000 ameros in it's place? if you have dollars in cash can you pay off the loan after the dollars become worthless? i don't know, does anybody have an opinion?

Namaste'
Old 10-08-2008, 09:12 PM   #62
Dominic
Avalon Senior Member

My opinion is our debts will be larger due to the unfavorable exchange rate as we are issued the new money.

My wish is a world with no currency.

I am not sure they are ready to let us have freedom yet.

I know it is soon.

My hope is for all people to see the freedom and make the transition.

Love and peace
Dominic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 09:26 PM   #63
Brinty
Avalon Senior Member

I only know two things about money - I either have it, or I don't. If I spend more than I have,go into debt and will eventually have to pay it back. Oh! That's three things I know about money now. I tell you, I'm a fast learner. But, joking aside, what is actually achived by changing the name from "Dollar" to "Amero"? What's that expression? "A rose by any other name would still smell as sweet", I can get my head around using gold as a form of currency as $1 worth of gold today could be worth twice as much in a year or so. Provided of course, inflation doesn't eat too much of it.
Brinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 01:36 AM   #64
SuperManny
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinty View Post
"A" has $5,000 in the bank, but "B" has got a credit card debt of that same amount. Which of the two is in a better situation if the world's financial system goes belly up?
Well I don't think it'd be 'B', because debt is hardly ever preferable.

And if 'A' has got his money in the right kind of bank (like goldmoney, where assets are converted into bullion) his chances may not be that bad. Certainly better than debt, I'd say!
SuperManny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 01:58 AM   #65
ophiuchus
Avalon Senior Member

if gold goes to 2000/oz and you cash out, what do you cash out to,dollars? should we be buying rural properties? i think they have a plan for everyone moving into metals. after they suck everyone in,bang,it will go down to 250/oz. then what? i think there will be a small,short window to increase your savings but then you'll need to retreat and know where to put the dollars before they financially finish everyone off.(maybe ak-47's are our best investments?).i'm sure they have a well thought out plan. it's like when cavemen run herds off a cliff. even though i purchased gold and silver it seems to easy to be safe with everything going on.
ophiuchus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 03:45 AM   #66
Lance
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ophiuchus View Post
if gold goes to 2000/oz and you cash out, what do you cash out to,dollars? should we be buying rural properties? i think they have a plan for everyone moving into metals. after they suck everyone in,bang,it will go down to 250/oz. then what? i think there will be a small,short window to increase your savings but then you'll need to retreat and know where to put the dollars before they financially finish everyone off.(maybe ak-47's are our best investments?).i'm sure they have a well thought out plan. it's like when cavemen run herds off a cliff. even though i purchased gold and silver it seems to easy to be safe with everything going on.
Metals are not a 'savings'. They are a hedge against inflation. If the price per ounce dropped to $250.00 the whole world will have changed and it won't matter what the exchange is. To explain this, savings are items (CPP in Canada, 401K's, RRSP's etc.) that one EXPECTS will increase or better, hopes will increase over time. Storing wealth, long term, is not akin to 'savings' since metals are more volatile in some periods. I sincerely hope my children inherit my metals for another day. But I'm not, nor should anyone be, 'betting' on them shooting through the roof. What is gold selling for per ounce in Zimbabwai? Probably about 23 gazillion notes.

Look, if Canada drops the ball, America goes do-lalley and the rest of the civilized world goes to Iceland for cheap drinks, I can still put my metals into the hull of a ship and pop on down to Bali where it may or may not (probably would, I have some good Bainese friends) buy me a house and some breathing room. They sure as hell are not going to take failing FRN's. Nor Canuck paper. What is it that people keep getting caught up in this mess they can't see through?

Flouride in the water down there hey, here to, I live on two wells...I guess I've donned my Hoffman spectacles (THey Live). Look. metals are a store of wealth in that they are RECOGNIZED world round. A good friend of mine (RIP) negotiated the deal of the First Nations whom live on the North Shore across from Vancouver. Being a hereditary Chief he looked deep into the various ways he knew the 'powers that were' (PTw) would try and screw him and his Nation around.

This man, David, beat the Ptw and then was on the phone with the Indigenous Nations of Papua New Guinea. They are sitting on Trillions and Trillions of dollars of 'black'(off the paper) gold. The interim guvmint tried to steal it so the First Nations folks there spread it all over the Islands. They hid it in caves, they hide it under kids beds, they hide it at the tops of old trees.

Let me ask the neigh sayers of metals this, and only this...do the First Nations of Papua New Guinea have any USE for these metals? For the slight of mind the answer is a resounding NO. But the Japanese whom stole it from god's snot wherever, obviously DID care about it. The First Nations interim guvmint CARES about it. The people themselves would probably adorn their pigs/boars with it. After all, a pig is worth 1 human life there.

Anyhow, I could pop off in a dory, weather the high seas and trade my hoarded metal for a hut on the beach and some fishing line. World-wide. Tomorrow or next century. See beyond the obvious, and get yer heads out of your locality. The world will ramble, rumble on as it always has, Empire's come and Empires go. The body politic of the common person is shaking off the Lords of Londinium, the Banksters of the Fed, the EU monstrosity, and the Vatican. The ties that bind are becoming ephemeral and we can all simply walk away. If you've the guts, the skill, and the ability to transport any wealth you've garnered. Or learn to live without.

As for the two chaps with a) debt, b) a plus in a bank account.
It's a trick question. Both amounts are, in fact, debt. One obligatory (the cash in bank) the other is based upon a non-existent signature monetizing said signature.
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 07:28 PM   #67
JSErwine
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate View Post
I find this ironic, someone located in a country that disallows gun ownership that also uses the euro. The very thing we are trying to prevent from happening here in the U.S.
JSErwine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:13 PM   #68
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSErwine View Post
I find this ironic, someone located in a country that disallows gun ownership that also uses the euro. The very thing we are trying to prevent from happening here in the U.S.
Kate lives in a country that allows gun ownership and does not use the Euro, it's called England
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:22 PM   #69
JSErwine
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
Kate lives in a country that allows gun ownership and does not use the Euro, it's called England
http://www.ukgundealer.com/rules.htm

Thats not gun ownership as we know it in the US.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europea...Rate_Mechanism

U.K. adopted it then decided it was not to their liking.
JSErwine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 04:34 PM   #70
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Talking Re: Buy Silver & Gold Right NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSErwine View Post
http://www.ukgundealer.com/rules.htm

Thats not gun ownership as we know it in the US.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europea...Rate_Mechanism

U.K. adopted it then decided it was not to their liking.
But we are still able to own guns and we dont use the euro so your still wrong
Old 10-10-2008, 05:46 PM   #71
davefla73
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
But we are still able to own guns and we dont use the euro so your still wrong
Egland is one of the most watched and controled places in the world! cameras on every corner, and a shotgun isnt the same as a rifle they arent scared of shotguns
davefla73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 11:25 AM   #72
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Quote:
Originally Posted by davefla73 View Post
Egland is one of the most watched and controled places in the world! cameras on every corner, and a shotgun isnt the same as a rifle they arent scared of shotguns
I'd be scared if someone pointed a shotgun at me
Old 10-11-2008, 09:38 PM   #73
keria13
Avalon Senior Member

hello everobody

Hi there i am trading fx market and commodoties market since more then 10 years. Right now we are watching a prolonged dollar rally which has few more points before it ends and then will have some range trading. ( probably )
So anyone knows that when the dollar rises commodities fall .

But getting back to gold and silver first of all the correction on gold from technical point of view will extend more like to below 740 usd oz and silver to below 9 usd oz, so everyone in the near future will have a chance to catch the price lower. I have seen that a lot of people here are saying that its hard to get gold and silver, this is true but not exactly .Remember that the mints and bulion shops increase the margin in such panic times to make more profit and the difference between spot and real prices increases especially in sliver where u have the VAT . The mints are normally working and the delays are from big demand caused by stock market crash. In just one month the mints will have probably oversupply of gold and silver.

Once more about stocks and forex market, such big moves where appearing before this is nothing new , the dow was loosing more one day then now like in 1987 , its all caused by to highly levereged accouts, and complex products, and strucuteres. Like the eurusd its been going up since 2001 so now it just corrects. The real problem is the luck of liquidity, and once this will be corrected things will be ok - at least for sometime. Remember all such cases in the markets where before but people didnt take lessens from history and played with highly levereged instruments . Imagine if you buy stocks and you have a levereged of 10 times if the stock moves your way up 10 % you make 100 percent, but if it moves against you u loose all unless u pay money in to cover your margin call

So most loosers come from greed and bad money managent systems or complite luck of them which makes their trading a monopoly game

Take care everybody
keria13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 12:45 AM   #74
NatureGirl

Just a funny, to add a little light to a bad situation:

Retirement Planning

If you had purchased $1000.00 of Nortel stock one year ago, it would now be worth $49.00.

With Enron, you would have had $16.50 left of the original $1000.00.

With WorldCom, you would have had less than $5.00 left.

If you had purchased $1000 of Delta Air Lines stock you would have $49.00 left.

But, if you had purchased $1,000.00 worth of beer/wine one year ago, drank all the beer/wine, then turned in the cans/bottles for the recycling REFUND, you would have had $214.00.

Based on the above, the best current investment advice is to drink heavily and recycle.

Last edited by NatureGirl; 10-12-2008 at 12:48 AM.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:22 AM   #75
silverman
Avalon Senior Member

YES, I believe the AMERO will come.....and probabely sooner than some expect. There is too much noise around this new currency since more than a year.

Now what the exchange-ratios will be is very difficult to say and I believe the following points and arguements needs to be taken into consideration (important, since I am Swiss I may have a bit of different view, than some US citizens - and more mistakes in the text ):

- when the AMERO comes, there will be enough noise ahead of the announcment and I expect the US Dollar to weaken and drop massively

- it only makes sence to introduce a new currency, if you can get ride of some other problems and the biggest is in this case the outrageous debts of United States

- so what ever the real debts are, but with the introduction of the AMERO, US wants to get rid of the debts - this is one arguement that may justify the rumour that 800 billion AMERO's have been shipped to China, remember China has > USD 2000 billions cash and they don't really know what to do with it...they bought already Freddies and Fannies...you know the result

- and still (if they (FED/government) don't lie in this case as well) US has the biggest Gold reserve >9000 tons = roughly USD 400 billions. Actually why they manipulate down the price of the funny-paper-money-COMEX Gold but didn't sell (at least officially) an ounce of Gold compared to other western central banks.

- this means, that I can imagine that the AMERO might even be gold-backed or at least partially

- taking just the said above into consideration; one will definitely not get more than 0.5 AMERO for 1 USD

- when they want to net-up the debts with the gold reserve the USD may loose 90% of its value...so the exchange-ratio is probabely rather 0.1 AMERO for 1 USD = 10 USD for 1 AMERO

- But what about the 1 AMERO / Silver-Ratio? Right know one could go long 1 ounce of Silver at roughly USD 11 at COMEX. Which means that of 0.1 AMERO for one 1 USD is correct, that 1 AMERO is about 1 ounce of Silver....now there is one little mistake in there

- 11 USD for one ounce of Silver is probabely the biggest ******** the plunge protection team or I call it the BBP (Bush - Bernanke -Paulson) achieved to manipulate down. The real and correct price of Gold right now and inflation-adjusted is rather someting between USD 2000 - 3000. Lets take 2000.
Right now one gets roughly 80 ounce Silver for one ounce of Gold. This ratio is a ******* joke, if one has look at the primary deficit that exists in the Silver market since more than 15 years and the fact, THAT WE HAVE PEAK-SILVER. Planet Earth will run out of Silver within the next 15-20 years, before we run out of crude oil.

- So what is a correct Gold/Silver-Ratio? I believe already today it should trade between 15 and 30. Longterm (5 to 10years) Silver will trade at the same price or higher than Gold does. But ok, lets take 30.

- I took Gold @ USD 2000 / 30 (Gold-Silver/Ratio), which give roughly USD 60, which is the price where Silver should trade today: Now you will say, the Swiss guy has a sort of a chocolate flash (by the way chocolate makes happy) or he had to much Swiss Cheese Fondue: NO, I believe Silver should trade TODAY at worthless USD 60.

- BUT: Gold @ 2000 seems to be a high price right now; should the AMERO be Gold-backed or partially Gold-backed and the US is without debts after the AMERO introduction, you might well add minimum another 0, in such a case Gold could be between USD 50'000 and USD 100'000. This may also be one of the reason, why US FED / government block US mint to continue to deliver Gold and Silver in the US.

Now USD 50'000 USD 100'000, what will this be worth when the AMERO comes...YES ZERO! But one physical ounce of Gold will have the purchasing power of USD 50'000 to USD 100'000 in AMERO terms

I believe the purchasing power of 1 ounce of Gold will definitely go up by 5 times, depending on how they play the game this purchasing power factor could be even between 10 and 50. Remember Hyperinflation in 1923 in Germany. In 1923 with 500 gramms of Gold you could buy 1 building block! So all this we had it already!

But the purchasing-power-turbo is Silver: As I said Silver is so much too cheap, only a few people know about it! So go and get some physical Silver somewhere.....do a trip to Europe. When you need assistance in this, please let me know! The most important really is, try to get some Silver or Gold before the AMERO will be introduced. When the AMERO comes you start to sell it!

Cheers,
silverman
silverman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
silver gold sold out