Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Economy and Currency

Notices

Old 10-07-2008, 03:37 AM   #26
Mizar
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Buy Silver & Gold Right NOW!

Astraya;
I was talking Gold, one ouncers, .999 pure.
Sure, Silver has been selling but there is a lot of that out there, perhaps there is some buying from the South.
Again, thanks for the info.

M
Mizar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 03:40 AM   #27
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Here is a gold chart -- historical. If the rise is proportional to the base then we should see it go higher.

http://www.kitco.com/scripts/hist_ch...rly_graphs.plx

http://www.kitco.com/LFgif/au883-999.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorgon View Post
Of what use is Gold on Paper?

Of what use is investing in Gold if they open Fort Knox like they did last time and the next Monday gold plummeted to a record low?

[snipped]
Gnosis5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 03:49 AM   #28
feeler
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suriel View Post
I have a white gold wedding ring. Does that count?

Good for you. I lost my white gold wedding ring. I almost dived into the outside garbage can looking for it.

One good coin dealer I can recommend is Don Stott. He's one heck of a character. This guy got good-old-fashion values.

http://www.coloradogold.com/

I've been reading his columns for years. This guy is a hard core conservative. Though I cannot guarantee your satisfaction, I trust his personal integrity. EXCERPT:

As we watch the elections come up in a very few days, I wonder just how many millions of the stupid, thoughtless, homeless, slum dwelling, welfare receiving, will be voting for Obama the Muslim? Trash, voting for Obama, who isn't even legally qualified to be President, according to the Constitution. Semi-literate, mentally deficient, voting for a mulatto disaster, who has the most liberal voting record in his brief tenure as a Senator. It is frightening to contemplate. Wouldn't it be nice for voting to be limited to the literate, educated, home owning, job holding citizens, who thought that voting was a privilege, not a duty? Who thought and read and investigated the candidates, rather than just voting for a party 100%? Wouldn't it be nice if Ron Paul were to be our next President?

Last edited by feeler; 10-07-2008 at 04:13 AM.
feeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 03:53 AM   #29
Dominic
Avalon Senior Member

I went to Northwest territorial mint today. I talked to the owner. We talked for about a hour.

He said the powers to be are beating the price of silver and gold to death. In the 28 years they have been in business there has never been such a run from currency to metals. While I was there thousands of ounces of gold and silver were sold. I bought 200 oz of silver for 12.13 per oz. One call in order was for 20,000 oz of silver while I was there. People where lined up outside.

This is serious he had a new Amero and showed it to me. This man said we will be lucky if we can trade 4 dollars for one Amero.

I have always been a precious metal collector and now its most important. Save just enough currency to wipe your A** with, it is going to zero.

It is part of the economic terror they are playing out.

Use your currency while you still can!

Love and Peace
Dominic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 04:03 AM   #30
Ampgod
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaladiN View Post
Wish I could by loads of gold and silver, problem is all my savings are tied up in the market

If the market doesnt bounce back up soon I will be bankrupt

Oh Boy. I'd exit quickly if I were you.
Ampgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 04:19 AM   #31
isotelesis
Avalon Senior Member

Cool Re: Buy Silver & Gold Right NOW!

Who is getting rich from infalted gold prices? Not that we have a choice. One must ebb and flow with the masses in order to survive at times. Alas all too common in history.
isotelesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 05:44 AM   #32
argonacon
Avalon Senior Member

there is no gold in fort knox.
argonacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 05:58 AM   #33
zorgon

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurosceptic View Post
Anyone got any tips about anything else to invest in (ie - Physical stuff!) other than gold and silver, specifically in the UK?
Gemstones...

Diesel Fuel (for those generators)
Old 10-07-2008, 06:00 AM   #34
zorgon

Quote:
Originally Posted by suriel View Post
I have a white gold wedding ring. Does that count?
It WOULD as Gold id Gold... but since you paid an inflated premium price for the goldsmiths work, its not such a great investment... usually gets a 10% return as scrap gold...
Old 10-07-2008, 06:05 AM   #35
zorgon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizar View Post
Astraya;
Thanks for the post, I had heard that US dealers were out of everything, but was not aware that they were cleaning us out as well. 100 coins is over 90 Large if you are buying one ounce .999's, How are they getting that kind of money across the border?
M

PSSSSTTTTT

Anyone called the refineries like Johnson Matthey

SHHHHH Don't tell anyone now
Old 10-07-2008, 07:42 AM   #36
gretsico
Avalon Senior Member

seems to be a bit of a shortage down here in oz too.
just bought the last of a dealer in brisbane..
thats my 2c
gretsico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:38 AM   #37
Lance
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Shorz View Post
I wonder why Canada isn't having the same run on Metals as the US?

Last time I checked, I could not buy 200, 1 ounce maples leaves (silver) nor my beloved palladium 1 ounce coins in Vancouver....I could have bought a smattering of smallish items but mostly the dealers were interested in selling me 100 ounce bars of silver which I find unsightly. When I bought Vancouver out several weeks ago, it never seemed to recover.

1/2 ounce wolves are available. At waaaaay over spot, and even the few i ounce silver maple leaves were going for 17.00 that is damn higher than spot.
Of course, Canada is pretty damn vast and Vancouver has slightly over a 50% Asian population whom seem to be a bit smarter about these things.

Last edited by Lance; 10-07-2008 at 09:42 AM.
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:29 AM   #38
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

If pegasusjtr agrees, please can a moderator change the title of this thread to

"Buy Physical Silver & Gold Right NOW"

?

pegasusjtr: are you ok with that?

A..
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:38 AM   #39
tandiwe
Avalon Senior Member

For UK people

A friend of mine bought 1oz silver coins from Guernseymint.com and they haven't arrived. I will let you know if they do. He said that they sounded completely legit on the phone so he's not freaking out yet.

Also he said ATS bullion are good, though they too run out quite fast. They used to be part of Spinks.
tandiwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 11:50 AM   #40
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tandiwe View Post
Also he said ATS bullion are good, though they too run out quite fast. They used to be part of Spinks.
I used ATS Bullion. The trick is to go there. I used them to sell my gold and silver before I moved to Australia. They cut me a cheque there and then which cleared without problems.

I know people who bought from there too, and it was all legit.

Pay cash, and dont leave without the gold. If they havent got it, then walk away.

A..
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 02:47 PM   #41
TAXMASTER
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth-freedom View Post
Just wanted to add my two cents here. I used Goldline as someone above mentioned. My account rep there advised me to buy private silver because there is some talk of the confiscation thing being called in again. The 'junk silver' that George Green talks about is private and not confiscateable like bullion is. I bought Ben Franklin half dollars which are 90percent silver. As long as you spend at least a thousand dollars US you can order from an actual person. Less than that and you have to use their online store. Delivery time right now is about three weeks. If nothing crazy happens in a few hours and we can still make transactions, it's definitely the place to buy from. Anyone who wants more info or phone number and extension of my account rep can PM me and I'll be glad to share info. They have never not bought back their metals AND you get a satisfaction guarantee on your first purchase with them or your money back.
Hope we all have a peaceful tomorrow!

I called goldline a few months ago and they tried to use the same spiel on me. then i bought 1000 ounces ? of coins for $25 spot (wnen silver was 18). i got my invoice in the mail and discovered that the coins were 3/4 ounce of silver in small fine print. the invoice said refunds only within 10 days of invoice. i called them to tell them that they promised me ounces and my salesman was misteriously on vacation. i talked to the owner several times. it took several weeks to get my refund. i did not like how they do business. they prey on your naivete'

Namaste'
TAXMASTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 03:03 PM   #42
Ross
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurosceptic View Post
Anyone got any tips about anything else to invest in (ie - Physical stuff!) other than gold and silver, specifically in the UK?

Anyone?

Where are the best gold and silver dealers in the UK???

I've just ordered some from Chards in Blackpool. Their website is www.taxfreegold.co.uk and if you scroll to the bottom of the page there are 2 phone numbers you can contact them on. I just phoned up and said I wasn't a collector but looking at an investment and have ordered 4 x 1oz coins of their choice (the quickest option if you don't want to wait for specific coins).
They were really helpful and informative.
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 03:13 PM   #43
TAXMASTER
Avalon Senior Member

I have been monitoring the gold and silver futures market daily for the majority of the year. it is so obvious that the price is manipulated. friday they tried to keep the price under $840. monday it was $860. today it is $880. the price will edge up minute by minute as normal supply and demand are in play. then the price violently and agressively moves down and wipes out the gain over the last 7-8 minutes. then the same thing happens. as i said $880 seem to be the target today. tomorrow it will probable bounce around $900.

Namaste'
TAXMASTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 03:13 PM   #44
Moonbaby
Avalon Senior Member

I have purchased from gainsvillecoin and AMPEX, been satisfied with both transaction. Recently purchased from TULVING (some people equate him to the infamous soup-nazi) which was a no-nonense experience but the coins shipped yesterday.

Due to the demand, you need to check the websites often as they typically only post what they have on hand to sell, and that changes throughout the day. Sometimes they will take an order for product that will arrive the following week.

Don't put all of your investment in metals, it is best to diversify.

Peace,

Moonbaby

UPDATE: The misses just called and the Tulving delivery just arrived. I ordered it last Friday and it shipped yesterday. Can't beat that kind of service. Be advised that with most places you need to wire them the funds from your bank. If you send a check, it maight take a month to receive product.

Last edited by Moonbaby; 10-07-2008 at 03:42 PM. Reason: updated with vendor delivery info
Moonbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 03:31 PM   #45
Rocky_Shorz
Avalon Senior Member

so as all the hard metal is being bought up, someone with a pile of paper is dumping it into the market to keep the price low while they buy up metal.

Once the hard metal is gone, I bet they stop dumping paper...

Fort Knox has 140 Million ounces of Gold, American mines produce 1-2 Million ounces a year.

What is the production in Canada?
Rocky_Shorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 04:44 PM   #46
silverman
Avalon Senior Member

hi folks!

same picture in Europe. I am specialized on precious metals in various senses. Presentation about it, teach people, articles in newspapers like Finanz & Wirtschaft which is the most important newspaper for bankers etc. in Switzerland. roughly 2 months ago it was still relatively easy to buy 10 to 20'000 ounces of silver. The last order was 1'000 ounces of Philharmonikers (austrian coin) four weeks ago.

The market for physical gold & silver coins became completely inexistent over the last two weeks.

Pro Aurum (www.proaurum.de) biggest independent pm dealer in Europe has shut the doors today (in Munich) since they are sold out and working for 7/7/24 since a while.....

cheers,
silverman
silverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 05:55 AM   #47
Rocky_Shorz
Avalon Senior Member

unreal...

Japan, India and Hong Kong Markets are down almost 1000 each, but the metal market isn't moving...

Does that seem strange to anyone?
Rocky_Shorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 06:02 AM   #48
Evolution22
Avalon Senior Member

I tried buying gold bars and silver coins in Seattle area. Everyone is telling me IF I buy today I won't see them till at LEAST feb 2009. I said to myself It
will be too late, so I think I'm buying an assault rifle...
Evolution22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 06:19 AM   #49
zorgon

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverman View Post
The market for physical gold & silver coins became completely inexistent over the last two weeks.
That's okay... got any Platinum lying around?

Old 10-08-2008, 10:14 AM   #50
eurosceptic
Avalon Senior Member

erm buying an assault rifle? what? that is the way backward!
I think you may be on the wrong forum, mate!
eurosceptic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
silver gold sold out