Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 01-06-2010, 01:40 AM   #1
NorthernSanctuary
Avalon Senior Member

Default Cliff High on Veritas: Jan 5/2010

Enjoy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Qdu9yS6eFM
NorthernSanctuary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 01:43 AM   #2
pineal-pilot-in merkabah
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Cliff High on Veritas: Jan 5/2010

is this the bit thats free in the first hour??? cos mel goes nuts for copyright!! i dont know if he mind you copying the first hour free??? its the advert without the music?
pineal-pilot-in merkabah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 01:51 AM   #3
NorthernSanctuary
Avalon Senior Member

There's 5 X 10 minutes. Here's the rest:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juNsqe9daQ4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95TdYMB4v5w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpAbYzBNKL8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14ZMysrhwfc

I didn't copy it. I just found it.
NorthernSanctuary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 05:43 AM   #4
manticore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernSantuary View Post
I've said it before and have been very cordial and friendly about this. Anyone posting my copyrighted material is exposing himself/herself to legal liability.

I offer 50% of every show for free. Unfortunately, some people do not respect this and have lost their YouTube channel. This person has already been contacted and YouTube will act once again.

I hate to do this folks, but it seems that it is not enough to offer 50% of a show for free and some people find a way to copy and distribute my material without even asking.

I post a 5-minute preview where it directs everyone to listen to the first segment on my Web site. Anyone cutting, copying and pasting as they wish is simply violating my copyrights. Simple.

Mel
manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:17 AM   #5
AscendingStarseed
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by manticore View Post
I've said it before and have been very cordial and friendly about this. Anyone posting my copyrighted material is exposing himself/herself to legal liability.

I offer 50% of every show for free. Unfortunately, some people do not respect this and have lost their YouTube channel. This person has already been contacted and YouTube will act once again.

I hate to do this folks, but it seems that it is not enough to offer 50% of a show for free and some people find a way to copy and distribute my material without even asking.

I post a 5-minute preview where it directs everyone to listen to the first segment on my Web site. Anyone cutting, copying and pasting as they wish is simply violating my copyrights. Simple.

Mel
Personally I feel that information you have to pay for is suspect anyway. No wonder I don't know who Veritas is, no ones information is so valuable that I'll pay for it...[mod edit: personal attacks are against the forum quidelines]

Last edited by Karen; 01-06-2010 at 07:50 AM. Reason: personal attack
AscendingStarseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 10:56 AM   #6
Zeddo
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AscendingStarseed View Post
Personally I feel that information you have to pay for is suspect anyway. No wonder I don't know who Veritas is, no ones information is so valuable that I'll pay for it...[mod edit: personal attacks are against the forum quidelines]
This is a personal opinion and not meant to be an attack.

So you never buy a book? You don't pay for your internet? I find your argument rather without credibility and somewhat shortsighted.

Merely posing a question and drawing a conclusion here.

Great work by cliff for what he is doing for the "alleged" hacker. Now THAT is doing something. That alone tells me who Veritas is and what they stand for.

Z
Zeddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 02:35 PM   #7
manticore
Avalon Senior Member

If anyone doesn't like my subscription model, don't listen. No one is forcing anyone to listen. Since when did $5.00 per month was such a crime? I have to pay expenses. Should authors give their books for free?

And yes, Clif does a great service for Gary McKinnon and so do I. I give free subscriptions to the less fortunate. Whenever someone donates a subscription, I match and donate one.

Also, if anyone transcribes a show, I give free subscriptions. Value for value. It is shortsighted to think otherwise. Some people just expect value without giving anything in return and that is wrong. Remember when commerce was done via barter?

Before you make an opinion, learn the facts. Ignorance can be cured with education. Also, everyone has free will. If anyone wants to create a show, feel free to do so. In the meantime, all I ask is for my work to be respected. No commercials. No sponsors. 50% of the show for free. Free subscriptions for transcriptions. Donations to the less fortunate. Is that not enough?

We live in paradigm where products and services cost money. Producing my show is absolutely not free. When the time comes and money is no longer an issue, I will operate differently.

Respectfully,

Mel

P.S. Unless anyone here is a trust fund baby, do you have to work for a living or should you work for free? And if you would work for free, how would you survive?

Last edited by manticore; 01-06-2010 at 03:08 PM.
Old 01-06-2010, 02:40 PM   #8
Luana
Avalon Senior Member

I have a great appreciation for the Veritas show. It's so nice not to have commercial interruptions and mindlessly comments and questions you get with other hosts.

Your doing an awesome job Mel, thank you.
Luana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 03:08 PM   #9
Thunderbird
Avalon Senior Member

Here's some education.

436 members at $5.32 = $2319.52/mo

assuming 400 are actual paying members and that the .32 is for tax,
then walkin with $2000/mo before paying for bandwidth, site maintenance, hosting, etc.

I dont listen to the show since the subscriptions were implemented so i dont know if there are advertisers or not so lets assume there arent....

well then we could say the show pays for itself.
but mel has said that he has a family to take care of and such. So do i.
clearly a worthwhile goal.

question is:
is the current subscription model really working?

look at camelot.
everythings free.
rent is BARELY getting paid from we have been told.

is that model really working?

id say nay to both.
one has an abundance of viewers
the other not enough....

where is the balance?

im not raggin on anyone or their models.
im simply trying to find one that will work to really make an impact and yet be self sustaining and scalable.

camelot has a newsletter. they could provide the subscribers great discounts on things they would probably get anyway, like books or DVDs and maybe even survival gear.

camelot would get a comission.

this could if done right generate around 4-10 g's as needed.

it wouldnt have to be salesy or pushy but rather...."hey we found this great deal on this book that we both love and have learned a lot from. its discounted %20 for members of camelot. enjoy"

would camelot peeps be offended? i dont think so.
would people feel turned off? maybe a couple...

would $5 bucks times 1000 people be a bad income?
certainly would pay the rent for the month.

as long as the newsletter had valuable material and news and wasnt just the same thing thats on the site....in other words if people got value out of it it could be the model that everybody is looking for.

cause whats really important here?
making money off it?
or getting people awakened?

if done well....how bout both.

looky here!
value for free!

pearls to swine?
we shall see.....

as long as it helps the world....
it helps me.

enlightened self interest

-Your Friendly (albeit irreverent) Neighborhood Thunderbird
Thunderbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 05:43 PM   #10
manticore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbird View Post
Here's some education.

is that model really working?

id say nay to both.
one has an abundance of viewers
the other not enough....
Thunderbird,

I don't think you're educating anyone with your statement. As a matter of fact, you are perpetuating the entitlement mentality. And based on what parameters do you conclude that a subscription model does not work? Project Camelot and Veritas are two different systems. We just do it differently and mutually respect each other's approach.

Would I want Veritas to be the only job I had? Absolutely! That is not the case yet, but I hope it will be in the future.

If someone wants to listen but cannot afford to pay, I'd be glad to add them to the subscription donation list. However, should someone receive value because they feel entitled to it?

Alternatives:
-Transcribe a show
-Offer some value

Some offerings:
-Subscriptions for the less fortunate
-No sponsors
-No commercials
-One hour+ of of each show free

If this is not enough, I don't know what else is. The key here THUNDERBIRD is the word VOLUNTARY. Someone who exercises free will and purchases a subscription, does it because he/she finds value. I hope your respect that.

Cheers,

Mel

P.S. Oh, and by the way, that number you quote (436) is just forum members. That is a totally separate system. Obviously, you went on an expedition trying to obtain information. You are welcome to ask me directly and I will provide you with facts. I don't hide. The majority of our members choose not to be part of the forum.

Last edited by manticore; 01-06-2010 at 07:30 PM.
Old 01-06-2010, 07:55 PM   #11
Myplanet2
In The Mists

Quote:
The key here THUNDERBIRD is the word VOLUNTARY. Someone who exercises free will and purchases a subscription, does it because he/she finds value. I hope your respect that.

Cheers,

Mel
This comment leaves a bit of a bitter taste in my ears. If your promotional gimmicks weren't so obviously manipulative, it would be a different story. 5 min teaser. dumbed down 1st hour free. pay for the real content, except.... that it's bundled with 3 months of other stuff you may not be interested in. Plus the chasing people around with lawyers appears to come straight out of the "that's mine...that's mine...get your own..." mentality.

If someone wants to charge money for acting as a middle man, and putting potential buyers together with the actual creators of original value, that's one thing. But to manipulate people into buying more than the value they are interested in, is a practice which will follow other old paradigm practices down the toilet with a sigh of good riddance.

There'd be no complaint from me, if trick promo actions weren't used, and if the value one offered was available by itself. If I want Clif, I should be able to buy Clif, and nobody else packaged along for 15 times the cost.

MP2
Myplanet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:14 PM   #12
gibonos
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
thunderbird
Here's some education.

436 members at $5.32 = $2319.52/mo

assuming 400 are actual paying members and that the .32 is for tax,
then walkin with $2000/mo before paying for bandwidth, site maintenance, hosting, etc.
with all due respect it's nobodys busieness how mel's enterprise is operating, what cost, how much etc.

Quote:
myplanet
This comment leaves a bit of a bitter taste in my ears. If your promotional gimmicks weren't so obviously manipulative, it would be a different story. 5 min teaser. dumbed down 1st hour free. pay for the real content, except.... that it's bundled with 3 months of other stuff you may not be interested in. Plus the chasing people around with lawyers appears to come straight out of the "that's mine...that's mine...get your own..." mentality.

If someone wants to charge money for acting as a middle man, and putting potential buyers together with the actual creators of original value, that's one thing. But to manipulate people into buying more than the value they are interested in, is a practice which will follow other old paradigm practices down the toilet with a sigh of good riddance.

There'd be no complaint from me, if trick promo actions weren't used, and if the value one offered was available by itself. If I want Clif, I should be able to buy Clif, and nobody else packaged along for 15 times the cost.
I'm sure that mel would want to give his work for free if there was no money, whatsoever. However he has his cost, his family, other expenses and he can charge, format and sell however he likes. If you don't approve, don't listen and don't complain.
Personally I think he delivers best interviews, with best questions and no one had clif thinking and hesitating as many times as mel. That's the hole issue here, if he wasn't so good people wouldn't complain.

Another thing, what if nothing happens in the near future, no change, no 2012, no nothing, one still has to feed family, would you donate if he was in trouble?

gibonos

Last edited by gibonos; 01-06-2010 at 10:20 PM.
gibonos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:57 PM   #13
Myplanet2
In The Mists

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibonos View Post
with all due respect it's nobodys busieness how mel's enterprise is operating, what cost, how much etc.

I'm sure that mel would want to give his work for free if there was no money, whatsoever. However he has his cost, his family, other expenses and he can charge, format and sell however he likes. If you don't approve, don't listen and don't complain.
Yes, he's free to choose how he operates, and if he's using manipulative business practices, anyone so inclined to do so, is free to point them out, so people can make informed decisions

Quote:
Personally I think he delivers best interviews, with best questions and no one had clif thinking and hesitating as many times as mel.
He doesn good interviews, although it is distracting when a guest starts talking about something, and Mel interrupts to say he wants to save that tidbit for the second (paid for) hour. And I wouldn't really call asking a guest a question in the free half, and answering it in the paid half good interviewing either.

Quote:
That's the hole issue here I he wasn't so people wouldn't complain.
what?

Quote:
Another thing, what if nothing happens in the near future, no change, no 2012, no nothing, one still has to feed family, would you donate if he was in trouble?
double what?? Mel can support his family any way he likes. Nobody objects to someone earning a living. It's using manipulative business practices and chasing people around with lawyers that smells. If the content stood on it's own, it could just be offered for sale. Packaging fluff interviews with desirable ones and charging for content one doesn't want in order to get content one does, is manipulative. And saying if you don't approve, don't listen and don't complain, is pretty

Quote:
gibonos
Old 01-06-2010, 10:23 PM   #14
gibonos
Avalon Senior Member

myplaneet2
Quote:
what?

Quote:
That's the hole issue here I he wasn't so people wouldn't complain.
I corrected myself, it's really late for me ;-),
I'll respond to the rest tomorrow.

Stay worm
gibonos
gibonos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 10:54 PM   #15
swordsmith
Unsubscribed

go for it my planet, thunderbird ,the only site I choose to subscribe to is redice, no teasers, ( hate that) no moaning and they give TONS away for free, I also think it's nice of them not to mind that mel has pretty much ripped off their site graphics /layout etc, wow ! or is it just uncanny how similar they look?
http://www.redicecreations.com/radio/nonsubscriber.php
Mel, you must spend a lot of time on policing this copyright bs, you DON'T own the information, your guests do, and is it really worth your va£uable time ? You seem like a dog with a bone, I've never seen anyone so here there and everywhere on this nonsense. I notice you do not pay the people you interview, so right there that counts me out.
swordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:08 PM   #16
TheChosen
Avalon Senior Member

I rarely get angry but yes now I am getting angry. People listen and listen well. Every day you are paying hard dollars at the gas station and you have no idea whatsoever that you don't have to pay that money... every day you pay your mortgage just because things are that way with no idea that it doesn't really have to be that way. (This obviously doesn't apply to everyone here but humanity in general)

It freakin makes me angry that out there humanity is getting ripped part, losing its soul while here on this forum where it is supposed to be with 'advanced' people there is even the discussion about paying a measly 5$ for information that is at the forefront of human understanding.

I am sorry .. but ... can I just ask ... what is wrong with you??? If you are so much against paying money .. go .. you have the chance.. devote 1% of what Mel is devoting to his show and make few transcriptions. You will get a double whammy .. a free subscription and a lot of positive karma for making even more information available to everyone ese.

Things like these want to make me leave this planet tomorrow and join the ET fractions that are lobying that humans don't deserve this beautiful planet.. because people like this prove their point perfectly...
TheChosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:29 PM   #17
manticore
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks Gibonos and TheChosen. It's refreshing to see how most people "get it".

Mel
Old 01-07-2010, 12:14 AM   #18
ISIS
Avalon Senior Member

I have read through all the posting here and it saddens me to hear so many people attacking Mel....and his show...

I need to place my opinion here, for it is only my opinion for what its worth, and I don't expect anyone to come down on me for it...

I am grateful for Mels work and his show "Veritas", after long contemplating, I decided to join a membership, - and yes, I'm enjoying his archived materials...
I like his style, his guests, and I get more information from his guests than anyone else....
I'm not saying that I don't listen to other hosts from other shows..because I do, and I also pay for others as well....this is my choosing!

We are living in a time where just about everything has a $ charge...think twice if you think there are many things for free. Because where I come from, even if you think your getting it for free, your AREN"T!
eg: I don't use a library, - but its free where I live, and people use it....GUESS WHAT, - I pay the library from my house taxes...SO IT'S NOT FREE....I pay for a service /product, but never use it....wouldn't you then say I was being robbed, or should have my taxes reduced to compansate me for it? hm? I would think?
But that doesn't happen, not here...

I have taken many courses, seminars, lectures, and worshops - and guess what? I have payed for them all...no one twisted my arms to take them, but I did to up grade my education in whatever I chose....

I include: As a REIKI MASTER it is suggested that all forms of service must have a form of exhange whether it be monetary or equivelant in order for exchange to be complete....
FREBBIESSSS do exist, I have given freeebbbieeesss also to students, clients and friends from time to time when the occasion rose....
Mel is also doing his part as he sees fit....

I ask you this , When was the last time YOU gave your Service for FREE, or a product for free, and how often before it made a dent in your pocket?

I'm not holding anyone accountable here, just putting my two cent worth...
Mel keep up the good work,

God Bless
ISIS

ISIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:05 PM   #19
manticore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myplanet2 View Post
Yes, he's free to choose how he operates, and if he's using manipulative business practices, anyone so inclined to do so, is free to point them out, so people can make informed decisions

He doesn good interviews, although it is distracting when a guest starts talking about something, and Mel interrupts to say he wants to save that tidbit for the second (paid for) hour. And I wouldn't really call asking a guest a question in the free half, and answering it in the paid half good interviewing either.

what?

double what?? Mel can support his family any way he likes. Nobody objects to someone earning a living. It's using manipulative business practices and chasing people around with lawyers that smells. If the content stood on it's own, it could just be offered for sale. Packaging fluff interviews with desirable ones and charging for content one doesn't want in order to get content one does, is manipulative. And saying if you don't approve, don't listen and don't complain, is pretty
Let me understand this MyPlanet. You say that it is deceiving to have a 5-minute preview. If you are right in your definition, every Hollywood movie that gives you a 1- or 2-minute preview is deceiving. Furthermore, the fact that Hollywood does not allow you to watch half of the movie before you pay for it is? I'll let you add a description to that. You say I am deceiving and manipulative because I offer a preview to a show and offer half of it for free, so that people can make a more informed decision and exercise their free will and purchase a subscription or not.

Would you prefer it if the free hour was not available? You would probably find a way to complain and say that if you had known the show did not meet your expectations, you would not have subscribed. You see, to people like you, no matter how much you try to give for free, it will never be enough. You will find ways to use derogatory and negative remarks and insinuate that the purpose of my business model is to rip innocent people off.

What you and others who do not agree with this model are purposefully or selectively ignoring (since none has made any comment) is the fact that I give free subscriptions to the less fortunate and to those who provide value. What I don't do is spend countless hours researching my guests and working on the "behind the scenes" aspects of the show, so that people who can, but will not provide value/payment or do not fall in the "less fortunate" category, enjoy the fruit of my efforts.

I hope this clarifies any confusion that you still may have.

Best,

Mel

Last edited by manticore; 01-06-2010 at 11:26 PM.
Old 01-06-2010, 11:57 PM   #20
Myplanet2
In The Mists

Quote:
Let me understand this MyPlanet. You say that it is deceiving to have a 5-minute preview. If you are right in your definition, every Hollywood movie that gives you a 1- or 2-minute preview is deceiving. Furthermore, the fact that Hollywood does not allow you to watch half of the movie before you pay for it is? I'll let you add a description to that. You say I am deceiving and manipulative because I offer a preview to a show and offer half of it for free, so that people can make a more informed decision and exercise their free will and purchase a subscription or not.

Would you prefer it if the free hour was not available? You would probably find a way to complain and say that if you had known the show did not meet your expectations, you would not have subscribed. You see, to people like you, no matter how much you try to give for free, it will never be enough. You will find ways to use derogatory and negative remarks and insinuate that the purpose of my business model is to rip innocent people off.

What you and others who do not agree with this model are purposefully or selectively ignoring (since none has made any comment) is the fact that I give free subscriptions to the less fortunate and to those who provide value. What I don't do is spend countless hours researching my guests and working on the "behind the scenes" aspects of the show, so that people who can, but will not provide value/payment or do not fall in the "less fortunate" category, enjoy the fruit of my efforts.

I hope this clarifies any confusion that you still may have.

Best,

Mel
Now lets not be putting words into my mouth, Mel. I have no confusions about this. No strawman arguments please.

First of all, are you actually saying that hollywood is NOT manipulative and deceptive? Hollywood will give you a 2 minute trailer with all the best action scenes, knowing full well that you'll be disappointed when you pay to watch the whole thing.

So tell me, do you have it clearly posted where it's hard to miss that people who start one of the interviews will get only so much, and then have to pay for the rest once they are interested? Do you say anywhere that is easy to find that "you can listen to a part now for free, but will have to pay a 3 month subscription which buys several interviews you may not be interested in, to listen to the other half of the interveiw"? Or do you hook people in, and then spring it on them that they have to pay to go any further? And even going so far as asking a question at the end of the first part that can't even be answered unless they buy 3 months of other stuff they are maybe not interested in?

Yes. I call deceptive and manipulative right out loud and up front.

How about Regina's model over at conscious media? She offers the choice to pay to hear the interviews now, but if you don't want to or can't pay, just wait a while, and it's released for free a little later. Others like Rense, or Rebecca jernigan permit a free live listen, but if you want to listen at YOUR convenience from the archives, you pay a bit.

Or you could charge a flat fee per interview, like iTunes.

Or keep the model you have, but don't deceive people into thinking they can listen to an interview, only to discover that they will have to pay for the second half, and not just for the second half, but for 3 months of other stuff. They clicked THAT interview because they were interested in THAT person. Tell them that ahead of time. Don't spring it on them when they are already hooked on the first half.

And what's up with telling guests to hold off on discussing certain things because you want to cover that in the second hour?

More manipulation, IMO.

MP2
Old 01-07-2010, 12:10 AM   #21
eleni
Avalon Senior Member

Mel provides a beautiful format and charges very little for it.

I am grateful he does this
eleni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:16 AM   #22
Myplanet2
In The Mists

Yes, Mel gets everything right, except for the part where he thinks it's ok to manipulate people into buying product they didn't ask for, in order to hear the rest of what they've already been given for free. Nice site, good interviews, lets people talk without unnecessary interruption, intelligent questions, etc.

Would be the best in the business except for the business model.
Old 01-07-2010, 01:13 AM   #23
Dood
Avalon Golden Oldie

Wow...Talk about Bustin Mel's Bal...err..Chops.

Manipulation? With his Pre-views? I call it Marketing!
He is Marketing a Service! What is wrong with that? NOTHING!
The Pre-Views are very well done. Right down to the sound effects and music.
As also is his show.

Mel has been up front from the beginning. He is covering his costs and his TIME!
Time is valuable. He has to balance his time for this and his family.
Mel has told me on more then one occasion that he does not want to break up his family and hurt the people he holds dear.
He has seen that in the 'Radio Business'. He doesn't want his wife and children to become casualties and victims.

All these 'Ideas' that are being thrown at Mel on HOW to run 'his business'...Well, I'd say: "Do It Yourselves" if you think it is so easy.
Go out and start up a website and acquire the people to interview and just do it yourselves if you believe you have a better way of doing it.
Put up or Shut up!
There is no NEED to rip on Mel because you do not like how he runs 'his business'.
It is after all HIS BUSINESS.
You got a better way...then DO IT!

I pay for my Comcast Cable every month. To get what I truly want out of Comcast I then have to buy a 'package'.
Getting the High Definition Channels then I have to purchase the more expensive 'Packages'.
Also by having Comcast as my TV provider it makes my Internet less expensive.
There are many channels I do not watch but, in order to get what I want I have to pay for all of it.
There is no ala cart!
PLUS, there are other people in our household and they have their wants/needs that they want to see on TV.
I have to consider them.

I just paid for Mel's SERVICE at the beginning of November after my 3 month was up which was my own 'trial period' to see if I saw any VALUE in it.
I paid $79.50 for one year. I can live with that and I am out of work right now too.
(Hell, if I was him I would not even allow the 1st part to be downloadable to people that do not subscribe.
If they want to listen then they have to listen at the time it is 'playing' or maybe allow people to Stream It at anytime but, no downloading until you are a subscriber.
However, Mel doesn't do that)

That is all it is. THAT is the Kicker...VALUE! If someone sees VALUE in what Mel is producing then there is a MARKET for that.
He is doing a lot of work to get this information out for people in a format that I enjoy and once again see VALUE to it.
Others may not...Freedom of Choice. Go somewhere else and find your information.
No one is forcing this show on anyone.
Mel happens to package it up in a wonderful format. It is well produced.
It is easy to operate/use and the best thing is I can download the programs for listening when I want too.
Also for the last month I have not listened to any shows....yet!
I have not had the time. But, I can DOWNLOAD it and listen later and I will.
This is the beauty of his format for me...It can work around my schedule.
I do not have to follow anyone else's schedule...just my own.

Mel doesn't hog the mic. He ALLOWS his guests to speak without derailing their thoughts.
If he ever does have to take a break or whatever then the guests have always been giving the opportunity to speak THEIR minds.
He doesn't have his own agenda to push like I have seen with other people that host shows.
He doesn't STEP all over his guests with any agenda what so ever.
That is VALUABLE to me.

He also asks people like us what questions WE would ask.
I LIKE that. In other words...Mel has ALWAYS been approachable.
I have never seen him on a high horse or aloof with anyone.
To be able to let him know what questions that WE would like being asked is a good thing.
Once again...Valuable!

I have gotten to know Mel a bit and he has always been generous with his time and always has been professional and polite.
I can see having questions to ask him. I never seen Mel try to hide anything...
However, this accusing Mel of manipulation and deception is a cheap shot...A REAL Cheap Shot and disingenuous!
Dood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 01:34 AM   #24
Myplanet2
In The Mists

Yes, I know he walks on water and yada yada, but pay attention here Dood....What Mel does is deceptive marketing. He does NOT tell people in advance that when they listen to the free part, that the second part has to be paid for along with three months of other stuff they may have no interest in. He lets them listen and then springs the "and if you enjoyed this and want the other half, go subscribe real quick because we'll be right back".

Don't tell me somebody can't make a decent living without resorting to that kind of stuff.
Old 01-07-2010, 01:45 AM   #25
Lightpotential
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myplanet2 View Post
He lets them listen and then springs the "and if you enjoyed this and want the other half, go subscribe real quick because we'll be right back".

Don't tell me somebody can't make a decent living without resorting to that kind of stuff.
Dear MyPlanet...this is marketing. I see nothing sinister or immoral as such in this. Very shortly, I am to be publishing my own book, and intend to try to sell it through my website. I can only hope to God that I am able to write good copy

LP
Lightpotential is offline   Reply With Quote