Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Preparations / Advice

Notices

View Poll Results: Have you posted on a community thread today?
Yay, I posted on my community thread ! 8 72.73%
Yes, I posted on someone else's community thread. Get me! I'm community minded :0) 3 27.27%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-19-2010, 03:08 PM   #1
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member

Default Fantasy Avalon League

Isn't it about time we got talking about communities again?

How many of your reading this have found a thread relating to an Avalon group in your area and contacted the people there ? When was the last time you posted on that thread?

How come each time I read down the new posts thread, I don't see any threads relating to 'community'? What's going on here? Lots about fear. A fair bit about love. But that's love in a hypothetical sense. Nothing about communities. Who's buying some land? Who's thinking of moving? Who's learning a new skill?

OK, First off, this thread is not about football . It's about building a hypothetical template for your favourite place to live and dwell with other light minded people.

Let's build an imaginary community, here on this thread! Please put your ideas and thoughts down here, then maybe the individual community threads can look here for ideas !

For example:

How many people to have in an ideal community? What basic skills do they need to have? What will they eat? How will they live? On an island? In a wood? In an existing town or city? Should they buy a place, or build it?

There's no right or wrong, but let's use a portion of our energy to go the next step. A community could exist spread out, it doesn't have to be men in sherwood forest. It could be a group that meet and share their knowledge and skills in a town or city with one another, for free.

C'mon peeps... let's get Avalon creative !

Let's put down ideas for anything from a little island community with palm trees, coconuts and chickens to an underground cave system with electric lights and geothermal heating ! Or even a loose system of community support - why should we have to learn how to do everything ourselves?

K

Last edited by Kulapops; 01-20-2010 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Readability
Kulapops is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
community