Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 09-24-2008, 10:09 PM   #1
Darren Swisher
Avalon Senior Member

Default Morality and truthfulness in the forums.

Hello all just wanted to express how happy I am to be a part of project Avalon and the forums.

I just wanted to touch base on something I have noticed with this site and other forums.

I want to talk about honesty, integrity, character, reliability, honor, pride, and ethics.

Almost all of our members are not using there real names. I realize there are many reasons why this is and none of the answer I will receive are really good answers. But in order for any of us to really trust one another we need let go, stop hiding behind the “username” and reveal ourselves to the world. In other forums that I have been involved with it works very well. Just think of it as carrying on a conversion in a face to face environment. If you are trying to hide something, be disrespectful, lie or have other agendas then you do not need to be here.

Morality isn't based on subjective ideas on "good" and "bad".

It's based on objective principles of Right and Wrong.

To find the Moral is to find the Truth.

Human Nature as well as the nature of the Universe allows us to study not only the dry facts of reality, but also the philosophical implications of existence and the existence of life itself including the conciseness of man.

Thanks for listening,

Darren Swisher
Darren Swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 11:10 PM   #2
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Morality and truthfulness in the forums.

This is a lovely post Darren
and, i am so glad you posted it,
lots of good stuff in it, for us to remember

Welcome to project avalon

i look forward to hearing more of your wisdom

i am susan
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 11:18 PM   #3
Lance
Avalon Senior Member

Howdy All

Lance C. Roseman from the Sunshine Coast of BC here, I'll not hide my being, ever. Fear is failure and the forerunner of failure. Okay, that was a Crowley quote but WTF!
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 11:24 PM   #4
noelnewell
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Darren

My name really is Noël Newell and no, I'm not a cat. Haven't had time to put a picture of me up yet. However, the cat, Charm, is one of my most joyful companions!
noelnewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 11:26 PM   #5
clarkkent
Avalon Senior Member

kyle espeleta here, google my name or click on my profile and my real name is there...no hiding.

in fact i was bugging the secret service today and other agents protecting various U.N dignataries today, they were all at the sheraton and hilton in mid town manhattan were i was walking a dog (thats what i do)

the ukranian secret service were really gruff, i felt like chevy chase in "spies like us" an annoying goof asking if yeshenko was around. i wanted to see bush come out of the sheraton (he was eating lunch i guess) but it was a no go.

i was hoping he would want to come over and pet the dog i was walking and id get to tell him the "NWO will fail buddy!" but alas he didnt show and i had to go.

im sure there were people checking me in the windows and stuff above in other buildings.

who cares!

-kyle
clarkkent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 11:35 PM   #6
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

That's funny, good to have a sense of humor, as my avatar shows,Dan.
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 11:36 PM   #7
astropsyche
Avalon Senior Member

Darren I feel the avatars and pseudonyms etc are a great idea. To choose an image which reflects one's essence is very appealing to one such as me, who prefers to let my mind do the talking. My daily persona can be an encumbrance which cramps my style when engaging with others thousands of miles away. I think honesty and openness are crucial in a forum - but if folk prefer to remain incognito surely that is okay? The important thing to me is that we are all communicating on important issues and sharing insights, observations on the magical thing we call life, aspirations and apprehensions, and simple old-fashioned humour.
astropsyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 11:57 PM   #8
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by noelnewell View Post
Hi Darren

My name really is Noël Newell and no, I'm not a cat. Haven't had time to put a picture of me up yet. However, the cat, Charm, is one of my most joyful companions!
hi charm...and, Noël

i miss my cat,
he left on 17may2007, i think
after 15 1/2 years

you are lucky to have Charm
(what an awesome cat)

cats can teach you a lot about rising
your vibration...also, if you spend a little time,
everyday, trying to imitate the cat purr,
you enver get sick

not sure, where a cat is on hawkins scale,
about 500 i think

brightest blessings to all

susan
the eXchanger
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 12:06 AM   #9
historycircus

Complete anonymity can lead to complete expression. Those who might be inhibited because of what might be at stake in our physical world might not express thier true feelings without anonymity. Keep in mind that, as far as I know, "Henry Deacon" is a psudonym. Some may not have a choice. We should not judge anyone for not putting their real names out there - they could have a lot to lose, such as their ability to contribute meaningful information to those who are listening.

Mike
Old 09-25-2008, 12:10 AM   #10
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Swisher View Post
I want to talk about honesty, integrity, character, reliability, honor, pride, and ethics.
If you are trying to hide something, be disrespectful, lie or have other agendas then you do not need to be here.
You dont need my real name to work out if what I post is honest etc. You simply need to read the words and decide.

I have chosen to remain behind an alias for practical operational security reasons, and to stop my real life becoming akward professionally.

There will come a time when I will be happy to post my photo, tell you my real name etc, but that time is not now. Sorry.

A..

Last edited by Anchor; 09-25-2008 at 06:41 AM.
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 05:15 AM   #11
Morgan
Avalon Senior Member

I appreciate the intentions of the OP, but I reserve the right to privacy.

Giving out one's real name provides anyone at all with the ability to gather information about oneself. Fear or no fear, I do not feel it necessary to disclose to a bunch of strangers in a forum my career, the high school I attended, where I live, etc.

So, Morgan is shall be
Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 05:20 AM   #12
Tuza

My real name is on the round table, and if you Goggle my real name it takes up about three quarters of the full page - here then - Heather Dolheguy.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:11 AM   #13
Esteban
Avalon Senior Member

I'm Esteban Danilo Villanova Montenegro from Chile. greetings to all.
Esteban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 06:18 AM   #14
Mori
Avalon Senior Member

As much as I have tried to remember, my real name has eluded me. During the time before current a name was irrelevant. If a name was relevant I would have remembered what it was. I do not understand the question.
Mori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 06:25 AM   #15
Frank Samuel
Project Avalon Moderator

hey my name is Frank Samuel and no I'm not keen on pictures. Not my thing.
Even with my babies and family, just not my thing. I learn to look beyond the picture . My pictures are stored in my mind. I let my wife take the pictures.
Frank Samuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 10:35 PM   #16
Shellie
Banned

I have a vicious and vindictive ex-husband who is a pathological narcissist. He doesn't need to know what I am up to.

Oh... he is also an Islamofascist from a certain "rogue/terrorist" country, and feels death is the punishment for apostasy.

Last edited by Shellie; 09-26-2008 at 10:38 PM.
Shellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 10:54 PM   #17
777 The Great Work
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Swisher View Post
Hello all just wanted to express how happy I am to be a part of project Avalon and the forums.

I just wanted to touch base on something I have noticed with this site and other forums.

Almost all of our members are not using there real names. I realize there are many reasons why this is and none of the answer I will receive are really good answers. But in order for any of us to really trust one another we need let go, stop hiding behind the “username” and reveal ourselves to the world. In other forums that I have been involved with it works very well. Just think of it as carrying on a conversion in a face to face environment. If you are trying to hide something, be disrespectful, lie or have other agendas then you do not need to be here.

Morality isn't based on subjective ideas on "good" and "bad".

It's based on objective principles of Right and Wrong.

To find the Moral is to find the Truth.

Human Nature as well as the nature of the Universe allows us to study not only the dry facts of reality, but also the philosophical implications of existence and the existence of life itself including the conciseness of man.

Thanks for listening,

Darren Swisher
I feel we use these names because we are becomming something else.
This is what feels good and its how we see ourselves. We are becomming one mind , one thought and one idea. Soon all the names wil dissapear as we merge into oneness.
777 The Great Work is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 11:04 PM   #18
GenerationIke
Avalon Senior Member

If you notice Darren, little by little I am doing just that! And in the next few more posts, I'll just bet someone will finally see the light and know who I am.

(Maybe my government friends, you think? hehe)

Anyway, I'm all for the truth, and I have a whopper to post about the economics and financials. What I was reading about today already in my possession that's linked to what I posted or pmed to somebody earlier.

Very shortly, I will share with all of you. And I hope Ben Fulford can shed the remaining light on what I have in my possession because it DOES have something to do with the Japanese, the economy and "a few good men's" trying to stir the pot to make a brawling mess between Japan and the United States. The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. so help me, Ben!
GenerationIke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 11:07 PM   #19
TranceAm
Avalon Senior Member

Thumbs up Re: Morality and truthfulness in the forums.

"Almost all of our members are not using there real names. I realize there are many reasons why this is and none of the answer I will receive are really good answers. But in order for any of us to really trust one another we need let go, stop hiding behind the “username” and reveal ourselves to the world."

How about this for a candy apples:

My "real" name (As you call it and we all are "trained"/"educated"/"indoctrinated" with and even punished if we don't use it....) is the name given to me, and put into the system and databases for control and commercial purposes.. Nothing more then the catalog entry of all the stuff like fingerprints, credit cards, drivers and other licences,
DNA and god knows what more..

However, my "real" name was never the name >I< chose for myself.
As a matter of fact, "I" had nothing to do with it, and no influence over it.
It was chosen for me, and basically as much worth to me as my Social Security Number. (Keep in mind, that I am grateful to my parents to have given birth to my physical body, and I don't blame them that they had to obey the system of how to name/register me....)

Here in this virtual world I can use my OWN name, the one "I" identify with, the one "I" chose for myself, and will identify with (if nessesary.) long after I lose my "real" name.

To make it even more interesting:
i got 2 names chosen for my spirit... TranceAm is for Peace,
And my "real" name is nothing more then the bumper sticker on the physical appearance, when you meet my physical appearance..

Is this answer good enough?
btw2, Each message/post/reply has to get credit for itself by its message..

TranceAm -> Conditioning -->
http://www.osho.com/magazine/tarot/T...?All=Yes&Nr=16

Unless you drop your personality you will not be able to find your individuality.
Individuality is given by existence; personality is imposed by the society. Personality is
social convenience.

Society cannot tolerate individuality, because individuality will not follow like a sheep.
Individuality has the quality of the lion; the lion moves alone. The sheep are always in the
crowd, hoping that being in the crowd will feel cozy. Being in the crowd one feels more
protected, secure. If somebody attacks, there is every possibility in a crowd to save yourself.
But alone? - only the lions move alone.

And every one of you is born a lion, but the society goes on conditioning you,
programming your mind as a sheep. It gives you a personality, a cozy personality, nice, very
convenient, very obedient. Society wants slaves, not people who are absolutely dedicated to
freedom. Society wants slaves because all the vested interests want obedience.

Osho One Seed Makes the Whole Earth Green Chapter 4

Commentary:

This card recalls an old Zen story, about a lion who was brought up by sheep and who thought he was a sheep until
an old lion captured him and took him to a pond, where he showed him his own reflection. Many of us are like this
lion - the image we have of ourselves comes not from our own direct experience but from the opinions of others.
A "personality" imposed from the outside replaces the individuality that could have grown from within. We
become just another sheep in the herd, unable to move freely and unconscious of our own true identity.

It's time to take a look at your own reflection in the pond, and make a move to break out of whatever you have
been conditioned by others to believe about yourself. Dance, run, jog, do gibberish - whatever is needed to wake up
the sleeping lion within.

TranceAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 11:19 PM   #20
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

I'm not sure how much a screen name has to do with integrity and morality. There are already a few folks here with my cell phone number and who know who I am. We're planning to meet very soon. On the other hand I don't know where my identity might travel on the Internet. I've been the victim of identity theft once. And I see no reason to make it even easier for the pigs to find me.

I'm Dave, and I'm in the book.
whitecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 11:19 PM   #21
nodrog
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
But in order for any of us to really trust one another we need let go, stop hiding behind the “username” and reveal ourselves to the world.
Hmmmm... trust has to be earned. Honesty does not. I can be honest without you knowing my real name.

If I was a member of some special task force commanded with identifying dissidents to the NWO, one of the first places I would go is the internet and forums that provide user information and where dissonant views are expressed. I would then make a list of the names, especially those with websites and RL addresses. I would then go through the list looking for cross references to phone books or websites. Depending on my brief, I would "profile" the list and determine who, by the evidence, are those that might pose a threat to the NWO.

On that basis I would say that transparency in these times and in this context is naive. There are enemies of truth, goodness and purity. Sometimes truth must be concealed. Even God does it.

I rest my case.

Regards, nodrog.
nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 11:30 PM   #22
TranceAm
Avalon Senior Member

"If I was a member of some special task force commanded with identifying dissidents to the NWO, one of the first places I would go is the internet and forums that provide user information and where dissonant views are expressed."

That is so yester millenium..

I would make my echelon and carnivore black boxes operating in the ISP for Total Information Awareness, scan each and every TCP/IP packet and analyse if there were forbidden/trigger words.. If any flag comes up positive, It would trigger that all communication be copied to a field officer who would take the descision to monitor ALL communication from that IP... Mostly for future references, after all laws change, and sometime they change something in the past lawful, to unlawful

The adresses of emails, IRC channels, HTTP adresses would only be used to register the network of individuals, and gather new IP adresses to be monitored a la McCarthy.

Edit : Hi Officer.. At least You every time get something interesting to read.... And you can not, just can not unread thoughts... :P

btw, who gave us the internet, and why exactly? ;-)

Last edited by TranceAm; 09-26-2008 at 11:37 PM.
TranceAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 11:34 PM   #23
DeeZe
Avalon Senior Member

Actually, all of my friends call me DeeZe. I've had the nickname for over 5 years now.

The name I was given at birth is Robert Bourgeau.

Peace and love,
(:-DeeZe
DeeZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 11:39 PM   #24
Chris Parson
Avalon Senior Member

i'm into using my real name. and i appreciate it when others do as well. but i understand why some might feel the need to protect themselves and those near them.
Chris Parson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 11:44 PM   #25
Chris Parson
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 The Great Work View Post
I feel we use these names because we are becomming something else.
This is what feels good and its how we see ourselves. We are becomming one mind , one thought and one idea. Soon all the names wil dissapear as we merge into oneness.
in David Cronenberg's 1983 macabre tribute to Marshall Mcluhan, Videodrome, the character Brian O'bilivion (who was based on Mcluhan) says "Soon all of us will have special names. Names designed to cause the cathode ray tube to resonate."

Indeedy.
Chris Parson is offline   Reply With Quote