Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 10-10-2008, 05:21 PM   #1
notkuroda
Avalon Senior Member

Default What are your standards of truth?

I'm just curious, I've read some interesting theories on here, sometimes the source is sited. When it is, I've never heard of the source or understood why it should be taken as truth. When these theories are challenged, the challengers are accused of being naive, and if they don't know that the illuminati is planning on enslaving the world after the UFO comes on October 14th, then they must have their heads in the sand. So I guess my question is, isn't it possible that a lot of these books and websites that you all get information from is lying to you the same way the corporate media is? Why do you put so much trust in these sources and so little on anyone else?
notkuroda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 06:34 PM   #2
Heretic
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: What are your standards of truth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by notkuroda View Post
I'm just curious, I've read some interesting theories on here, sometimes the source is sited. When it is, I've never heard of the source or understood why it should be taken as truth. When these theories are challenged, the challengers are accused of being naive, and if they don't know that the illuminati is planning on enslaving the world after the UFO comes on October 14th, then they must have their heads in the sand. So I guess my question is, isn't it possible that a lot of these books and websites that you all get information from is lying to you the same way the corporate media is? Why do you put so much trust in these sources and so little on anyone else?
its not just an intellectual journey, it is a spiritual one. Not everyone is believing the same thing, in fact most everyone has their own private set of beliefs concerning all of this, and few if any ideologies match perfectly. People get emotionally attached to these ideas and defend them emotionally as well.
Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 06:36 PM   #3
milk and honey
Avalon Senior Member

Those are very sensible questions notkuroda. It would be good if everyone started from that premise and worked their way forward. A lot of truth seekers apply the same unfounded respect for authority to their truth seeking as worldly people do in the world. They just transfer it to new authorities and believe that they are now awake.
milk and honey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 06:43 PM   #4
ghglenn
Avalon Senior Member

I think everyone has an internal gage that they use to decide if something is valid or not. There is a lot of information/disinformation to filter through. What is and what isn't true comes from within. It has become easy to me on this site to smell the B.S. and find the truth. i.e.- if aliens actually show up on Oct. 14th I will be eating crow...just my .02
ghglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 03:50 PM   #5
notkuroda
Avalon Senior Member

thanks guys, good to know I'm not crazy here.

I really would love to know why people buy into some of this stuff. I consider myself very open minded, and I believe in things that are beyond explanation. I've also had my own experiences that if I shared I may be locked up in a psych ward.

But I've also noticed that a lot of the people who give this information have books to sell and website subscriptions to promote. So why do we trust them more than CNN, who is also out to make money?

And the October 14th thing? I have no idea why this has become such a popular topic of conversation. People have been setting dates for alien arrivals for years. They've all been wrong. Then this complete unknown has a channeling and sets a date and the entire community seems to be making plans for tomorrow. I really don't get it.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:53 PM   #6
notkuroda
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
its not just an intellectual journey, it is a spiritual one. Not everyone is believing the same thing, in fact most everyone has their own private set of beliefs concerning all of this, and few if any ideologies match perfectly. People get emotionally attached to these ideas and defend them emotionally as well.

I love to hear people speak of their own spiritual journeys. I know that mine is different than 99% of the population, and I'm ok with that! But it seems like here, if you don't believe in the illuminati, you're missing a basic premise of all the other info listed here. That's not to say I don't believe in dark forces, conspiracies, secret societies, whatever. I just don't think the illuminati is the answer to all that.