Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 01-14-2009, 09:39 PM   #1
franciejones
Banned

Default Why is no one discussing the digital TV thing?

I have asked around and peoples eyes seem to glaze over when I ask why we are switching to digital here in the USA. I even emailed Bill about a year ago asking if he or Kerry had heard anything regarding the REAL reason for this. No answer. Other folks LITERALLY get a glazed look in their eyes when I bring it up.

1. Why going digital?
2. What happens to the old analog signal?
3. Why does the government (other than the obvious FCC) seem so "on board"?
4. WHY WHY WHY does no one talk about this?

Anyone have any clues about this other than the garbage reason we are being fed?

All I know is, that since the announcement of this change a few years ago, I have felt increasingly uneasy about it. I am stuck with my damn TV as my husband and stepson are not at all willing to let it go. What do you guys think about this....really.
franciejones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:44 PM   #2
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Default Re: Why is no one discussing the digital TV thing?

Steve_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:11 PM   #3
Egg
Banned

Mind control.

I absolutely totally utterly am kidding you not here. My total belief is that this is part of a digitsed carrier signal for tuning into the frequencies the brain works at, and sending out pacification signals.

The brain works at a certain frequency, and Tetra (airwaves) Police radio system operates very close to it indeed already. What happens to Police after a day using it? they are like zombies, and their is a sharp rise in cancers where the radio sits for 8 /10 /12 hours.

Add to this digital phones, add to this wi-fi networks, add to this digital television, and I will wager money on a system ready for 2011 to pacify the masses through electronic manipulation.
Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:16 PM   #4
Carmen
Avalon Senior Member

We sold our TV FrancieJones on trademe for one dollar reserve. There was a bidding war near the end of the auction and we got the princely sum of twenty dollars for it. No regrets. Its such a mind-control device. People (especially children) lose the ability to focus for more than six minutes at a time. (between ads). It was my daughter's descision which was great, because she was quite addicted to the thing. Several times after we got rid of it, she said "Just as well it was my descision to get rid of it!' The old addiction was still trying to kick in. Its just so boring. How many rapes and murders and stupid reality shows can a person take of an evening!

Cheers

Carmen
Carmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:28 PM   #5
franciejones
Banned

Egg, Carmen....thanks for the replies. I have and AM trying to convince my small family of getting rid of the television (we have 3...gag!) In February when the switch happens, my boys TV will not work any longer and my husband was very "up in arms" about it. I then started pushing harder to get rid of our cable service....we would save nearly 1,000.00 per year...I have lost up to this point, but will keep trying to make my case. I will stop watching TV to make my point. They will see much less of me unfortunately, but perhaps they will see I am determined to make the change. Any other info would be appreciated folks.

Thanks,

Francie Jones
Old 01-14-2009, 10:28 PM   #6
Barron
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Carmen.

good on ya! If i could convince my wife to throw it away I would too, although i do like watching uplifting spiritually themed DVD films thru the tele.

When the TV is on though, it is normally travel or cooking shows that we enjoy. Oh, and i like to watch surfing on the box too when it is on which is rare.
Barron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:31 PM   #7
Steve_G

Mind control is certainly one reason. Another is money. Instead of 5 channels paying for broadcast licenses there are 250. Add in the taxes from the advertising companies, operational companies, engineers etc and I bet you get a rather tidy sum.

CH-CHIIIING!!!

Edit: Almost forgot the new equipment everyone will need to buy to feed their addiction.

Last edited by Steve_G; 01-14-2009 at 10:56 PM.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:36 PM   #8
777 The Great Work
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by franciejones View Post
i have asked around and peoples eyes seem to glaze over when i ask why we are switching to digital here in the usa. I even emailed bill about a year ago asking if he or kerry had heard anything regarding the real reason for this. No answer. Other folks literally get a glazed look in their eyes when i bring it up.

1. Why going digital?
3. Why does the government (other than the obvious fcc) seem so "on board"?
4. Why why why does no one talk about this?

Anyone have any clues about this other than the garbage reason we are being fed?

All i know is, that since the announcement of this change a few years ago, i have felt increasingly uneasy about it. I am stuck with my damn tv as my husband and stepson are not at all willing to let it go. What do you guys think about this....really.
AND THE SURVEY SAYS

MIND CONTROL

777 The Great Work is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:41 PM   #9
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

It's to free up bandwidth, there's only so much room and it's getting cluttered fast.

Police,Fire,Rescue, all of these use a lower frequency so as to not be bothered by buildings,trees and other things.Satellite communications are in the GHZ which is higher than regular radio communications, but if you ever notice that it's easily blocked by trees,buildings and whatever. You need a direct line of sight with satellite communications, not with radio communications.

Notice on the chart that our vision (what we see) is above infrared and below ultraviolet.
Behind every move of the government there's a conspiracy theorist, but that doesn't mean there's an actual conspiracy. This is a move to simply free up bandwidth for other uses besides TV. That's it!

Last edited by Dantheman62; 01-14-2009 at 10:44 PM.
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:53 PM   #10
Carmen
Avalon Senior Member

The mind control is in the imagery. The brain works on imagery. What is taken in is reproduced, especially in young people. No mystery to what is causing our violent society.No mystery to what we buy in shops. It on the telly . Advertisers know the power of imagery.
Carmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:54 PM   #11
777 The Great Work
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantheman62 View Post
It's to free up bandwidth, there's only so much room and it's getting cluttered fast.

Police,Fire,Rescue, all of these use a lower frequency so as to not be bothered by buildings,trees and other things.Satellite communications are in the GHZ which is higher than regular radio communications, but if you ever notice that it's easily blocked by trees,buildings and whatever. You need a direct line of sight with satellite communications, not with radio communications.

Notice on the chart that our vision (what we see) is above infrared and below ultraviolet.
Behind every move of the government there's a conspiracy theorist, but that doesn't mean there's an actual conspiracy. This is a move to simply free up bandwidth for other uses besides TV. That's it!

There is no conspiracy ,this is just the way it is. There is no such thing as a gov't conspiracy.
What about the infinite number of thoughts that travel through airwaves,wouldn't you want those to go digital to?

Last edited by 777 The Great Work; 01-14-2009 at 11:01 PM.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:55 PM   #12
Steve_G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantheman62 View Post

It's a decent enough cover story I suppose...

I'm less bothered by digital in general than by hi def. More dots means they can cram in more subliminal ****. Once hi def is standard my already low TV watching level will fall to zero.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:02 PM   #13
franciejones
Banned

Dantheman...thanks for giving it the "old college try"...however, that is the answer that I believe falls into the catergory of "what we are being fed". I am not professing to have a working knowledge of bandwidths or the like...but that answer does not resonate for me as truth. I am truly afraid (a bit embarrassed to admit this) that this change over will be the beginning of a true zombie nation. People are acting more and more strangely and I am very concerned about what will be coming out of the TV that we are not aware of. It has already been going on for years and I am certain that it is about to get a whole lot uglier.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:04 PM   #14
777 The Great Work
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Dantheman...thanks for giving it the "old college try"...however, that is the answer that I believe falls into the catergory of "what we are being fed". I am not professing to have a working knowledge of bandwidths or the like...but that answer does not resonate for me as truth. I am truly afraid (a bit embarrassed to admit this) that this change over will be the beginning of a true zombie nation. People are acting more and more strangely and I am very concerned about what will be coming out of the TV that we are not aware of. It has already been going on for years and I am certain that it is about to get a whole lot uglier.
The switch is timely with the inauguration.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:08 PM   #15
Egg
Banned

<Pill>

Its ok folks, trust your government, never watch or anaylse their actions or motives, and never, ever question what they are doing to your mind.

Baa baa pink sheep, being sheared by Wolves, they all took the blue pill as it cured their ills........

Last edited by Egg; 01-14-2009 at 11:38 PM.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:08 PM   #16
Swanny
I dont need a label !

I reckon if they can do it with teles then they could do the same with the PC your sat in front of.
PC's have been HD for years.

I love the F1 so don't have much choice about having a tele. I dont watch it much anyway so mine can stay for the time being.
Anyway if the SHTF we mite not have electricity soon anyway
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 11:13 PM   #17
Egg
Banned

Heres your blue pill: <pill>

Go back to sleep.

Last edited by Egg; 01-14-2009 at 11:35 PM.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:30 PM   #18
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Hi franciejones,

I watched the answers from the others and decided to reply with more than glazed eyes this time.

Digital TV offers more in terms of resources, very much like your computer does, or your video camera. I could ask you why video cameras were changed from analogue (those pesky tapes) to digital (memory sticks, pen drives, mini disks etc.), or why did music turn digital?

Eventually, your TV, sound system and computer will all be integrated digitally, very much like your cell phone has, advancing them to take photos, videos and playing radios and MP3s.

Digital TV allows you to have a bigger screen as, just like in a digital camera you can increase the pixels as newer models come out and higher definition becomes the norm, as well as eventually 3D TV will be brought on to the market.

To answer your other questions:

You can buy a box that fits under your analogue TV which will convert the digital signal to work with your set. That's if you don't wish to splash out on a new set.

Governments go 'on board' only for egoistic reasons. Lobbyists spend a lot of money to convince the law makers and policy makers to understand their cause. For everyone to convert to digital TV will mean a heating up of the electronics market, so companies like Phillips would probably like to pressure for the conversion.

Here in Brazil there was a project made to offer $100 laptops free to public school children. The government doesn't want to do this because it is a goody two shoes. It's because some senator or group of senators got a whopping back hander to send the legislation to the senate, so that a company could facture a rediculous amount of public money. Unfortunately greed got in the way as the laptops were eventually being offered for $350. But politics is like that.

Why would someone spend half a billion dollars to be elected to a post where they will only receive 2 million dollars after their term in office? Because that's how much Obama spent and how much he will earn over the first term:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preside..._States#Salary

No-one really talks about the subject of digital TV because most of the world already has digital TV (even here in Brazil) operating in their country.

Best regards,

Steve

Quote:
I have asked around and peoples eyes seem to glaze over when I ask why we are switching to digital here in the USA. I even emailed Bill about a year ago asking if he or Kerry had heard anything regarding the REAL reason for this. No answer. Other folks LITERALLY get a glazed look in their eyes when I bring it up.

1. Why going digital?
3. Why does the government (other than the obvious FCC) seem so "on board"?
4. WHY WHY WHY does no one talk about this?

All I know is, that since the announcement of this change a few years ago, I have felt increasingly uneasy about it. I am stuck with my damn TV as my husband and stepson are not at all willing to let it go. What do you guys think about this....really.
Steve_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 11:50 PM   #19
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Hey egg, you don't know anything about me, but that's ok because obviously I don't know what I'm talking about. So have a great day and a pleasant tomorrow!

Last edited by Dantheman62; 01-14-2009 at 11:53 PM.
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 11:51 PM   #20
Colin

A little off topic, but, did you know that a digital tv picture is actually LOWER quality than an analogue picture. ( I used to work for NTL here in the UK & this stuff was part of the basic training)

The advertising hype is just that..hype!

In laymans terms, a digital signal is compressed so much that if you watch fast action on the screen, the further away from the centre of the picture you look, the more it pixelates.

..and because the signal is so compressed numerous other things can piggy back on the same mux
Old 01-14-2009, 11:56 PM   #21
Breaking Thunder
Avalon Senior Member

There was a book out in the seventies entitled ' Four Arguments For The Elimination of Television ' by Jerry Mander. I remember him stating that while watching the T.V. Young children ( I suppose Adults also) went into an Alpha Brainwave state due to the flickering light of the cathode ray tub. I don't know what the effect there is of the new LCD or plasma screens. The Alpha state can put people into a highly receptive frame of mind, Thats why they call the content PROGRAMING. They had TV before the second world war but waited until after WW2 to bring it out as a means to market desire and product.

There is some suggestion that the new sets have very small cameras built into the monitor just as most newer computers have a hidden microphones in them to monitor the ambient sounds in your home. Goggle can listen in on what music you listen to so they can market to your tastes and demographic.

This might be of interest to you regarding the new digital television.

http://educate-yourself.org/lte/HDtv...a12apr08.shtml

and

http://www.fourwinds10.com/siterun_d...p?q=1229966425

and

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/fo...sage699338/pg1
Breaking Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 12:20 AM   #22
voltron
Avalon Senior Member

I am so glad you asked. I heard on http://www.unknowncountry.com an interview with Dannion Brinkley about 2009. He said when the ditigal TV comes in, it will allow us to see and communicate with 4th and 5th dimensional entities. He called them ETS. I thought it so unbelievable I did not mention it. But since you bring it up...go to the web site and click on the link to DREAMLAND. SEVERAL SHOWS WILL SHOW UP IN A MENU. Click on the one marked: "Joy in Dark Times," December 27, 2009.
voltron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 12:27 AM   #23
Barron
Avalon Senior Member

Not sure if it is the flickering screen causing the "alpha" brainwave pattern but as a qualified hypnotherapist i can say authoritatively that most people do indeed go into the "alpha" brainwave pattern which is classed as a light trance or light trancelike state whereby the critical reasoning faculty of the brain is much more easily bypassed. (In layman's terms, this means that you are much more susceptible to suggestion.)
Barron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 12:27 AM   #24
fossileyesed
Avalon Senior Member

here is a very interesting you tube clip,that shows one use for digital signals.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjRAcajFte0 mind boggling{pun intended}

peace,love squared to the power of infinity........kent
fossileyesed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 12:37 AM   #25
Jack
Avalon Senior Member

ohh jeeez, i hate going out on a limb here.. sometimes it makes me look all conspiratorial but heck this is avalon, everyone else is nuts here anyways.

Just seems like a funny time to be going digital given the current state of affairs and the future we are seemingly faced with. The fact that the earth is undergoing massive changes which may very well include the raising of earths vibrational frequency just seems to coincide eerily with the change of frequencies the government are imposing upon our precious brainwashing boxes.

Does anyone know where the line seperating paranoia and logical thinking is? .. i just cant seem to find it these days
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote