Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2009, 11:03 PM   #26
Rozzy
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Yukon
Posts: 29
Default Re: Canada's Inuit notice the Sun is not where it should be.

I live and work in the far north and the sun looks just fine to me, same as last year, the year before and the decades i remember before that, go figure eh!
Rozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 11:36 PM   #27
Jonah
Avalon Senior Member
 
Jonah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sacramento Ca
Posts: 366
Default Re: Canada's Inuit notice the Sun is not where it should be.

Looks as though we are not alone in our observations of the sun



http://www.godlikeproductions.com/fo...age371651/pg12
http://www.zetatalk.com/index/earth243.htm
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread288581/pg1
Jonah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 01:27 AM   #28
Mizar
Avalon Senior Member
 
Mizar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 162
Default Re: Canada's Inuit notice the Sun is not where it should be.

According to the calculations in the 2009 Nautical Almanac, and measuring directly with my Sextant, the Sun, and the Stars are exactly where they should be, however I have read recent reports that clocks have been off by up to two hours. The Analemma will put the sun in the "Wrong" position by as much as 16 minutes, the sun is either "Fast" or slow by that amount, the " equation of time" is used to correct for the effects of the Analemma.
Mizar
Mizar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 06:44 AM   #29
no caste
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,375
Default Re: Canada's Inuit notice the Sun is not where it should be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
It's also a lot whiter than it used to be, not yellow any more
Hi Swanny - I saw this old article when I was looking for a CBC podcast about the Mayan calendar, about the brightening and dimming of the sun. I do know that the sun has been dimming now too. I kind of attributed it to pollution and chemtrails. (Who knows!)

Bright sun made dark days in Mayan history
Last Updated: Friday, May 18, 2001 | 3:45 PM ET

Researchers have found a link between the evolution of the ancient Mayan civilization and the cycle of the sun. They say that every 208 years, the Mayans' homeland in Mexico was affected by droughts caused by the dimming and brightening of the Sun. And these droughts coincide with major events in Mayan history.

The researchers say the cycle coincides with the collapse of the classic Mayan civilization in the ninth century and the abandonment of pre-classic Mayan sites between 475 and 250 BC and between AD 125 and 210.
http://www.cbc.ca/health/story/2001/..._ow010518.html

- also -

Why the Sun seems to be 'dimming'
Last Updated: Thursday, 13 January 2005, 14:10 GMT
We are all seeing rather less of the Sun, according to scientists who have been looking at five decades of sunlight measurements. They have reached the disturbing conclusion that the amount of solar energy reaching the Earth's surface has been gradually falling.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/4171591.stm
no caste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 07:04 AM   #30
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,659
Default Re: Canada's Inuit notice the Sun is not where it should be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no caste View Post
Oh ****! That would be a bummer. WHO SWITCHED OUR SUNS??!! I DEMAND AN ANSWER NOW!!

I wonder if atmospheric changes (say, chemtrails and pollution) are changing the look of it for us. The atmosphere is like an optical lens.

It is a compact fluorescent (CFL) Energy Star certified sun, did not you get the memo -- whoops sorry about that!!!
Gnosis5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 07:06 AM   #31
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,659
Default Re: Canada's Inuit notice the Sun is not where it should be.

No sun, then what next -- no wind! How am I ever going to move off the grid!!!

gnosis



Quote:
Originally Posted by no caste View Post
Hi Swanny - I saw this old article when I was looking for a CBC podcast about the Mayan calendar, about the brightening and dimming of the sun. I do know that the sun has been dimming now too. I kind of attributed it to pollution and chemtrails. (Who knows!)

Bright sun made dark days in Mayan history
Last Updated: Friday, May 18, 2001 | 3:45 PM ET

Researchers have found a link between the evolution of the ancient Mayan civilization and the cycle of the sun. They say that every 208 years, the Mayans' homeland in Mexico was affected by droughts caused by the dimming and brightening of the Sun. And these droughts coincide with major events in Mayan history.

The researchers say the cycle coincides with the collapse of the classic Mayan civilization in the ninth century and the abandonment of pre-classic Mayan sites between 475 and 250 BC and between AD 125 and 210.
http://www.cbc.ca/health/story/2001/..._ow010518.html

- also -

Why the Sun seems to be 'dimming'
Last Updated: Thursday, 13 January 2005, 14:10 GMT
We are all seeing rather less of the Sun, according to scientists who have been looking at five decades of sunlight measurements. They have reached the disturbing conclusion that the amount of solar energy reaching the Earth's surface has been gradually falling.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/4171591.stm
Gnosis5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 07:07 AM   #32
no caste
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,375
Default Re: Canada's Inuit notice the Sun is not where it should be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonah View Post
No caste I can never tell if your serious or not...

but i suppose this forum will do that to you....

If chemtrails and pollution are creating an optical illusion...

then perhaps these test could be conducted in an area where there is neither.
Jonah - This forum probably aids my inner absurdist, that's for sure. I don't know how (or if) a changed atmosphere, like less oxygen, altogether different chemical composition, would affect the appearance of the heavens.

When you said the sun's not ours, it made me think it got switched! Maybe the sun itself is changing. I mean, clearly it's ever-changing, ... everything's ever-changing, ... I better stop here to avoid another la-la land loop.

{breathe}
no caste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 07:09 AM   #33
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,659
Default Re: Canada's Inuit notice the Sun is not where it should be.

Glad you have a sextant and know how to use it, and here is a link that explains Analemma:

http://www.analemma.com/Pages/framesPage.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizar View Post
According to the calculations in the 2009 Nautical Almanac, and measuring directly with my Sextant, the Sun, and the Stars are exactly where they should be, however I have read recent reports that clocks have been off by up to two hours. The Analemma will put the sun in the "Wrong" position by as much as 16 minutes, the sun is either "Fast" or slow by that amount, the " equation of time" is used to correct for the effects of the Analemma.
Mizar
Gnosis5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 08:13 AM   #34
droid56
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Western Canada
Posts: 66
Default Re: Canada's Inuit notice the Sun is not where it should be.

I guess it is likely they are wrong in their observations, as the science dudes with science machines have pointed out.

But I'm still listening to the people who say they see unexpected things.
droid56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:51 AM   #35
Jonah
Avalon Senior Member
 
Jonah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sacramento Ca
Posts: 366
Default Re: Canada's Inuit notice the Sun is not where it should be.

Don't blame me for going to la-la land...

but since you brought it up....

multi-verse theory might explain such a switch....

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-m-theory.htm



Quote:
Originally Posted by no caste View Post
Jonah - This forum probably aids my inner absurdist, that's for sure. I don't know how (or if) a changed atmosphere, like less oxygen, altogether different chemical composition, would affect the appearance of the heavens.

When you said the sun's not ours, it made me think it got switched! Maybe the sun itself is changing. I mean, clearly it's ever-changing, ... everything's ever-changing, ... I better stop here to avoid another la-la land loop.

{breathe}

Last edited by Karen; 12-13-2009 at 10:23 AM. Reason: fix quotation brackets
Jonah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 02:35 PM   #36
Operator
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Caribbean
Posts: 375
Default Re: Canada's Inuit notice the Sun is not where it should be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no caste View Post
I don't know how (or if) a changed atmosphere, like less oxygen, altogether different chemical composition, would affect the appearance of the heavens.
Hi NC,

A very good point that crossed my mind too ...
I started a thread Wubbo Ockels explains how ‘time’ is created by human beings , it got 106 views but no replies.
So some people have seen that presentation but did not give any feedback on what they think about it.

In this presentation Wubbo mentions that, in relation to the topic of the presentation, we have a 'program' running in our brain that makes us perceive reality different.
This 'program' is not perfect and has flaws. One of them is that we see the sun or moon appearing bigger when they are close to the horizon.

Well we have a lot of crazy stuff happening north on this globe. Are circumstances changing so that we only perceive things differently ?

So ... there might be an interesting link that you bring up.
Operator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 04:39 PM   #37
Mizar
Avalon Senior Member
 
Mizar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 162
Default Re: Canada's Inuit notice the Sun is not where it should be.

Well, after a little more research, it appears that the Inuit are right, from their perspective, with low sun angles and higher atmospheric refraction corrections their sun has indeed moved. Here's a link to the article;
http://www.eh2r.com/
For us farther south, nothing has changed, I stand corrected.
Mizar
Mizar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 04:41 PM   #38
no caste
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,375
Default Re: Canada's Inuit notice the Sun is not where it should be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by droid56 View Post
I guess it is likely they are wrong in their observations, as the science dudes with science machines have pointed out.

But I'm still listening to the people who say they see unexpected things.
droid56 - Me too. I don't trust science guys and gals There's also perception, AND the earth's crust floats around too. I knew of a seismologist whose job it was to measure the mountains moving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonah View Post
Don't blame me for going to la-la land...
but since you brought it up....
multi-verse theory might explain such a switch....
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-m-theory.htm
Jonah - Thanks for that link, really one of my favorite topics, right from when I was a physics student. I'm actually pretty happy for chances to go to lala land anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operator View Post
I started a thread Wubbo Ockels explains how ‘time’ is created by human beings ... In this presentation Wubbo mentions that, in relation to the topic of the presentation, we have a 'program' running in our brain that makes us perceive reality different.
Thanks, Operator for mentioning that video. I added this link about a similar program I heard on that thread too.

Julian Barbour, The End of Time: The Next Revolution in Physics
http://www.cbc.ca/ideas/features/liv...ime/index.html
no caste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 12:20 PM   #39
yiolas
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Nicosia, Cyprus
Posts: 133
Default Re: Canada's Inuit notice the Sun is not where it should be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindabaker View Post
I have noticed an approximate 15 degree shift in the position of the sunrise. (I face dawn through my windows.) Last year at this time, the sun came up directly into my face as I sat with my laptop, same chair, same position. Now, the sun comes up a little to the right, or south, if I'm calculating correctly. Anybody else notice this? I remember that sometimes I had to put sunglasses on, as I don't have curtains. I remember thinking how wonderful it is to now live in the South, and laughing about ordering sunglasses online for my birthday present to myself, so I know it was December. Has the predicted pole shift happened on a timeline/place wherein the change was non-violent? Have we successfully managed this change without trauma? Or am I imagining this? Is crustal slippage still in our "future?" Geez, now I'm asking questions like orthodoxymoron! HA Ha...LB
Hi Guys,
Now that this subject has been brought up, here's my two cents worth. I live on an island in the Southeast Meditteranean. Before I went to work full time I always enjoyed sitting in a certain spot on my veranda in the late afternoon and watch the sun set over the distant hills. The colors were truly spectacular. I then began fulltime work in mid 2008 and wasn't home until after dark. I've tried a few times since then on the weekends or on one of my off days to sit and watch the sunset, but I have not been able to because it now sets approximately 15 degrees to the left or east, which puts it exactly behind my neighbor's very tall pine trees. Those trees have been very tall for at least 15 years. My friend and I often watched these sunsets together and coincidentaly brought this up just a few weeks ago. She confirmed to me as well where we would see the sun set in the past. Both of us are baffled by this change. I wonder if anyone can explain this ?

Last edited by yiolas; 12-14-2009 at 08:15 PM.
yiolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 04:35 PM   #40
Rareheart
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: SE Coast, US
Posts: 195
Default Re: Canada's Inuit notice the Sun is not where it should be.

If any astronomical changes have occurred, absolute evidence should be provided through any of the multitude of ancient sites, purposely aligned with such objects...ie, Stonehenge, Pyramids...etc.

Rareheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 05:04 PM   #41
Jonah
Avalon Senior Member
 
Jonah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sacramento Ca
Posts: 366
Default Re: Canada's Inuit notice the Sun is not where it should be.

All which allow limited access nowadays.
Jonah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 09:39 AM   #42
AscendingStarseed
Avalon Senior Member
 
AscendingStarseed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Los Angeles, Ca
Posts: 355
Default Re: Canada's Inuit notice the Sun is not where it should be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by droid56 View Post
So, when Inuit talk about the sun and stars, they do so with an intimate knowledge of these systems.

We've heard that the earth has tilted in the direction of the sun. Elders explain that this is why the sun is higher in the sky and there is increased and more direct heat entering the Arctic ecosystem. As Japiti explains, this has subsequently altered migratory routes of animals, warmed the ocean water, and thinned the ice cover. While this almost sounds like a fringe theory to obfuscate that fossil fuel use increases greenhouse gases, it is actually something has just recently been acknowledged by scientists.
Planet X?
It would be interesting to know if the thawing in the Arctic is more severe than in the Antarctic and areas in the Southern Hemisphere that are thawing too. Global warming and thinning ice isn't isolated to the Northern Hemisphere....

Scientists suspect that changes in migratory routes of birds may be due to the serious changes taking place in the Earths magnetosphere, birds follow certain magnetic grids or lines. If those patterns are changing after 1000's of years, then it makes sens that birds will change their patterns as well.

Changes in the magnetosphere could very well point to Planet X as well as other unknown factors in the area of the galaxy we're moving into are warming all the planets in the solar system. which doesn't excuse humanity's responsibility for environmental destruction and air pollution from carbon emissions.
AscendingStarseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 10:06 AM   #43
Gareth
Project Avalon Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 173
Default Re: Canada's Inuit notice the Sun is not where it should be.

A very small snippet from a channelling I was reading reported that the Earth is moving out of orbit.

That is all it said. What it means and what direction I do not know, but I will try to locate the source.

G
Gareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 11:06 AM   #44
viking
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 1,709
Default Re: Canada's Inuit notice the Sun is not where it should be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizar View Post
Well, after a little more research, it appears that the Inuit are right, from their perspective, with low sun angles and higher atmospheric refraction corrections their sun has indeed moved. Here's a link to the article;
http://www.eh2r.com/
For us farther south, nothing has changed, I stand corrected.
Mizar
Strange is'nt it perhaps Nancy at Zetatalk is correct about the Pole shift and Planet X!!!

Makes you wonder??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9SbQq70nhY

viking
viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 12:31 PM   #45
Old Snake
Avalon Senior Member
 
Old Snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Spijk 9909AC NL
Posts: 9
Default Re: Canada's Inuit notice the Sun is not where it should be.

Dear friends,

goto: http://hpiers.obspm.fr

Here you can see how our planet has moved, the Chandler wobble.....

The near perfect circle was 2008, the more oval one is this years.

The years before were more eratic even , this may have to do with
our planet passing the galactic plane.

The latter movement is a long cycle ,about corresponding with the Mayan calender...............the longest cycle.

Old snake
Old Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Project Avalon