Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 04-17-2009, 09:48 PM   #1
Egg
Banned

Default Help with this dream please

I had a stunning, full technicolor dream that blew me away and I just cannot seem to shake it off. So heres what it was.

I was stood in my Moms back yard by the fence on a lovely sunny day when suddenly a flock of swallows swooped across the field really low and made me duck beneath the height of the fence. I was still ducked down when the sky became really cloudy with sunlight only peeking through small gaps.

Then I heard a thunderous roaring / whirring sound, and the air was thick with insects that descended onto the grass and I just lay on the floor watching as every spare inch was covered completely.

I was getting really nervous, but suddenly I heard wings beating, tens of hundreds of small pairs of wings.

The air was filled with house sparrows that set about eating all of the insects until nothing was left. Then they flew away all apart from one single sparrow. This sparrow hopped up to me, stood an inch from me before turning off and flying away.

The sun then came back out from behind the dark clouds and the sky went really blue and pleasent again

Thats it. The only thing I can mention more is that it was in totally vibrant real life colors and the yard identical in every way to what it is, even down to my old bike sat under the fir tree.

Any thoughts?
Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 10:08 PM   #2
blastawaycas
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Help with this dream please

i've no idea Egg but these technicolour dreams are really unsettling in there detail are'nt they, i am sure you will get some excellent feedback off the likes of futureyes and one or two others whose monica escapes me at this time, the cries of the birds is something i too have experienced it is uncanny, best of luck with this one Egg kindest regards dave
blastawaycas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 10:10 PM   #3
Egg
Banned

Cheers Dave. I hope so, because this was perfect in all details - it was as if this dream was taking place not in my mind but bin real life. I couldn't even wake myself up (usually in dreams I just say 'no' and they stop) until the very last sparrow had flown away and the sun shone again.

The sounds alone were off the scale for what i usually dream.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:25 PM   #4
jazzgad
Avalon Senior Member

you did not described emotions that accompanied those visions
for example were visions of those insects threatening
or just the opposite.
but for me I see negative forces symbolized by the insects
sot of like biblical locust in on of several plagues that
fall on ancient Egipt
and sparrows as forces of good ,neutralizing the threat of those
insects by first hiding from insects view and when insects made a move and
when unalarmed insects descended close to you ( humanity )
sparrows (again forces of good ) neutralized bad guys ,and left the scene
leaving you alone and safe with only one sparrow communicating and teaching you .

that is my impression of what your dream might be symbolizing
jazzgad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 11:33 PM   #5
Egg
Banned

The sparrowsn and swallows were good - Although they startled me, the swallows kept me out of the path of the insects as I was ducked down out of harms way.

The insects unsettled me, and I was glad as anything when the sparrows descended and ate them all.

All in all, I cannot shake that I am supposed to elarn a message from this dream.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:37 PM   #6
Zeddo
Avalon Senior Member

I was also wondering about the emotions, worry, fear ?

My take on it. The event happened in the backyard. Significant. From sunny to dark, going out of light and into dark. The insects, I also feel hold a negative connotation.

The birds, significant in their size. Millions of insects being overtaken by hoards of birds, birds being the winged ones, representative of freedom, soaring spiritually, achieving new heights....

Insects are representative of worries, decay (insects that eat) Butterflies indicate transformation.

Add it up, you are overwhelmed by "decay, or a sliding into darkness, suppression, then the birds intervene and illiminate the darkness.
Punchline is, you can go into darkness, the choice is yours, even though you are seeing light, but there is assistance of "the light" to which you can go and transcend the darkness. The single bird at the end is your guide saying "We are here to help, and darkness, suppression is not insurmountable.

I hope this makes sense?

Z
Zeddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 11:38 PM   #7
Zeddo
Avalon Senior Member

This may be pointing to a specific problem which only you are aware of, so all you have to do is ask the light to illuminate it for you.

Cheers

Z
Zeddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 11:41 PM   #8
Egg
Banned

Cheers Zeddo.

The ponly beef thats making me think (not worry just ponder deeply on) is preperation for an event I keep dreaming (and so do others) about.

I thought I could ignore this event, but it seems the longer I ignore it, the more little messages from the cosmos seem to slip into my world.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:52 PM   #9
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Maybe it means you are keenly aware (vibrant color) of the threats we're all facing (the insects) to your way of life (you were in the yard where you were raised). The swallows were on your side. They warned you and then they assisted you. The single remaining sparrow is a special person that you can count on. Or perhaps it's you counting on yourself. You have an underlying belief that you are going to see better days. Maybe the old bike represents continuity of the good things in life.
Seashore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:03 AM   #10
Egg
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by seashore View Post
Maybe it means you are keenly aware (vibrant color) of the threats we're all facing (the insects) to your way of life (you were in the yard where you were raised). The swallows were on your side. They warned you and then they assisted you. The single remaining sparrow is a special person that you can count on. Or perhaps it's you counting on yourself. You have an underlying belief that you are going to see better days. Maybe the old bike represents continuity of the good things in life.
Thank you seashore for the thoughts. I must admit in the scenario I am planning for, I aim to be totally self sufficient and out of harms ay should anything happen. I was losing heart a bit, but this has revitalised me a considerable amount.
Old 04-18-2009, 12:40 AM   #11
jazzgad
Avalon Senior Member

more and more I have a feeling it is going to start
just after this summer .But besides having cozy job
on which i can meditate and read which I believe is
my contribution to this revolution in spirit that is taking place
and having just little bit food and water to last couple of weeks
for my family in emergency I m in no way prepared for what I think
is coming ,but in a way I m ok with that ,everyday meditate
ask for assistance guidance and protection and I feel assisted guided and protected ,for Now and since Now is what really only is ,there is no sense of panic in me ,I guess that could also mean that I will be revived for this
incarnation soon ,and personally the sooner the better I m tired
of this heavy planet work for Now I m ,but tomorrow if I survive
I could see myself plunging into rebuilding of new Earth in completely new paradigm.

so I am in state of surrender and that sustains me for NOW.
Old 04-18-2009, 12:50 AM   #12
Egg
Banned

Jazz, thats where I differ. I know deep inside that surrender is not an option because I sense in me whats on the other side of what I am dreaming of is going to be beautiful.

I am slowly getting back to preparing, but I am doing so to my own plans now, and if others wish to walk with me, they had better bring stout shoes.
Old 04-18-2009, 01:45 AM   #13
jazzgad
Avalon Senior Member

perhaps I still can recall beauty and harmony
of realms beyond this one ,so I have no preference
this Earth in new paradigm or some other adventure
somewhere else ,all I know is this one needs to end like
right now ,please
Old 04-18-2009, 03:06 AM   #14
tone3jaguar
Avalon Senior Member

When reading a dream, always look at the components of the dream as metaphorical correlations to things in you life past, present and future. Insects are generally representative of some sort of sickness. Then the birds are probably representative of some natural cure for the sickness. Not knowing you or your life, this would be my non-intuitive, logic based analysis of your dream.
tone3jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 03:32 AM   #15
avyaktam
Avalon Senior Member

Here my 2 cents Egg.

What birds and insects in tales usually have in common is that they are used to carry out detailed tasks.

You are standing in your mom's backyard on a sunny day. >>
You are in your inherited belief system and everything first seems fine, but then doubt starts creeping in (clouds), more so when you get strong and invading input from other worldviews (swallows, bird=messenger).
You try to sort out things by way of meticulous thinking (insects), but this leads to an unpleasant situation.
Something in u has opened up to receiving higher information (flock of sparrows), and by allowing this things get sorted out by themselves (sparrows eating all the insects)
After that one sparrow stays ( bird is symbol of individual soul or a soulpower).
Message= trust in your own soul, intuition and everything will become clear and you will connect again to Source (sun)
avyaktam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 07:19 AM   #16
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

I found in in Zolar's Encyclopedia and Dictionary of Dreams that many swallows mean death of an enemy.
From my understanding of your dream: whatever happens, the outcome for you will be positive.

PS sorry, not swallows but sparrows.

Last edited by burgundia; 04-18-2009 at 03:26 PM.
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:43 PM   #17
nobody
Avalon Senior Member

The swallows are a person. Friend? that will take you out of harms way,Maybe not physicaly, maybe say something to change your mind or your destination. The insects are something that is bugging you.The clouds are something bothering you , with hope shining through. The sparrows are your subconsious, your highier self, gardien angel, whatever you want to call what looks after us,letting you know that whatever is bothering you is being taken care of. The cloud you are under is going to be replaced with the light of knowledge. The last sparrow was personaly letting you know that he was personaly there for you with a flock of help. It was in your moms backyard because everything is going to be OK.
nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 01:24 PM   #18
blastawaycas
Avalon Senior Member

This is a good thread Egg some interesting views on your dream, and i am learning something by its topic.
Kinda makes sense to me what has been put to you.
Might i be as so bold to say that (as i have no idea of the meaning of dreams at all) some of your dream sort of ties in with the thread that you wrote Which was again a movingly brilliant thread "my meeting with jesus", that thread gave me a whole different slant on my christian beliefs it was very very stimulating and moving too.

The sparrow that stayed behind could it be Jesus saying hey mate i'm still here despite everything i know where to find ya!
I am watching your back as long as you do not stray beyond your limits of knowledge and power (hence being in your own safe zone "the backyard")
Sorry Egg i have probebly just spouted a load of tosh tall those who really can interpret dreams), but when i read your post first last night it is what sprang immediatly to my mind "morphine" but i felt a bit stupid putting it down as i am well out of my depth. Stay Well Egg

Kindest regards Dave
Old 04-18-2009, 02:39 PM   #19
futureyes
Avalon Senior Member

hiya egg ...

i read your dream last night with interest but wanted to let things steep until this a.m. ...

don't we love these full screen technicolor dreams of late ... the special effects really grab us and hold our attention ...

ok ... your dream ... this is how i get it ...

you're in your mom's back yard ...
representing egg going back to his inner child ...

why?
because when we were children ... we are reminded that our fears were minimal ... we worried less ... and trusted greater ...

ok ... so that had to be in place first ... the setting ... egg's place of inner child ... remember that place ... feel it ...

egg's in his mom's back yard on a sunny day ... enjoying it ... feeling the moment ... then suddenly out of no where ... the flock of swallows arrives ...
the swallows lovingly take egg to a safe place ... where he ... with his inner child ... can observe what takes place ... an "observer" he becomes ... reminding egg ... the teaching is about observation ... egg to remain knowing he is safe within ... get down and simply observe ... remember ... no fear in this process ... egg's safe ...

egg watches as the sky cloud over ... this he could feel as gloom and doom ... BUT ... is it not interesting that there remained patches of sunlight peeking through?!
this to show egg ... not is what it seems ... just because the sky suddenly clouds over ... he is still within his inner child ... AND ... light still streams through in places ... light remains ALWAYS ... even where and when things appear to be dark ... this was shown to egg ... remember egg ... always there is light behind what appears to be of dark ... yes?

ok ... then the roar egg hears ... another special f/x's ... just so he's paying attention ...

with that come the bugs ... feels to me the bugs could be representational of many things ... what struck me was how they arrived ... in multiiples like that ... covering the same ground egg was laying on ... allowing him to feel emotion ... nervousness of how they arrived ... of their numbers ... and yet ... egg lays there ... as an observer ... within his inner child ... his safe place ... egg trusted and knew he was there to be a witness of what was unfolding ... to experience such ... for a reason ...

getting back to all the insects ... interesting is this ... together like that ... they covered the ground ... that certainly made them look big and powerful from where you were laying hey egg?

but really ... if only one bug arrived and landed beside you egg ... would you have been as nervous? no ... probably not ... it's just one bug ... or even if a couple landed ... not a deal ... by their selves ... they don't "appear" to have any power ... no cause for fear to egg ...

but when they arrived in great numbers like that ... suddenly they felt to have enormous power ... why ... because together they made their selves "look" potent enough to instill nervousness and some fear ... but really ... break their numbers down ... they are only puney little bugs ... they do not have any power ... EGG has the power ... not the bugs ...

interesting too that just before egg's fear could kick in more ... he heard the wings flapping ... so many of them ... egg seemed to have been allowed to feel his fear for JUST the right amount of time ... touch upon it BUT ... not get "swallowed" by it ...

ok ok ... i'm not done yet ...

egg hears the wings ... "hears" them first ... then "sees" them ... hears them from within ... then sees them from without ...

uplifting were they not egg? quickly did they do away with all the insects ... yes ... for they were "house" sparrows ... where was egg externally all along ... in his mom's backyard ... her house ... home ... where was egg internally ... home ... his inner child ... safe ... knowing ...

egg observes how the sparrows gobble away at the bugs ... until they were all gone ... and the birds fly away ... all but one ... ONE house sparrow remained momentarily to connect with egg ... confirm with him ... all is well ... changes occured ... he is unscathed ...

and off the sparrow went ... in freedom ...

the clouds parted ... darkness dissipated ... the sky once again a beautiful blue ... and light resumed everywhere ... once again ...

so egg ... futureyes isn't usually emotinal first thing in morning ... but your dream ... wow ... brings a few tears to her eyes ... a good thing though ...

your dream was so defined ... felt so real didn't it?

i get you've experienced some pretty phenominal things in your life egg ... ever wonder why? and here you are with this dream ... such a beautiful teaching ... so inspiring ...

you can parallel this dream to your personal life as can you with something of a worldly nature ... but what i feel egg ... is that this teaching is an integration of BOTH ...

no matter what ... can egg remain grounded? is egg meant to be an anchor for others??

that whatever happens egg ... will happen ... the bugs may come ... and if they come in droves like that ... to always remember ... they are not one big powerful force ... they are but tiny insecure players ... who come together ... to make their selves look big and powerful ... it is their only way they believe they can place fear upon this earth ... upon the same ground we lay on ... in the same backyard ... we reside ...

to know your place of inner child ... your light always shines no matter what ... your light is your strength and your power ... above all else which "appears" larger ... and yet ... truthfully ... never larger than life ...

so knowing this egg ... if the bugs arrive in your own personal life ... or if they arrive with kicked up ambition upon our plane ... where will egg be ... will he be swallowed by what is happening before him ... or will he be within his inner child ... within his home ... his truth of knowing ... that light will prevail ... that he can wait it out ... that the darkness is never permanent ... to always see the light ... even if it is only glimpses in that moment ...

but to know ... the clouds will part ... the sky will be blue once again ... and this plane will be filled with light ... your light ...

and what i got after reading your words egg ... is that the sky will not only regain its blue color ... but the color will be much more vibrant than it was ... prior to all that unfolded ...

peace to you this day egg ...

futureyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 04:39 PM   #20
blastawaycas
Avalon Senior Member

WOW ..................FUTUREYES THAT WAS AWESOME WHAT AN INTERPRETATION AMAZING Kindest regards dave
Old 04-18-2009, 05:42 PM   #21
jazzgad
Avalon Senior Member

yes I do agree ,futureyes this is excellent interpretation
I admire your every post but this one is the best .
does that make me your secret admirer I guess so
Old 04-18-2009, 06:20 PM   #22
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

excellent interpretation....
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 06:29 PM   #23
futureyes
Avalon Senior Member

Smile Re: Help with this dream please

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzgad View Post
yes I do agree ,futureyes this is excellent interpretation
I admire your every post but this one is the best .
does that make me your secret admirer I guess so
well not so much a secret anymore ...

thanks jazzgad ...

futureyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 07:38 PM   #24
jazzgad
Avalon Senior Member

your welcome Futureyes your poetic language and highly
spiritual perspective are signs you are speaking from your heart ,
and your heart is very much connected to the source of all that is .
tremendous asset to this forum .thanks again .
Old 04-18-2009, 09:07 PM   #25
RedeZra
Avalon Senior Member

There is a Battle

Swallows aerial feed on insects
But the bugs numbers overwhelms them
So they flee the scene
And warns you to take cover

The Battle in the sky is lost

Dark is this hour