Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 11-03-2008, 08:53 AM   #1
Seth Haniel
Avalon Senior Member

Location: Hartlepool England But Moving Shortly to Fauldhouse Scotland
Cool What's up Buck.....

Recently, Royal Marines in Iraq, wrote to Starbucks because they wanted to let them know how much they liked their coffees, and to request that they send some of it to the troops there. Starbucks replied, telling the Marines thank you for their support of their business, but that Starbucks does not support the war, nor anyone in it, and that they would not send the troops their brand of coffee.

So as not to offend Starbucks, maybe we should support them by NOT buying any of their products! I feel we should get this out in the open. I know
this war might not be very popular with some folks, but that doesn't mean we don't support the boys on the ground, fighting street-to-street and, house-
to-house.

If you feel the same as I do then pass this along. Thanks very much for your support. I know you'll all be there again when I deploy once more.

Sgt. Howard C. Wright 1st Force Recon Co 1st PLT.

Also, don't forget that when the Twin Trade Towers were hit, the fire fighters and rescue workers went to Starbucks because it was close by for water for the survivors and workers, and Starbucks CHARGED THEM! ! !

AN ADDED NOTE TO THIS: STARBUCKS HAD STORES ON SEVERAL MILITARY BASES IN THE UNITED STATES. THEY ARE NOW BEING REMOVED BECAUSE OF THIS.

There are 227 Starbucks stores across the UK, and there's no doubt that our soldiers would get the same response from this company, so let us do our bit and boycott Starbucks to show them how despicable their actions are.
Seth Haniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 09:24 AM   #2
raulduke
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: What's up Buck.....

Howdy Seth,

Thanks for this update. I wasn't at all aware of this starbucks bollocks, including the 9/11 first responder bit.

I've never so much as set foot in a starbucks. I don't drink coffee, but even if I did I'm sure I wouldn't pay $5 for a cup, and now after hearing this, of course I'll let as many people know as I can.

There always seems to be some d@uche sitting outside playing guitar terribly (at the one near where I work anyway, but probably at yours too), maybe I'll smash his guitar Belushi style and make a scene to get everyone's attention, and then tell them this.

Their entire operation is walmart esque (imo).

We should all go tell our local starbucks that we are going to buy pound of grounds of watever brand is better than starbucks and send it to our boys and girls in Iraq/Afgahnistan.

Does starbucks think this will have anything other than a negative result?
raulduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 09:32 AM   #3
raulduke
Avalon Senior Member

Woops.

I Should have looked into this before posting I guess.

Just found this from the same guy (Howard Wright). It's a mea culpa, kind of retraction or of this statement.

Sounds like starbucks couldn't simply donate the coffee to the troops as they aren't a charity. Individual employees have been donating lots of coffee though.

I still don't like starbucks, but their employees are alright though.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:10 AM   #4
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Why is this important? They don't support the war and they have a right not to support it. There are other coffee retailers that may be willing to donate.

Sheesh. The things people get in a tizzy over.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 10:28 AM   #5
raulduke
Avalon Senior Member

What's up Humble Janitor, good name change. No tizzy here.

I certainly respect their right to not support the war, but to actively not support the troops as well is absolutely wrong imo. Of course this is irrelevant because of the story I linked in my last post.

If it was true then it would be sort of like the idea of cutting off the defense funding through congress. It's just a bad idea. Kind of a political game of chicken that only hurts the troops.

I agree that this is an awful war, but the boys and girls there deserve our respect and sympathy imo. They are in an awful position.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:35 PM   #6
khristmaskathy
Avalon Senior Member

The Starbucks stores where I live are donating coffee to the troops...and have a place where everyone can buy coffee and they will send it to the people protecting our country. This may have come after the backlash though. Everytime someone buys a package of coffee, Starbucks donates another one for the troops.
khristmaskathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 02:01 PM   #7
Seth Haniel
Avalon Senior Member

Location: Hartlepool England But Moving Shortly to Fauldhouse Scotland
Cool Re: What's up Buck.....

Sounds like ... wise after the avent
Seth Haniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 03:25 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Haniel View Post
Sounds like ... wise after the avent
Yeah...

Those Royal Marines are some badass dudes, they're like a Ranger/SEAL/Marine all rolled into one.
371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 06:15 PM   #9
borrasca2012
Avalon Senior Member

... YEAH..... STOP buying mango FROM ISRAEL !!!!!!!!!!! too

and lets by more dattles from IRAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!

NEED for PEACE in EAST

and lets bring the troops home, that they can drink coffee with their families
borrasca2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 06:48 PM   #10
aiwass322
Project Avalon Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Haniel View Post
Recently, Royal Marines in Iraq, wrote to Starbucks because they wanted to let them know how much they liked their coffees, and to request that they send some of it to the troops there. Starbucks replied, telling the Marines thank you for their support of their business, but that Starbucks does not support the war, nor anyone in it, and that they would not send the troops their brand of coffee.

So as not to offend Starbucks, maybe we should support them by NOT buying any of their products! I feel we should get this out in the open. I know
this war might not be very popular with some folks, but that doesn't mean we don't support the boys on the ground, fighting street-to-street and, house-
to-house.

If you feel the same as I do then pass this along. Thanks very much for your support. I know you'll all be there again when I deploy once more.

Sgt. Howard C. Wright 1st Force Recon Co 1st PLT.

Also, don't forget that when the Twin Trade Towers were hit, the fire fighters and rescue workers went to Starbucks because it was close by for water for the survivors and workers, and Starbucks CHARGED THEM! ! !

AN ADDED NOTE TO THIS: STARBUCKS HAD STORES ON SEVERAL MILITARY BASES IN THE UNITED STATES. THEY ARE NOW BEING REMOVED BECAUSE OF THIS.

There are 227 Starbucks stores across the UK, and there's no doubt that our soldiers would get the same response from this company, so let us do our bit and boycott Starbucks to show them how despicable their actions are.
I am a espresso addicted swede. While working in New York I went to starbucks each morning to get my fix of caffeine. To get something that even resembles a real espresso I had to ged a quadruple version of the regular order. In other words. They sell really bad coffe. LOUSY!!! Their products alone is reason for boycott!
aiwass322 is offline   Reply With Quote