Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 12-10-2009, 04:19 PM   #1
celestine420
Avalon Senior Member

Default Time to Infuse Terence McKenna into Camelot

Anyone who is familiar with the work of Terence McKenna and a Project Camelot junkie may have the same nagging thought in the back of their mind as I do.

It is time for the two bodies of work to come together and bring a larger scale understanding to light.

Recent audio releases are laced with information that raises new questions. It is my belief that introducing McKenna's work into the Camelot Equation will expedite the process of reaching the answers.

Let us discuss...
celestine420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 05:48 PM   #2
eleni
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Time to Infuse Terence McKenna into Camelot

I am a big fan of Terrence. My friend here was a good friend of his.
Even my oldest daughter's have read all his books.
eleni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 06:03 PM   #3
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

I love this guy..I even started a thread on him a while back

http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=16454

Apparently when the forum went down...all of the videos went down..so you'll have to copy and paste them.
BROOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:23 PM   #4
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Really worth refereshing memory with his work...
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:42 PM   #5
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Here is an introduction

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terence_McKenna

"Terence McKenna advocated the exploration of altered states of mind via the ingestion of naturally occurring psychedelic substances. For example, and in particular, as facilitated by the ingestion of high doses of psychedelic mushrooms, and DMT, which he believed was the apotheosis of the psychedelic experience. He spoke of the "jeweled, self-dribbling basketballs" or "self-transforming machine elves" that one encounters in that state."

Self-transforming machine elves ?

A..
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:48 PM   #6
3optic
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks for the opportunity to discuss Mckenna. I find him very relevant these days. Here are some videos for those interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYB0V...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kwt-L...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu6WF...eature=related (2012 the non-cataclysmic view)

One can also find archived talks on the Psychedelic Salon podcast found here and on itunes:

http://www.matrixmasters.com/podcasts/
3optic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:56 PM   #7
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

I don't advocate dropping out and turning on to mushrooms and elves...but Terrance McKenna usually made a lot of sense. I met Terrance (and Timothy Leary!) at a Whole Life Expo. I talked to McKenna about the imagination...and talked to Leary about Jesus! What a trip! Here is Terrance McKenna on Coast to Coast:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeR6h317ih4
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 11:22 PM   #8
EYES WIDE OPEN
Avalon Senior Member

I have an hawainn strain of Ayahausca vine that came from terrences ethnobotanical garden.

I adore Mckennas voice. Great meter to it. Carl Sagan also had a great voice
EYES WIDE OPEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 12:57 AM   #9
physics envy
Avalon Senior Member

For anyone looking for Terence material they haven't heard yet...I recently discovered the "Psychedelic Salon" podcasts. Lorenzo posts a 1hr+ audio tape of somebody every week or so. There are over 200+ podcasts, and I'd guess about 30% are of Terence. There are several on there that I hadn't heard before.

I think his Timewave Zero theory is a great one to throw into the 2012 mix - it seems to come at it from a completely different angle than most in the UFO world or the spiritualist/lightworker side. For those unfamiliar with it - he proposes that the I Ching is a numerical map of time and he spent several years working out the math behind it. He says nature strives to become more novel, and that time is accelerating to a point of singularity on the 12/21/12 date, when linear time will no longer exist.

I know there is a ban on drug-talk on this board, but if possible I would love to hear if anyone on this board has had ET contact through non-psychedelic means as well as via ayahuasca, dmt, psilocybin, etc. and get their comparisons.

Terence was somewhat anti-"new age" and anti-"UFO", but I love hearing just about anything he had to say.

I agree there needs to be melding of the psychedelic info with the rest here - if that's possible. I've spent a lot of time reading through AstralPulse.com learning about astral projection, and there is a definite issue there with using substances vs. au naturel methods...mainly due to misunderstanding of the drugs I imagine. Hopefully people unfamiliar with them on this board will be open to the information they provide. So far, however, it seems this particular thread is full of choir singers...with nobody to preach to ;-)
physics envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 01:21 AM   #10
LucidJia
Avalon Senior Member

Thumbs down Re: Time to Infuse Terence McKenna into Camelot

Quote:
I know there is a ban on drug-talk on this board, but if possible I would love to hear if anyone on this board has had ET contact through non-psychedelic means as well as via ayahuasca, dmt, psilocybin, etc. and get their comparisons.
Read the book DMT: The Spirit Molecule by Rick Stassman. This is about a legal study of DMT intake where his subjects come across many unexpected alien contacts. Very intersting book.

Oh yeah, Terrance is amazing, I love listning to him. He has a unique way with words.

Last edited by LucidJia; 12-11-2009 at 01:31 AM.
LucidJia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 01:47 AM   #11
carriblu
Avalon Senior Member

deffinitely check this guy out! its like everything he says is the truth, he is so interesting
carriblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 03:19 AM   #12
physics envy
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucidJia View Post
Read the book DMT: The Spirit Molecule by Rick Stassman. This is about a legal study of DMT intake where his subjects come across many unexpected alien contacts.
Thanks, LucidJia. I am somewhat familiar with the book...haven't read it yet but have heard a few people talk about it in their lectures. Definitely on my ToDo list :-)

I guess I probably shouldn't hijack this thread and should start a new one. In general I'm curious as to how similar the experience is for people on here who can talk to their spirit guides, ArchAngels, and other spirit entites, to talking to the 'elves' and other beings Terence talks about. If I understood correctly the DMT book talks quite a bit about alien contact with reptilians and the like, correct?
physics envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 05:26 AM   #13
celestine420
Avalon Senior Member

Here are some Terence Videos I've made:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Shamanic...C65F0754FFF2EE

Has anyone else seen the parallels between McKenna's work and where the Camelot material is leading toward.

ALSO

McKenna's work on 2012 is a source of HOPE not DOOM... We Cameloters need to address that.
Old 12-11-2009, 05:30 AM   #14
celestine420
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics envy View Post
For anyone looking for Terence material they haven't heard yet...I recently discovered the "Psychedelic Salon" podcasts. ;-)
Freakin Awesome Find!
Old 12-12-2009, 11:35 AM   #15
Derek
Avalon Senior Member

From what Ive heard and seen from Terrence McKenna I really like him. I don't believe hes here at this particular space/time configuration anymore. I read something somewhere about his 2012 work which sounded fascinating. I guess he was able to predict a massive awakening of consciousness that peaks in 2012. He predicted that BEFORE he ever heard anything about 2012.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 02:41 AM   #16
haibane
Avalon Senior Member

You beat me to it - plugging in Terrence McKenna is an awesome idea, but the same should be done for Ram Dass, Timothy Leary, and also Alan Watts and perhaps a bunch of other important people : )
haibane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 02:43 AM   #17
cueballri
Avalon Senior Member

excellent idea loved his stuff so articulate
cueballri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 12:24 AM   #18
celestine420
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by haibane View Post
You beat me to it - plugging in Terrence McKenna is an awesome idea, but the same should be done for Ram Dass, Timothy Leary, and also Alan Watts and perhaps a bunch of other important people : )
let the campaign begin....
Old 12-17-2009, 12:28 AM   #19
carriblu
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cueballri View Post
excellent idea loved his stuff so articulate
your name is so close to mine, they almost use the same letters haha
carriblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 01:12 AM   #20
vril
Avalon Senior Member

It's been mentioned before in this thread but in case anyone missed the first reference to the topic, those not familiar with his work and its relationship to 2012, a good place to start is his Timewave zero theory.

Here is a quick rundown from a Wikipedia page about the 2012 phenomenon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_ph...nd_the_I_Ching

Timewave zero is a numerological formula that purports to calculate the ebb and flow of novelty, defined as increase in the universe's interconnectedness, or organized complexity, over time. According to Terence McKenna, who conceived the idea over several years in the early-mid 1970s while using psilocybin mushrooms and DMT, the universe has a teleological attractor at the end of time that increases interconnectedness, eventually reaching a singularity of infinite complexity in 2012, at which point anything and everything imaginable will occur instantaneously.
McKenna expressed "novelty" in a computer program, which purportedly produces a waveform known as timewave zero or the timewave. Based on McKenna's interpretation of the King Wen sequence of the I Ching, the graph appears to show great periods of novelty corresponding with major shifts in humanity's biological and cultural evolution. He believed the events of any given time are recursively related to the events of other times, and chose the atomic bombing of Hiroshima as the basis for calculating his end date in November 2012. When he later discovered this date's proximity to the end of the 13th b'ak'tun on the Maya calendar, he revised his hypothesis so that the two dates matched.
The first edition of The Invisible Landscape refers to 2012 (as the year, not a specific day) only twice. McKenna originally considered it an incidental observation that his and José Argüelles dates matched, a sign of the end date "being programmed into our unconscious". It was only in 1983, with the publication of Sharer's revised table of date correlations in the 4th edition of Morley's The Ancient Maya, that each became convinced that December 21, 2012 had significant meaning. McKenna subsequently peppered this specific date throughout the second, 1993 edition of The Invisible Landscape
vril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:01 AM   #21
haibane
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by celestine420 View Post
let the campaign begin....
So - do you have a plan? Like starting with his take on the UFO/abduction area? Also what should be considered is that most of McKenna's expertise is a subject that's against this forum's rules ...
haibane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:17 AM   #22
GaiaLove
Avalon Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by haibane View Post
So - do you have a plan? Like starting with his take on the UFO/abduction area? Also what should be considered is that most of McKenna's expertise is a subject that's against this forum's rules ...
GaiaLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 03:23 AM   #23
GaiaLove
Avalon Administrator

Exclamation Re: Time to Infuse Terence McKenna into Camelot

A lot of what he said resonates with me. The time wave zero theory intrigued me to the point where i wanted to look into its accuracy.
It took me some time but i managed to find his software. It's early 90's DOS based software and it took a lot of technical tweaking to get it to work under XP.
I have yet to try it under Linux, once i do ill post it here too.

My findings?
After several weeks of exploring different time lines i found it inconsistent but still managed to line up here and there with major events.
but even a broken clock is right twice a day eh

In any event it's interesting to experiment with.
good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terence McKenna
Well, who was it? Oscar Wilde, or somebody said, “Consistency is the hobgoblin of small minds.” Reality is inherently paradoxical.
And the beginning of intellectual maturity is to be able to simultaneously hold two contradictory ideas in your mind at the same time. People ask me if I believe in the 2012 prediction. I don’t believe in anything. My anti-ideological stance makes it very important to believe nothing. I regard Timewave Zero as a fascinating model of a previously unmodelled system – which is human history. The fact that it seems to deliver interesting data… for instance, I predicted a very deep plunge into novelty this past summer. Just as it was at its deepest, the Martian meteorite chock full of fossils arrived – along with a lot of email demanding to know where was the miracle I had predicted. [laughter] I like the word models. What we’re trying to do is build models. By saying the word ‘models’, we make it very clear that this is not ‘Truth’, and that there will be a better model, and we’ll swap the old for the new. So at the moment Timewave Zero is simply a better model of history than the idea that there is no model at all, which is what’s taught in the Academy. The definition of history, if you study history in the Academy, is: it’s a trendlessly fluctuating process. If true, it’s the only trendlessly fluctuating process ever to be observed in this universe. So obviously it’s not true, it’s just that we lack a model. So people say… like, Toynbee’s model was that ‘God is waiting’, somebody else had a ‘Great Man’ model, Marx believed it was all driven by class struggle, and Freud that it was all libido. Well, these are just opinions. Those aren’t theories, those are opinions. A theory has an ability to make predictions, and refine itself, so that’s what I offer with Timewave Zero.

Attached Files
File Type: zip TW-zero.zip (599.1 KB, 0 views)

Click here to chat LIVE with other members of Avalon

Last edited by GaiaLove; 12-17-2009 at 04:16 AM.
GaiaLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 04:30 AM   #24
celestine420
Avalon Senior Member

I think we should focus on 2012 and his novelty theory...

although he came to the conclusions he did with the aid of an "other".

An "other" that can not be openly discussed here.

The distinction between high novelty and doom is a very important part of his message.
Old 12-17-2009, 05:10 AM   #25
Moxie
Avalon Senior Member

where might we meet elsewhere?
If we cannot discuss things here.

gawd... try as i may, keeping up w/keeing up is a trying time. g'nite
Moxie is offline   Reply With Quote