Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > What Does It Mean ?

Notices

What Does It Mean ? What does this all mean for the Ground Crew ?

Old 03-05-2009, 11:33 AM   #1
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

Default Russian Scholar Says U.S. Will Collapse Next Year

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0%2C293...4384%2C00.html

MOSCOW — If you're inclined to believe Igor Panarin, and the Kremlin wouldn't mind if you did, then President Barack Obama will order martial law this year, the U.S. will split into six rump-states before 2011, and Russia and China will become the backbones of a new world order.

Panarin might be easy to ignore but for the fact that he is a dean at the Foreign Ministry's school for future diplomats and a regular on Russia's state-guided TV channels. And his predictions fit into the anti-American story line of the Kremlin leadership.

"There is a high probability that the collapse of the United States will occur by 2010," Panarin told dozens of students, professors and diplomats Tuesday at the Diplomatic Academy — a lecture the ministry pointedly invited The Associated Press and other foreign media to attend.

The prediction from Panarin, a former spokesman for Russia's Federal Space Agency and reportedly an ex-KGB analyst, meshes with the negative view of the U.S. that has been flowing from the Kremlin in recent years, in particular from Vladimir Putin.

Putin, the former president who is now prime minister, has likened the United States to Nazi Germany's Third Reich and blames Washington for the global financial crisis that has pounded the Russian economy.

Panarin didn't give many specifics on what underlies his analysis, mostly citing newspapers, magazines and other open sources.

He also noted he had been predicting the demise of the world's wealthiest country for more than a decade now.

But he said the recent economic turmoil in the U.S. and other "social and cultural phenomena" led him to nail down a specific timeframe for "The End" — when the United States will break up into six autonomous regions and Alaska will revert to Russian control.

Panarin argued that Americans are in moral decline, saying their great psychological stress is evident from school shootings, the size of the prison population and the number of gay men.

Turning to economic woes, he cited the slide in major stock indexes, the decline in U.S. gross domestic product and Washington's bailout of banking giant Citigroup as evidence that American dominance of global markets has collapsed.

"I was there recently and things are far from good," he said. "What's happened is the collapse of the American dream."

Panarin insisted he didn't wish for a U.S. collapse, but he predicted Russia and China would emerge from the economic turmoil stronger and said the two nations should work together, even to create a new currency to replace the U.S. dollar.

Asked for comment on how the Foreign Ministry views Panarin's theories, a spokesman said all questions had to be submitted in writing and no answers were likely before Wednesday.

It wasn't clear how persuasive the 20-minute lecture was. One instructor asked Panarin whether his predictions more accurately describe Russia, which is undergoing its worst economic crisis in a decade as well as a demographic collapse that has led some scholars to predict the country's demise.

Panarin dismissed that idea: "The collapse of Russia will not occur."

But Alexei Malashenko, a scholar-in-residence at the Carnegie Moscow Center who did not attend the lecture, sided with the skeptical instructor, saying Russia is the country that is on the verge of disintegration.

"I can't imagine at all how the United States could ever fall apart," Malashenko told the AP.
Antaletriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 12:07 PM   #2
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Russian Scholar Says U.S. Will Collapse Next Year

What do school shootings and gays have to do with economic and structural collapse?

Regardless, I certainly hope he is proven wrong.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 03:21 PM   #3
Jacqui D
Avalon Senior Member

Hmm! well we are all waiting and watching!
I hope he is wrong also but things are going down so rapidly now a complete collapse by 2010 that's scary!
Because the Uk will be next, isn't Iceland already there?
Jacqui D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:00 AM   #4
Luminari
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antaletriangle View Post
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0%2C293...4384%2C00.html

..blames Washington for the global financial crisis that has pounded the Russian economy
Well he's right about that point.

Even from an Australian perspective its disgusting that the Federal Reserve has manipulated the US dollar so that it stays strong while I watched my dollar steadily decline over the last year to the point where I have to pay double to buy books from Amazon, americans who have CAUSED the problem can falsely tweak their dollar to dominate every other country and actually benefit while the greater world is suffering from what essentially is THEIR problem caused by criminal financial activities compounded over time.

If they fall, they certainly deserve it.. the corrupt power elite Im talking about, not the innocent, good people on the street level in the US.
Luminari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 03:29 AM   #5
alyscat
Avalon Senior Member

Trust me, it's the Federal Reserve playing with all this, NOT the American government nor the American people.
alys
alyscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 04:17 AM   #6
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

Default Russian Professor Says U.S. Will Break Up After Economic Crisis

Please also see this thread:

Russian Professor Says U.S. Will Break Up After Economic Crisis

http://projectavalon.net/forum/showt...t=panarin+igor

and this thread:

Divided States of America

and:

Russian scientist: 'USA is a pyramid that has to collapse'

Last edited by peaceandlove; 03-06-2009 at 04:20 AM.
peaceandlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 04:20 AM   #7
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

My prediction for what it's worth is a lot sooner than 2010, I'd say August 2009. Things are happening much faster. Just look at the figures. Look at the unemployment rates by state and as a nation.Look at the foreclosure figures. Look at all the problems in California, from a 10% unemployment rate to a very serious drought situation, and summer is just around the corner! No rain, no food. August, that's six months, that's it!
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 04:50 AM   #8
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

And I should add to my post above that one simple way to check my prediction is to go back 6 months and look at the figures, then look at the figures now,then assume that we keep going in the same direction look ahead 6 months and do the math on the figures again at the rate they increased over the last 6 months! In other words look at the percentage of increase over the last 6 months and figure the same rate of increase for the next 6 months, if nothing changes of course.

Last edited by Dantheman62; 03-06-2009 at 04:53 AM.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:07 AM   #9
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

I predict that...

Wait for it...

Keep scrolling....

Nothing will happen.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 05:07 PM   #10
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

It's happening as we speak HumbleJ, the new national unemployment rate is now 8.1%. look at it 6 months ago and then figure it 6 months from now. It's not rocket science, and Obama is not going to be able to stop it anytime soon. Think about that 8.1% for a minute.... That's almost 20 million people out of work!!!!!!!!
There's 2 million out of work in California alone, yes it's happening right before your eyes.

Last edited by Dantheman62; 03-06-2009 at 05:12 PM.
Old 03-06-2009, 06:47 PM   #11
piers2210
Avalon Senior Member

Damn, so no good news.....i haven't read the papers for a week, been in dubai.

Now THAT place has really taken a beating...and SO quick. Which backs up your theory Dan, it is coming almost unseen. The problem with Dubai was that much of the wealth was based on property demand and massive construction projects.

Now everyone realises that a "reajustment" is underway, (like a 50% - 80% decrease in the price of property and many building standing empty), and many projects have simply been cancelled or suspended, people are heading home in droves, the place was 90% expat and only 10% locals anyway.

The Dubai problem will be replicated to a greater or lesser degree all over the world. No queuing for taxis now though in Dubai, and the plane coming home last night was half empty!!

P.
piers2210 is offline   Reply With Quote