Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 12-23-2009, 11:08 AM   #76
100thmonkey
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Ex-Christian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnosis5 View Post
Uncollapsing from all these beings and images peels off another layer of the onion and brings me closer to the zero point where I was and knew I was connected and was/am the All-that-is. For some strange reason that makes it easier for me to be happy with my 3D existence too.- like a toddler who knows he has not lost his Mommy in the Department Store :-)[/SIZE][/FONT]
Yes, solving one thing always seems to bring up another thing... You're last line is a bit of synchronicity for me as only yesterday I had this song come to mind, which I haven't thought of for years (decades?)...
100thmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 01:39 PM   #77
zaina
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnosis5 View Post
Hello Zania,

Are you familiar with Rupert Sheldrake's discovery or further elucidation of morphogenetic fields? This is more in the field of parapsychology (what one learns outside formal classroom study). It is another way of saying "group consciousness",and the group consciousness has a rulership.

In the case of religions the "ruler" may not always be the original teacher or guru, but another being that the group may unknowingly install.

This is why in the field of spirituality there is the frequent and constant admonition to "test the spirits". Does not the Bible also say the same?

best,
Gnosis
hello ,no i am not familar with rupert sheldrakes ,but i will take a look thanks
zaina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 12:22 AM   #78
zaina
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
Hmm, bible codes. Very interesting.
I used to be interested in them as proof the bible must be true. The only thing was I realised the bible god is bad whether the bible is true or not...
As for the codes themselves, I subscribed to (and still receive) the Bible Code Digest email newsletter.
I've noticed however that the codes they find, while interesting that they are so, supposedly, improbable, they are also not from one particular point of view, ie. they aren't an extended message from the author of the bible, whoever that might be. The code finders even explain that certain codes sound like they are from bible god, some are from a jewish perspective, or a christian perspective. Some are even from a buddhist perspective! ...and so on.

As a prophetic tool they don't seem to function that way. They are so obscure that they only really seem to fit after the fact.

Either way I don't see them proving the bible's claims about itself, because they also prove other religions claims about themselves...

So, yes they are interesting, but are they true, or just wishful interpretation? I don't know what to make of them, so I just have a look and kind of move on.

Oh, the other problem I have with them is the different translations that exist of the Old Testament. Whichever one they choose to use as the basis for their code searches has to be proved as the one true translation 'given by god' first... yet they use several, ie. NIV, Masoretic text, etc.
It's all too flawed of a process to trust...
...but still a fun phenomenon.

If you've ever watched "John Safran vs God" on telly you'll see him get codes out of Moby Dick though, and even from some song lyrics of a CD he had on hand...
yes i have seem how things can come out of books as well as bible ,strange really .but then is it really .
zaina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 12:32 AM   #79
happyhollergal
Avalon Senior Member

100thmonkey, as I read your introduction to this thread, I completely identified with you. It's only been sixteen months since I became an ex bible thumpin Southern Baptist christian, and like you, it's had it's freedom giving aspects as well as the "my family thinks I'm nuts" side of it. What I'm saying here is not directed at those who want to blast me for my current belief/nonbelief system, so it would be nice for you to keep your belief blasting to yourself because it means nothing to me. The ones I take notice of are those who are not critical but rather intend to be helpful when responding. If I understood correctly, you were wondering if anyone else had experienced something similar to your life changing course, not to invite others to criticize you. Now that that's out of the way, let me say that I'm very glad that you shared such expressive thoughts openly here, and yes, Avalon does have many beautiful souls that are worthy of your good intentions. When I was jolted from my programming, for awhile I was angry that everything I'd been taught my entire life was a lie, and that Jesus was not coming in the clouds to save me and all those good pew warmers in my church from Armageddon. In an effort to prove that what I was learning was wrong, I went in search of other material to disprove the "new" information. It got worse, as I saw it at the time. No matter what I researched, the fact was that information has been changed, deleted, edited, altered and created throughout history for whatever reasons the ones who fiddled with it had in their plans at the time. This is how I came across Project Camelot and Avalon. I found a video with Bob Dean and Neil Freer, both discussing their beliefs in Zechariah Sitchin's work. As happens with lots of things, I kept reading and watching videos, and Sitchin's name kept coming up, so in order to not feel so ignorant about what was being discussed, I bought 2 of Sitchin's books, The End Of Days and The Lost Book Of Enki. After reading those, I had a completely different understanding of how humans were created and how the biblical stories compared to Sumerian tablets that have been discovered. I have since bought and read 9 other books by Sitchin. They are very deep at times, but to me, spell out the history of our planet in such a way that it makes perfect sense. There are those who will tell you that the Annunaki are reptilian shape shifters, and they are wrong. The ones who say that have NOT read all of Sitchin's material, and therefore have no right to state that opinion. Sitchin is not anti spiritual, in fact he's one of the most enlightened beings I've ever encountered. His work has helped me see things differently, but it does not encourage worship of the Annunaki. I would encourage you to read his work, and start with The End Of Days first (which is the easiest read) then The Lost Book Of Enki. It's kinda backwards as to the order they were written in, but to start with The Twelfth Planet may be a bit boring. I am here if you ever need to discuss your feelings and share ideas with someone who does understand. We are all here to learn and share with others, not to be critical, but to allow each being to follow their own paths and adopt whatever beliefs ring true to them. My heart sends wishes of hope to you this christmas, and I still call it that, even though it no longer has the same meaning it once held for me. Good luck to you in your search.
happyhollergal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 03:48 AM   #80
100thmonkey
Avalon Senior Member

Thankyou hollylindin (sorry I missed your post)
and happyhollergal.
Thankyou for your stories.

Yes, I was hoping to meet other ex-c's on the forum when I posted this thread, not just for a pity party or a 'support group', but at least to know that we aren't alone - and also to kind of explain to some who haven't experienced such indoctrination why there might be some strong feelings involved, that may surface in seemingly strange ways on other threads.

I don't mind some debate, since that's how I got free in the first place, being fearless in my questioning, as long as we're all open minded and polite.
Unfortunately cult's like the Jehovah's Witnesses and Bible Belt fundies are just those kind of closed minded groups, as my family still is too.

Although aren't we all proof that people can snap out of just such a funk?

happyhollergal, I have looked into Sitchin's work. I'm not so much a fan of the Nibiru stuff though I definitely believe there's truth in the Annunaki/Nephilim interference with human origins.
I've noticed Sitchin has a new book also, which is supposedly a kind of summary of his other books to date, so I was thinking that might be a good place to jump in?
100thmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 04:01 AM   #81
happyhollergal
Avalon Senior Member

I have the new book, The Earth Chronicles Handbook. I wouldn't suggest buying it to jump in, as it's basically a dictionary with definitions of terms used throughout his other books. I was excited when I ordered it, but disappointed when it came in. Jim Marrs has some really good books out there too if you're interested. It's amazing, he's a journalist who tells the truth.
happyhollergal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 06:59 AM   #82
MargueriteBee
Avalon Senior Member

"Reading some beautiful spiritual wisdom on a thread here, or a site there, I have in the back of mind, “Oh, I know what a christian would say about this…” which is really the negativity of what ‘my old-self’ would’ve said…

It hinders my development, because everything is not just absorbed in it’s purest form, it has to battle past the outdated filters in my mind.
Yes, it takes it’s rightful place in my mind eventually, but somehow the experience has been tainted."

I know what you mean but it will get better. Resist the programming and it will fail.
MargueriteBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 07:11 AM   #83
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

I really shouldn't make this post...but I just can't resist the temptation. Have you seen the South Park Merry F. Christmas videos on YouTube. It's really bad...but I just about died laughing! I won't provide a link. Extreme viewer discretion advised.
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote