Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 11-07-2008, 09:27 PM   #1
Baggywrinkle

Default Food is the target

In the News

Joe Biden: "Mark My Words" international Crisis if Obama Wins
Campaign Trail - October 19, 2008
Oct. 19 (Campaign Trail) -- "Mark my words. It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking... Remember I said it standing here if you don’t remember anything else I said. Watch, we’re gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy."

If you can't see the embedded video or, for some reason it won't play in your email program, you can view it directly on YouTube.

Madeline Albright Agrees with Biden: Terrorists Will Test Obama
CNN - October 20, 2008
Oct. 20 (CNN) -- "Well I think it is a... It's just a statement of fact frankly and in my book I talk about the fact that there are a lot of big issues out there but that also something unexpected... You always have to be prepared for that."

If you can't see the embedded video or, for some reason it won't play in your email program, you can view it directly on YouTube.

Colin Powell on Meet the Press
MSNBC - October 19, 2008
Oct. 19 (Meet the Press) -- "The problems will always be there and there's going to be a crisis come along on the 21st or 22nd of January that we don't know about right now. And so I think what the president has to do is to start using the power of the oval office and the power of his personality to convince the American people and to convince the world that America is solid, America is going to move forward. We're going to fix our economic problems. We're going to meet our overseas obligations. But restoring sense of purpose, as sense of confidence in the American people..."

eFoodsDirect Commentary:

This is Steve Shenk, JMS efoodsdirect.com.

I know. I know. The television news is abuzz with the election results and our new President, Barack Hussein Obama, while this SITREP is focused on events that occurred two weeks ago. That's because, in my humble opinion, these events are far more significant to your future security than the outcome of this election.

Whether intentional or not, Mr. Biden, Gen. Powell and Ms. Albright, among several other world leaders, have given us a solid deadline. Almost in unison, they have told us how much time we have to get ready.

Our actions must be influenced more strongly by the prophetic statements of these world leaders and political insiders than by the emotionally charged hope that our nation's problems will all be solved by the new administration.

Let's just review our current situation for a moment:

We have been given a deadline by people in the know.
The taxes and regulations president-elect Obama will levy against coal fueled power plants for their greenhouse gas emissions (global warming) will, in his words, "bankrupt" these power suppliers.
Farm operations have been determined by the incoming administration to be responsible for more greenhouse gas emissions that the entire transportation industry.
Farmers will now face staggering fines and levies for greenhouse emissions as well as the stunning costs of competing with subsidized ethanol plants for their livestock feed.
The only way for farmers to escape these fees, fines and taxes will be to stop growing our food and divert their crops to ethanol production.
Mr. Obama has promised a 2/3 increase in ethanol production mandates.
It will be necessary to monitor every stalk of grain, identify and track every bit of food in order to "fairly assess" the levies, fees and taxes for global warming.
The growing credit crisis is a food supply disaster.
Farmers can't get the credit to buy the seed and fertilizer needed to plant.
Foreign investors are providing the seeds if farmers will sell them the crops
Food wholesalers can't get the credit needed to buy the farmer's crops.
Shipping companies can't get the credit needed to transport the crops.
Grocery stores can't get the credit needed to stock their shelves.
Runaway inflation in food prices will guarantee record costs in 2009.
Mainstream sources are now forced to recognize the "recession" which our growing legion of unemployed Americans already know as a depression.
Global food production will shrink even further this coming year, the fourth year of our worldwide famine.
These facts are already in place and WILL affect food prices in the foreseeable future. However, in today's shaky world, any crisis such as those being forecast by world leaders, could send fuel and food prices into the stratosphere. Regardless of the specifics in how this situation plays out, the fact is that FOOD IS THE TARGET!

Wise people appreciate these warnings, and understand that time is running out to secure what their families will soon desperately need. The expected long, cold winter is almost here and a Christmas gift of food, in these troubled times is truly the gift of life.

Note from Steve: For years people who bought food were thinking about preparing for an uncertain future. Today, is that future. Those who understand what's happening are accumulating every bit of food they can get because, for many, food is already unaffordable and there will soon be none available, at any price.

SITREP - November 7, 2008

RED ALERT: The RED Level Alert is for food in general. Get all you can, as fast as you can!
Action: Go to eFoodsDirect.com and read the current news articles until you have convinced yourself that you must act immediately.

Tell everyone you care about to sign-up for this SITREP (Situation Report) so that they too can stay a step ahead of the rapidly deteriorating situation.

visit: eFoodsDirect.com - or call: 1-800-409-5633
Old 11-07-2008, 10:03 PM   #2
Corky
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Food is the target

Just a few tasty morsels on this topic...follow the money. Food seems a better investment than gold.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.p...xt=va&aid=7529

http://www.thedailygreen.com/environ...urity-47050903

http://www.schillerinstitute.org/foo...m_jb_1995.html
Corky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 10:07 PM   #3
JesterTerrestrial
Avalon Senior Member

Food is one of the tragets.

Start A Farmers Market Today!
JesterTerrestrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 10:58 PM   #4
mel
Avalon Senior Member

this is so mucked up and could be so overwhelming!
Truth is power, blah, blah, ..you dont like it so make a change, ..with an acorn grows a tree ..what even if that becomes corrupted?!
Appreciate the links, sometimes dont you wish you were ignorant of all this bo***x ? But have to do something, best go work it out! Peace and healthy eating!
mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 11:54 PM   #5
Corky
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Baggywrinkle

Thanks for the thread.

Seems like just another doom & gloom subject and as mel put it:

"this is so mucked up and could be so overwhelming!
Truth is power, blah, blah, ..you dont like it so make a change, ..with an acorn grows a tree ..what even if that becomes corrupted?!
Appreciate the links, sometimes dont you wish you were ignorant of all this bo***x ? "

I completely agree.. I wish the pieces of the puzzle were not gravitating like a magnet in my subconsciousness. However.. I think that this is useful information to those that may be reading this that perhaps are not aware of the there may possibly be an agenda and with certainly with no immediate plans might be taken unaware.... unaware that the true goal is this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesterTerrestrial View Post

WE ALL ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.

That's is why we all gravitated to this site isn't it?
Old 11-08-2008, 12:02 AM   #6
Baggywrinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corky View Post
Hi Baggywrinkle

Thanks for the thread.

Seems like just another doom & gloom subject and as mel put it:

If you choose to look at it that way, then it is. Truely, it is.

But if it hard times come your way and you have properly prepared then
you might think this was the luckiest day of your life that you heard and were
able to get ready. If nothing happens, what then? Eat the food. No harm, no foul.

My 72 year old mother just put up a years supply of long term storeable food.
I won't lie awake at night worrying about her quite so much now.
Old 11-08-2008, 12:16 AM   #7
Corky
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Baggywrinkle

There was absolutely no sarcasm when I said "thanks for the thread"..not sure if you read my entire post as read yours or followed my links that supported what I felt was your warning.

WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER...the more information the better.

Old 11-08-2008, 02:11 AM   #8
Baggywrinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corky View Post
Hi Baggywrinkle

There was absolutely no sarcasm when I said "thanks for the thread"..not sure if you read my entire post as read yours or followed my links that supported what I felt was your warning.

WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER...the more information the better.

No sarcasm taken. My comments were aimed in a general direction

For some it is hard to come to the point of acceptance for various reasons
including disbelief and fear. That was why I mentioned my mother. Talk about a tough bickie to crack! It was a forbidden subject for two years. I have a years supply of food in my barn with her name on it because she threatened to give it to the salvation army! In my family I [was] the one viewed as a bit touched (because he stores food ya know). Now they've all come round and have their own supplies on order. She brought up the subject on her own just this last weekend. Praise the Lord, never doubt that miracles do happen!

Because if the balloon really does go up and you aren't ready you will have
two choices. Bare your butt (for the chip) to get a bowl of soup at a government processing center, or starve.

In Kentucky they have a saying which applies to hard times. It cuts right to
the chase.
Root Hog Or Die
Old 11-08-2008, 03:01 AM   #9
Magamud
Avalon Senior Member

Food threat oh ya! Sci Fi Nazis doing population control and eugenics.
1. codex alimentarius
http://www.healthfreedomusa.org/

2. Terminator seed
http://www.banterminator.org/

3. Genetically modified food
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...12505897358694
Magamud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 04:26 AM   #10
bosr
Avalon Senior Member

Prices are rising fast at the grocery stores. Gather your supplies while they are still affordable (and available).

Don't forget to purchase heritage seeds.
bosr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 04:30 AM   #11
ralok_j
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesterTerrestrial View Post

I would suggest you learn how to grow your own.
ralok_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 04:39 AM   #12
Baggywrinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralok_j View Post
I would suggest you learn how to grow your own.
Learn from your grandparents. Community garden, Family garden, patio garden, rooftop garden;

VICTORY GARDEN

Start thinking edible landscape. Do it. Do it now. Just do it.
Old 11-08-2008, 05:01 AM   #13
ralok_j
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baggywrinkle View Post
Learn from your grandparents. Community garden, Family garden, patio garden, rooftop garden;

VICTORY GARDEN

Start thinking edible landscape. Do it. Do it now. Just do it.
I agree!! I became "motivated" to learn about this and began recycling about 8 years ago.
Old 11-08-2008, 05:03 AM   #14
Baggywrinkle

Backyard Chickens are a GOOD idea

Backyard meat rabbits

Backyard Quail

Backyard Catfish
Backyard Tilapia

Last edited by Baggywrinkle; 11-08-2008 at 05:06 AM.
Old 11-08-2008, 05:15 AM   #15
ralok_j
Avalon Senior Member

I actually joked with my wife a few months ago that I was going to turn our tool shed into a chicken coop. I figure if the worst does come, there's plenty of squirels and rabbits and sparrows we can eat.
Old 11-08-2008, 10:01 AM   #16
Genevieve
Avalon Senior Member

Hey all!!!

I'm really liking this thread and hope it gets the attention it deserves.

IMHO i think food has ALWAYS been the target. What better way to hold people to ransom - food it our last bastion in our claim to individual sovereignty.

We in the "western world" are too complacent - dont people relate to seeing hundreds of thousands of people in Africa (yes they are human too) being totally controlled/ moved all for lack of or availability of food?? And we are prompted and led to believe we can solve all this by a donation of $$. Do we really think the same scenario would NOT happen should the food suddenly disappear off our supermarket shelves??

Even people in rural environments are similarly held to ransom. They are SOLD crops of bigger better yielding seeds - that are GM to only suit a certain set of criteria - one out of the blue seasonal change (and this is the norm) and they have no more crop!! Okay if you can borrow from a bank to put in next years crop and can still go down to the local supermarket and buy imported grain - but NOT okay when you and your family in some remote little obscure realm actually NEED and RELY on that said crop to feed yourself all year!!

The thing with GM food is that it is "patented" and therefore OWNED by companies such as MONSANTO. I remember being alarmed years ago by the notion that MONSANTO and other Pharmas were trying to PATENT vitamins - which to follow the thought thru would mean that anyone growing their own orange tree was in fact breaking the law by obtaining their own vitamin c!! lol

I will try and find the correct link to this - and post it later.

However it seems that idea was not so far off the mark now when you see how vehemently opposed the pharmas are to any NATURAL remedies being on sale right now.

I started a thread ages ago about a guy Dr Ken Street ( yep he's an aussie!!)
who is doing everything in his power to "rescue" native crop seeds from total extinction. He travelled to some of the most remote parts of the world and even there he was battling to find the "native" seeds because of sales of the GM bigger better crops being sold to some of the poorest people in the world!!!

Baggy i admire and applaud you for all your down to earth common sense and very humanitarian posts. We each have our parts to play in this world and I too am one to start at the basics and move on up.

All the best "politics" in the world will mean nothing if people are starving - nor will all the gold in the world.

And such as the western world is with people living in densely populated areas - that doesnt mean you should "evacuate" to somewhere rural - that would just make the rural areas more densely populated!!! lol

BUT you can make a START and plant a patch of bare ground . Community gardens should become a way of life in suburbia.

Locally sourced food - jobs for people in YOUR area- looking after and tending the patch of ground that YOU all eat from.

Do we really need pretty flowering street trees? Why not pretty flowering fruit trees? Parks for kids that also grow heaps of FOOD and the kids can play in there too.

OK - i'm rambling now - its just something i'm very passionate about.

It just really hurts me to see ONE society so wasteful of all they CONSUME materially without ever realising that all that SOMETHING comes from some other societies hard work. I wont even dare to draw the analogy here to the stock market crash!!! lol

I love you all - and i really DO believe that true humanity rises to the occasion when pushed to a corner.

Keep this thread alive!!!!!!!!
Genevieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 11:59 AM   #17
AndyH
Avalon Senior Member

I've been saying for a while that I see the food problem as being far more of a threat than flu virus for example.
It's a very real and present danger.

The way I see it, the Elites do not just want random population reduction, they want a hardcore of people left.

It has excuses that come with it to cover for them in the early stages. The seed vault link btw is absolutely 100% true.
AndyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 01:48 PM   #18
alternative-answer
Avalon Senior Member

This is what is being planned for our food, a global take over and control.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...06429960925518
alternative-answer is offline   Reply With Quote