Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 11-01-2008, 09:08 PM   #51
moonwalker22
Avalon Senior Member

Location: I live in phoenix arizona - I also lived for five years in Sedona
Default Re: To Bill and Kerry concerning the Mods and Threads/Posts Deletion

Be very cautious in dealing with godlikeproductions. If you ever want to see an example of an un-moderated chaotic mess of a forum - that's the place to go. My brief experince reading on that forum a few years ago was like entering the mind of a scizophrenic. The most interesting threads wandered off into oblivion and a riot of differing opinions, deliberate sabotage, and mental noise, and lunacy. Be very grateful that the mods on this forum are willing to do the work required to keep it on track and meaningful.
moonwalker22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 09:35 PM   #52
Kate
Avalon Senior Member

Location: currently UK, searching for a safe relocation in next year

Be very grateful that the mods on this forum are willing to do the work required to keep it on track and meaningful. QUOTE

__________________________________________________ _

support and undersatnding is appreciated moonwalker!

We DO work very hard behind the scenes, and our integrity as individual truthseekers and as team players in service to members on this forum is enourmous.....

I would just like to clarify peoples general concerns about 'lost' threads....

Admin has gone through the Moderator logs for the last 3 days to get to the bottom of this issue regarding missing posts....

The logs show that a moderator has been merging quite a few threads. Now, the standard practice that the Mods have been using in this situation is to PM the OP of each original thread to inform them that their thread is being merged with another, and the location/title of the new thread.

However, it would be a logistical nightmare[along with the time involved] for the Mod responsible in merging the threads to PM every single poster in the threads concerned.

A perfect example was the recent[incorrect] report of a US warplance being brought down in Iran. Four threads sprange up in various parts of the forum, each with a substantial amount of posts. All four threads were merged & the OP PM'd, however, members involved in the threads STILL insisted that their thread/post had been deleted till the '3 click process' to find their posts was explained:

3 Click Process

* Click #1: Member goes to their OWN Bio page
* Click #2: Member clicks on 'show all statistics'
* Click #3: Member clicks on 'find all posts'

Hopefully this will explain the recent cries of 'why has my post/thread been deleted?' queries

As Bill publicly stated earlier, Simon DID remove his own thread..and as a result individual posts of great value were lost. THIS WAS A TERRIBLE MISTAKE! I was personally gutted to find this out, as I DID react harshly to the OP of this thread in 'reaction' to what I thought was yet another 'mod bashing ' opportunity.... I apologise now for being wrong on that particular factor.

I hope that from this point forth, we can all start to build bridges again in Avalon and pull together in one big UNITED way!!

peace and light to all
kate

Last edited by Kate; 11-01-2008 at 09:38 PM.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 09:45 PM   #53
stal
Avalon Senior Member

so it would be ok for me to make half a dozen multi accounts to back myself up whenever i post something? cool

edit to add - that was a bad joke sry. i fully support the mods/admins. takes some effort to look after a site like this.

Last edited by stal; 11-01-2008 at 09:55 PM.
stal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 05:46 AM   #54
zorgon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ryan View Post
Zorgon/Ron:

As soon as John left the forum, Kerry phoned him personally and left a message. He never called back. (Maybe he never received it?)
It is possible he never got it... as he says he was waiting to hear from you...

Quote:
Kerry and I will be in Las Vegas for the Crash Retrieval Conference this next weekend. Will you both join us for dinner? It would be our pleasure.
That would be THIS one?
2008 UFO Crash Retrieval Conference Nov 7 - 9 2008

Well SEMA tears out Fri 7th at 5pm so I cannot get away then, but Sat 8th after 5pm or Sunday the 9th (or later) is possible...

I just called John and he said he is up for it "If I'm still alive"...

What he means by that is he is still on heavy medication from the five day spinal cord surgery he just went through.... He is recovering but still has great pain in arms and shoulders... but he said "let me know when and where and he will be there

Quote:
There's been such a proliferation of non-malevolent misunderstandings that we all need to get together and chat. By comparing notes, we may all discover more.
Sounds good to me.... The truth was after all what brought me here in the first place...

Quote:
Collaboration and open communication is what we stand for. Our way is to talk to everyone... and to encourage and support everyone to talk to one another.
Open communication is great to keep a group strong and healthy...
"Collaboration" leads to trouble...

Last edited by zorgon; 11-02-2008 at 05:50 AM.