Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Health / Alternative Medicine

Notices

Old 09-15-2009, 01:32 AM   #1
Luminari
Avalon Senior Member

Arrow Activator-X

Activator-X (mentioned in the Pete Peterson interview) has been identified as vitamin K2, specifically the MK-4 isoform (menatetrenone).

Vitamin K2 is important for the utilization of minerals, protects against tooth decay, protects against calcification of the arteries leading to heart disease, amoungst other benefits.

This is old news to some but might be of vital interest to others.

Here is some very detailed information on it:
http://www.westonaprice.org/basicnut...itamin-k2.html

Another good PhD written article:
http://wholehealthsource.blogspot.co...tivator-x.html

Here is one available product that contains Activator-X:
http://www.gpawholefoods.com.au/butt...34e849902e5c40
Luminari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 02:41 AM   #2
Barcarolle
Retired Avalon Member

Default Re: Activator-X

thanks Luminari, good work
Barcarolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 02:50 AM   #3
Sideshow Shaman
Avalon Senior Member

This is a very interesting topic to me.

The website of the producer of X-Factor Gold has more detailed info on that product... here

However the Skate Liver Oil is the really interesting stuff there. Apparently Skate & Ratfish belong to the same family and their liver oils are the same color.

It seems recommended by multiple sources to use both of the above type of products along with raw milk & organ meats to accomplish remineralization. But I would be interested to hear of anyone's experience in seeking Factor X.
Sideshow Shaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 03:08 AM   #4
Luminari
Avalon Senior Member

Wink Re: Activator-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideshow Shaman View Post
This is a very interesting topic to me.

The website of the producer of X-Factor Gold has more detailed info on that product... here

However the Skate Liver Oil is the really interesting stuff there. Apparently Skate & Ratfish belong to the same family and their liver oils are the same color.

It seems recommended by multiple sources to use both of the above type of products along with raw milk & organ meats to accomplish remineralization. But I would be interested to hear of anyone's experience in seeking Factor X.
Good finds! and cheaper than the product I found.

I wonder which out of all these products would do the best job at strengthening my teeth?
Old 09-15-2009, 03:34 AM   #5
Luminari
Avalon Senior Member

Ratfish and Skate (below) comparison. Both very creepy IMO.

Old 09-17-2009, 05:24 AM   #6
TempestGarden
Avalon Senior Member

Does anyone happen to know if this will actually reverse damage and calcification of the arteries? I know it's helpful in prevention of these things but I wonder if it does anything to repair any sort of damage that has already been done....
TempestGarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 05:38 AM   #7
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempestGarden View Post
Does anyone happen to know if this will actually reverse damage and calcification of the arteries? I know it's helpful in prevention of these things but I wonder if it does anything to repair any sort of damage that has already been done....
Oh absolutely this kind of damage can be reversed! The body wants to heal - is a phrase I got from a Donna Eden interview on Conscious Media Network.

But is Activator X the answer? I'm not sure without doing some research.

This is what I do know ... enzymes like serrapeptase can remove this gunk from the artery walls.

How does the gunk get there in the first place? Well our food sources are so corrupt that absolutely hostile systems are set up in the body and the arteries get "burned" and the cholesterol, etc. run in to patch it up and keep the blood in your circulatory system.

Vitamin B6 can help eliminate one of the arterial destructors.

Weston A Price did studies in the 1930s and showed our health and the deterioration of it are all about food and water. The primitive people knew that animal fat was essential and had nutrients not found in any vegetation food. They made sure young people of child bearing disposition were the first to get the best fats prior to conception,while pregnant and while nursing. Dr. Price asked why - they said because they know it makes perfect babies.

quote from"
http://www.bodyecology.com/07/04/05/activator_x.php
But Activator X is effective for more than just tooth decay. According to research1, Activator X plays a role in:

* The proper growth and development of children
* Supporting endocrine function, especially the thyroid
* Reducing chronic inflammation related to heart disease
* Decreased mortality rates

Last edited by Karen; 09-17-2009 at 05:45 AM.
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 05:42 AM   #8
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempestGarden View Post
Quote from:
http://www.squidoo.com/vitamin-b6

Vitamin B6 is a water-soluble vitamin, also called pyridoxal phosphate.
The Homocysteine Revolution - Vitamin B6 and B12 !!!
Essential reading for those wishing to prevent heart disease
One of the most tragic medical blunders of the past few decades is the incorrect dogma that coronary artery disease -- and resultant heart attacks -- are caused primarily by cholesterol and "artery clogging fat." Yes, arteries clogged with plaque (which contains cholesterol and fat) can result in heart attacks, but there is abundant evidence that the mere presence of cholesterol and fats in the body does not, by itself, cause arterial plaque to form. In fact, many slender people with "ideal" cholesterol levels have plaque-filled arteries which result in heart attacks.

What medical dogma has overlooked until quite recently is that plaque builds up only in arteries that have been wounded in some fashion. Arterial plaque is, in essence a form of scab that forms on wounded arteries to protect us from internal hemorrhaging. What causes wounded arteries? One cause is free radicals, which can be combatted by antioxidants.

But a second major cause of arterial wounding -- and arterial plaque -- was discovered by the author of this book, Dr. Kilmer McCully: elevated concentrations in the blood of a chemical called homocysteine. Homocysteine is a natural product of the metabolism af an amino acid called methionine and, therefore, our body's always contain some homocysteine.

Vitamins B6, B12, and folic acid keep blood concentrations of homocysteine low enough to be safe.
Old 09-17-2009, 05:58 AM   #9
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

Snippets with word "reversed"

Price used the combination of high-vitamin cod liver oil and high-Activator X butter oil as the cornerstone of his protocol for reversing dental caries. This protocol not only stopped the progression of tooth decay, but completely reversed it without the need for oral surgery by causing the dentin to grow and remineralize, sealing what were once active caries with a glassy finish. One 14-year-old girl completely healed 42 open cavities in 24 teeth by taking capsules of the high-vitamin cod liver oil and Activator X concentrate three times a day for seven months.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Vitamin K1 supplements produce modest decreases in bone loss in the elderly. A number of Japanese trials, on the other hand, have shown that vitamin K2 completely reverses bone loss and in some cases even increases bone mass in populations with osteoporosis.31
~~~~~~~~~~
Large amounts of vitamin K2 completely inhibit the ability of Warfarin to cause arterial calcification in rats. Vitamin K1, by contrast, has no inhibitory effect at all.21 Researchers from the University of Maastricht recently showed that both K vitamins can reverse calcification that has already occurred in Wistar Kyoto rats.65
Old 09-17-2009, 05:59 AM   #10
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

On the Trail of the Elusive X-Factor

A Sixty-Two-Year-Old Mystery Finally Solved

By Chris Masterjohn

Contents

* Article Summary
* On the Trail of the Elusive X-Factor (Main Article)
o A Sixty-Year Mystery
o Vitamin K: Three Discoveries Converge
o Perfect Correspondence
o Synergy with Vitamins A and D
o Vitamin K2 and Dental Health
o Vitamin K2 and Bone Health
o Vitamin K2 and Heart Disease
o Vitamin K2 and the Brain
o Other Roles of Vitamin K2
o Vitamin K2 in Foods
* Figures
o Figure 1: The Structure of K Vitamins and Their Chemical Behavior
o Figure 2: Corresponding Characteristics of Activator X and Vitamin K2
o Figure 3: Vitamin K-Dependent Carboxylation
o Figure 4: Vitamin K2 Contents of Selected Foods
* Sidebars
o The Activator X Test
o Interactions between Vitamins A, D, and K2
o Is Vitamin K2 an Essential Nutrient?
o The Vitamin K-Dependent Carboxylase
o Vitamin K2 and the Brain: A Closer Look
o Bacterial Production of Vitamin K2
o Supplementing with Vitamin K2
* References
* About the Author
* Follow Up Questions & Answers
Old 09-17-2009, 06:02 AM   #11
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

That Donna Eden interview is here:
http://www.consciousmedianetwork.com/members/deden.htm

Donna was allergic to everything except meat and milk products. The animal FAT is very important. This feeds the nerves. She was missing 3 enzymes to digest plant food. She was sick with many things, tuberculosis, multiple sclerosis, breast cancer, and more. The doctors said she was terminal. Best day of her life. She soon discovered the energy flow in her body. The spleen meridian (metabolize food) was not working and triple warmer (fight or flight) was on overdrive. She healed herself and is now vibrant, radiant, smiling and laughing - and teaching others. Heal autism, heal learning problems, heal Alzheimers, heal strokes, heal auto immune diseases. Cure cancer! Learn to live in the sea of electromagnetic and microwave pollution and toxins < that's one of the biggies for me.

You can learn it in a 3 hour class, or a 5 day class, or on her DVDs and can see lots on youtube. And she confirms - as far a diet, everyone is different - listen to your body! http://innersource.net
Old 09-17-2009, 01:57 PM   #12
Northern Boy
Avalon Senior Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitamin_K

Please note when taking Vitamin D3 it is recommended you take it with a calcium supplement however if you can find it with Vitamin K2 it is even better

Recommended amounts

The U.S. Dietary Reference Intake (DRI) for an Adequate Intake (AI) of Vitamin K for a 25-year old male is 120 micrograms/day. The Adequate Intake (AI) of this phytonutrient for adult women is 90 micrograms/day, for infants is 10-20 micrograms/day, for children and adolescents 15-100 micrograms/day. In 2002 it was found that to get maximum carboxylation of osteocalcin, one may have to take up to 1000 μg of Vitamin K1. Like other liposoluble vitamins [vitamins A, D, E], vitamin K is stored in the fat tissue of the human body.

Toxicity

Although allergic reaction is possible, there is no known toxicity associated with high doses of the phylloquinone (vitamin K1) or menaquinone (vitamin K2) forms of vitamin K and therefore no Tolerable Upper Intake Level (UL) have been set. However, vitamin K3 (menadione) has been shown to be toxic. In fact, the FDA has banned this synthetic form of the vitamin from over-the-counter supplements as large doses have been shown to cause allergic reactions, hemolytic anemia and cytotoxicity in liver cells. [9]

Drug Interactions

Menaquinone (K2) is capable of blocking the blood thinning action of anticoagulants like warfarin, which work by interfering with the action of Vitamin K1. It also reverses the tendency of these drugs to cause arterial calcification in the long term.

Sources

Vitamin K1 is found chiefly in leafy green vegetables such as spinach, swiss chard, and Brassica (e.g. cabbage, kale, cauliflower, broccoli, and brussels sprouts); some fruits such as avocado and kiwifruit are also high in Vitamin K. By way of reference, two tablespoons of parsley contain 153% of the recommended daily amount of vitamin K.[10]. Some vegetable oils, notably soybean, contain vitamin K, but at levels that would require relatively large caloric consumption to meet the USDA recommended levels.[11]
It is believed that phylloquinone's tight binding to the thylakoid membranes in the chloroplasts is the reason behind the poor bioavailability of vitamin K in green plants. For example, cooked spinach has a 4 percent bioavailability of phylloquinone. However when one adds butter to the spinach, the bioavailability increases to 13 percent due to the increased solubility of vitamin K in fat. [12]
Menaquinone-4 and Menaquinone-7 (vitamin K2) are found in meat, eggs, dairy [13] and natto[14]. MK-4 is synthesized by animal tissues, the rest (mainly MK-7) are synthesized by bacteria during fermentation. In natto 0% of vitamin K is from MK-4 and in cheese 2-7%.[15]
Northern Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 02:33 PM   #13
Sarahmay
Avalon Senior Member

Vitamin K2, Menatetrenone is available at retailers like Iherb.com for a very reasonable cost...think I'll add it to the regimen.
Sarahmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 08:46 AM   #14
TraineeHuman
Avalon Senior Member

Regarding calcification of the arteries, another way to cure it (probably not as effective?) is Linus Pauling's. Linus specifically received his second Nobel Prize as a result of proving that something like 5 to 10 grams of vitamin C with 2 grams of L-lysine per day (I think for several weeks) removes artherosclerosis (the "scab-like" hardest part of a clogged artery).

Pauling remains the only person in history to have received an individual Nobel Prize more than once. In his Nobel lecture, he described in detail how heart disease is largely just vitamin C deficiency.
TraineeHuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 08:03 PM   #15
mntruthseeker
Avalon Senior Member

A special Thanks to all of you that know what you are talking about and did all this great researching and shared with us

I placed my orders today and I'm so thankfull to all of you

Last edited by mntruthseeker; 09-20-2009 at 08:07 PM.
mntruthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 08:39 PM   #16
morem
Avalon Senior Member

Yes, indeed thank you! Great Thread!
morem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 01:33 PM   #17
Greenberet
Avalon Senior Member

Ok, these are great news!

I´m interested in activating my pineal gland, so which do you think is better, just plain K2 vitamins.... or Cod Liver Oil, Skate fish liver oil, liquid or capsules...

The sites are great, but i´m quite confused..... which will work best to clear up the poo stored in our pineal gland........?

Thanks people, !!

.::GreenBeret::.
Greenberet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 02:03 PM   #18
Sarahmay
Avalon Senior Member

I just started on the K2 supplements. Fermented fish liver oil scares me for some reason. I'll let you know if anything amazing happens...I'm in pretty good health already.
Sarahmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:46 AM   #19
Igor
Avalon Senior Member

Don't know how much this information on the fish oils is true or less , but anyone noticed that in the site mentioned in this thread , the seller of the products tells that it is rich in concentrations of squalene , and squalene has been reported by various sources to be highly dangerous for human health , has been used in the recent flu vaccines , and many studies report that is responsible for the illness of the soldiers that took the gulf war syndrome.

Just this....I don't know if this is true or not , but it sounded strange to me when I saw "squalene" in the product description.
Igor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 11:27 PM   #20
twelvestrand
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor View Post
Don't know how much this information on the fish oils is true or less , but anyone noticed that in the site mentioned in this thread , the seller of the products tells that it is rich in concentrations of squalene , and squalene has been reported by various sources to be highly dangerous for human health , has been used in the recent flu vaccines , and many studies report that is responsible for the illness of the soldiers that took the gulf war syndrome.

Just this....I don't know if this is true or not , but it sounded strange to me when I saw "squalene" in the product description.
I copied this from another forum:

Your immune system recognizes squalene as an oil molecule native to your body. It is found throughout your nervous system and brain. In fact, you can consume squalene in olive oil and not only will your immune system recognize it, you will also reap the benefits of its antioxidant properties.

The difference between “good” and “bad” squalene is the route by which it enters your body. Injection is an abnormal route of entry which incites your immune system to attack all the squalene in your body, not just the vaccine adjuvant.
Your immune system will attempt to destroy the molecule wherever it finds it, including in places where it occurs naturally, and where it is vital to the health of your nervous system.

The FDA discovered the presence of squalene in certain lots of anthrax vaccines. A test was developed to detect anti-squalene antibodies in GWS patients, and a clear link was established between the "contaminated" product and all the GWS sufferers who had been injected with a vaccine containing squalene.

It is now being added to the new swine flu vaccine.
twelvestrand is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
activator-x