Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > News And Updates

Notices

Old 02-03-2010, 11:36 AM   #1
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

Thumbs down Nothing has 'CHANGED' ~ Uncle Sam has NEVER been bigger

Ron Paul: "Nothing has Changed"

Posted by Matt Hawes on 01/21/10

Recently, Congressman Paul was interviewed as part of a CNN American Morning package on the growing size of government.

VIDEO (4:50): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf3NxEnguSQ

SOURCE: http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=31661

7 Unfortunately Appropriate Quotes from Barack Obama

Posted by brandonwbarrios on 01/22/10 1:59 PM

Our 44th President, Barack Obama, has said a lot of things to be certain. The following quotes he made on the campaign trail or soon after being elected as President of the United States. Commentary Included.

"This is the moment when we must build on the wealth that open markets have created, and share its benefits more equitable."

We will do that by restricting markets, and punishing productivity.
"What do you think a stimulus is? It's spending- that's the whole point! Seriously."
And if it doesn't stimulate we'll spend some more
"We're not going to baby sit a civil war."
We'll join in.
"I think when you spread the wealth around it's good for everybody."
Especially when you do it with other people's money.
"If the people cannot trust their government to do the job for which it exists- to protect them and to promote their common welfare- all else is lost."
And even though a majority of the people don't trust the government to run healthcare, I will still force it into law.
"If you're walking down the right path and you're willing to keep walking, eventually you'll make progress."
And if you're walking down the wrong path and willing to keep walking, eventually you'll make big government.
"Operations in Iraq and Afghanistan and the war on terrorism have reduced the pace of military transformation and have revealed our lack of preparation for defensive and stability operation. This Administration has overextended our military."
Therefore when elected to office I seek to expand it further.
SOURCE and COMMENTS: http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=31691

Barack Obama was Against Health Care Taxes Before he was for Them

Posted by Doug Bandow on 01/08/10 11:06 AM

Former Obama supporter Lee Stranahan points out the president's egregious flip-flops on health care. Check out Stranahan's video:

VIDEO (5:43): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8wmN3wvhNM

The political battle is not yet over. Every congressman needs to hear from Americans outraged over what the politicians are threatening to do to our health care.

Doug Bandow

SOURCE: http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=31154

Back-Door Taxes Hikes to Hit the Middle Class

Posted by Jesse Benton on 02/02/10 6:36 PM

Update: Reuters has pulled the story referenced below. We'll keep an eye out for any further updates.

A central plank to Obama's camapign was a pledge not to raise taxes on the middle class. Here's a video on how that is going. Obama Tax Promises 7/13/2009 VIDEO (2:40): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56c1fSdTAWI (Thanks to my friend Adam Radman at ATR)

Now, Reuters and Drudge are reporting on the back-door, sneaky way the Administration is planning to cut the deficit - not by cutting spending, or trimming back our overseas empire. No, it's to squeeze more money out of your pocket.

Quote:
In the 2010 budget tabled by President Barack Obama on Monday, the White House wants to let billions of dollars in tax breaks expire by the end of the year -- effectively a tax hike by stealth.
Read the rest here.

SOURCE: http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=32128

President Obama moves to end tax break for the middle class

Published February 2nd, 2010

According to a report by The Hill President Barack Obama is seeking to end a middle-class tax break he once said would be permanent.

Continues: http://www.campaignforliberty.com/wire.php?view=10170

Added this one after the fact with Edit

Obama Double Talk on Taxes

April 17, 2008

VIDEO (1:08): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCMieWnY9uo&NR=1

Never say NEVER!!!

Added this one after the fact with Edit

A History of Obama Double Talk

July 25, 2008 Iraq

Uh....must not have had a teleprompter for this one.

VIDEO (7:49): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyZeD...eature=related

Obama pledges to continue fighting

Posted by Matt Hawes on 01/22/10 3:51 PM

Via CNN:

Quote:
Offering his most extensive public comments about the election debacle in Massachusetts, President Obama acknowledged that he's taking some lumps but also trying to cast himself as a populist who will "never stop fighting" to bring health care reform and jobs to communities like this hard-hit manufacturing area outside Cleveland.

"Let me tell you, so long as I have the privilege of serving as your president, I'll never stop fighting for you," Obama said at the beginning of a town hall meeting with voters Friday. "I'll take my lumps, too. I'll never stop fighting to bring jobs back to Elyria. I'll never stop fighting for an economy where hard work is rewarded, where responsibility is honored, where accountability is upheld, where we're creating the jobs of tomorrow."...
Read the rest. http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/01/...ex.html?hpt=T1

If the White House wishes to continue pursuing health care, that quote may have to be shortened to, "I'll never stop fighting you," with the release of a new Rasmussen Reports survey http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...th_care_reform showing that 58% of Americans oppose the plan currently before Congress.

Here's an idea, Mr. President. Let's take just one plank from the Operation Health Freedom platform: legalize insurance competition across state lines. It would be the first legitimate use of the Commerce Clause power in quite some time, and the ensuing competition would bring a drop in prices and a repackaging of plans to better suit consumers.

One little fix. One big impact for freedom.

Then again, that would be actually fighting for the people instead of trying to dictate the course of their lives. It would be real change, and we just can't have that.

SOURCE: http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=31695

Last edited by peaceandlove; 02-03-2010 at 12:07 PM.
peaceandlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 01:29 PM   #2
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Nothing has 'CHANGED' ~ Uncle Sam has NEVER been bigger

Fact-checking the President

Posted by Matt Hawes on 01/28/10 10:23 AM

Yahoo is running an AP piece today that analyzes several of the president's statements and checks them against what has actually happened or is projected to happen. The results aren't pretty.

Read the article here:

FACT CHECK: Obama and a toothless commission

By CALVIN WOODWARD, Associated Press Writer – Thu Jan 28, 3:12 am ET

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama told Americans the bipartisan deficit commission he will appoint won't just be "one of those Washington gimmicks." Left unspoken in that assurance was the fact that the commission won't have any teeth.

Obama confronted some tough realities in his State of the Union speech Wednesday night, chief among them that Americans are continuing to lose their health insurance as Congress struggles to pass an overhaul.

Yet some of his ideas for moving ahead skirted the complex political circumstances standing in his way.

A look at some of Obama's claims and how they compare with the facts:

Continues: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100128/...ama_fact_check

SOURCE: http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=31913
Old 02-03-2010, 03:39 PM   #3
no caste
Avalon Senior Member

Uncle Sam: never dumber either, well, come to think of it from what I know, US/UK and its subsidiary Helldog Industries Worldwide is quite consistent!! AIG bonuses (again). Drug companies on the big time offensive lol HOW MUCH DO WARS COST???!!!!! Heavens.

The 'apocalypse' is a pain in the a$$. (not cheap to produce, either!!)
no caste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 07:38 AM   #4
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Blah blah blah. More people complaining about government and doing nothing to change it.

I could care less about the size of the government when the people complaining about it know jack squat about how it works.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 06:43 PM   #5
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble Janitor View Post
Blah blah blah. More people complaining about government and doing nothing to change it.

I could care less about the size of the government when the people complaining about it know jack squat about how it works.
??????????

I believe everyone at Campaign for Liberty are doing something to change it (unlike Obama).........and they definitely know exactly how it works.

THURSDAY, JANUARY 21, 2010

Obama's Now Famous Crotch Salute

How many of you remember this scene during the election of 2008 when our future Commander-in-Chief refused to salute the flag during the Star Spangled Banner? His "handlers" quickly informed the MSM that he simply couldn't hear the music being played. (see photos at link below)

Excerpt:

General Bill Ginn' USAF (ret.) asked Obama to explain WHY he doesn't follow protocol when the National Anthem is played.

The General also stated to Obama that according to the United States Code, Title 36, Chapter 10, Sec. 171...

During rendition of the national anthem, when the flag is displayed, all present (except those in uniform) are expected to stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart. Or, at the very least, "Stand and Face It".

Senator Obama replied:

"As I've said about the flag pin, I don't want to be perceived as taking sides". "There are a lot of people in the world to whom the American flag is a symbol of oppression."

"The anthem itself conveys a war-like message. You know, the bombs bursting in air and all that sort of thing."

Quote:
ARE YOU READY FOR THIS???
Obama said: "The National Anthem should be 'swapped' for something less parochial and less bellicose.

I like the song 'I'd Like To Teach the World To Sing'. If that were our anthem, then, I might salute it. In my opinion, we should consider reinventing our National Anthem as well as 'redesign' our Flag to better offer our enemies hope and love. It's my intention, if elected, to disarm America to the level of acceptance to our Middle East Brethren. If we, as a Nation of waring people, conduct ourselves as the nations of Islam where peace prevails - - - perhaps a state or period of mutual accord could exist between our governments."

"When I become President, I will seek a pact or agreement to end hostilities between those who have been at war or in a state of enmity, and a freedom from disquieting oppressive thoughts. We as a Nation have placed upon the nations of Islam an unfair injustice which is WHY my Wife disrespects the Flag and she and I have attended several flag burning ceremonies in the past."

"Of course now, I have found myself about to become the President of the United States and I have put my hatred aside. I will use my power to bring CHANGE to this Nation, and offer the people a new path. My wife and I look forward to becoming our Country's First black Family. Indeed, CHANGE is about to overwhelm the United States of America "

Quote:
WHAAAAAAAT the Hell is that!!!

Yes, you read it right.

I, for one, am speechless!!!
Dale Lindsborg,
Washington Post

Complete Post and Photos: http://chrisdickson.blogspot.com/201...ch-salute.html

SOURCE: G. Edward Griffins' site: http://www.realityzone.com/currentperiod.html

Last edited by peaceandlove; 02-16-2010 at 07:07 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:19 PM   #6
Rocky_Shorz
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble Janitor View Post

Well at least we completely agree on this subject.

The public is being focused on political bickering to keep their minds from looking at what really needs to be changed.

Palin and McCain were chosen for a reason, both well liked but not a chance of winning. Obama no matter how much he would like to has no power to make changes that are necessary.

The Media keeps spinning the battles back and forth between politicians to take our minds off of the true problems.

The truth is Federal Reserve and IRS need to go away.

Banks need regulations and clean energy needs to be the worlds top priority right now. But those in control won't allow it, that takes away their power. And when America is hurting the whole world is feeling it, when the consumers can't buy, it takes the momentum out of the wheel... The world is in the middle of a power struggle right now and the only ones hurting are us, the people.

Those who truly run the world are sitting back and laughing because they are richer than they've ever been the crisis just sucked all the strength from those who should be able to stand together against them. Look around at people's faces, what you see is desperation and sorow for everything they have lost, but the truth is, by losing it, they are stronger than ever. Stuff doesn't matter, big cars, fancy houses, what everyone has been given is the chance to truly look inside themselves for answers. Third world countries don't feel bad that they don't live in mansions, they are some of the happiest most loving people on the planet. They have food on the table and family and friends surrounding them.

The media will never share what really needs to be known, because just like everyone else, they answer to the top. They control what makes people angry around the world, when you watch your news and your blood starts boiling you stop thinking and knowing and grab a noose to join the lynch mob. They show you stuff that you want, and are jealous that others are able to have, but you aren't. They want you working 18 hours a day trying to make enough to buy stuff...

But look at some of the people you know now that have gotten over the shock of losing everything. They've stopped working 60 hours a week because they have found what is really important. They are spending time with their family and friends. They aren't going out for dinner spending $300 just so they can tell everyone in the office where they were priveledged enough to go. Nope they sat home with the family eating vegetable soup and laughing about Johny's day in school. Children light up becuase now they have parents that care more about them than their jobs. What is happening is the world is evolving beyond the wheel.

Stop being controlled by what you are being fed, and start looking for real answers. The one thing that those in power never expected was how many poeple would hop off the wheel and never get back on...

It is, true freedom and peace...

Last edited by Rocky_Shorz; 02-16-2010 at 07:26 PM.
Rocky_Shorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 07:20 PM   #7
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

Some people are still having trouble facing the fact & obvious evidence that Obama is not "the man" they thought he was. Its just easier to live in denial, I guess.
waitinginthewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 07:46 PM   #8
Rocky_Shorz
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitinginthewings View Post
Some people are still having trouble facing the fact & obvious evidence that Obama is not "the man" they thought he was. Its just easier to live in denial, I guess.
ahh but you see that is wrong, Obama is the man everyone expected... He has changed the world in a way that can't be reversed, he is a person that the "people" chose and the hope he has given for many is beyond price.

The moment he sat down at the desk and had his advisors brief him he understood the truth. He would only be allowed to make the changes that they would allow...

He is a spokesperson for the country, a figurehead for the world to look up to, but he is being crushed just like Clinton and Bush from making any changes that the world really needs.

I like Ron Paul, but he is smart enough to know the truth and now is manipulating his followers just like all the other politicians to gain stength which is wrong.

We the people are getting fed up with all of it, I don't even watch the news anymore because it is the same garbage day after day.

You can plug your mind into Fox, CNN or MSNBC 24 hours a day and all you hear are distractions. You even get to choose which side of the battle you want to be programmed to.

It only takes a moment to understand, and I'm ashamed at those claiming to be tea partiers. You can't blame the man for a broken and manipulated system, it is time to dump tea and for the country to take back control for its people and the world.
Rocky_Shorz is offline   Reply With Quote