Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > News And Updates

Notices

Old 01-15-2009, 03:15 AM   #26
giovonni
Avalon Senior Member

Unhappy Re: I'm not one too harrp about the weather> but it is ridiculously cold outside!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
Yes, Giovanni, this is serious. Last night in Northern Wisconsin a sleepwalker froze to death.

"The cold claimed a victim in Sawyer County, where a 51-year-old sleepwalker died from exposure after wandering from his rural Hayward home early Tuesday.

Chief Deputy Tim Zeigle of the Sawyer County Sheriff's Department said the man was found about 190 yards from his house. His son, who reported him missing late Tuesday morning, said the man was prone to sleepwalking.

Deputies followed tracks of his bare feet in the snow to find him.

"He had been in bed and walked outside. He had on very few clothes," said Zeigle, who declined to release the man's name until relatives had been notified."

Dangerous weather.
Kathleen,
As this weather has contiuned to get more severe, I have kept> you, as my mind's barometer? Yes, as I was going about my day..shoveling.....work... errands.... etc...I kept saying too myself, well it must be even worse for Kathleen? So> I shouldn't complain?? But really this is scary cold! I was up shoveling at 6:00 am this morning> and it wasn't too bad? 2' no wind?? But tonight> Wow!! Now, I've heard on the wearher report> it is going to get colder???? -10> -30??? So, I know its going to be much worse for you?? But now, I'm ready to get in the car and head South, but Dan says its going to be in the teens there? There should be no reason for any human in any metro area to stay outside, but I realize> some of this lone souls don't want to go to shelters. I do understand their fears and their mindsets> still why does this happen. I'm really concerned, for those eldery persons and families with small children> who can't aford the high cost> today in heating any living space and choosing to eat or paying for medicine?
Well ok, I guess nothing will be solved with this post> enough of this rant.
Do me a favor> though> put yout thermostat up a bit> you keep it too cold!! and now even inside my nice warm house> I'm getting cold thinking about that??
giovonni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 03:27 AM   #27
Kathleen

Default Re: I'm not one too harrp about the weather> but it is ridiculously cold outside!

Thanks for the thoughts, Giovanni. Warms my heart!

I spoke with my brother today, who lives in San Diego, and they are having record warm temperatures. He said he went golfing yesterday and got sunburned. He was rubbing it in and said he was going to take a book and go sit on the beach in the 80 degree weather!.

Very bizarre weather!
Old 01-20-2009, 03:20 AM   #28
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: I'm not one too harrp about the weather> but it is ridiculously cold outside!

A mix of rain and snow is zipping across northwest Georgia, with snow flurries having reached into metro Atlanta by 7 p.m. tonight.
But even as the snow appears, winds from the fast-moving cold front will push the storm out to the northeastern mountains, where an inch or two of snow could accumulate in the higher elevations, according to the National Weather Service in Peachtree City.

A cold front from Canada is bringing the wintry mix and chilly temperatures, with the low tonight around 27 degrees in the metro counties. It will remain cloudy and windy — with gusts up to 25 mph — Tuesday, with a high of about 41.
Wednesday will bring more of the same, Frantz said, before the cold front moves out and allows the warming air flow from the Gulf of Mexico to return to the area on Thursday. Highs will be 55 on Thursday and 60 on Friday.
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 05:44 AM   #29
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

There is a lot of snow in the greater toronto area ...
and, it is very cold

inside it is about 68-72 degrees
and, there is a nice log fire in the fireplace

the weather is good inside to wear shorts
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 08:13 PM   #30
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

OK it's a balmy 63 degrees and sunny today which is a good thing because I dropped my phone in the clothes washer and had to take it apart and let it dry in the sun. LOL!
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 10:34 PM   #31
giovonni
Avalon Senior Member

Exclamation Re: I'm not one too harrp about the weather> but it is ridiculously cold outside!

Its in the low 20s with 30 mph winds factored in?

Note were only a few hundred miles apart

Yesterday> it was and in the 50's!!

Gi
giovonni is offline   Reply With Quote