Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 04-18-2009, 12:05 PM   #1
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

Default escaping ? selling ? letting go of everything ? HOW DID YOU DO IT ???

escaping ?
selling ?
letting go of everything ?

This is something, a lot of us here, have likely done

or, are, likely soon to do

SO...here are some questions

HOW DID YOU DO IT ???

HOW LONG DID IT TAKE YOU ???

WHAT DID YOU KEEP,
that, you wish you had NOT keep ???

WHAT DID YOU SELL,
that, you wish you had NOT sold ???

any ideas, for funny/or interesting ads that work ???

any suggestions, that, save time, and, make it easier ???

is it better, to free-cycle lot of it -- and, just give it away ???
+ xxx

Last edited by THE eXchanger; 12-29-2009 at 11:49 PM.
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:55 PM   #2
Myplanet2
In The Mists

Default Re: escaping ? selling ? letting go of everything ? HOW DID YOU DO IT ???

I think it's good to start be examining any and all attachments and following the strings back into what ever place we put them when we decided they could be of service to us in some way.

I think we'd mostly find we no longer have that particular need, and then it's easy.
Myplanet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 01:43 PM   #3
Egg
Banned

Default Re: escaping ? selling ? letting go of everything ? HOW DID YOU DO IT ???

WANTED

A good home for half a tonne of house hold goods and bric a brac. All offers considered, however first come first serve.

Owner is moving to the moon, and its hand luggage only so everything must go.

So come on in, grab a bargain, and i'll send a card from the moon once George bush sets up a postal service.
Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 01:47 PM   #4
Egg
Banned

Thats how I got rid of all the unwanted stuff.

What did I keep? a fair bit of money in the bank, a suitcase, a hold all and a suit and tie that had my passport in the pocket.

The rest went. Now I am busy buying up enough food and supplies for a year self sustained, and making damn sure I don't get caught on the hop in 2009-11 time frame.
Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 02:07 PM   #5
tone3jaguar
Avalon Senior Member

1 year ago I started looking around at my life style. I was living in an apartment that had rent of 1200.00 / month, not abnormal for S.E. Fl. I had the apartment filled with accumulated belongings that I rarely even looked at or used.

I decided that if I was holding on to something for non-practical, emotional, or sentimental, reasons that it was holding my vibration down to the vibration of the past. Using this kind of logic, I saw that there was not choice but to unload almost all of my material things in order to allow my vibration to rise to its maximum and stay on track with the planets raising vibration.

So, once a week I would make a huge pile of stuff, load it up in the car, and go drop it off at a donation center. The weird thing was that every time I got rid of a load, I could feel my vibration go up. It was like I was lighter. The Fung Shui of the apartment improved every time I did it. My mind became less cluttered with every load.

Then my lease was coming up. I called the Salvation Army and they sent out a truck. I gave away everything accept for my clothes, office supplies, and my computer. I then found a room to rent. The anticipation of going through with this is hard. Actually doing it is energizing and easy.
tone3jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 02:34 PM   #6
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

wow, i must of energised right

i got someone who wants to look at my house
someone who was on PA/PC told me to sell it last year
and, it looks like, the actual value of my house
has actually risen a lot-NOT fallen,
due to the rareness/and, uniqueness of my property
with all the downsizers - who don't want to lose huge room sizes/fireplaces/patios/etc.,
YEAH !!! THIS is great

(so much, for someone else's predictions)

I LIVE IN A DEBT FREE CITY, with $800 million in reserves

i am glad, i took my time, to figure my way out of here

hey--my dad was right - lowest price house in highest priced area

apparently, the people in $1-2-3-4-5 million dollar homes in this area
are, wanting to scale down
& there are only 48 homes (like mine)
(of which, they are likely to only find 3 of us,
that, would even consider selling )
a sellers market - so, this is very good

yes, i gave away a bunch of stuff this morning

and, i listed some stuff on the internet

i agree, it does feel quite liberating, to get rid of stuff

energy rising !!!

thanks for sharing your ideas, they are very helpful

Last edited by THE eXchanger; 12-29-2009 at 11:49 PM.
Old 04-18-2009, 02:37 PM   #7
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

does salvation army; actually come in; and; just cart it away ???

hmmm--that's an idea

i listed stuff at 8am; and; i've got a lady coming at 2pm
to actually buy stuff - this is amasing - she wants 8 things

(i need a vacation)

maybe, this is going to be real easy to do

i do like that funny ad, above

i am still working on the copy on my funny ad !!!

maybe, i'll post it later
+ xxx

Last edited by THE eXchanger; 12-29-2009 at 11:48 PM.
Old 04-18-2009, 02:48 PM   #8
futureyes
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egg View Post
WANTED

A good home for half a tonne of house hold goods and bric a brac. All offers considered, however first come first serve.

Owner is moving to the moon, and its hand luggage only so everything must go.

So come on in, grab a bargain, and i'll send a card from the moon once George bush sets up a postal service.
futureyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 03:56 PM   #9
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

- some of this, is real good -- keep in coming

Last edited by THE eXchanger; 12-29-2009 at 11:48 PM.
Old 04-18-2009, 03:59 PM   #10
oldpaganfreak
Avalon Senior Member

Thumbs up the salvation army and their work

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXchanger View Post
does salvation army; actually come in; and; just cart it away ???
yup, they will. furniture, clothing and stuff.
and, they will sell it to pay for their good works.
the sally ann is a christian organization that 'walks their talk'.
as a non christian, i don't often say things like this, but the salvation army is
an organization that does more work for the poor in inner city areas than
any other, govenment, church or ngo. they are the only group that i gladly donate to .
oldpaganfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 08:12 PM   #11
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

If there is a Gospel Mission Charity shop in your area, they will also come and pick up furniture & sell it cheap in their store.

Big Brother & Big Sisters will also come & pick up stuff.

I have heard that the charity shops are becoming real picky about what they will take now.............so you might want to ask them in advance of them coming to your home for pick-up.
waitinginthewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 01:39 AM   #12
piers2210
Avalon Senior Member

Egg, did you really do that?

Apart from me, you must be the first person i know who has "really let things go"...most people value possessions too much.

I was once asked, what would i take if i was leaving, and wouldn't be coming back?

The answer? my passport...
piers2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 01:45 AM   #13
Northern Boy
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tone3jaguar View Post
1 year ago I started looking around at my life style. I was living in an apartment that had rent of 1200.00 / month, not abnormal for S.E. Fl. I had the apartment filled with accumulated belongings that I rarely even looked at or used.

I decided that if I was holding on to something for non-practical, emotional, or sentimental, reasons that it was holding my vibration down to the vibration of the past. Using this kind of logic, I saw that there was not choice but to unload almost all of my material things in order to allow my vibration to rise to its maximum and stay on track with the planets raising vibration.

So, once a week I would make a huge pile of stuff, load it up in the car, and go drop it off at a donation center. The weird thing was that every time I got rid of a load, I could feel my vibration go up. It was like I was lighter. The Fung Shui of the apartment improved every time I did it. My mind became less cluttered with every load.

Then my lease was coming up. I called the Salvation Army and they sent out a truck. I gave away everything accept for my clothes, office supplies, and my computer. I then found a room to rent. The anticipation of going through with this is hard. Actually doing it is energizing and easy.
Did u hang onto the golf clubs ?
Northern Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 01:55 AM   #14
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Sold all my toys like jet skies, motorcycle, fast cars, through a local magazine called
Auto Trader ,Cycle Trader, and Boat Trader. Gave away all the rest like tv, satellite dish, and most furniture to friends. Still have a nice pool table if anyone is interested, LOL, otherwise if I can't sell that then it stays with the house, which I'm giving back to the mortgage company because I can't sell it, nothing's selling around here.

And I do feel a lot better and free now that everything is gone and I'm on my way back to the simple life!
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 02:14 AM   #15
tone3jaguar
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Boy View Post
Did u hang onto the golf clubs ?
Those where not in the apartment, they stay in the trunk of the car.
Old 04-19-2009, 02:25 AM   #16
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

-
Quote:
Originally Posted by tone3jaguar View Post
Those where not in the apartment, they stay in the trunk of the car.
yeah, golf clubs can also be used as dowsing rods !!!

are they pings ???

Last edited by THE eXchanger; 12-29-2009 at 11:47 PM.
Old 04-19-2009, 02:28 AM   #17
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

- i wrote some very funny copy !!!
for my ad --it's just NOT quite finished yet,
but, it is quite funny -- i've been busy doing other "good stuff" forgive me

Last edited by THE eXchanger; 12-29-2009 at 11:46 PM.
Old 04-19-2009, 02:51 PM   #18
tone3jaguar
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by eXchanger View Post
yeah, golf clubs can also be used as dowsing rods !!!

are they pings ???
The funny thing is that they actually can. You can turn your entire body into a giant dowsing pendulum if you allow gravity power the swing. No they are not pings, they are Hogan Apex.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:46 PM   #19
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

QUOTE=tone3jaguar;130469]The funny thing is that they actually can. You can turn your entire body into a giant dowsing pendulum if you allow gravity power the swing. No they are not pings, they are Hogan Apex.[/QUOTE]

power pongs
and, hogan apex's
yikes--i'll bet if you ran an ad
it would say

almost everything FORE SALE

Last edited by THE eXchanger; 12-29-2009 at 11:46 PM.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:50 PM   #20
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantheman62 View Post
Sold all my toys like jet skies, motorcycle, fast cars, through a local magazine called
Auto Trader ,Cycle Trader, and Boat Trader. Gave away all the rest like tv, satellite dish, and most furniture to friends. Still have a nice pool table if anyone is interested, LOL, otherwise if I can't sell that then it stays with the house, which I'm giving back to the mortgage company because I can't sell it, nothing's selling around here.

And I do feel a lot better and free now that everything is gone and I'm on my way back to the simple life!
How simple Dan, did you get your life ???
Old 12-30-2009, 12:01 AM   #21
dagon
Avalon Senior Member

in the process of it now for about a year. its a tough place to be. while everybody is just looking to gain. and your looking to step out. and most all my friends are cutting throats trying to survive. and blowing me off for believing what i believe. our system no longer is serving us as a whole. the hardest is to get motivated and find another way to survive. food and shelter. require the system pretty much. I find myself selling my possessions and looking at the homeless for tips on survival. maybe stand with the mexican group and look for cash jobs, im not really sure. but im looking as to how to complementary step out. and information on such things are welcome.
dagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 12:21 AM   #22
Ammit
Avalon Senior Member

This is something I often consider, even to the extent of working out an entire plan to find any pitfalls.

My concern is my family, was 5 of us, eldest daughter left home so now 4 and my eldest son is only months away from being able to.

This is where my problem comes in, my wife, a creature of all comforts would not do it, my youngest son of 8 years , would as long as I found a power point for the wii and xbox, lmao. Those were his words.

I have often thought it may be easier to sell up and buy a piece of land , go back to nature and build a large cabin. I have almost finished my second power source, so mains would not be a problem, could fit a solid fuel stove, keep a few animals, grow a few crops, bit of trade here and a few cash jobs there.........

Lots of plans and ideas, just need the balls to do it.
Ammit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 01:10 AM   #23
lindabaker
Avalon Senior Member

I sold two homes and now live in one, half the size of either one. I gave away several truckloads of accumulated possessions. (I had an ex who was compelled to shop every single day.) I then gave away several truckloads of really good stuff. I moved to the woods in a community of preservationists, although it is a resort type place. The move was away from a huge city and into a rural area. Trouble is, if you start giving stuff away, it seems to come back in different forms: actual money, gifts, give-aways. It's like Whack-A-Mole: the more you whack it down, the more stuff shows up! Is there a law of reciprocity working here?
lindabaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:29 AM   #24
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Hi THE eXchanger,

For me it was when the realization that material things are not important set in.

I was around 20 years old when I started "feathering the nest". I had a well paid job, a nice rented apartment (flat for the Brits), I collected Morris Minor motor cars - well three of them - when I lived in the Midlands in the UK.

One day I looked around me when the apartment was fully furnished and I thought to myself, "What now? Why have I done this? What's the point?" I came to the conclusion that there was no point, that we go through life missing out on important things whilst our heads are down as we try to scrape and scratch to get those things that a shallow society deems important, like flat screen TVs, a new car every year, a 'nice' home (with plastic covers on the couch!). I decided that I didn't want to miss out on anything else so I simply took two weeks holiday from work, closed the door behind me and took the ferry to France and hitch hiked to Spain. I went back to the UK six months later, lived on a boat and worked for a computer company in the Southeast, but after 8 months my yearning took me away again. Now I was 22 years old and off I went back to Barcelona, Paris, Switzerland, Brazil and the rest is history.

Living 'on the road' is not all that hard to do. As Linda Baker said that the law of reciprocity is always in play, I beleive that it is and ever since I've been away from the UK I've, of course met bad people, but on the whole I met a lot of very, very nice people who I believe supported me because I was living a lifestyle that they wished that they could do but didn't have the courage (after all, what would the neighbours think?).

I think the difficult part is making the decision and acting in the first instance. The rest falls into place as you go along. You are free to do what you want, when you want, how you want, but not always where you want I found out!

It's like I've been on holiday for the last 26 years!

Best regards,

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE eXchanger View Post
escaping ?
selling ?
letting go of everything ?

This is something, a lot of us here, have likely done

or, are, likely soon to do

SO...here are some questions

HOW DID YOU DO IT ???

HOW LONG DID IT TAKE YOU ???

WHAT DID YOU KEEP,
that, you wish you had NOT keep ???

WHAT DID YOU SELL,
that, you wish you had NOT sold ???

any ideas, for funny/or interesting ads that work ???

any suggestions, that, save time, and, make it easier ???

is it better, to free-cycle lot of it -- and, just give it away ???
+ xxx
Steve_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:41 AM   #25
TheChosen
Avalon Senior Member

Through the years I've moved a lot and always totally hated packing everything, re-packing, getting transport etc etc.

I've always tried to cut back on items I had with me but there was a always a good deal of them that were trinkets from the past that I didn't want to throw away. Unusable stuff that were only for decorational purpose.

Last year I moved all of my non-essential stuff to my house in my village where I haven't lived for 12 years. 4 Months ago as I was about to move again .. at first I wanted to take my car with me as well.. but then I thought about it and realised that all the stuff I need can be fit in one big suitcase and that I don't really need a car in the place I am moving to.

I just left everything behind in my house and moved away with just one suitcase full of things I actually use often. (and a bag containing my laptop). Everything and anything that did not have a practical use I just left at home.

Also whenever I get new items I try to get the ones that are multifunctional and can substitute other items with similar function. For example I did not even take my webcam with me as I didn't use it often ... but soon enough I fugured a way how to install some software that lets me use my cellphone as a webcam! I can also use it as an mp3 player.

I feel completely light and flexible being down to one suitcase (though it is a BIG suitcase lol). I can pack in 2 hours and get on the road with nothing else but public transport... and the best thing is that my quality of life has not suffered at all.. I still get everything I need.
TheChosen is offline   Reply With Quote