Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Global Ground Crew Networking > United States

Notices

Old 10-14-2008, 09:54 PM   #1
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

Default San Diego County

I'd like to get an idea how many people in my area - say from San Diego up into Riverside County but especially in a 20-mile-or-so radius from Escondido - are interested in forming the nucleus of a community if and when things really start to tank. I'm interested in talking about everything from food sustainability to economic paradigms to cottage industries to places to hide out. If you'd like to begin networking - in person, I mean - please PM me or drop a line here. At this point I'm not suggesting any kind of commitment from anybody, just a social point of contact. If things get bad some of us may want to meet up and hang together, and some may not. Either way we can benefit from face time.
whitecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 07:41 AM   #2
Vanlom
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: San Diego County

I've been thinking the same thing, where are all the people around the San Diego county area that are helping bring about this shift? for the most part i live in grossmont near the city college, and i too would like to meet up to talk survival strategies, resources, etc... gettin' ready. i havent posted much but i thought i would when the time is right. so yeah, i work in Scripps Ranch and i have friends all around, as east as Pine Valley/Campo (which is where im looking to relocate...talk about that stuff later)

anyways, ill check back here to see if anyone else from the SD area has found this message as well.

-Kris-
Vanlom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 04:41 AM   #3
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanlom View Post
I've been thinking the same thing...ill check back here to see if anyone else from the SD area has found this message as well.

-Kris-
Thanks, Kris. I am in Escondido...little bit o' distance there, but we oughtta be able to meet up somewhere. It's been a long time since I was familiar with Pine Valley and Campo. At one time I spent lots of time out east on the 94.

Stay in touch...I too will keep checking back. After an initial flurry of interest, most of our San Diego crew seem to have decided they'd rather not get involved. Hopefully some will reconsider.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:39 PM   #4
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

Well. One response in two weeks.

I've been banging this drum since I arrived at the Forum. Initially there was a flurry of interest from folks in the area, which has since dropped off to zero. I understand: life in southern California is both seductive and labor-intensive.

However, world events will sweep over us whether or not our tan is perfect. I'm gonna keep this thread open and keep the call out for those who are awake enough to see the need for a network.

I know it can be done because I am part of a group that existed before Avalon. We are up to about twenty folks now, covering ages from 17 to 61. I've encouraged these folks to join Avalon and several have, but they tell me the Forum is a waste of time - all talkers and no doers. This is a face-to-face group, not connected by the Internet. It is NOT a circle of buddies; although many of us are close friends I barely know some of the others. We are focused on education and action in the here and now...real preparations, not just empty talk.

The opportunity for those in North County is there...you just have to decide to stand up and do something.

What I'd like to see at the time is a social connection. I've proposed some hiking events simply because that's something I enjoy...there are many things we could do together. We should be aware of who in our area thinks along these lines..
Old 10-27-2008, 07:32 PM   #5
Skillet
Avalon Senior Member

Sorry I did not get back to you a couple of weeks ago, but I went to check out southern Idaho, for a possible safe location. I would like to take that hike with you, whenever your schedule will allow it. In the meantime getting together as a group ASAP will be fine with me. I just found this post a few minutes ago, and responded as soon as I found it.

Skillet
Skillet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 01:16 AM   #6
sarajane

Hi,

I'm in Temecula and travel to San Diego weekly. i'm interested in meeting folks or doing a hike, if I have advance notice. I'm also concerned about the situations ahead.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:47 PM   #7
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

Hi, Skillet & Sarajane!

I'd love to get together with both of ya! As for hiking, I'd hoped to lead a small group yesterday but had to call it off. I have this upcoming weekend off for a change, maybe we could get something going then?

What I've been hoping - if I can get a response from enough people - is to put together a real meeting sometime in November. This would be just a social thing for now, maybe at a restaurant or a park, where we could get to know each other a little. There's a fellow up in Fallbrook that'd probably show up. There was a gal in Vista who dropped by the store one day but disappeared abruptly, so I dunno what's up with her. But with even 4-6 people I think we could cover a range of abilities and resources...or maybe just have a good time.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:47 PM   #8
Rocky_Shorz
Avalon Senior Member

Hey whitecrow, should we try to put together a group here in San Diego on 11/9 to go to this?

Quote:
Thank you to everyone that responded to our request for input!

Zeitgeist Addendum came in first, Zero was a very close second, and Fabled Enemies was a not too distant third. Zeitgeist Addendum will be shown November 9th! Look for future screenings of the other two films in our upcoming announcements.

Let’s use the screening of this provocative film, Zeitgeist Addendum, as the foundation for a lively and practical community conversation about positive economic action we can take locally.

Rather than show this film in its entirety, we will show Parts 1 and 2 - Fractional Reserve Banking and Economic Hitman John Perkins. After the film, the condition of our economic circumstances will be further revealed through a lecture on Disaster Capitalism. Jeeni Criscenzo has generously offered to share with us a presentation she has created based on the book The Shock Doctrine by Naomi Klein.

With the problem clearly defined; we will be ready for our conversation.

We hope to see you there!!

The best way to stay oriented, to resist shock, is to know what’s happening to you and why -- Naomi Klein

[Note: we left many of you with the impression that Zero was a Russian film. In fact Zero is an Italian film that was recently shown on Prime Time television in Russian; it was also broadcast on Croatian National TV.]

Sunday

November 9th, 2008

6:30 pm

FILM SCREENING

Zeitgeist Addendum

Parts 1 & 2

Fractional Reserve Banking

Economic Hitman John Perkins

PRESENTATION

based on the book by Naomi Klein

The Shock Doctrine

Presentation by Jeeni Criscenzo

Peace Activist and former Congressional Candidate CA-49

Every American MUST know how Disaster Capitalism has been perpetuated throughout the world and now on US!

GROUP DISCUSSION

Discussion to be led by

Mike Copass former Congressional Candidate CA-53

and Rob Leslie of Freedom Force International

This is certain to be a thought-provoking evening!

Joyce Beers Center
3900 Vermont St.

San Diego, CA 92103

On Vermont St., one block north of University Ave

Ralph's/Trader Joe’s Shopping Center

right next to Aladdin's Mediterranean Café

For more information

http://www.meetup.com/San-Diego-Trut...endar/9057185/

or call

Rocky_Shorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 12:21 AM   #9
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Shorz View Post
Hey whitecrow, should we try to put together a group here in San Diego on 11/9 to go to this?
Dang, I'll be working. If you go, I'd love to hear about it!
Old 11-05-2008, 06:56 AM   #10
Vanlom
Avalon Senior Member

that sounds like fun and id really like to go to the movie/ discussion of the zeitgeist addendum. id also like to get together with local so' cal people and talk around the campfire so to speak..

regarding the discussion: id like to argue that the most important part about the zeitgeist addendum is the fact that people today have no idea as to the state of technology as it exists right now (think Nikola Tesla, Ralph Ring, Otis t Carr, Joseph Newman...) and that once more and more people discover these new technologies it will lessen the grasp the elite have over everyone. think about it, if Nikola Tesla was allowed to sell his lightning rods would energy be thought of as "scarce" today? i think not
Old 11-06-2008, 03:59 PM   #11
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
id really like to go to the movie/ discussion of the zeitgeist addendum. id also like to get together with local so' cal people and talk around the campfire so to speak..
I'm in Escondido & I work in Vista. Folks are always welcome round my campfire. The only problem with that is that I rarely have weekends off. This week my days off are Tuesday and Saturday...and that will change next week. I hike every chance I get, either at Daley Ranch or around Lake Hodges or such, and I welcome companionship. I enjoy taking groups to Daley Ranch and the surrounding area, and pointing out the many standing stones that form a huge complex in North County. Feel free to PM me anytime you'd like to get together!

I also have not lost hope that we can form an actual Ground Crew in the area. I already meet with one group of folks in Vista who are pretty dedicated to sustainability and new paradigms. If some folks here decide they'd like to be part of such a group - meeting face-to-face instead of in cyberspace - I hope to be part of that.

Last edited by whitecrow; 11-06-2008 at 04:02 PM.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:23 PM   #12
Vanlom
Avalon Senior Member

man i live adjacent to Cowels Mountain, we should definetly hike up that thing sometime.

maybe we should plan a date we all converge and spill our guts? my house is totally open anytime, we just need to plan it out in advance. what you think?
Old 11-07-2008, 03:31 AM   #13
Forty-two
Avalon Senior Member

Hi I live in Escondido too. Sustainability is right on.
Would like to meet like minded folks locally - I feel there are probably lots of us around.
Forty-two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 07:02 AM   #14
Vanlom
Avalon Senior Member

absolutly, i think im going to head to the Addendum showing on the 9th if anyone else is interested. ill be sporting my bright red " I support Ron Paul" T-shirt on with a big smile. From there i think we can pretty much organize another meetup where we have more san diegans that want to manifest the san diego ground crew. any takers?
Old 11-07-2008, 07:16 AM   #15
Vanlom
Avalon Senior Member

Talking Re: San Diego County

just found this group on Avalon who have already started meetups so lets join em!

http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/group.php?groupid=4

c u there
Old 11-07-2008, 03:54 PM   #16
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forty-two View Post
Hi I live in Escondido too. Sustainability is right on.
Would like to meet like minded folks locally - I feel there are probably lots of us around.
Great! Let's turn North County into an impregnable radiant zone.

Quote:
man i live adjacent to Cowels Mountain, we should definetly hike up that thing sometime.

maybe we should plan a date we all converge and spill our guts? my house is totally open anytime, we just need to plan it out in advance. what you think?
I'm definitely up for that! The last time I hiked Cowles Mtn. was in the 70s. In the days before mountain bikes, we would rebuild a Schwinn paperboy bike with handbrakes and gears - that area out Mission Gorge was a place you could shoot guns, ride, and explore. Santee was tiny and all those neighborhoods around Patrick Henry HS weren't built yet.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:54 PM   #17
Vanlom
Avalon Senior Member

Talking Re: San Diego County

Hike on Tuesday????????? nov, 11?
Old 11-11-2008, 12:20 PM   #18
Kimmie
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Ya'll this is Kimmie from Southwest Florida!!

I sure do wish I was there to Hike with Ya'll today...instead I'll be in the garden, and making Orgonite pieces!!

My Dad lived in San Diego for many years. Both on-duty and as a civi-afterwards. It's such a beautiful area....consider yourselves Blessed!!

Today as you hike, I'd like to give you each this thought. After reading all three of George Green's bookes about what a "Ground Crew" is...and Where a "Safe Place" is. I find the answers to be this:

A GROUND CREW IS any group no-matter it's size-that work together for the highest good for all involved"
and a Safe Place will be: WHERE EVER THE ABOVE DEFINED GROUND CREW
GATHER!!

We all have within ourselves the soul and energy to create a "safe place" around ourselves and large enough to protect those around us. Yet in our "human-ism" we feel that there must be more than just ourselves to be strong or effectivly powerful.

[COLOR="Lime"]IF ANY ONE OF YOU GOES OUT FOR THE HIKE AND FIND YOURSELF TO BE THE ONLY ONE WHO SHOWED UP...PLEASE "SMILE"...BEND SLIGHTLY AT THE WAIST...TAKE MY HAND AND SAY, " GOOD TO MEET YOU kIMMIE[, LET'S TAKE A WALK".

/COLOR]

I'm sending you warm wishes and a Key Lime pie made with fresh grown Floridaaaa Key Limes!!!

Take lots of Pics!!
Kimmie
Kimmie is offline   Reply With Quote