Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Economy and Currency

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-13-2008, 06:49 PM   #11
ctophil
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Oct6th - Dow jones -500 / -4.60% level 9865.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_A View Post
Hi ctophil,

This rise in the DOW and other main bourses is because the goerments hae just injected trillions of dollars to prop up failing banks and banking system, so for the short term there will naturally be a short term rise in the markets, as, in the short term, the banks situation is 'solved'. Everything that was lost over the last couple of weeks could make someone an awful lot of money, over the short period.

I posted in another thread what I thought about the possible repercussions of nationalizing banks: http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=5195

Sorry to hear about your company.

Best regards,

Steve
Thanks, Steve for the heads up. What's really weird is that all these billions or trillions that the gov't keep printing up are not making the dollar lose much value. In fact, other currencies are falling quicker than the dollar, such as the Aussie and Canadian dollars. Are they trying to prop up the American dollar long enough to buy up all the banks and then crash it? I do expect the markets to fall again once investors find out that this injection of cash is killing the economy into hyperinflation.

-Phillip
ctophil is offline   Reply With Quote