Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Economy and Currency

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2008, 03:07 PM   #1
LOCOAZ2008
Avalon Senior Member
 
LOCOAZ2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: TUMBES, PERÚ
Posts: 77
Exclamation Oct6th - Dow jones -500 / -4.60% level 9865.00

HERE WE GO!!!!

http://money.cnn.com/data/markets/

COLAPSE WILL BE TOMOROW???
LOCOAZ2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 03:10 PM   #2
Xhaosis
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 144
Default Re: Dow jones -500 / -4.60% level 9865.00

yes but the dollar is still holding his ground.


no panic yet.
Xhaosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 03:11 PM   #3
Big A
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: new jersey
Posts: 18
Exclamation Re: Dow jones -500 / -4.60% level 9865.00

the dow doesnt have any support till 7000, so we are going to see a free fall to 7k and prob blast right threw that
Big A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 03:12 PM   #4
ATYT
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 65
Default Re: Dow jones -500 / -4.60% level 9865.00

up to right now, we are down -800 points since Oct 1st.
ATYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 04:02 PM   #5
LiquidSwordz
Avalon Senior Member
 
LiquidSwordz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San diego, ca
Posts: 84
Default Re: Dow jones -500 / -4.60% level 9865.00

I would advise everyone here to buy up all your supplies, and pull out all your money. Bank holiday is coming, with possible martial law.
LiquidSwordz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 04:18 PM   #6
Orion Morris
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 416
Default Re: Dow jones -500 / -4.60% level 9865.00

I do not think that martial law is possible because of the sheer numbers of people in America. If a total collapse happens then we would still have to employ cops, national guard, army and others to enforce the martial law. These people would be our friends and family, I know alot of friends in the army and I know for a fact that they would not hold their country at gunpoint under any circumstance. The only real possiblity for martial law would be if we were invaded by a country with the man power to do such a thing. Possibly China, but I serously doubt that it could happen in a matter of days. It is going to take longer than that to end the world, or save it, which ever way you prefer to look at it.
Orion Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 04:26 PM   #7
LOCOAZ2008
Avalon Senior Member
 
LOCOAZ2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: TUMBES, PERÚ
Posts: 77
Exclamation Re: Dow jones -500 / -4.60% level 9865.00

So, based on my conversation with Landry, here's what I expect will happen in the next day or three:

The market will rally back over 10,000 today for a while.

Then a new decline will set in which might be greater than the initial 550 point drop, which might take us under the 9700 first target that Landry has.

After that, there are some minor Fibonacci numbers on the way (e.g. 9550, 8900) but the next 'floor' is something like 7,400 on the Dow and with any kind of push/event/panic we might see that tomorrow and hit a thousand or 2,000 point down day.

Next, we'd tee up an 'emergency' rate cut because the Fed might figure that will ju8mp start banks into loaning again...but...

Then there's the CDS repricing going on and only those in Heaven know how big a money pit that will generate.

Following that, a decline to the middle of November will be in the cards, depending on the size of unraveling events, that could be 7,400 after a short intermediate rally, or it could be (forbid) Dow under 5,000.

http://www.urbansurvival.com/week.htm
LOCOAZ2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 04:31 PM   #8
QueenOfLeon
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 122
Default Re: Dow jones -500 / -4.60% level 9865.00

Hasnt the US been depLOYING 1000'S OF UN troops ready for martial law? thats what I heard somewhere!
QueenOfLeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 04:33 PM   #9
Xhaosis
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 144
Default Re: Dow jones -500 / -4.60% level 9865.00

Not to create fear, but Marshal law is possible. As long as Leadership is strong, and their is a cause, and feeling you are doing the right thing it can occur. The crowd control weaponry http://www.armytimes.com/news/2008/0...eland_090708w/ this division is learning to use, uses sound waves for crowd control. What it does is make you feel very hot, does not hurt you, but it will well make you want to do other things instead. The headline is they are back home for our protection. I hope it remains that way. As far as a bank holiday, I have not lost that much confidence in our markets. I know how to hunt and fish, I can survive off the grid. I do not believe our government will be trying to hurt its citizens. just protect us. Its just interesting what their training for.
Xhaosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 04:37 PM   #10
kaedin32x
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 16
Default Re: Dow jones -500 / -4.60% level 9865.00

sure there are those people who wont turn the guns on the crowd but if they are bribed with food and safety i think its enough to change minds. thats what we gotta be looking out for. i mean just ask yourselves, would you mow the sheep down if you were promised survival and food?

personally i wouldnt because my area i live in is ripe for farming and whatnot, but for those in the cities.... i think it wont matter if you are friends or not it comes down to surviving
kaedin32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 04:39 PM   #11
LiquidSwordz
Avalon Senior Member
 
LiquidSwordz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San diego, ca
Posts: 84
Default Re: Dow jones -500 / -4.60% level 9865.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Morris View Post
I do not think that martial law is possible because of the sheer numbers of people in America. If a total collapse happens then we would still have to employ cops, national guard, army and others to enforce the martial law. These people would be our friends and family, I know alot of friends in the army and I know for a fact that they would not hold their country at gunpoint under any circumstance. The only real possiblity for martial law would be if we were invaded by a country with the man power to do such a thing. Possibly China, but I serously doubt that it could happen in a matter of days. It is going to take longer than that to end the world, or save it, which ever way you prefer to look at it.

Lol, your funny. Are you sure about that bro? In hurricane Katrina, soldiers were holding citizens at gunpoint with no problems. Soldiers were doing block sweeps to confiscate weapons from its own citizens! Martial law wont be declared UNTIL mass civil unrest comes in.

Imagine seeing this on the news. This just in, large number of people have been seen looting small, and big businesses all over the country in big citys. Fires spring over the citys. President Bush now has a very GOOD reason to declare martial law now.

How can your army brothers/sisters refuse to follow orders? When patrolling and arresting people in the streets keeps them in a good paying job!? Nobodys gonna be having a job when there employer has no credit to pay them!

You my friend are very INFORMED!
LiquidSwordz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 04:40 PM   #12
stefaan
Avalon Senior Member
 
stefaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Heaven
Posts: 186
Cool Re: Dow jones -500 / -4.60% level 9865.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Morris View Post
... These people would be our friends and family, I know alot of friends in the army and I know for a fact that they would not hold their country at gunpoint under any circumstance. ...
I read somewhere (maybe here somewhere at Avalon) that Patriot Act II makes it possible to employ cops, national guard, army... from one state in another state. There is also the private soldiers Blackwater alike, doing those things for "money", commercial reasons. When it is well organized, maybe it can work for a while?
stefaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 04:56 PM   #13
Xhaosis
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 144
Default Re: Dow jones -500 / -4.60% level 9865.00

what people should be concerned about but not alarmed, is if employers cannot pay the employee. Then you will SEE collapse. If these corps that are being traded on these imaginary $$ markets cannot rebound something like that has the slightest possibility of happening. Its just very ironic that the markets have come to this and NO one who is a ceo, or some college business grad with master's or something or in the government did not see this coming. Not a big conspiracy guru or anything but with the speed and magnitude of this market failure it does not make sense. So either they have a control on this thrill pill, and will play the pilot of the storm role, and not let it get to badly out of control. Or the people that are in these positions of leadership are more stupid then was presumed. Even if their was gain from sub prime corruption what good is that gain with a broken market? That takes that theory out of my mind. I dunno, their is not much ordinary people can do, except hope things get better and continue to take care of yourself and or your Family.

Last edited by Xhaosis; 10-06-2008 at 05:01 PM.
Xhaosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 05:03 PM   #14
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Spiritual eXplorer-Canada
Posts: 4,915
Default Re: Dow jones -500 / -4.60% level 9865.00

what percentage of people - invest in these markets ???

the top 20% of the population (must have 80% of the money in the market)

followed by the next 40% of the population,
who have money invested in bonds/pensions/and,
all that assortment of stuff
that most of us, under the age of 50--
are NEVER going to ever collect

from a "robinhood persceptive"

it's like the ultra rich raping the rich

how many of us, have our money in there anyway ???

so what, if all that falls apart

maybe, we would best be
making our toys at home (instead of importing them from china)
maybe, we would best be
buying produce, from local people
(instead of transporting it all over hells half acre,
keeping the oil/and, gas companies rich)
these guys, make billions of dollars of profit quarterly,
their customers do NOT, maybe,
we should all stay home, for 22 days,
and, NOT go to work, or, spend any money,
until they lower the prices !!!
(and, yet, so many things, we could do, we do NOT do)
we keep pumping and paying !!!
(sooner or later, the well runs dry)
when we do say, we have had enough
(do we really care, about the ultra rich, raping the rich)?

curious susan
the Exchanger
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 05:08 PM   #15
Big A
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: new jersey
Posts: 18
Default Re: Dow jones -500 / -4.60% level 9865.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xhaosis View Post
Not to create fear, but Marshal law is possible. As long as Leadership is strong, and their is a cause, and feeling you are doing the right thing it can occur. The crowd control weaponry http://www.armytimes.com/news/2008/0...eland_090708w/ this division is learning to use, uses sound waves for crowd control. What it does is make you feel very hot, does not hurt you, but it will well make you want to do other things instead. The headline is they are back home for our protection. I hope it remains that way. As far as a bank holiday, I have not lost that much confidence in our markets. I know how to hunt and fish, I can survive off the grid. I do not believe our government will be trying to hurt its citizens. just protect us. Its just interesting what their training for.
how could you say that the gov. will not try and hurt its citizens? tell that too all the fallen heroes on 9/11
Big A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 05:09 PM   #16
Xhaosis
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 144
Default Re: Dow jones -500 / -4.60% level 9865.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXchanger View Post
what percentage of people - invest in these markets ???

the top 20% of the population (must have 80% of the money in the market)

followed by the next 40% of the population,
who have money invested in bonds/pensions/and,
all that assortment of stuff
that most of us, under the age of 50--
are NEVER going to ever collect

from a "robinhood persceptive"

it's like the ultra rich raping the rich

how many of us, have our money in there anyway ???

so what, if all that falls apart

maybe, we would best be
making our toys at home (instead of importing them from china)
maybe, we would best be
buying produce, from local people
(instead of transporting it all over hells half acre,
keeping the oil/and, gas companies rich)
these guys, make billions of dollars of profit quarterly,
their customers do NOT, maybe,
we should all stay home, for 22 days,
and, NOT go to work, or, spend any money,
until they lower the prices !!!
(and, yet, so many things, we could do, we do NOT do)
we keep pumping and paying !!!
(sooner or later, the well runs dry)
when we do say, we have had enough
(do we really care, about the ultra rich, raping the rich)?

curious susan
the Exchanger

once again, calamity in the World market indicates change. The source of the problem then, as it appears willing or unwilling reacting to its own instinctive nature, showing that it is masses of consumption that has brought on this crisis, In order to fix any problem you have to find the source of that problem, then you must try to figure out how to fix it. So how do you fix it? The market measures the value, how is that value determined? How is it perceived? When that value is not met what is done? Its not believed in.

Last edited by Xhaosis; 10-06-2008 at 05:18 PM.
Xhaosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 05:14 PM   #17
wes_whitewolf
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Oregon, USA
Posts: 112
Lightbulb Re: Dow jones -500 / -4.60% level 9865.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXchanger View Post
what percentage of people - invest in these markets ???

the top 20% of the population (must have 80% of the money in the market)

followed by the next 40% of the population,
who have money invested in bonds/pensions/and,
all that assortment of stuff
that most of us, under the age of 50--
are NEVER going to ever collect

from a "robinhood persceptive"

it's like the ultra rich raping the rich

how many of us, have our money in there anyway ???

so what, if all that falls apart

maybe, we would best be
making our toys at home (instead of importing them from china)
maybe, we would best be
buying produce, from local people
(instead of transporting it all over hells half acre,
keeping the oil/and, gas companies rich)
these guys, make billions of dollars of profit quarterly,
their customers do NOT, maybe,
we should all stay home, for 22 days,
and, NOT go to work, or, spend any money,
until they lower the prices !!!
(and, yet, so many things, we could do, we do NOT do)
we keep pumping and paying !!!
(sooner or later, the well runs dry)
when we do say, we have had enough
(do we really care, about the ultra rich, raping the rich)?

curious susan
the Exchanger
I agree. Has everyone see the Zietgeist Movie Addendum yet? The take home message is that inorder to move away from the corrupt monitary system we are currently tied to, we will have to face big challenges (walk through fire) before things get better. So yes, this is all something we really need to go through. Question is, how many of you are going to take a stand on the other side of this coming s*t-storm and not allow these same criminals to come out of their underground fortresses to start the crap all over again. Unfortunately this country and most of the world for that matter are utterly ignorant...most people still don't see this coming. So unfortunately, its going to take some really difficult times ahead to shed this ignorance. Lets just do it and get it over with!!!!
wes_whitewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 05:15 PM   #18
THE PEACEFUL WARRIOR
Avalon Senior Member
 
THE PEACEFUL WARRIOR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 94
Exclamation Re: Dow jones -500 / -4.60% level 9865.00

Also of note, sorry don't have the figures to hand:

Earlier in the day...

Japanese Markets closed at a recored low, biggest drop for 4 years.

Hong Kong closed at record low, biggest single day drop for 4 years.

UK and FTSE closed at a record low, biggest drop for blah blah blah...

Also Asia is on Bank Holiday tommorw so cannot be effective players in the game when they press the button tommorow!

It's gonna be a financial Nuclear Bomb and it's gonna roll round the markets like a Tsunami...It's sure looking like it's gonna be the Muvva of all crashes!

Word Up - PEACE OUT
THE PEACEFUL WARRIOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 05:17 PM   #19
LOCOAZ2008
Avalon Senior Member
 
LOCOAZ2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: TUMBES, PERÚ
Posts: 77
Exclamation Re: Dow jones -500 / -4.60% level 9865.00

http://money.cnn.com/data/world_markets/index.html

LOOK UP TO WORLD MARKETS

Hong Kong HSCC Red Chip -242.80 -7.04% 3,207.93
Europe Euronext 100 -59.92 -8.56% 639.90
Germany TECDAX -76.73 -11.27% 604.17

AN SO!!!!

I THINK TOMOROW WILL SEE.....
LOCOAZ2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 05:17 PM   #20
Orion Morris
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 416
Default Re: Dow jones -500 / -4.60% level 9865.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSwordz View Post

You my friend are very INFORMED!
Thanks for the hack buddy. Glad to see your on the right track. I understand that if the streets turn to chaos we would see looting and things of that sort. I also understand that it would be a serious reason to call for martial law. But explain to me how we would controll an entire country. Not just New Orleans. I live in a town of 10,000 people, and I guerntee that almost every home in the county has anywhere from 5 to 50 different guns in the house. We could barely controll Iraq. These crazy hicks will not just let their guns be taken from them. It would errupt into civil war. Our army is not going to fight it self. Our government has done to good of a job brainwashing us into protecting our country and being patriotic. Yes, I could see them patrolling and maybe trying to contain people in the cities, but out in the country and in the mountain regions it would be nearly impossible. You would have to deploy an army with twice as many solders than we currently have. The only way to manually controll a nation this big would be to bring in troops from another country. I am not saying that it couldnt happen, I just think that it is highly unlikley right now.
Orion Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 05:17 PM   #21
Big A
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: new jersey
Posts: 18
Default Re: Dow jones -500 / -4.60% level 9865.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xhaosis View Post
what people should be concerned about but not alarmed, is if employers cannot pay the employee. Then you will SEE collapse. If these corps that are being traded on these imaginary $$ markets cannot rebound something like that has the slightest possibility of happening. Its just very ironic that the markets have come to this and NO one who is a ceo, or some college business grad with master's or something or in the government did not see this coming. Not a big conspiracy guru or anything but with the speed and magnitude of this market failure it does not make sense. So either they have a control on this thrill pill, and will play the pilot of the storm role, and not let it get to badly out of control. Or the people that are in these positions of leadership are more stupid then was presumed. Even if their was gain from sub prime corruption what good is that gain with a broken market? That takes that theory out of my mind. I dunno, their is not much ordinary people can do, except hope things get better and continue to take care of yourself and or your Family.

people in the gold market have been warning about this for years now. just listen to a gold radio show and you will find out whats really going on out there not what cnbc is telling you. Larry kudlow will still tell you we are in a goldylox economy ...lol. or ask some one in constuction we felt the pinch coming year and a half ago and it just now getting out there on TV
Big A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 05:58 PM   #22
gwk0788
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Exclamation Re: Dow jones -500 / -4.60% level 9865.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Morris View Post
I do not think that martial law is possible because of the sheer numbers of people in America. If a total collapse happens then we would still have to employ cops, national guard, army and others to enforce the martial law. These people would be our friends and family, I know alot of friends in the army and I know for a fact that they would not hold their country at gunpoint under any circumstance. The only real possiblity for martial law would be if we were invaded by a country with the man power to do such a thing. Possibly China, but I serously doubt that it could happen in a matter of days. It is going to take longer than that to end the world, or save it, which ever way you prefer to look at it.

If you don't think martial law is possible, look up NSPD 51 (National Security Presidential Directive 51). NSPD 51 basically states that when the President determines a national emergency has occurred, the President can declare to the office of the presidency powers usually assumed by dictators to direct any and all government and business activities until the emergency is declared over.

Ironically, the directive sees no contradiction in the assumption of dictatorial powers by the President with the goal of maintaining constitutional continuity through an emergency.

Now, do you think giving George W. Bush dictatorial authority over a "free" country won't cause a revolution, in turn sending us into martial law? Then you are seriously naive.

Not to mention the 3rd Infantry division will be carrying out homeland patrols in America to help with civil unrest and crowd control.

Still think martial law isn't possible?
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 06:23 PM   #23
ctophil
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: USA - Augusta, GA
Posts: 141
Default Re: Dow jones -500 / -4.60% level 9865.00

Hi folks,

Looks like the Dow is at -675 as I type this. It just took a hundred point decline in 20 minutes. It may boost past -1000 before the end of trading today. Be strong and fear nothing. The collapse will come very soon!

-Phillip
ctophil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 06:34 PM   #24
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Northeastern Brazil
Posts: 1,259
Default Re: Dow jones -500 / -4.60% level 9865.00

Hi Orion Morris,

Check out:

http://fear.videosift.com/video/Cong...-is-not-passed

Best regards,

Steve


Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Morris View Post
I do not think that martial law is possible....
Steve_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 06:36 PM   #25
Rocky_Shorz
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 1,098
Default Re: Dow jones -500 / -4.60% level 9865.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctophil View Post
Hi folks,

Looks like the Dow is at -675 as I type this. It just took a hundred point decline in 20 minutes. It may boost past -1000 before the end of trading today. Be strong and fear nothing. The collapse will come very soon!

-Phillip
Is anyone going to be surprised if the market ends down 777 again...
Rocky_Shorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Project Avalon