Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 12-14-2009, 06:57 AM   #1
Ruach
Retired Avalon Member

Default Turned off my TV, what a difference.

I haven't watched TV since June of this year and I feel like a new person! It's only been the last couple of months where I've noticed how much of an effect not watching TV has had on me. I do watch movies from time to time via my Bluray player but I do not have cable installed in my home.

I actually never intended to quit watching TV, it just so happened I bought a house and never got around to installing cable. I kept putting it off because I was going to get DirecTV. But, after some thought, I decided to go without it.

It's been one of the best decisions I've ever made. And recently, to confirm my suspicions, I began reading about the ability to control the mind via the TV set i.e. Mind Control. This is absolutely unbelievable. Without getting into a lengthy post, I believe one of the most powerful tools the NWO has is the TV set. There are millions of them and they are in nearly every room of every home in the US.

In short, the NWO not only wants to distract us and keep us all preoccupied with football, Survivor, American Idol, and the like, they want to control our thoughts and they have the ability to do it with the TVs in our homes. Check out the Sound of Silence here:

http://www.wariscrime.com/2008/12/15...nd-of-silence/

I find that I now can think more clearly since not watching TV. Subtle details in my daily life now stick out to me. I'm able to "connect the dots" easier with various issues and see how one thing relates to something else in an entirely new way. I don't have the desire to "consume," a huge tactic that the TV wants us all to do. TV has replaced God in our lives, this is wrong.

Bottom line, TV is all about distracting the public to get us so preoccupied with meaningless things that we become enslaved, controlled, and can easily be manipulated. TV isn't reality, it's make believe. Yet so many of us believe that TV is reality and we adapt our reality to it. Unfortunately, many of us don't know that living in a dream world has serious consequences.

We must fight back. Think for one minute. If every American or person (where ever you are from) refused to watch TV. Think of what would happen? Really, think about it, let it sink in. Think of ALL the implications not watching propaganda and no longer being mind controlled would have on the Elite. Think about how much power they would lose and how much power we would gain. Think about the millions of people who would finally begin to live their lives for the first time.

It is possible. Turn off your TV, and take back what they stole from you.
Ruach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 07:08 AM   #2
Phr0z3n
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Turned off my TV, what a difference.

So very true...I myself only watch certain channels anymore. Me and my girlfriend don't watch anything but the food network, the local news channel, and the occasional movie that may be on. The only time I find myself watching the other channels is to sit back and count everything I can find that like you said distracts us.

Welcome to the Avalon forums by the way!
Phr0z3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 08:37 AM   #3
Leunamros
Project Avalon Member

It´s sad that this dumbing down of the people has less than 100 years old. Humans back then (pre-tv) were much sober than us now.
Leunamros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 09:07 AM   #4
Spregovori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phr0z3n View Post
So very true...I myself only watch certain channels anymore. Me and my girlfriend don't watch anything but the food network, the local news channel, and the occasional movie that may be on. ......
There is a food network? Seriously?

I used to watch a lot of TV. From the age of abut 10 till 17 I used to watch 6 hours of TV on average every day...

The reason was mostly to get away from the real stuff around me.

Surprisingly most things I "know" today came from that time. During that time I absorbed the "mind of man". It is extremely difficult to describe this. I was told I used to take toys apart as an infant. I did not just look the TV with my brains on auto-mode, I went into the people on the screen, they way they behaved, the way they were dressed, the music that accompanied them, the words that were spoken and they way they were spoken....it became real....it was real...I felt it inside of me...I felt everything that was on the screen...and it was either very exciting, thrilling, enthusiastic and also at times it was utterly devastating. I was able to re-live everything inside of me and to me it was as real as the "real" world.

I saw "humanity" in its fullest.

As strange and confusing as this can sound - I learned a lot and still today when I "watch" a move...I see it differently in a ways hard to explain to someone that is just watching it.

I later realized the amount of time I put for this...and was horrified, so I stopped.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:12 AM   #5
Phr0z3n
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spregovori View Post
There is a food network? Seriously?
Yes. Seriously. We love to cook in my family and we will always watch a couple of the shows on their for ideas about cooking. While we are still trying to get a house to build our own sustainable food supply we look forward to the time when we can grow our own food.
Phr0z3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 09:50 AM   #6
crazycharlie
Avalon Senior Member

HIP HIP Hooray ! I love anybody who can live with out TEEVEE !
( I am am hooked on internet radio interviews-mp3 etc ,)
but *hit can we think for ourselves for a minute , Bravo , High Five
Gone Clear ,,, luv ya ...............
crazycharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 10:06 AM   #7
Stardustaquarion
Avalon Senior Member

I agree, TV just takes one's time and energy and makes us negative with so much violence.

I mostly watch DVD's now or some selected youtube channels

Cheers
Stardustaquarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 02:54 PM   #8
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycharlie View Post
HIP HIP Hooray ! I love anybody who can live with out TEEVEE !
( I am am hooked on internet radio interviews-mp3 etc ,)
but *hit can we think for ourselves for a minute , Bravo , High Five
Gone Clear ,,, luv ya ...............
No TV for a year and 4 months now...
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 03:18 PM   #9
Operator
Avalon Senior Member

Although I didn't watch TV that much anyway I live without one for year and a half now.

I also don't have a refrigerator (despite I am in the tropics), a washing machine and even a regular bed.

I am just living a simple life and enjoy it more than anything else previously. I get my daily vitamin D3 (abundance of sun) for free.
You cannot imagine this if you have a washing machine but I found out that washing my clothes by hand gives a lot of satisfaction.
You can pay extra attention to spots that need extra cleaning and when you dispose the water afterwards you get to see how dirty they were.
The feeling you cleaned up the mess yourself is a required experience for every human I would suggest.

I also have plans to get of the grid but unfortunately did not manifest that completely yet.
Living from the land is already in progress but not yet developed enough ...

If you have the chance you should try it ... it clears so many things from your mind !

Cheers
Operator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 04:54 PM   #10
Jnana
Avalon Senior Member

Welcome Ruach, excellent first post. More should do as you have done. We haven't had TV for ages. We do rent the occasional video, but that's it. When we are someplace that has TV, I don't so much watch as analyze. It changes from year to year. You notice if you haven't been watching. Less clothing. More raunchy behavior. More degrading situations. It's all downhill.
Jnana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:02 PM   #11
Mark
Avalon Senior Member

I throw my tellies out in January this year - so that's nearly a year now and there are no regrets at all. I feel like I've woken up from a long sleep. My concentration is better and I read much faster now. It's one of the best things that I've ever done. Also, I really do not like being in the same room as a telly anymore. Sometimes when I visit my parents I switch the telly on to just check the mainstream news and at the moment that the switch is thrown I get a headache and I fell very tired. It is as if my brain is feeling the signal from the telly in a way.

Do yourselves a favour - ditch the telly...
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:10 PM   #12
hobbit
Unsubscribed

Ruach,
Welcome.
"TV has replaced god in our lives"
How do You know that god wasn't simply the self same control force at work?
litterally a fairy story to keep the sheep in place, they even called us lambs.

I totally agree with you about the programmable TV, here in britain We have the BBC, the british brainwashing corperation, and We have to fund it, cheeky B*******.
The nazi's promoted the tv, they had ELF systems to manipulate the humans.
beware the music though, the self same nazi's are behind 440 htz, listen to 432, the music of universe.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xL3DN...eature=related
Who told You about god?, who made you repeat and repeat about god?
hobbit
hobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:35 PM   #13
Majorion
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruach View Post
Bottom line, TV is all about distracting the public to get us so preoccupied with meaningless things that we become enslaved, controlled, and can easily be manipulated. TV isn't reality, it's make believe. Yet so many of us believe that TV is reality and we adapt our reality to it. Unfortunately, many of us don't know that living in a dream world has serious consequences.
Your Bottom line is indeed the Bottom line.

Everyday I can see the effect Television has even on my loved ones, but you know, you can't get people off the tube, what with modern large screen HD TVs there is no way to make someone cut it for even one day. Trust me, there are times when I've tried my best.

Notice the huge increase in "REALITY SHOWS" over the past 5 years or so, also coinciding with the modern HD technology, all in effect driving ones mentality to be comparable with a projection of a fake version of "reality".

The number one tool to keep the masses asleep, influenced, brainwashed, weakened, and depressed, is TV. And number one through that would be MSM so called "news" channels, as if they are reporting anything of substance or any of them ever done some REAL journalism.

The MSM wouldn't be the great actors they are in this big game except because they too have been fed lies they believed without question. In essence, puppeteers controlled by puppeteers, and so on........................
Majorion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 06:02 PM   #14
Fredkc
Project Avalon Member

Wife and I turned off "TV" in 1987.
By that I mean, we stopped watching tv shows of any kind, back then. We've never seen a single episode of Friends, Seinfeld, etc. Never watched a "reality show" of any kind (Exactly what kind of reality is it that comes with a script?).

This left movies, and news. First of all, you have to remember it is a "News Show". It sells soap and hamburgers, just like any other show, or it's gone.

Second, a linear feed of selected stories (someone else does the selecting) is about the most useless means of trying to inform oneself there is. It took us awhile, but we eventually turned that off about 2002. The Internet, with some judicious filtering, can inform you much faster, and at much greater depth.

This left movies. The movie channels don't want to be movie channels anymore. Instead they have switched to producing the same cr@p sitcoms, etc that the old TV stations abandoned for "reality". Of course they are all "Award winning, inciteful, original, and hard hitting". Translation: They use the F-word, and show the occasional pair of boobs.

To the point that, last month, Showtime had exactly 22 movies avail "On Demand". Pathetic! Hell, I have some 27 DVR'd. Means I could offer someone a greater variety than Showtime.

So at this point, we are thinking about cancelling HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, and The Movie Channel, and instead using the money for a Netflix subscription. We could get 100 times the variety, and still watch each movie 100 times, to replace the movie channel's monthly behavior if we wished.

One thing that is funny to watch on "news forums" is the endless left/right debate about which news outlet is putting out the REAL truth. It always reminds me of a Fred Reed quote:
"These people wouldn't have a clue, even if you gave them another one."
"The News" is corporate owned, liberal written (last poll, over 72% of respondents among news writers and readers were from the left). What this represents is a two-stage filter that guarantees nothing of value gets through. Just turn it off.

This does present a problem. I have basically replaced my TV time with reading. I probably read 6+ hours every day. The problem? After a few years you'll find that you end up with almost nothing in common with most people you run across. Education sounds a noble cause, but most lack the attention span, or inclination.

Maybe I'm just getting old in my grumpy age. Who knows?

Fred

Evil cannot be killed. Only redeemed.

Chat us up at: Avalon Chat
Fredkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 06:14 PM   #15
Operator
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredkc View Post
One thing that is funny to watch on "news forums" is the endless left/right debate about which news outlet is putting out the REAL truth.
IMHO there is only one good reason to follow some MSM ...
Find out behind the scenes what's going and then compare it with the skewed and distorted presentation in the MSM.

Often it will give you good insight about the agenda going on
Operator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 06:28 PM   #16
Fredkc
Project Avalon Member

Yeah, Operator, I do strive for "balance". It has produced some interesting results.

Example 1:
During the 2000 Presidential campaign, I checked in on NPR. The "reporter" kept referring to the two sides in the election as:
"The Bush Campaign" and
"Our Side".

Example 2:
During a lull between stories, on FAUX Gnus, "Barbie & Ken" were sitting at their desk, engaging in the usual "light banter" used to fill the odd moments.

It was one of those exchanges that usually begins with something like, "Say Barbie, have you noticed lately that..." after which there is a, "Well, here is what I think..." response.

T'was then that I had one of those "Holy @&^#!!" moments. Their eyes are going back and forth, back and forth. They are reading this! FAUX/Murdoch even has their conversations between themselves, "what they think", scripted!

So, regardless what your political convictions are, if you think there is some "Crusader for Truth" out there, bursting at the seams to "tell it like it is"... Fugetaboutit!

Old 12-14-2009, 06:33 PM   #17
Majorion
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operator View Post
IMHO there is only one good reason to follow some MSM ...
Find out behind the scenes what's going and then compare it with the skewed and distorted presentation in the MSM.

Often it will give you good insight about the agenda going on
Exactly. And that is precisely the reason I tune in on MSM from time to time also. Reversing the disinformation.

There is not one news channel in the whole world, that I find credible or trustworthy. Right, left, "center". All the same garbage to me.

Merry Christmas to all
Majorion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 06:43 PM   #18
Swanny
I dont need a label !

The only reason I have a tele is to watch F1 and top gear.
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 06:50 PM   #19
Fredkc
Project Avalon Member

A friend and I get together every two weeks during F-1 season. We have not missed a race in over 15 years!

Whadya think of this year's "Silly Season"?
So many amazing things happened, so far....

Incredible what happened to Button: "Gee thanks for the Championship... now hit the road!"

Think Michael will come back?

Fred

Old 12-14-2009, 07:08 PM   #20
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Last race I missed was Hungry 94 I think but I did manage to see it later.
I don't think MS will come back but it would be good to see him beaten by Lewis.
IMO Button lucked into his championship this year, he didn't win it his diffuser did
Next year is going to be interesting with so many new teams and the no refuelling.

What do you think??
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 08:37 PM   #21
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

I have not watched TV in over 2yrs now.....don't miss it either. But something I've noticed here in North America is; people will ask you over for dinner or to a party & they have the full big screen tv blaring in the background with images flashing from one screen shot to the next. This is very strange to me, why leave the tv on when you are people over & you are supposed to be socializing with each other. The tv is so distracting with its noise and flashing images.....I personally find that this is a rude behaviour.
waitinginthewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 08:42 PM   #22
Ruach
Retired Avalon Member

It's so great to read other peoples' stories on how they gave up TV. Isn't it liberating? I love it. I encourage others to at least try it out for a while and see for yourselves what it's like.

I was just thinking about technology in general and how so often a particular gadget is invented with a sincere and legitimate purpose to make our lives better. But, what happens much of the time, in my opinion, is that these gadgets end up being used for evil (yes, evil) purposes. These gadgets and devices seem to control us and enslave us to them. We become addicted to them and they become our new Master. But this is like any addiction really. Technology, one could say, is the new drug of the 21st century.

It is really hard for humanity to be disciplined, to exercise restraint and self control when it comes to these things. Technology, like so many other things, isn't inherently evil and can be used in a wholesome and productive manner. However, it has been exploited, like so many other things, to get us to consume more stuff, it portrays a distorted view of reality that we then become desperate to try and adapt ourselves in every to, mentally, spiritually, and physically.

But on a positive note. We have the power to turn it off (at least for now), we have the power to put our Blackberry's down and spend time with our families, we have the power to exercise self control however hard it may be, and not allow TV or technology to consume us. We have the power to decided what WE do with it, they do not.

So goes the saying, life is 90% what happens to you and 10% how you react to it.
Ruach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 08:47 PM   #23
Fredkc
Project Avalon Member

Waiting;
It is an inbred fear. The fear that something "important" will go by, and you'll miss it.
(No, don't ask me to explain it, I just make the observation)

Swanny;
The "hot rumor" this weekend was that Michael was back doing neck exercises with a mad passion.
But then the rest of it was talk of him driving for Braun. Now this makes snese since the MS/Braun successful history and all. It also resonates with the other rumor that Braun/Mercedez really wants German drivers, hence the boot for Button. Who knows...
Wouldn't surprise me to see MS in a Braun/Mercedez car tho.

Ppl keep bringing up his age, but in fact he is years younger than Barricella, so definitely not over the hill.

I never tired of watching him race, myself. While everyone else seemed to be all "white knuckles and wide eyes", Michael was always out there calmly thinking 5-10 laps ahead of everyone else.

your mileage may vary...

Fred

Old 12-14-2009, 08:55 PM   #24
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

First they rolled out "materialism" to enslave us, & keep us chained to the buy, buy, buy mentality. It was not entirely effective, we still were not happy with our new fancy car, speed boat, big home etc. It did not fill the void within us, we needed something more, & they saw this, so they rolled out the technology gadgets to satisfy that hunger for something more. The technology seemed to be even more dangerous to us, because now we are enslaved by this also, & plus it is harmful to our bodies, thereby successfully keeping us zoned out all the time. Again this satisfies us for a period of time, & the more awake ones try to steer clear of these toys which allows them the freedom of mind to pursue the mysteries of our lives.

They may have enslaved us for the moment, but we are strong despite it, they severely underestimated the human spirit to rise up and become whole again.
waitinginthewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 08:55 PM   #25
Shadowstalker
Avalon Senior Member

I only watch docus and such I never really got into the news as I know its just garbage anyway. Since i turned off the idiot box, I have been able to focus more on me and my family, and even tho' they are teens the don't seem to mind not having it on, to which i find awesome, And what i find even more fascinating is that is i have made no rule about when or what to watch and they still rarely ever turn on the box, save for the x-mas specials..
Shadowstalker is offline   Reply With Quote