Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Future Talk > Visions of the Future

Notices

Visions of the Future Visions of the future, What are you seeing? Thoughts, Dreams, Intuition....

Old 09-10-2008, 03:43 PM   #1
Belisane

Default Out the Gate with Earth Changes

Hello from Louisiana! Just got my electricity back last night from Hurricane Gustav's pass (8 days "off the grid"). I also went through Katrina, so I feel that I am a bit "out of the gate" with the earth changes.

Very simple and brief insights:

1. First of all, the typical human response is NOT fight or flight. I have found that it is Flight, Fight, or Freeze. Freeze, actually being the more predominant reaction. This is important to realize and understand when breakdowns do occur. Many people will simply seem to fold up and won't fight or gallop away. They will just "buzz out," temporarily leave their bodies, or experience temporary amnesia.

The best way to ground people is, if appropriate, make some sort of physical contact. Hold their hand, give them a hug, pat them on the back, etc. It is very helpful to learn to LISTEN to people when they are in the midst of trauma. Sometimes people just need to talk out their experiences, in order to make sense of them. It is enormously helpful to be a good ear. Talking/listening is a healing processs in and of itself.

2. Hurricane Gustav was so much easier to deal with than Katrina -- I think because Katrina was my initiatory experience. I had no gas, water, electricity, or phone for a couple of months. On a very practical level, I found exercising diplomacy with my neighbors was ESSENTIAL to getting through these times. In both instances, my neighbors were fundamentalist religious types with divisive ideas about cultures different from their own. But I found that they really wanted to live their Bible teachings. I only mention this because, in times of crisis, no matter the belief of the people who live near you, we are all people with the same basic needs.

Ideally, of course, you want to be surrounded with like-minded people, but I STRONGLY encourage you to consider that you may need to co-exist with others who are very different from yourselves, if only temporarily. Expand upon your diplomacy skills and avoid becoming self-righteous. Obviously, you are much more in the know than the average Joe if you have joined this group, but that doesn't mean you cannot learn from others who are still in a “sleep state."

3. Humility, flexibility, and tolerance are important tools to carry around with you during these times. Of course, it is important to amass practically-minded skilled folks, but remember that being too idealistic can blind you to solutions that may come from surprising/unpredictable sources.

I have much more to say about this, especially as Gustav is still fresh and we are not sure if we are going to get another hit in a few days from Hurricane Ike. I'll just say that being high-minded and emanating your strength and determination will go a long way. I held my tongue quite a bit this past week, but my conservative neighbors and I have much more respect for one another.

I personally am glad to be having these experiences, because I no longer live in the world of theory; I know how important it is to stay calm, cultivate stillness, be grounded, and live simply in these times of chaos. Of course, I think these hurricane experiences are small potatoes compared to what is ahead. But, I feel better honed now than I did five years ago. Actually, I think I could have gone another couple of weeks without electricity, because I thought ahead (without electricity, I also have no water). Humans are very adaptable. We are very good at re-directing and taking the straightforward route. Trust in your innate abilities. Your ancestors lived without electricity and frozen dinners. They are you. You might be surprised at how much you know on a gut level when faced with an electronically compromised environment.

Well, just to end by saying that Nature is very aware of our process and tuning into Her (like placing both of your hands flat on the ground and send/receive energy) is FIRST PRIORITY to thriving in the coming times. Have fun and intend to really get to know yourself better and better. You know you signed up for this before you even came down.
Old 09-10-2008, 03:55 PM   #2
rustanddust
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Out the Gate with Earth Changes

extremely wise words, thank you for sharing your experience with the forum its something everyone will have to encounter in the future.
rustanddust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 04:32 AM   #3
SynchrOMicity
Avalon Senior Member

Location: S.KY Foothills of the smokey's on a big lake,110 miles from any major city in a vortex
Thumbs up Re: Out the Gate with Earth Changes

My dear friend i sure hope many read your words! i often say when it hits in your yard you will understand. Wisdom comes from experience and thank you for sharing yours. And amen on FIRST PRIORITY!
SynchrOMicity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 04:40 AM   #4
Frank Samuel
Project Avalon Moderator

wise words indeed, thank you very much for sharing your experience.
In times of turmoil lending a helping hand to one another is the most comforting and rewarding experience. Thank you for your powerful words of life.
Frank Samuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 12:12 PM   #5
elias
Avalon Senior Member

Great word of wisdom, Thank you.
elias is offline   Reply With Quote