Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Preparations / Advice

Notices

Old 10-08-2008, 12:25 PM   #1
Donny

Default So, what do we do, just incase

Hi all,

I have to ask this, as seeing so many people who believe that no problems will arise and the others that believe a catastrophe is upon us.

What can the average person realy do to prepare if anything indeed hit the fan?

Donny
Old 10-08-2008, 12:32 PM   #2
Xammy
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: So, what do we do, just incase

Meditate, excercise, eat well, love as much as possible
Xammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 12:40 PM   #3
Myplanet2
In The Mists

My take, is that it makes sense to prepare oneself mentally for a change in the overall game.

Those focusing one the death throws of the old paradigm, will be seeing the glass half emtpy and emptying the rest of the way. Those focusing on the seeding and sprouting excitement inherent in a shift to a new, better paradigm, will be seeing the glass as half full, and working to fill it up the rest of the way, while continuing to try to gently point out to the glass half empty-ers that it's time to re-evaluate priorities and expectations.

There is some grief and hurt involved in the change over, but the sooner we get over the need to try to cling to the paradigm we're used to, the sooner we can get on with the business of the ground crew.

Sorry to talk in metaphors, but this is how I'm looking at this right now.
Myplanet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 12:54 PM   #4
mikey
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny View Post
Hi all,

I have to ask this, as seeing so many people who believe that no problems will arise and the others that believe a catastrophe is upon us.

Donny
Hey Donny, indeed this is a tricky question but i find it easier to stop thinking about what other people are worried about with regards to what is or is not going to happen. This is indeed a stressful time for many of us especially economically and what we all can do is to think positively and live every moment in the now and with love and compassion.
Preparation in opinion means learning..learning about who i am, why i am here and why these things are happening now. From knowledge comes understanding...from understanding comes preparation.
Things are not always what they seem and there are very rarely any coincidences.
I recommend to start growing your own vegetables..(theres loads of information on here about that!) and its fun! as well as meditation which i strongly recommend...get out in nature

there is no path to peace, peace is the path
mikey
mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 12:57 PM   #5
Kahunamahalo
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Hi all,

Donny
Donny,
Just use common sense. Wishful thinking may not prepare you for what many believe is about to come. Just stash some basic needs, food, water, cash and don't forget tp, (gotta wipe) and make sure to keep your gas tank topped off. Some basic suggestions.
Kahunamahalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 12:59 PM   #6
Thunderbird
Avalon Senior Member

all of that and a bag of corn nuts..
Thunderbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 03:53 AM   #7
Baggywrinkle

Quote:
Hi all,

Donny
Hi Donny,

Take a long look at the measures your people and
your country took to weather the hardship endured
during world war II. If you are prepared for that you
will be well ahead of the crowd.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:31 AM   #8
Lance
Avalon Senior Member

Why not simply look at the mess already there then redesign a world differently making money at the same time? Forget about this 'crisis/circus and that crisis/circus' and simply take stock of how to feed, clothe and house yourself in the very best, styley way. Walk away from the edge's of the dying Empire and found a new land.

Learn Permaculture to THRIVE rather than survive during what is to come.

And stop thinking/feeling/acting like you are a 'normal' person...wtf is that anyways?
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 05:32 AM   #9
Realview
Avalon Senior Member

Focus on your own spiritual welfare first, even if that means 100% of the time at times.

Prepare reasonable by stocking, planning, learning, preparing mentally and physically and always expect something good is going to happen to your soul.

Practice fasting for brief periods (2,3,4 days) and eating less (1 or 2 meals between fasts).
Realview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 05:50 AM   #10
Greg222
Avalon Senior Member

Scan this blog for great survival ideas and implement as many as possible. The philosophy is hope for the best, but plan for the worst. Spend whatever you can to obtain survival supplies. If you don't need them... oh well. But if you do...!!!
Greg222 is offline   Reply With Quote