Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Preparations / Advice

Notices

Old 10-07-2008, 08:23 PM   #1
Streetsdreamer13
Avalon Senior Member

Exclamation Anthrax- How To Be Prepared

In these scary times its easy to panic while getting prepared. The key is to maintain a level head between calmness and caution. in any case its good to be prepared in the event of a terrorist biological attack.

This is a link of Cliff and George's (aka Web Bot Guys) website

http://www.urbansurvival.com/week.htm

There is an article there talking about Anthrax and it got me thinking about what kinds of masks i could find that would be helpful in such in event. But as with many people im tight on money so i found a good buy here.
http://efoodsdirect.com/product-disp...l?c=1&id=Hmask

That type of mask would be key in surviving some type of biological agent attack. And hey worst comes to worst you can use these things for the run of the mill things like painting, cleaning around the house, wood working.. etc

Hope this helps!!!
Streetsdreamer13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 08:25 PM   #2
Sol Invictus
Banned

Default Re: Anthrax- How To Be Prepared

That the anthrax attack was a governemnt inside job to cause panic in the masses, this alert now seems a bit...suspect.

They tried one too many psyops during and after 9-11 for me to ever trust them ever again.

Good masks though. will help if they ever decide to release more anthrax from their own labs.
Sol Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 08:38 PM   #3
Streetsdreamer13
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Invictus View Post

That the anthrax attack was a governemnt inside job to cause panic in the masses, this alert now seems a bit...suspect.

They tried one too many psyops during and after 9-11 for me to ever trust them ever again.

Good masks though. will help if they ever decide to release more anthrax from their own labs.
Yup i agree my friend. Well weather it's a government ploy or real terrorist attack i figure we have to prepare regardless. be safe!
Streetsdreamer13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 04:06 AM   #4
msv
Avalon Senior Member

Found this on Reddit today.
HHS Secretary's Declaration for Utilization of Public Readiness and
Emergency Preparedness Act for Anthrax Countermeasures signed yesterday.

http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/2008/E8-23547.htm
msv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 03:13 PM   #5
Moonbaby
Avalon Senior Member

Cipro is the main antibiotic that is recommended for Anthrax exposure. I hear that Cipro is a somewhat 'nasty' antibiotic but I think it is better than the alternative of no treatment. Does anyone know of a reliable source to get Cipro, I don't have a doctor's perscription.

Is there am MD on the forum that could write me a perscription for Cipro?

Thanks for your help and be prepared.

Peace

Moonbaby
Moonbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 03:44 PM   #6
danny
Avalon Senior Member

go to www.cheaperthandirt.com and www.sportsmansguide.com for new israelli and russian millitary masks for less money.
danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 04:31 PM   #7
Moonbaby
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny View Post
go to www.cheaperthandirt.com and www.sportsmansguide.com for new israelli and russian millitary masks for less money.
The problem with a gas mask is two fold, first it is bulky and 4 more things (have 4 people) to carry, but most important is you can not really see the anthrax spores. I think that with the antibiotic, you will have shown flu-like symptoms to treat, and your body will establish antibodies so you will not be reinfected. No I may be somewhat off-base and if I am, someone will surely let me know.

Peace

Moonbaby
Old 10-08-2008, 04:52 PM   #8
ADAM KADMON
Avalon Senior Member

An ex-CIA Microbiologist states that the only natural substance he knows of the effectively treat viral/bacteria like pathogens and epidemics is colloidal silver.

Constantly reminding people that CS works, truly, truly, is my contribution. Get some, make some, drink it every day. Since I started, I haven't been to the doctor once. And that's saying a lot.

Adam K.
ADAM KADMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 05:39 PM   #9
Baggywrinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonbaby View Post
I hear that Cipro is a somewhat 'nasty' antibiotic
Is there am MD on the forum that could write me a perscription for Cipro?
The biggest problem with ciprofloxacin is the cost. It is also hard on the stomach and should be taken with a meal. Unless you are allergic there are no other major problems EXCEPT it should not be given to children younger than 16. It causes problems with bone growth

What is the treatment ?

While anthrax usually kills infected animals, it can be successfully treated in humans if caught in the early stages. Penicillin has been the drug of choice for years and remains effective, even for the infections we have all read about recently. Other drugs from the penicillin family such as amoxicillin should be equally effective. Doxycycline, one of the tetracycline family of antibiotics – and most recently listed as the CDC’s drug of choice in treating anthrax, is also effective. Ciprofloxacin – more commonly known as Cipro – is one of the quinolone antibiotics and is also effective. Cipro has made news since the September 11th terrorist attack and is recommended as the first drug to use until the sensitivities of the organisms are known because the Soviet Union was known to produce anthrax bacilli that were resistant to penicillin and tetracycline in their germ warfare program. The anthrax used in the most recent incidents, however, has all been sensitive to all antibiotics listed above. Lung infections may be treated with intravenous antibiotics. It is important to take the full course of prescribed antibiotics to prevent complications. If untreated, cutaneous anthrax may result in death. Untreated inhalation anthrax always results in death.

According to the American Medical Association and other authorities, physicians should not prescribe antibiotics for patients as a preventive measure against anthrax. This may lead patients to initiate unnecessary treatment and could contribute to the development of antibiotic resistant organisms.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:11 PM   #10
Moonbaby
Avalon Senior Member

Baggy,

Thanks for the information concerning the different types of Anthrax, I was not aware of that the USSR had developed different strains and that was the reason to treat with Cipro. I would much rather use an anitbiotic that is easier to tolerate.
Since I live on the east cost, the Mexico option for procurement is not feasible.

Do you know if the dosing regime is different than say for an ear infection? Is there information available concerning product/dosing based on indication? Thanks

Peace

Moonbaby
Old 10-08-2008, 06:14 PM   #11
Baggywrinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonbaby View Post
Baggy,

Do you know if the dosing regime is different than say for an ear infection? Is there information available concerning product/dosing based on indication? Thanks
Inhalational anthrax (post-exposure):

ADULTS: 100 mg of doxycycline, by mouth, twice a day for 60 days. CHILDREN: weighing less than 100 lb (45 kg); 1 mg/lb (2.2 mg/kg) of body weight, by mouth, twice a day for 60 days. Children weighing 100 lb or more should receive the adult dose.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:30 PM   #12
Moonbaby
Avalon Senior Member

Baggy,

Thanks for the info on the dosing regimin. Looks like I will have to find a fairly significant quantity to treat possibly a family of 4. I just saw an article today about ENGLISH black tea. The article alledges that drink English black tea without milk will kill Anthrax in the body... Hmm would be alot easier substituting tea bags for antibiotics.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:48 PM   #13
sunnyrap
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Anthrax- How To Be Prepared (there's some misinfo out on it)

The Truth:
Dr. Ken Alibek is acknowledged as one of the world's foremost experts on not only bioterrorism, but on anthrax. He was the head of the Soviet Union's offensive biological weapons program before defecting to the United States and is now a private consultant on biological weapons defense. According to Reuters News Service, he was participating in a briefing for members of Congress during the third week in October when he said that hot, moist heat could kill anthrax spores. "If you are scared, just iron this letter," he told lawmakers. "After that, they become harmless."

In an AP article from October 19, Arthur Trapotsis, a scientist from Boston, said "Anthrax is easy to kill." His company makes steam sterilizers, one of the options that companies are considering to try to eliminate anthrax that could come through the mail.

While there is agreement that steam can kill anthrax spores, there is not agreement about relying on a steam iron to do it.

The 10/19 AP story says that other experts estimate that in order for the ironing of an envelope to be effective, it would have to be done continuously for 20 minutes. Dr. John Clements of Tulane University in New Orleans told ABC News "Steam irons are not going to get you where you need to be." There is also concern over the fact that there are different kinds of envelopes made from different substances. Would all of them allow the steam to affect their contents?

A real example of the story as it has been circulated:

Easy Way YOU Can Kill Anthrax in Mail

Worried about anthrax-laced mail at your home or office?

YOU can kill the germs. And, amazingly, it's easy, cheap, and quick and you probably own the weapon of choice: A steam iron.

Reuters reports that Ken Alibek, a top former Soviet germ warfare scientist who is now a U.S.-based author and researcher trying to develop defenses against bioterrorism, told a surprised congressional briefing on nonproliferation that a hot, moist steam iron and moist fabric could kill anthrax spores.

The lawmakers didn't believe him. What? An iron? Say that again, please. So he did. Several times. "Iron your letters," he said. Put a moist layer of fabric over the letter and iron it.

He recommended that postal distribution centers that are working with large amounts of mail set up portable gamma radiation units to sterilize letters. "This problem could be solved," he insisted.

Anthrax: Separating fear from fact. Don't microwave your mail. Turns out the dry heat of a microwave doesn't kill the anthrax spores as well as the moist heat of a steam iron.

Do remember this: The chance that YOU will receive a piece of mail that is anthrax-contaminated is miniscule. And if you do receive something that is suspect, don't handle it. Put it in a plastic bag, leave the room, wash your hands, and call authorities.

--Cathryn Conroy Visit the Science/Math Forum to find out how anthrax works, how it can be stopped, and to post your questions.
sunnyrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 03:53 PM   #14
sunnyrap
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Anthrax- vaccines for it already proven bad

I posted this on another thread, but it bears repeating here: http://ahrp.blogspot.com/2007/07/tru...cine-cong.html

(NOTE: On the other thread I also pointed out that AIDS-SARS-Bird Flu have also been proven to have been spread by allegedly 'necessary' vaccines, and that a bill passed Congress which allows the government to arrest and seize all property of anyone resisting a vaccine in a 'national emergency'.)

The Truth About the Anthrax Vaccine: Cong. Testimony and Israeli Probe
In oral testimony before a Congressional committee, Meryl Nass, MD, testified about the scientific evidence of the harmful effects produced by the anthrax vaccine which military personnel are forced to undergo. She described four impediments to safeguard military personnel from preventable harm due to a lack of independent checks on faulty military healthcare decisions.

Six thousand miles away, an editorial in Israel's major newspaper, Haaretz, sternly criticizes military authorities who conducted "a secret medical experiment that injected soldiers with the anti-anthrax vaccine." "Years after the receiving the experimental Israeli vaccine, soldiers continued to suffer unexplained skin tumors, severe lung infections, serious migraine headaches, bronchitis and even epilepsy symptoms."

Uvda (fact) Israel's investigative TV program reported that the Israel Defense Force did not take responsibility for the soldiers' ongoing treatment at civilian medical centers, and they were not allowed to discuss the experiment under any circumstances despite its likely connection to their continuing health problems.

"The army conducted the experiment, code-named Omer 2, under a cloak of secrecy, furtiveness and panic. Now, as details emerge despite the military authorities, it is clear that the soldiers involved have been brushed aside with half-truths and evasion."
The editorial notes: "Nothing is easier than conducting an experiment on a "captive" group such as soldiers or infirm elderly people... Until this business is regulated by law, a committee of inquiry must be set up to shed light on the concealed details, define the responsibility toward the young civilians who were harmed and prevent such occurrences in the future."

Following disclosure of the secret trials in May 2007, "a committee will be established to probe whether the anthrax vaccine trials adhered to World Medical Association ethical requirements relating to human clinical trials as set out in the Declaration of Helsinki." [Link] [Link]

This week, the Israeli Knesset passed a bill governing human experiments, in an effort to establish the boundaries for what was described as "lawlessness" in the Report.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:05 PM   #15
sunnyrap
Avalon Senior Member

Default An alternative anthrax/other bioweapon treatment

From: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...s_/ai_81138241

Anthrax & Co.: Some Alternative Treatments - G-Jo Acupressure
Townsend Letter for Doctors and Patients, Jan, 2002 by Michael Blate

As I write this, it has begun to dawn on most of us that the horror of the World Trade Center tragedy can be exceeded. For now, even those who have steadfastly denied this nation's vulnerability have started to realize that a variety of plagues - whose toll could vastly outnumber the WTC victims - can be easily launched via such mundane means as a letter in the mail.

Worse: It clearly appears that The Medical Way will be left sucking its collective thumb if such plagues about which epidemiologists are worried are actually visited upon us. Apparently, there are few vaccines available for the general public; what there are may be faulty; and the new, "improved" strains of spore or critter may not respond as expected to conventional treatment. The effectiveness of present medicines - primarily antibiotics - is questionable, too.

Related Results
Alternative Tx options work for inhalation anthrax
Fluoroquinolones can be used to fight anthrax
Two fluoroquinolones found effective against anthrax
Biophage and Biopolymer Engineering Sign Joint Agreement to Develop...
Dry but Decontaminated

That's the bad news. Enough of it.

If orthodox medicine holds few meaningful answers for the population-at-large, might there be one or more solutions found in other health care sectors? Possibly, though understandably much of what follows is hypothetical, based on principles of Nature which have proven themselves correct for many other ailments...even those of biblical magnitude.

Bottom line: I've never personally treated myself, a relative, or any other

loved one for such an affliction. Thankfully.

But these methods should work. And even if they don't, you've lost or wasted nothing by using them with or without other treatments...plus you've done no harm, even if the following techniques are grossly abused. Even better: They're totally free (assuming you have internet access for one of them), or might cost just $23 bucks, in the worst case.

The first therapy is an isode - a powerful modality for treating nag-ging, chronic problems which are neither easy to define nor otherwise treat. Isodes are homeopathic-like remedies created from the sufferer's own bodily fluids (urine, saliva, phlegm or blood) which contain natural antidotes - by-products arising from his/her present health condition.

Isodes require no professional medical diagnosis to prescribe. The body already knows what it needs, and has created up-to-the- moment antigens...and in excess,. which one regularly excretes. Thus, it is very easy to make the perfect isode for yourself and it will be one of the most powerful healing tools you can have in your medical armamentarium.

I'll describe how making an isode was taught to me. Urine, long known for its exceptional healing qualities, is usually the best bodily fluid to use (indeed, a growing number of people now follow the ancient yogic tradition of drinking a bit of their own urine, daily). To create your isode you will need:

* 2 eye dropper bottles, the same size, labeled #1 and #2

* 1/2 gallon of distilled or purified water

* 1/4 oz food-quality alcohol (such as any brand of vodka)

* A hot water source

* A small amount of your own urine (from the morning's first urination; mid-stream, is best) or other bodily fluid

* A clean container for collecting the selected bodily fluid.

Here's how to make your unique isode:

1. Fill the bottle labeled "#1" three-quarters full with distilled or purified water.

2. Collect a small amount of the selected bodily fluid in the clean container.

3. Transfer 4 drops (if using a 1 oz bottle) or 8 drops (if using a 2 oz bottle) of the collected bodily fluid into the first bottle (if using phlegm use an equivalent amount). Use the eyedropper from bottle #1.

4. Rinse that eye dropper in hot water, removing all traces of the bodily fluid; then make a final rinse with distilled or purified water.

5. Then, replace the eyedropper back into bottle #1, tighten, and sharply rap (without breaking) the bottom of the bottle against a carpeted floor or on a towel-protected counter top 100 times; this creates the so-called "mother tincture."

6. Next, fill bottle #2 three-quarters full with distilled or purified water.

7. Place 4 (or 8 drops) as above, from bottle #1 into bottle #2, recap, and sharply rap it 100 times, as you did with bottle #1, in Step 5.

8. Pour out the contents of, then rinse, bottle #1 (and eyedropper #2), first in hot water to remove all traces of the contents, then do a final rinse in distilled or purified water, and refill bottle #1 three-quarters full of distilled water, again.

9. Now place 4 drops from bottle #2 back into #1 and repeat steps 4-7.

10. Repeat the entire process 12 times for a "12x potency" and 24 times for 24x. It is generally recommended to use 12x or higher potency when taking an isode. Note Though you dilute the isode each time you repeat the procedure, the remedy becomes that much more powerful (strange as it may seem).

11. On the last round, top off the remaining quarter of the bottle with food-quality alcohol (such as vodka) to preserve your new isode and prevent contamination from mold or bacteria.

12. Label the bottle with your name, suspected health problem and date. Your homeopathic isode should be treated as you would any other homeopathic remedy. Use the same precautions for handling and storing.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:16 PM   #16
sunnyrap
Avalon Senior Member

Default Anthrax/Bio-weapon/ Medicine Info

By the way, I'm noticing that government-sponsored sites about anthrax and bio-weapons are very discouraging about alternative treatments for anthrax etc. I urge you to seriously question this as disinfo. Examples:

http://nccam.nih.gov/health/alerts/bioterrorism/
http://www.gothamgazette.com/comment...zalavitz.shtml

Why, you certainly should ask? There is ample evidence that govt. forced vaccinations on the military have cost an incredible number of our service people their health and or lives.

Here's more on that: http://www.rense.com/general82/rats.htm
http://www.goodnewsaboutgod.com/studies/smallpox.htm
http://theuglytruth.wordpress.com/20...ssad-frame-up/
Old 10-09-2008, 10:22 PM   #17
Shellie
Banned

Heat and steam... that's kills just about EVERYTHING. That is what an autoclave is for.
Shellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:46 AM   #18
Morgan
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Anthrax/Bio-weapon/ Medicine Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyrap View Post
By the way, I'm noticing that government-sponsored sites about anthrax and bio-weapons are very discouraging about alternative treatments for anthrax etc. I urge you to seriously question this as disinfo.
Government and gov't-related websites pretty much discourage alternative treatments for anything And I never once bought into that disinfo. If you can do something without patented chemicals, that's obviously the way to go!

(And let's face it, if everyone got wise to nature's antibiotics, immune system builders, etc. - drug companies would not exist. We gave up our power to doctors and Big Pharma!)
Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote