Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Preparations / Advice

Notices

Old 10-14-2008, 08:29 AM   #26
feynman
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The Coming Starvation In America

Quote:
Originally Posted by davefla73 View Post
............. has always subjected and controlled the masses using FOOD. Remember, FOOD CONTROL IS PEOPLE CONTROL. New Orleans was your cue: Now prepare! You have been warned.
Right on. At the end of the day it boils down to food (and water). If you don't have any that's ALL you're going to be thinking about.

We're here because we at least believe part of what the interviewees have to say on Camelot.

All you have to ask yourself is: "if my money was worthless tomorrow, what would I do?"
If the answer is starve, beg, borrow or steal, then you need to prepare.

Its called disaster preparedness. We should all be doing it anyway, even the most disbelieving of us as a matter of common sense.

I predict food riots in the US by the end of year.
feynman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 09:59 AM   #27
CosmicFever

This food thing is a bit bothersome to me. Maybe I witnessed mass starvation in another life. Who knows? Now I have a food supply that's been building for many months. Here's the deal. This is not out of fear. It is out of love for others. So many will be waking up very soon to the reality of what's going on. That may be too late for them to prepare. There are innocent children to consider and as long as I have food it will be shared with others. It will take the collective effort of everyone to move beyond this bump in the road. Service to others will be key in this process.

peace,
cosmic
Old 10-14-2008, 01:38 PM   #28
pineal-pilot-in merkabah
Avalon Senior Member

food shortages will hit britian also.. we will get the same treatment. i want food of my own
1: to ensure quality and nutritional value
2: so i dont have to leave the house to join food ques, this also helps avoid crowds where boi weapons will be working at their most efficient.
3: ill buy extra to help a few non beleivers who artn prepared and who a very close friends. alas its personal responsibilty, im taking mine by stocking my own food, im not responsible for others. im possibly gonna have to defend my food supplies from hungry maurading starving people.. im moving out nea the country anyway so shouldtn have much interaction outsoide of close friends anyway and ground crew. my friend is a farmer so we can get milk poss.. its gonna be tuff imo

im pretty poor so unfortuantly i cant feed everyone

Last edited by pineal-pilot-in merkabah; 10-14-2008 at 01:59 PM.
pineal-pilot-in merkabah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 06:08 PM   #29
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member

Yes, I think it is a very interesting thread, and thanks for starting it Dave.

Thank you too Kimmie for your post. That's the great thing about Avalon I think , that we have access to so much shared knowledge and points of view, and aspects of different lives. I think you've hit the nail on the head.

I'm not against anyone hoarding food, I think all must go with their own instincts. It is also interesting to note that a lot of the great sites out there - urbansurvival as an example are also provided by people who are similarly already prepared for the coming changing times.

If nothing else, this whole thing has stirred a desire in me to become totally self-sufficient, find a cabin somewhere, live of the land... that would be great...wind power..chickens. We need reality for sure.

I don't have kids , and I agree, if I did, that would most certainly change my perspective on what I would do to prepare. (anyone want to come share my cabin ? )

I'm as shocked as anyone by what's going on in the world and where it logically seems to be heading (food shortages, mass panic, violence, ???)

I'm just saying that alongside being prepared, it's my own view that this whole thing could turn out spiritually positive or spiritually negative. If it does become every man for himself amongst the spiritually minded...then logically that doesn't seem to be the evolution that it makes sense we should be having.

I do have heinz beans though... about eight tins I think... should last me at least a month

Thanks again for the great discussion topic.

peace n love

k
Kulapops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 06:47 PM   #30
QueenOfLeon
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicFever View Post
This food thing is a bit bothersome to me. Maybe I witnessed mass starvation in another life. Who knows? Now I have a food supply that's been building for many months. Here's the deal. This is not out of fear. It is out of love for others. So many will be waking up very soon to the reality of what's going on. That may be too late for them to prepare. There are innocent children to consider and as long as I have food it will be shared with others. It will take the collective effort of everyone to move beyond this bump in the road. Service to others will be key in this process.

peace,
cosmic

Here here!! And Bravo. Given the knowledge we have I think it is safe to be prepared and I am doing so to help others as well as my self/loved ones. I dont want to die yet, vene though I know I am eternal. I think Humanity have come to this cross roads to see how we react. DO we turn on each other or do we help one another? I for one will always share and then I will be able to sleep at night.
QueenOfLeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:10 PM   #31
davefla73
Avalon Senior Member

thanks for the suport kimmie, right you are even if nothing happens which looks like something will its easy to pick up a little extra food to store so you dont have to beg if you and your loved ones are hungry right?!
davefla73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 10:47 AM   #32
Kimmie
Avalon Senior Member

Default One step beyond canned goods!!

Hi Dave, and Everyone, Kimmie here.

Dave, I'm a team player, if this discussion helps just one person to be more prepared I'm pleased.

Ya'll might want to consider a few items that will be good for more than just filling your tummy. I've been reading about biological attacks and how to protect yourself (as best as we can anyways), by having some basic foods and herbs on hand.

For example:
" Black Tea-also known as English Breakfast tea-has a component called polyphenols. They inhibit the activity of anthrax". The article also said, "DON'T ADD MILK, the addition of milk to the tea completly inhibits it's antibacterial activity against Anthrax.

So after you have collected a basic group of canned good, you might want to read some of the articles about "healing foods, herbs and vitamins" and add them as well.

I'll go through my notes, and add other things I come across. I know Baking Soda and Sea Salt, were two of the items I read about, yet I'll have to go back and see what their purpose was.

Other things that you wouldn't normally buy (at least I don't) would be to have canned and powdered milk on hand. It'll keep forever, and if or when things settle back down you can use them for baking. The powdered is much less expensive than the canned, yet when you have to worry about getting clean/safe water to mix with it you'll be happy you bought a few cans.

Have a great day everyone!! Kimmie
Kimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 11:16 PM   #33
Knightbk
Avalon Senior Member

I don't buy this starvation theory.

In the Dirty 30's, people didn't starve to death in America, that is actually myth.

For Americans to literally starve to death, you need to have a complete systemic collapse which will not happen as the government will take control of most things and provide relief at the expense of rights and such obviously.

The only thing that will bring about starvation is either a War, Natural Disaster or Pandemic.

Now don't get me wrong, I am not saying that some people will not be badly hurt, as obviously there will be hurt people. Even during boom times, there are poor people in America starving, but you are not going to see "millions of Americans starving to death" in America.
Knightbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 11:33 PM   #34
Waterman
Avalon Senior Member

No one will starve ..... unless the powers to be make that happen...

Something to think about..... right?
Waterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 11:38 PM   #35
Waterman
Avalon Senior Member

By the way I was actually up late last night trying to get an order in for some dehydrated food. We use it because guess what it's cheaper.... really.

Anyway shipping is now out about 8 weeks for lots of the food. So I was wondering if any of you have sources. I'm not willing to waitn 2 months for food.

We order dehydrated food but freeze dried although more expensive is really tasty.

You all might want to actually see if costs are cheaper to buy this way.

Again do you know of any sources. Or do you know of a thread helping find sources?

Thanks
Waterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 12:54 AM   #36
BarryC
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks for the original post. It is well worth being prepared in order to do good.

Being prepared is not being selfish; how can we help rebuild our future if we're too malnurished to stand up?
How can we be the groundcrew if we've unfortunately starved to death?
And I agree, death is not to be feared and yes a spiritual transition and all that, but it would be unfortunate if all the enlightened people starved and left the future to the 'powers-that-be'.

As for only eating every few days or once a month - I respect your opinion, but you should try it before asking everyone else to live that way. I have a 5 year old daughter - imagine asking her to go without food for 29 days - it would result in only one outcome.

Our purpose is to prepare - to work together - we can be a great influence for great good, but only if we are not starving. We *will* share; I will share; but if only one in a thousand prepares, there won't be much to go around.

Experts suggest a year's supply is prudent and should consist of:
1. wheat (both a carb source and a protein), 2. milk (or equivalent) powder, 3. salt, 4. sugar
add to that water, clothing, fuel where possible.
see http://www.providentliving.org/

That nice LDS family down the street have been preparing this way for many years for what they know is coming. They are supposed to rotate their storage by using it - that's wise. I really hope we don't need it, but it would be wise to be prepared.

I respect 'Henry Deacon' immensly; I suspect we owe him more than we'll ever know - please look at what he has said about the future and about preparing.

BarryC

Last edited by BarryC; 10-17-2008 at 02:12 AM.
BarryC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 12:01 PM   #37
Kimmie
Avalon Senior Member

Waterman-My kids and I have been making Beef Jerky with a dehydrater for years. Whenever one of us is doing any traveling we pull out the dehydrator and fix up a "Travel Pac". We have been putting it in Ziploc Bags since it is gone in just a few days-yet I'm wondering if I should invest in one of those "Seal-a meal" type machines to Vacumn Pac the dehydrated food.

I've been trying to cut back on the amount of meat we eat, and am buying more fish, how well does it process? I know PorK doesn't come out very well-so now I'm wondering about the fish!!

Are there some foods better than others to dehydrate? I've tried doing fruits, and have to admit, I need to spend more time with the process since the results weren't the greatest in the past. Now instead of "doing it for the fun of it"...I'll be taking a more serious approach to it.

Has anyone got any advice for me-on what foods and any tricks to successful methods for working with a dehydrater?

BarryC, thanks for the Link to Provident Living, I'll check it out. When you talk about "wheat" in what form are you buying it? How are you storing it?

I'm still buying at the local grocery stores, and I think I need to switch to the Health Food Stores for better quality. If we're going to be faced with eating less- I've decided it would be benificial to increase the quality It's probably a good habit to develop anyways. I think the food from health Food Stores will be less likely to be tampered with, as times get 'crazier'.

The other day I came upon a website that offered directions to build a Solar Stove...not full grill top...a simple stand on to which you could boil water or set up a frying pan to fix a campstyle breakfast. I'll look through my notes and post it for you. It looks like it would be a fun weekend project to make it- for when there is no more electric,propane or charcoal around to cook with.

Bye for now, Kimmie
Old 10-17-2008, 01:15 PM   #38
Kimmie
Avalon Senior Member

Hi everyone,

I decided I might as well look through my notes-for the link I liked about a Solar stove. It was about some volunteers who went to Peru to work with the children there. It's a wonderful story that shows how eager children are to learn. The volunteers had tried out the Plans back home to be sure it would work-then showed the children how to build them for themselves.

The website is called: Sunspot.org " Solar Cooking in Peru" and the link is:
http://www.sunspot.org.uk/

There may be other methods for creating a Solar stove, yet there is something about the story behind this one that makes me favor this one!

Much love, Kimmie
Old 10-17-2008, 02:51 PM   #39
SteveTPA
Avalon Senior Member

Great story Kimmie,

This story is both heart warming and food warming (feeble attempt at humor)

Another idea to help protect us from hunger is an idea called Permaculture. This involves reconnecting with the land, even if you live in an urban or suburban area. It would involve getting rid of useless suburban landscaping, like lawns, and replacing them with sustainable agriculture. Check out David Holmgren on YouTube. Or here is a link that explains further:

http://attra.ncat.org/attra-pub/perma.html

I have begun buying fruit trees and vegetables. However, even in this area there is a sinister challenge: corporate control of our food is nearly complete. Seeds are now terminator seeds, so you only get one crop. Even avocado pits, which are so easy to grow, produce sterile trees that need to be grafted to produce fruit. I recently read where India has now agreed to let Monsanto into their agriculture industry (as part of the recently signed nuclear deal with Bush) controlling all the seeds and the farmers of India are revolting. The farmers go bankrupt: the seeds have to be bought every year, and the quality of the plant is poor, requiring the use of pesticides and fertilizers to survive - also produced by Monsanto!! Creating further debt and bankruptcy for the farmers, paving the way for corporate takeover of family farms.

How can we rebel? Most county and state agencies and universities have information on how to grow native plants that are edible. Here is one for Florida where I live:

http://www.meaningfulpursuit.com/edibleplantproject/

But check your local agencies, and it pays to get a field guide for plants that helps you identify what's edible in the wild. These wild plants can also be cultivated in your yard and they are more resistant to insects and require little or no fertilizer.

Good luck to everyone and peace....we will survive these challenges.

Kimmie: PS I apologize for missing out last meeting. I left you a message, hope you got it, and I look forward to reconnecting soon.

Take care,
Steve
SteveTPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 05:58 PM   #40
Powerinourhandsl
Avalon Senior Member

unfortunately other parts of the world are already suffering

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008...oluntarysector
Powerinourhandsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 08:55 PM   #41
Shaeba
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmie View Post
I'm wondering if I should invest in one of those "Seal-a meal" type machines to Vacumn Pac the dehydrated food.
Two months ago I bought a really nice FoodSaver, and I wouldn't trade it for the world! You can buy the premade bags in pint, quart and gallon sizes, and you can buy rolls with which you can make your own bags of different sizes. I vacuum seal all my dry goods as well as anything that's going to go in the freezer, since it elimates the air and cuts down on freezer burn. It really helps extend the storage life of conventionally packaged goods. They also have large canisters you could pack oodles of pasta, rice, whatnot in and vacuum seal if you get one of the more expensive models that has the accessory hose.

Last edited by Shaeba; 10-17-2008 at 08:57 PM.
Shaeba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 06:33 PM   #42
Kimmie
Avalon Senior Member

Hey Steve....I have 6 Avocado Seeds sittin' in water rooting!! What a drag it will be if all they bare is leaves!! My Orange tree produced very well last fall and is covered ...weighted down!!!...with half grown fruit, I'll be happy to share when they are ready. I'll check out the links, Thanks

Also Steve..Off topic-(Sorry everyone else)..Florida Ground Crew Meeting last weekend was very informative, I'll check for your message and will get back to you. Why don't you host a meeting? Please reply by PM.

TO EVERYONE ELSE I HOPE YOU ARE ALL ON GROUND CREW TEAMS!!!

Powerinourhands Thanks for the link as well, I'll check it out. I know your comment is correct, and wish it wasn't so, we are so lucky to have had the lives we have had thus far.

Shaeba I'm check out the Foodsaver when I run errands later today...I didn't realize they came with the hose...that's better than scooping loose stuff.

Question Shaeba....Can you put dehydrated stuff in it and not have to refrigerate? Does the vacumn pack make it able to put it in the cabinet instead???

Sorry ya'll, I'm having a blonde moment here????? I think I'll go play in the dirt!!

Huggs everyone, Kimmie
Old 10-18-2008, 07:10 PM   #43
Shaeba
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmie View Post
Shaeba I'm check out the Foodsaver when I run errands later today...I didn't realize they came with the hose...that's better than scooping loose stuff.

Question Shaeba....Can you put dehydrated stuff in it and not have to refrigerate? Does the vacumn pack make it able to put it in the cabinet instead???

Huggs everyone, Kimmie
I'm actually not 100% certain on that Kimmie. I've mostly been using it for dry goods like rice and flour and sugar, as well as things I was planning to freeze. The fruits and veggies I currently have are freeze dried and I ran those into vacuum sealed bags as well, but I know those don't need refrigeration. Sorry I'm not more help on the dehydrated issue. I need to do some investigating.

As for the hose... you still need to scoop things into bags. What those hose is for is for the large cannisters. You scoop everthing into one of the canisters then put the top on, and vacuum all the air out of the canister with the hose and it seals it. Works well for large amounts of things like pasta and rice.
Shaeba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 03:06 PM   #44
beanny
Avalon Senior Member

AM CONCERNED for those considering sharing with neighbours etc
have the silent intent,
and trust to know in your path whom/where to consider helping.
close the mouth
open your mind

if your neighbours are your concern...maybe preach/teatch to thousands, but not on home ground
have someone from afar preach/teatch to your home ground
that way neither become immediately under threat when the truth emerges
if you tell 100 people,..to store food, and none listen.
but when **** hits the fan.. and their homes are empty of food...where to you reckon all will run? click click click...we know whom has food....
slaughter for that one portion..many would

98% of my lifetime experience as a wholehearted/foolish giver, finally taught me that

A GIVER/HEART............ withOUT wisdom/awareness of the minds of heartLESSness (in people)
primarilly ATTRACTS....

NOT the needy
NOT the receivers
but
the TAKERS, ABUSERS/USERS

I did not know the emotions of
anger
selfishness
hostility
hatred jealousy
etc
hence i was unable to reckognise such trate in others
we primarily reckognise in others, what we already consist of in ourselves, else have experienced in some form, else we can remain blind

i trusted wholeheartedly, and even where burnt found consistent excuses to blanket the perpretator
EVEN when burnt time after time
i couldnt even see nor sense my own scars for they were so deeply buried beneath my foolish compassion for the soul of the abuser
i did not count in the equation
and neither did the selfish intent of the other..for i could not see/reckognise dishonesty/evil
or it would not be my primary concern, where i did see....for in my mind.. the good of the being annialated any bad...bad became erassed
im sure that...
if i had trod on hitlers foot idv appologised and felt guilty for hurting the guy
ignorance or what

but thankG-d my life experiences have turned ALL that around
have shut off my heart to the point that i no longer see only the soul
but..now, also.... the being

now i can, within reason, reckognise/sence/smell,...
where to trust , where to close off etc,
still learning mind,
i sense the aura, always have done, but used to negate and brush asside anything negative as irrelevent compared to caring for the good of the person

how wrOng was i...what planet must i have come from

my Mother, bless her Soul, usede to say
FIRST IMPPRESSION IS LAST IMPRESSION

(but i took after my father..all trusting/allheart)

in other words, what ur instincts instantly tell you of someone..(instinctsNOTjudgemnts)
no matter how steered off track you become over someone...for however long/short....your final impression/knowledge of this soul/being...
will always come back to the same as th 1st
i.e your intial instinct upon meeting someone, says, steer clear... but you listen to him talk, and you are baught. oh actually, i really like this guy and where he at....
aventually something will prove you back to square one.. steer clear

... without vital survival tools....surely we'd be sheep among wolves from the word go...and right up at the front

the late Jamie of our friends, taught me...
there is compassion
and there is STUPID compassion

i beleive, as example...
we have to realize that storing food and most especially advertising such... would create you into a TARGET
even your neighbour or bestfriend/brother may be unaware of his/her capabilities when faced with possible dehydration/starvation/death

would he/she slaughter for water?

surely, its down to the individual awareness/senses

isnt there 4 sure a fine line between
trying to help others wake up/shake up/store up
but must we discriminate as to whom we open up to?

... how much of that invites us as a prime target when the REAL times are a face?

KNOW whom and how to help in the time /moment

surely...its NOT about JUDGEMENT, BUT DISCRIMINATE

would you feed your adult friend at the expence of your baby dying?
would you starve youself to feed the stranger but not your lifetime friend?
would u feed a neighbour in full knowledge that he would advertise you to the entire neighbourhood?..CREATING you/your children /family into primary TARGET?

if you have enough water for 4 people for 4 months... but 400 people in your town have none...do you really beleive all their hearts are going to be into SHARing?
ask
yourself...
is it more dangerouse to HAVE than NOT TO?

surely, we must learn to live primarily with that inner voice that tells us
when to open up
when to shut up
when to give
when to withold
where to confide/where not to
the inner instinct knows where it would lead...can see the snowball effect
TRUST IN HER...YOUR INNER VOICE

although the ultimate key to survival, surely, is more likely in our vibration and being able to live on the true manna/vibration of a heavenly/being state, than that of our physical dependencys
after all do we know where we may be when **** hits the fan?
anywhere near home/water?
or even near our children?
have we taught them basic survival to sniff out the rat
or the wolf in grandmas clothes, when mums/dads not around to guide/help?
the coming war is of good verses evil
positive verses negative.. is it not?
ask any holocaust survivor...was it the food that kept them alive...or was it the KNOWING IN THE MOMENT/instinct/wisdom of the moment, @every corner

to succeed/survive in the moment through our G-d created witts,
is surely as much a miracle as an angel miraculasly saving us from sure disaster
lighten the load of these poor angels.... go for DIY wisdom/understanding/knowledge where possible

Last edited by beanny; 10-21-2008 at 04:11 PM.
beanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 03:36 PM   #45
beanny
Avalon Senior Member

what if you could only keep alive.. .or your small child, or the only man that knows a tunnel down to sure safety for a thousand beings
who would you save?
mann the dilemmas ahead will not be straight forward

hochma
bina
da-at

hebrew for..

wisdom
understanding
knowledge

keep these tools with you at ALL times
maybe i will too
beanny is offline   Reply With Quote