Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > News And Updates

Notices

Old 11-08-2009, 09:20 AM   #1
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Default Floods hit Serbia

http://www.thespec.com/News/BreakingNews/article/668609
Overflowing rivers in southwestern Serbia have flooded homes, forced hundreds of people and animals to be evacuated, and left thousands of households without drinking water.

Officials blame heavy rains over several days for feeding the floodwaters. They have damaged or destroyed several bridges and cut key roads. Several towns have declared a state of emergency.

Floods also damaged water supply systems and left large parts of several towns without drinking water Saturday.

burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 09:36 AM   #2
morguana
Project Avalon Moderator

Default Re: Floods hit Serbia

My heart goes out to all the folk who's lives have been affected by this flooding

this is why I belive it to be important to have a bob packed and ready..... Never know when that water purifier might come in handy!
Bou x

the way is not in the sky, the way is in the heart

forum guidlines

Avalon Chat
morguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 09:26 PM   #3
artvision
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Floods hit Serbia

Quote:
Originally Posted by boudicca View Post
My heart goes out to all the folk who's lives have been affected by this flooding

this is why I belive it to be important to have a bob packed and ready..... Never know when that water purifier might come in handy!
Bou x
Yes Boudica, you put the point on the i. Yes is true, and if you know how many people do not ever think to have prepared something like this. They say because they have no money, but you se these persons, every night in the village pub.

I always wondered why they cannot have a bag prepared with something to support them for 2-3 days, until they get help from authorities? Because they never thought this might happened. I saw that in numerous cases in the romanian villages under the flood. Why don't you think to prepare a bag (a bloody plastic bag) with some clothes an a jar of jam and some biscuits? Maybe a flash light and a multipurpose knife? Some aspirin and some other issues if you are wounded? An dull look: I never though about it, but also I have no money for preparation.... But the old mother from a corner said, but you have mone for the drinks, each night ... no comment!
artvision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 06:19 AM   #4
P4BL0
Banned

Talking Re: Floods hit Serbia

Last edited by P4BL0; 11-14-2009 at 04:24 AM.
P4BL0 is offline   Reply With Quote