Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Health / Alternative Medicine

Notices

Old 11-07-2009, 12:44 PM   #1
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Default Influenza and the Cytokine Storm

I am impressed by what I've heard about the flu and the fact that a death can occur due to a person's healthy immune system because of a "cytokine storm."

My understanding is that the healthy immune system over-reacts in this case and the lungs become overwhelmed by the body's immune reaction to the pathogen.

The question I have in my mind is what should we do?

We're all focusing on "boosting our immune system" to protect ourselves against impending flu. What about our healthy immune system working against us?

I googled "cytokine storm" to look for information about a remedy to a cytokine storm, but I am not posting anything because I don't feel comfortable about the subject. I don't know enough about it. I don't know what to post.

This thread is a call to members to post information about:
  1. supplements we're taking to avoid the flu, should we come down with the flu (Will supplements work against us if they boost the immune system?)
  2. remedies for a cytokine storm
Seashore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 08:17 PM   #2
Fina
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Influenza and the Cytokine Storm

http://educate-yourself.org/lte/merc...u04sep09.shtml

Dr Mercola' s original comment on cytokine storm & colloidal silver.

http://educate-yourself.org/cn/collo...s07sep09.shtml

Dr Merocla's "tacit retreat"
Fina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 09:05 PM   #3
no caste
Avalon Senior Member

Seashore - I've been concerned about the (possible counter-effects?) of 'boosting' one's immune system, since this H1N1 virus seems to take a ride on the vital and strong (turbo) immune systems of the young. It makes me wonder if the whole path of 'bolstering' one's immunity is a good strategy for people right now. Cleanses may be a different matter, I'm not sure, but I'm going with green tea supps, tumeric, vit D...

Fina - Thanks for the Adachi link re colloidal silver. I personally liked his final comments: In the Meantime Consider Vitamin D as it Prevents Seasonal Flu"

Wrt to Vit D - and there's also been other stuff about it, deficiencies and auto-immune disorders - I read this recently:

Doctors start to include vitamin D in fight against cancer
With new studies showing the sun vitamin may slow come cancers, some physicians are eager to add it to treatment programs
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/...rticle1352956/

Last edited by no caste; 11-07-2009 at 09:09 PM.
no caste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 05:31 AM   #4
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Will MMS aid in preventing cytokine storms?

I don't think I have enough time to get some colloidal silver. My best bet right now is to add Vit D supplement to my diet, though I've recently started to get more vitamin C and other nutrients through fruit juices (high quality stuff..not the cheap, sugar-loaded junk) and actual food. I love making omelets and I definitely know that eggs have Vit D.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 05:44 AM   #5
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Vitamin C does not play well with MMS really. I stopped taking VitC supplements when I did my MMS "run"

I take 2000IU of Vitamin D3 supplement per day as I think/feel that this is a very useful defence.

A..
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 09:02 AM   #6
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fina View Post
http://educate-yourself.org/lte/merc...u04sep09.shtml

Dr Mercola' s original comment on cytokine storm & colloidal silver.

http://educate-yourself.org/cn/collo...s07sep09.shtml

Dr Merocla's "tacit retreat"
I think of colloidal silver as a pathogen destroyer.

Is it also an immune booster?

If it is an immune booster:

Say you're on colloidal silver as a preventative measure and you come down with the flu despite your efforts. Should you keep taking the colloidal silver while you're sick?

In other words, I'm wondering whether we need to shift gears once we get the flu, in order to avoid the cytokine storm, which is deadly.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:53 AM   #7
morguana
Project Avalon Moderator

I think that supplements etc should only be taken when illness starts, not as an everyday dietry requirement. The best way is to eat many different seasonal veg and fruit (at least 8-10 portions a day), no refined foods and generaly a very healthy diet. That and exercise, fresh air, less stressfull lifestyle etc will keep your body in a state of homeostatic balance.
The use of herbs, particuly adaptogenic ones such as garlic should also be used on a daily basis in cooking as this will also by their very nature maintain balance.
Remember biography becomes biology

Bou x

the way is not in the sky, the way is in the heart

forum guidlines

Avalon Chat
morguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 05:27 PM   #8
pineal-pilot-in merkabah
Avalon Senior Member

i read that yhou can drink up to a pint a day of silver if you have ebola type virus.. im assuming that it will help in that regard as ebola is a cytokine storm virus.. im still trying to find what mms does in tis situation.. i bought 15 litres of silver october 2008, yet to use it..

healthy immune system no good for this one, youll need a treatment on hand when or if it gets nasty.. anyone with definative advice on mms and cytokine storm please add to this thread.

avoiding the vaccine seems to b3e the main priority, so for me it meant no more travel since i joined this forum. i do not want to get caught as a captive audience in an airport r similar port and forced vaxxed/arrested, disappeared to fema camp..
pineal-pilot-in merkabah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 05:31 PM   #9
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pineal-pilot-in merkabah View Post
i read that yhou can drink up to a pint a day of silver if you have ebola type virus.. im assuming that it will help in that regard as ebola is a cytokine storm virus.. im still trying to find what mms does in tis situation.. i bought 15 litres of silver october 2008, yet to use it..

healthy immune system no good for this one, youll need a treatment on hand when or if it gets nasty.. anyone with definative advice on mms and cytokine storm please add to this thread.

avoiding the vaccine seems to b3e the main priority, so for me it meant no more travel since i joined this forum. i do not want to get caught as a captive audience in an airport r similar port and forced vaxxed/arrested, disappeared to fema camp..
Yes, I've been thinking about the travel aspect of this virus.....airports not a good place to be hanging out for several hours.

I can see people canceling their holiday plans for christmas, & also holidays to warmer zones. It just seems too risky now.
waitinginthewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 07:17 PM   #10
Sarahmay
Avalon Senior Member

Actually, I have what I think is the H1N1 as I write this...it has been rampant in the college where I work. I've been taking colliodal silver since yesterday and upped my D3 dosage to 10,000 IU per day. My fever is basically gone, I it was 100.6 last night (I very rarely run fevers). I feel a little weak and achey, I'm taking it easy today. Colliodal siver is an immune enhancer. I still don't understand what the D3 does, but seems to be helping.
Sarahmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 07:45 PM   #11
artvision
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble Janitor View Post
Will MMS aid in preventing cytokine storms?
HJ, my strong believe is that MMS will fight Swine flu, also the avian flu that is around the corner, from my personal experience . I get a flu so bad, 2 months ago, when I visited a country with many foreigners, that I thought I took the swine flu or something. Whatever it was it has been incredible strong, that I thought is the end for me. I had similar issue, just once in my life, it has been called Beijing Flu and almost terminated. But this one was the fastest I ever seen. I get to sleep with throat soreness and next morning I had 41 deg celsius fever. Instantly ill!

So, I took the MMS 15 drops 2 times (in 6 h) and next day I started feel OK, the fever dropped from 41 Celsius to normal, but I was very tired and still no hungry at all (and my mouth stinking like a tap of chlor). The next day I was OK, functional! But I was used to take MMS, up to 3 times per day 15 drops, without side effects (you know it, I presume), of course after gradually evolution from 1 drop, 2 drops, etc.

I'm not scared of any pandemics, also it treats the ulcerations or Staphylococcus Aureus, maybe also the Necrosis Fasciitis (maybe not, I'm not sure, but it has been solved some nasty epidermic disease to someone I know)

I never tested colloidal silver, but I bought 2 coins of 9999 silver and I made the apparatus recommended by Holly Deyo, in Dare to prepare (2009 edition), consisting in 3 9V batteries in serial with an incandescent bulb and then the coins into distillate water. But I heard this method is not the really nano particle silver obtain by high tech and covalently bond to water molecules. Though if it has silver, I think it's working. It work for centuries for elites, maybe will work also for paria like us.

Last edited by artvision; 11-08-2009 at 07:56 PM.
artvision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 08:51 PM   #12
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Dr. Russell Blaylock on the Vaccine

Here is a 4 part interview with Dr. Russell Blaylock about the vaccine. It answers a lot of questions, including the cytosine storm. Interview conducted by Dr. Mercola.

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=--nWrqIspnQ&feature=player_embeddedlu-Shot.aspx
Old 11-08-2009, 09:06 PM   #13
lindabaker
Avalon Senior Member

Colloidal silver can be used to rid the body, now, of those pesky little bacteria and viruses that stay in your body without symptoms. Those taking a minimal amount can tell, within 48 hours, that a general feeling of malaise has lifted. After they feel better, they realize that they hadn't felt so well all along...
lindabaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 09:16 PM   #14
DiVineEnvy
Avalon Senior Member

Ken Welch was a recent guest on Rayelan's Rumor Mill News radio program. The gist of his report is that H1N1 is a precursor, and that the real pandemic is just around the corner: a re-run of the 1918 Spanish Influenza, aka. 'La Grippe.' "Healthy in the morning, dead by nightfall."

For when an outbreak of pandemic flu occurs, he mentioned the following preventative measures now adopted by hospital personnel, learned during the SARS outbreak in Asia:

1. Wear rigid N95 masks that cover nose and mouth. Although these masks are marketed as 'disposable', they can be re-used by lightly misting/spraying the outer surface with 100 percent alcohol (not rubbing alcohol).

2. Use a hand sanitizer (eg. 60% alcohol gel) after touching things outside.

3. Stay at home, but if you must be in a public place, use goggles to prevent infection through your eyes.

4. Remove and wash all your garments upon returning home.

Regarding Cytokine Storm: Ken mentioned that a class of high blood pressure medicine is known to stop a Cytokine Storm dead in its tracks. I will not say any more regarding this, as it might be construed as medical advice. If you wish to pursue this on your own, I highly recommend that you follow Ken's work. He is going to publish his findings on the coming pandemic flu in a PDF file, and make this publicly available shortly.

Last edited by DiVineEnvy; 11-09-2009 at 04:55 AM.
DiVineEnvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 09:39 PM   #15
Fina
Avalon Senior Member

I canna mind where I first heard about the origin of the phrase; "Born with a silver spoon in their mouth"? In days of yore, the rich / Royalty ate from silver dishes with silver cutlery- and they avoided all the bugs 'the commoners' died of... so colloidal silver makes sense to me, in that respect?

Last winter, when I saw Dr Mercola's presentation on Vit D, and his advocating of 'mega-doses' to fight a flu when you got one, rather than just routinely taking some, I dowsed myself frequently to see if I needed to take any, and how many I needed?

I awoke with a sore throat one night - dowsed, and it 'said' I had to take something like 11,000 iu, some Vit C with Zinc, & Echinacea, and dowsing reckoned I had to take more in the morning - it went away

I never got a cold, flu or any bug all winter.

Personally, I trust dowsing for resonance / compatibility - don't know how 'scientific' it is, but I mind the Kinesiologist 'dowsed' by muscle-testing to see how much of what 'remedy' I was to take and how often?

I got colloidal silver recently, and am rarely 'advised' I need any, through dowsing.

Getting as much Vitamins & minerals through a healthy, balanced diet and avoiding refined white sugar and processed foods is the best way...

{says she... "One should look at one's self before one talks of others"; I was rebuked by a Teacher once... So I'm off to buy more organic fruit & veg' tomorrow
Fina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 11:25 PM   #16
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitinginthewings View Post
Here is a 4 part interview with Dr. Russell Blaylock about the vaccine. It answers a lot of questions, including the cytosine storm. Interview conducted by Dr. Mercola.

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=--nWrqIspnQ&feature=player_embeddedlu-Shot.aspx
Thanks.

His advice on what to do is in part 4.

I'm impressed with what he said about the cold compress if you are force-vaccinated.

Everyone should watch at least part 4. Lots of info on supplements.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:42 PM   #17
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiVineEnvy View Post
Ken Welch was a recent guest…
Here is the most amazing quote from the above link:

Growing Resistance Not What You Think

There is a growing sense of resistance in this country. We certainly see it, loud and clear, in regard to the swine flu vaccine program. Guess what? I’ve tracked about a third of the anti-vaccine material back to known Pentagon propaganda mills.”

I’m so grateful that I have Avalon to help me make sense of all the nonsense!!

Quote:
Regarding Cytokine Storm: Ken mentioned that a class of high blood pressure medicine is known to stop a Cytokine Storm dead in its tracks… He is going to publish his findings on the coming pandemic flu in a PDF file, and make this publicly available shortly.
Thank you for this. I’ve bookmarked this site.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:46 PM   #18
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks, everyone, for your participation!
Old 11-09-2009, 12:27 AM   #19
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seashore View Post
Thanks.

His advice on what to do is in part 4.

I'm impressed with what he said about the cold compress if you are force-vaccinated.

Everyone should watch at least part 4. Lots of info on supplements.
Seashore: I found the whole interview very worthwhile, but pt. 4 has some key info. I had never heard of the cold compress treatment either, I must remember it, not that I'm planning on taking any vaccines......most definitely not.

I was hoping for some remedies to actually flush out the vaccine (if one is forced to take it), but the Dr. had no suggestions on that. I will keep a watch out for any help on this important question.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:57 AM   #20
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitinginthewings View Post
I was hoping for some remedies to actually flush out the vaccine (if one is forced to take it), but the Dr. had no suggestions on that. I will keep a watch out for any help on this important question.
Here is a link to Rense's article on that based on Dr. Blaylock's advice:

http://www.rense.com/general87/vaccin.htm
Old 11-09-2009, 01:49 AM   #21
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Ken Welch was a recent guest...
I am more than surprised to see that the above link includes the following quote, which links to Rense.com where it says "this popular propaganda outfit":

"However, just to show how difficult it must be inside what Orwell would have called the Ministry Of Truth, other offices inside this massive operation must churn out Swine Flu hysteria pieces at the same time. Naturally, this is putting the gullible in a serious dilemma: Get the shot that allegedly will kill me tomorrow, or risk the flu which might might kill me next week. To get the flavor of all this, check out this popular propaganda outlet to see what I mean. You'll see why this article will never be referenced there."
Old 11-09-2009, 04:46 AM   #22
DiVineEnvy
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
I am more than surprised to see that the above link includes the following quote, which links to Rense.com where it says "this popular propaganda outfit"...
Seashore, Thanks for pointing that out. I had not clicked on that link, so I did not know it linked to Rense. For what it's worth, an associate who also happens to be an 'internet personality' privately offered the opinion that Rense.com is a so-called 'fishing site,' meaning I suppose that a team of PTB minions are constantly busy surveying which headlines are clicked in order to get a pulse on what the reading public is interested in this week. Frankly, that would not surprise me one bit, even though this has not deterred me from listening to Jeff Rense or reading the articles on his site. (I have a very high regard for many of the contributors on his site.)

This leads, however, to a consideration of what is reliable information, even in the so-called alternative media. Epistemology for the conspiracy mind set. Discernment is and always will be the key. To which I should add that the Marshall McLuhan quip "The Medium is the Message" is as true today as the day he quipped it. We live in a scientific dictatorship. The owners know that most of the sheeple will not take action on the basis of what they know to be true. 'Truth' is doled out in the form of 'infotainment'. We return to the same electronic feeding troughs day after day for our 'fix.' The owners know this, and use it to herd public opinion in a dialectical two step. What better way to poison the well than to infiltrate a popular venue known to attract conspiracy thinkers?

The propaganda mill of the PTB (aka. 'The Grand Wurlitzer') has become a very sophisticated public opinion engine. Propaganda is funded many times more than the military. Actually, it is more accurate to say that propaganda is an arm of the military, and that information warfare receives the lion's share of total military spending.

For any would-be Mockingbird psyop, 95% truth and 5% outright lies is an acceptable ratio in the battle for mindspace.

Oh, and did I mention that discernment is the key?

Last edited by DiVineEnvy; 11-09-2009 at 06:55 AM.
DiVineEnvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 04:59 AM   #23
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Here is a link to Rense's article on that based on Dr. Blaylock's advice:

http://www.rense.com/general87/vaccin.htm
Tks seashore, got it bookmarked.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:16 AM   #24
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
For what it's worth, an associate who also happens to be an 'internet personality' privately offered the opinion that Rense.com is a so-called 'fishing site,' meaning I suppose that a team of PTB minions are constantly busy surveying which headlines are clicked in order to get a pulse on what the reading public is interested in this week. Frankly, that would not surprise me one bit, even though this has not deterred me from listening to Jeff Rense or reading the articles on his site.
I'm not sure how this is relevant to the fact that Ken Welch made the statement about Jeff Rense.

Jeff Rense has also called Alex Jones a tyrant after an altercation between the two of them. (Following an article being published on Rense's site more or less suggesting that Jones had something to do with someone getting killed.)

Perhaps clashing egos is the problem.

The way of the world...

Old 11-09-2009, 10:25 AM   #25
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by no caste View Post
It makes me wonder if the whole path of 'bolstering' one's immunity is a good strategy for people right now...I'm not sure, but I'm going with green tea supps, tumeric...
Regarding green tea and turmeric:

Both these substances are listed as "antioxidants" which fight off the aging effects of "free radicals" and enhance immune function on the information associated with a supplement I take (Jigsaw Complete).

This is what is confusing me. I've seen turmeric recommended in a separate article I read as an anti-inflammatory remedy for the cytokine storm, which agrees with what you're saying, yet I also see it recommended as an immune function booster.

This seems contradictory.

Does anyone have a resolution to this?