Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Health / Alternative Medicine

Notices

Old 09-09-2008, 06:34 PM   #1
dreb13
Avalon Senior Member

Default Vitamin D3

Henry Deacon suggested last year that Vitamin D3 is a good thing to have on hand in case of a viral epidemic. D3 is produced naturally from the Sun.

from Project Camelot:

Quote:
Vitamin D3 (5000 IU per day) provides excellent cheap insurance against viral epidemics, whether natural or engineered. Dark-skinned people may require slightly higher doses. More than 5000 IU per day is not recommended on a regular basis. D3 has many additional benefits to include teleomere protection. Ten to twenty minutes of exposure to sunlight (on your skin) will generate more than enough D3, but for those who are indoors most of the day (elderly or office workers), or those who are in high-latitudes (during winters) should compensate with approx 5000 IU per day of D3

http://www.projectcamelot.org/liverm...ysicist_4.html
I started to take D3 in the fall of 2007 because I work in an office and during the winter months, I rarley have any exposure to the sun. I usually end up missing a day or two of work at some point between January and March due to a common cold but last year was different. I took 3000IU of D3 every day after lunch and remained healthy for the entire Winter and Spring...until I ran out and stopped taking it for a couple of weeks. At one point, I started to feel like a cold was comming on and bought some more D3 and never got sick. I did not take D3 during the summer because I'm exposed to sunlight more often and get my 15 minutes a day without any problems. I'm back to work now in an office and I've started taking D3 again and hopefully I'll stay healthy this Fall/Winter/Spring.

Has anyone else tried D3 after reading about it on Project Camelot?

My only question is how do you bottle up the sun in pill form? Was this a case of mind over matter where I "thought" that I wasn't going to get sick therefore I didn't sick??

Henry Deacon, do you have any more information to add??

Last edited by dreb13; 09-09-2008 at 07:08 PM.
dreb13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:13 PM   #2
Conch14:14
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Vitamin D3

Yeah, i started taking 5000IU of vitamin d3 per day after reading the Henry Deacon post because i work in an office and do not always get 10-15 minutes of direct sunlight a day. It is hard to say if it has made me healthier because i rarely ever get sick. I have refused to take medicine since i was a young kid and i think it has resulted in me building up a pretty strong immune system. None the less, the vitam d3 advice resonated with me for some reason when i heard it, and will continue to take 5000IU a day.
Conch14:14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:31 PM   #3
Henry Deacon

Smile Re: Vitamin D3 or supernanovitamin nutr nonsense

This is a very important subject.

Thank you for reminding others about D3.

i do not sell anything.
i have no desire to receive anything from anyone.

There is Much more value which can be derived from D3 than protection from influenza. The real benefits of D3 (the sunshine vitamin) have been suppressed for too long.
Pain reduction for chronic pain.... Mood enhancement.... Cancer prevention... the list is very long.

Forget about nano-masks and other snake-oil scams.
These products will do Nothing positive for You...
They will only provide income for salesmen/con-artists.

i am not at all happy with those who are taking advantage of others. Knowledge and access to knowledge should Always be free of charge. i see too many well-educated, but greedy, people selling worthless products to those who are truely in-need of protection and/or assistance.

There is nothing wrong with asking for donations to support worthwhile causes... Worthwhile causes will be supported by those who have the means to do so and who feel that the causes are of value.

-- ----------------

Those who have a valid knowledge base and yet knowingly produce (or sell) material on the internet which is misleading should be identified -- in order to protect those less educated in those subject areas.

if i could safely disclose those individuals to you, the reader, i would do so. i cannot afford to engage in any form of energy draining conflict. So i can only attempt to alert those who are attempting to be happy and healthy - to be well aware of these scam artists who instill fear and then prey on others.

Beware of slick (instilling fear/doom and then buy my products) tactics.

For Your Happiness and Your Health (Physical and Non-physical)

Henry

-------------------------------
Old 09-09-2008, 07:44 PM   #4
dreb13
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Vitamin D3 or supernanovitamin nutr nonsense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Deacon View Post
This is a very important subject.

Thank you for reminding others about D3.

There is Much more value which can be derived from D3 than protection from influenza. The real benefits of D3 (the sunshine vitamin) have been suppressed for too long.
Pain reduction for chronic pain.... Mood enhancement.... Cancer prevention... the list is very long.

If that's the case, should everyone try to "take their medicine" of 15-20 minutes a day in the sun to stay healthy and only use D3 in pill form whenever they are unable to get adequate sunlight?

I get the impression that our Sun has more secrets than we know and with that said, how can you put the Sun in pill form??

thanks for your input Henry, it's greatly appreciated.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:54 AM   #5
Ampgod
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Vitamin D3 or supernanovitamin nutr nonsense

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreb13 View Post
I get the impression that our Sun has more secrets than we know and with that said, how can you put the Sun in pill form??

You said it brother!
The Sun is fantastic!

I also would like to let people know if you are in a cloudy region you still get the Vitamin D if you stand outside. The sun is also not the reason for skin cancer. Your acidic body state is the reason. Fix that and you can stay in the sun all you want.

Last edited by Ampgod; 11-08-2008 at 12:35 AM.
Ampgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 08:25 PM   #6
argonacon
Avalon Senior Member

hey!

speaking of d3, I was wondering....what is a good brand to buy? i understand that they can derive d3 from many sources, and some are probably better than others. also, i found that the price difference between product a and b were very different. iu levels were different. and actually, i couldnt find anything above 500iu per pill here in canada....not that i looked very hard.

so, does anyone have any suggestions as to products that are good, have high levels of d3, and are the best bang for your buck? it'd be really apprciated!!!
argonacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 08:37 PM   #7
ThePirateKing
Avalon Senior Member

I don't know if anyone here is familiar with the work of Ray Kurzweil and Terry Grossman, but they have a line of supplements that I've been taking for quite a while now. They have a D3 capsule as well as many other products that are beneficial to the body and optimal health. Here's the link if interested:

www.rayandterry.com
ThePirateKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 09:16 PM   #8
Conch14:14
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by argonacon View Post
hey!

speaking of d3, I was wondering....what is a good brand to buy? i understand that they can derive d3 from many sources, and some are probably better than others. also, i found that the price difference between product a and b were very different. iu levels were different. and actually, i couldnt find anything above 500iu per pill here in canada....not that i looked very hard.

so, does anyone have any suggestions as to products that are good, have high levels of d3, and are the best bang for your buck? it'd be really apprciated!!!
I had this same problem when i first went to buy vitamin d3 at my local grocey store (Publix). They didn't even carry it. If there is an organic/health food store nearby where you live, you should be able to find it in the higher doses.
Conch14:14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 09:40 PM   #9
dreb13
Avalon Senior Member

from General Nutrition Center.

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp...origkw=d3&sr=1
Old 09-09-2008, 10:03 PM   #10
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks for the information-i shall step up to the mark! I also have a swig of cod liver oil everyday.B vits. for the nervous system.

Dr. Bill deagle knows his stuff also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GQgkx_d4gg
Antaletriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 10:15 PM   #11
Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by argonacon View Post
hey!

Well, Mrs Dood makes sure we get the Gel Caps. They seem to dissolve/assorb better.
Same for Cod Liver Oil in Gel Cap form. Good for your arteries while you age.

We get ALL of our suppliments from the Health Food Store.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:33 PM   #12
Ashatav
Avalon Senior Member

Smile Re: Vitamin D3

Yes.. Exactly what Dr. Deagle says about D3. Listen his radio show!

hohoho

Here:

http://www.gcnlive.com/Programs/Nutr...On_Demand.html
Ashatav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 02:11 AM   #13
Jonathon
Avalon Senior Member

I started taking D3 (2000-4000IU per day depending on how much sun I get) a couple months back when I first read the Deacon transcript. I would also urge everyone to look at MMS, which he also mentioned (google "sodium chlorite mms"). This is an extremely cheap and easy solution to potential outbreaks or other illnesses.

Also consider taking an Iodine supplement. There's a reason why healthcare (in particular cancer) insurance is such a great business in Japan. Very little risk! No one gets cancer! Where the USRDA recommends a full supply of (I) in 150 micrograms, Japanese consume on average 12 milligrams - quite a bit (70-80 x) more.

Other important uses:

1) Allows your thyroid to function normally.

2) Inhibits uptake of radiation after exposure.

3) Water purification (it's an antimicrobial).

4) Topical disinfectant (skin, utensil, wound)

Take my advice - keep a bottle of it around and print out usage and dosage information from various sources online.
Jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 06:13 PM   #14
Morgan
Avalon Senior Member

Great thread. There's so much benefit to be gained from 'natural' methods that is kept from us and it's a crime, if you ask me.

(Watch out for Codex... I can only hope and pray that it never comes to fruition.)

I take vit D3 1000mg/day (conservative I know!), but also take several grams of vit. C daily, fish oil, high-dose vitamins, etc. I've had a lot of major health issues and between supplementing and a whole foods, cooked-from-scratch diet has brought me up to a higher level of health than I ever knew. I won't tell others how to eat, but if there's any advice to be receptive to, it's to stop consuming sugar fullstop. It depresses the immune system.
All the chemicals in processed foods etc. should really be avoided too - none of them do anything very beneficial for you, and lots have been shown to cause harm.

But back to vit. D3, been taking this for just under 2 years (along with other supps.) and would say it's helped heaps Not had a cold/flu in 18 months, which is much improved from 2-3 per year.
Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 06:16 PM   #15
Andre
Avalon Senior Member

Excellent! I didn't realise that I could gain so much from D3. Great posts. This is why I love Project Avalon.
Andre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 04:03 AM   #16
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

Good info on D3, thanks for bringing it up. I work in a health food store, so I'll offer the following: nearly all vitamin products begin in the laboratory. They are called USP Isolates. I'm sure they call them something different in the UK but the principle is the same. Some companies use a living culture to digest and metabolize the nutrients and then call the result "organic." The latest trend however in vitamins is total food-sourced nutrients with little or no use of synthetic isolates. These vits cost more but absorb more efficiently and generally achieve superior results even though the doses are smaller.

Vitamin D3 is a form of D that synergizes well with calcium, phosphorus, boron and other minerals. A good source is Bone Strength by New Chapter. Other companies sell D3 in gel caps - probably isolates - and there are some food-sourced D3 supplements, which would be tablets.

Vitamin D3 is cholecalciferol, the kind of D we manufacture from sunlight. The D2 we get from food sources is ergocalciferol. Whereas D2 must be processed first by the liver and then by the kidneys before becoming active in the body, D3 is fully active to begin with.

New research is coming out all the time. The newest biotransformed and food-sourced nutrients are light-years ahead of ordinary isolates. Also if you're into B12 supplementation for energy and mental acuity, be sure you're buying a sublingual methylcobalamin and not the usual cyanocobalamin.

I'm pretty good with nutrition questions. If I don't know the answer I can generally find it.
whitecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 04:16 AM   #17
Zynox
Avalon Senior Member

I have found Biotics Research - Bio-D-Mulsion to be resonant, and it is drops which is a refreshing change from pills ... my feeling is it was an instrumental support component that helped lift depressive mood and outlook, along with iodine.

Namaste!
Zynox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 03:17 PM   #18
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

Yeah i'm goinna go out and try and get some from the health shop on saturday.Thanks.
Antaletriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 11:53 PM   #19
mntruthseeker
Avalon Senior Member

For 8 yrs I suffered awful pain in my feet and cramps in my legs. I was being treated from neuropathy, fibromynalia, rhuematoid arithis, carsel tunnel and tarsel tunnel. It seemed to get worse each year where I finally had to quit work. The coldnest seemed to be so bad that I would walk around with several pairs of wool socks on even while sleeping with my legs draping over a pillow to avoid touching my ankles to the bed, thats how bad they hurt. Couldn't use any cover other than socks as the touch was unbearable!

Finally a dr from India asked me why my feet were danging inwards. Well I looked at quick as I could and couldn't believe what I seen. She tested me and told me to get on D3 immediately. In two days I was smiling pretty darn big

I will be on vitamin D for the rest of my life. Not the original 50,000 units but 1000 daily.

So I threw away over $600.00 of medication monthly bill for a small pill. *what a shame

I guess running out back and forth to work (amt of sun daily) just didn't cut it. So this to me was another way of us getting ill by the threats of cancer due to too much sun. BS !!

Sun is good and so is vitamin D
mntruthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 02:17 AM   #20
Jonathon
Avalon Senior Member

Dr Deagle recommends www.grownbynature.com vitamins - they produce the higher quality re-natured vitamins which absorb much more efficiently into the body. They have a good bit of data on their website. This is where I will be ordering all of my vitamins from now on.
Jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 03:14 AM   #21
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

This is an interesting topic - and a couple of folks sent me private messages about D3 as well, so today I did a little research at work. The main source of D3 is fish oil. For those who don't want to take fish oil for whatever reason, the alternate source is lanolin. Vitamin D is an oil-soluble vitamin, which means that the newer food-cultured vitamins won't have anything better to offer than the standard gelcaps. D3 is commonly available in 200, 400 and 1000 IUs. You can also buy dry D in capsules.
whitecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 04:54 AM   #22
Henry Deacon

Default Vitamin D3 from sheep is the common source

YES! Another True Benefit of many to come... Pain Reduction from D3.
Thank you for posting it for others to read.

Have depression? .... D3 to the rescue again...

-------------------------------------------------------------

Google fun:

D3 commonly derived from animal products such as sheep wool or hides.

The gentle, peaceful sheep are not killed. Their wool is sheared, and lanolin from the sheep wool is chemically altered in the lab to produce vitamin D3 or cholecalciferol.

I would not recommend chewing on wool unless it comforts you.

There are numerous Low Cost suppliers in the U.S.A. who sell 2000iu tablets at very low prices.

One popular source is: iHerbs.com and they ship to Europe for practically nothing additional.

Healthy Origins, Vitamin D3, 2,400 IU, 360 Softgels is one example of many.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Again: Forget the snake-oil salesmen/"doctors" Please!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Henry Deacon; 09-13-2008 at 05:05 AM.
Old 09-14-2008, 05:03 PM   #23
Rexie
Avalon Senior Member

Reading this thread about Vitamine D3 I decided to register and share my part about my experience with Vitamine D3

In March this year some 'odd virus' struck my nerve which controls the muscles of the left part of my face, located just behind / below my left ear. Result : partial face paralysis.

In around 2 days I was unable to move the complete left part of my face.
The doctors said that with medication (mainly prednison) it would probably be over in 2 to 3 Months.

Than I read in an article from Henry Deacon that Vitamine D3 is a virus killer, and I decided to try it. I bought some 10ml bottles with 20.000 IU Vitamine D3, and took around 2-3 ml a day. (wich corresponds to 4.000-6.000 IU).

To my surprise, the second day I noticed a big recovery in the ability to move the left part of my face. After almost one week, I already had 90% of my facial muscle ability restored !!

I kept on using the daily dosis for another week, and I completely recovered from it, much faster than the doctors told me (2 - 3 months)

When I told them that I was taking Vitamine D3 in overdosis, they looked at me like 'do I believe this guy or not' but the result was unexplainable to them, such a fast recovery they had never seen. I made a remark like : 'Didn't you know that Vitamine D3 has anti-viral capabilities ?' and the answer was ...... yeah, shure....

The Vitamine D3 I used is the same they advise to give to babies, a few drops a day. Bottle of 10ml here in Spain has a price around 3 euros, good for 4 doses of 5.000 UI. I now take a 4.000 UI dose once a while, not every day, because in Spain we have lot's of Sun, and I can recommend it to everyone !

I'm convinced that Vitamine D3 has anti-viral properties, because there is no other explanation why I recovered that fast from a facial paralysis after starting to consume the dosis recommended (5.000 UI/Day)

Thanks Henry, for sharing this info.

Rexie
Rexie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 12:17 AM   #24
Ashatav
Avalon Senior Member

I found several uses for...... D-3!

You don't have money.. Take a D-3 Pill!

Your cat mess up the kitchen.. D-3!

Have a test in the school?........................................... .................................................. ......................... D-3!

Have you taken to much D-3?...... Have two!

You want to undo that life changing decision 10 years ago that carried you to the pit (or pinnacle) in which you are now..................D-3!

You see, the D-3 is good for almost everything!

Cheers!
Ashatav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 02:47 AM   #25
Sideshow Shaman
Avalon Senior Member

Yeah, vitamin D is next up on my supplement 'to do' list. Although I do get some from my liquid mulit-vitamin. I recommend naturalnews.com as a source for health related info. Vitamin D myths, facts and statistics for instance.

I found it interesting/worth noting that people with dark skin pigmentation may need 20 - 30 times as much exposure to sunlight as fair-skinned people to generate the same amount of vitamin D. Being an albino is actually helpful in generating vitamin D, who would have guessed?

For the highest quality vitamins I usually start by looking at the Integrated Health website. They also have a tendency to include useful cofactors. And the site is very educational too.
Sideshow Shaman is offline   Reply With Quote